Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Do You Love Your Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do You Love Your Job? (8060 Views)

7 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Job Interview / 4 Reasons You Don't Get Interviews After Your Job Applications / 7 Quick Tips : When Sending Your Job Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Kola5281(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2021
Selfmotivated:
The teaching job I'm doing now is very stressful... Tired but just have to do it. Nigeria is so bleeped up right now

Ehhya...I'm really feeling for you bro,that Job ain't easy at all especially with the fact that teachers are really under-paid sad

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Focusmind: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
TheN1:
To be honest, I sometimes feel ungrateful by not liking my job. It's a job most people pray for. But that's life, sometimes you don't like what you don't like. At this point, I wouldn't even want to work for any organization again, even with a million pay monthly.

Sometimes, you just want to dedicate your time and effort to your own thing. The greatest thing holding me back is fear of the unknown. Leaving your comfort zone and then finding you made a terrible mistake. This is what keeps most people working for decades without being fulfilled.

I was in your shoes five years ago. The job was demanding and the commute from mainland to island was taken its toll on me. The stress was too much. I took a leap of faith to resign and set up my own consulting business.

It has not been easy. I haven't been able to gross my former annual salary when I was in the paid employment. I could do mostly five to six Jobs for clients in a year. But I am fulfilled and happy. My quality of life is top-notch. I don't worry about any crazy deadlines and stress of commuting daily to work.

However, my fees are still not up to my former annual salary. Money is not everything. Peace of mind, comfort, contentment and good living are paramount to me.

Think deep before making any decision

2 Likes

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Guideyoursoul: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Some people love their job, but the pay is not enough. While others dislike what they do, yet they stay in there for the Paycheck

In both situation, money is constant

This bring about the question: If you have all the money that you'll ever need to live your dream life, will you still work your current job?

If your answer is yes, congrats cool

However, if your answer is no, mehn... you're slaving away cry
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by jditimiya(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
I love my job with passion.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Kola5281(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
Really don't like mine, it's more of a marketing job meaning i have to be on the streets working mostly, still contemplating whether to resign sha, the pay is 54K. I just hope I'll see any other job opportunity that comes by as far it doesn't involve me walking in the sun upandan....if anyone could be of help, I'll be immensely grateful.
Course of Study: Microbiology
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by CountVersailles(f): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Klass99:

A lot, considering where I first started from but I don't need to spell it out for you or the forum.

What is an excuse to you is a life choice for me.

Marriage and children are life choices, not goals or achievements we all have to meet in order to unlock happiness or the adult phase of our lives.

So live and let live.
I'm not even talking about marriage or not marriage. There's no need to bring that up.
Go back and re-read my post.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Mypeople2(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
TheN1:
How many people actually love their job? To be honest, my job isn't so stressful, the pay is good and there is job security. I've worked there for over a decade but I'm still not happy going there every morning.
I don't feel fulfilled. Actually, I admire those who work for themselves, who work at their own pace. Anyway, the question remains, how many people are actually happy doing what they do? I'd love to hear.
I.don't need to like my job.These days, it is all about THE MONEY
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by folks4luv(f): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

Do you feel like you're mentally trapped in your job?
never thought of this, but now, i think this may be my problem.

1 Like

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Klass99(f): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
smiley

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Goldenheart(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
I hate my job but damn it makes more money... wink
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Melaninprincess(f): 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
I do because I can enjoy my music while working. I just plug in my Oraimo freepods and I'm good to go. It makes the job easy

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Sambaby7640: 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2021
Help!!!

I'm a student and this money will go a long way

All you have to do is click the link below/ on my signature or copy and paste on your web browser. It will redirect you to Instagram (app or web)

2. Then Like the pic

It's a like competition and pic with most likes wins.

It won't take you up to ten seconds I promise.

You can help a student please
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Originalsly: 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
I love mine...... love meeting people and what better job to meet people from all over the world in their homes?.... and even the homeless?... the wealthy... the rich ... the hardworking... the sufferers ....the prostitutes... the druggies... the drug dealers ... prisoners about to be released ... the senior of seniors who give history that one wouldn't find in history books nor documentaries ... quite a few of them over 90 years old with sharp brain and razor tongue.... how can I not love this my job?... the doorssss it opens for me.... and most of all... the money is good and time flies!
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Cousin9999: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
Respectfully.

Some people need to change their definition of what makes their job fulfilling. Some people also need to recognize their own immaturity.

Every day at work isn't going to feel like a party, even if you're doing something you love. That's life. Deal with it and muscle through.

And it's pretty immature (and kind of ignorant) to view your job as some kind of toy that you discard for something new when you're "bored."

If you feel "unfulfilled," maybe it's because you choose to approach your job in a lazy way. Find better and more interesting ways to do your job and add value. Look for opportunities to do related side projects, or present proposals to create projects. Do more training and try to advance.

If it's really not for you, then put in the work of creating your own job/business or switching careers. But something tells me the people that whine don't have the work ethic to do that.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Cousin9999: 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
Guideyoursoul:
Some people love their job, but the pay is not enough. While others dislike what they do, yet they stay in there for the Paycheck

In both situation, money is constant

This bring about the question: If you have all the money that you'll ever need to live your dream life, will you still work your current job?

If your answer is yes, congrats cool

However, if your answer is no, mehn... you're slaving away cry

A better question is, would you want to live in a world where instead of doing the jobs that need to be done, people only did what was "fun" or what they "felt like" doing?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a cave.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Wiinnd(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
KingAzari:
Packing my bags and jetting off to the next location every week is the most interesting part of my job. The new faces, smell of new cities, trying new dishes, wines and other umuihendiagasi. I mean seeing new cultures, and being taken cares of by different people and see new different lifestyles every week is amazing.
I'm sure I love your kind of Job. Can you help me get one. I'm a Production Engineer by profession
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Wiinnd(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2021
Originalsly:
I love mine...... love meeting people and what better job to meet people from all over the world in their homes?.... and even the homeless?... the wealthy... the rich ... the hardworking... the sufferers ....the prostitutes... the druggies... the drug dealers ... prisoners about to be released ... the senior of seniors who give history that one wouldn't find in history books nor documentaries ... quite a few of them over 90 years old with sharp brain and razor tongue.... how can I not love this my job?... the doorssss it opens for me.... and most of all... the money is good and time flies!
I love this kind of job of yours. Abeg, cut soap for me
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Ouchbabe(f): 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
When I was crying profusely the day I got email from Tony Elumelu foundation that I didn't make it to the seed capital stage, some people around me didnt know why I was crying like a baby.
Teaching in a private school is one of the most annoying jobs someone can do. The stress, the meager salary is killing.
I had my business plan ready, hoping to be selected for the $5k grant from TEF to start my business but my village piipu no gree.
I know say One day one day e go betta
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Originalsly: 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Wiinnd:

I love this kind of job of yours. Abeg, cut soap for me

You need to first have water ... get water... I'll cut you soap.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by ceevee2003: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Klass99:

Thank you very much.

@ 2, I will look into that, thanks.

If you see the way I smiled at your last paragraph ehn? @ The bolded, if only you knew how many times I have heard that. But with each year that passes and I grow older my mind/desires haven't changed in that regard. It's a chronic lack of desire, as in the desire is non-existent and trust me I am not as young as you imagine.

As for who will look after me in old age, I honestly don't know but that's a bridge to be crossed as the years go by. I am more concerned with where I'll end up when my earthly life is over, than I am about my old age and who will look after me.
your position seems selfish. Imagine if everyone avoids having children because of sch fees, feeding etc. Btw Will you also avoid living in a house because of house rent or because of cost of building your own house? Or avoid transportation because of transport fare? Your parents raised you and now you love them and are taking care of them, this totally negates your position here. You should be praying for God who gives you children to also give you the resources to take care of them.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by ceevee2003: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
TheN1:
How many people actually love their job? To be honest, my job isn't so stressful, the pay is good and there is job security. I've worked there for over a decade but I'm still not happy going there every morning.
I don't feel fulfilled. Actually, I admire those who work for themselves, who work at their own pace. Anyway, the question remains, how many people are actually happy doing what they do? I'd love to hear.
I have two jobs, including one online and the two cumulatively pay 500k monthly, but truth is I dont love any of the two jobs. Farming is what gives me joy and I do it as well.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
ceevee2003:
your position seems selfish. Imagine if everyone avoids having children because of sch fees, feeding etc. Btw Will you also avoid living in a house because of house rent or because of cost of building your own house? Or avoid transportation because of transport fare? Your parents raised you and now you love them and are taking care of them, this totally negates your position here. You should be praying for God who gives you children to also give you the resources to take care of them.

Why pray for resources to take care of kids?.

Why are you praying over something you have 100% control over. We have brains, our duty is to use it to make decisions. Any thing that is above human capacity is what we should trouble God about.

You can cut your coat according to your size.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by tiamiyukunle69(m): 11:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nah......
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Klass99(f): 4:34am On Oct 12, 2021
smiley

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Do You Love Your Job? by vashkayanna(m): 5:16am On Oct 12, 2021
I am an Architect.
I love my job.
It puts food on my table and caters for my basic needs..
I am trying to take it to the next level...
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Mattin(m): 5:36am On Oct 12, 2021
Especially in Nigeria, most people don't love their job because the options for better and minimal and they underpaid.

Add Affiliate Marketing as your side hustle and before you know it,

It will be your full time job

Earning daily and weekly.

Email me for more details

Nairaland does not allow me post email or link here, I would have posted link where you can get more info
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by micxwell(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2021
ceevee2003:
I have two jobs, including one online and the two cumulatively pay 500k monthly, but truth is I dont love any of the two jobs. Farming is what gives me joy and I do it as well.
Can I learn from you?
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by tunjilee003: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2021
I'm fed up with my job,also scared of quiting due to fear of what might be outside....
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Klass99:

Lol grin.

As in ehn! I don't understand some people's inability to use their God given capacity to think, everything is about prayer and religion for them.

You're a sensible somebori, seven blessings to you.

Honestly, best way to prevent poverty is to avoid having too many kids, I haven't seen a bigger life hack than that.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Raalsalghul: 1:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
ceevee2003:

Typical black man mentality. No wonder the continent is backward.
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by Perosingx(m): 10:05am On Oct 13, 2021
rabiudon:
I love the job I have been doing for two years now, remote job for about 1 year 6 months. But I’m not well paid.

Which remote job is that?
Re: Do You Love Your Job? by rabiudon: 10:47am On Oct 13, 2021
Perosingx:

Which remote job is that?
I work with a Telecoms company

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Type Of Questions Can Be Expected For Software Developer Interview / Jobs In Abuja / Had Third Class In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.