Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year (1381 Views)

Guelor Kanga, Gabon Player, Who Was Born Few Years After His Mother's Death / 2019 Ballon D ‘or: Chukwuze Nominated For Best U-21 Player Award / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Prodon(f): 9:57am On Oct 11, 2021
Jorginho won the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea at the end of May before playing a pivotal role in Italy’s Euro 2020 triumph.

The Italy international was among the 30 players shortlisted for the Ballon d’Or last Friday.

The 29-year-old is expected to rival Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi, Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski, Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante, Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe for the Ballon d’ Or this year.

Jorginho should receive the Ballon d’Or this year, not the usual suspects,” Lippi said during the Festival dello Sport event in Trento.

“I absolutely agree,” added former AC Milan manager, Arrigo Sacchi.

Meanwhile, the winner of this year’s Ballon d’ Or will be announced on November 29.
Former Juventus manager, Marcello Lippi, has identified Chelsea midfielder, Jorginho, as the player that deserves to win the Ballon d’Or this year.

Jorginho won the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea at the end of May before playing a pivotal role in Italy’s Euro 2020 triumph.

The Italy international was among the 30 players shortlisted for the Ballon d’Or last Friday.

The 29-year-old is expected to rival Paris Saint-Germain’s Lionel Messi, Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski, Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante, Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema, Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah and Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe for the Ballon d’ Or this year.

"Jorginho should receive the Ballon d’Or this year, not the usual suspects,” Lippi said during the Festival dello Sport event in Trento.

“I absolutely agree,” added former AC Milan manager, Arrigo Sacchi.  Meanwhile, the winner of this year’s Ballon d’ Or will be announced on November 29.

https://insideimt.org.ng/ballon-d-or-marcelo-identifies-player-who-should-win-award-this-year/

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by joceey(m): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2021
grin
Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2021
I'm happy there is no Sepp Blatter to deliver it on a Blatter of Gold to anybody he prefers, we all know he will give it to Messi every Ballond'or he want's to, should Messi be up with others. And don't come and quote me that FIFA has no business with Ballond'or, remember it used to be FIFA Ballond'or I also suspect French Football association since Messi is now plying his trade in France

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by ThierryJay: 10:43am On Oct 11, 2021
All those ones (Lippi, Sacchi) are Italos na. They will definitely support their own. Jorginho ko, Jorge Mendes ni grin

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by unbitchable(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
I'm happy there is no Sepp Blatter to deliver it on a platter of Gold to anybody he prefers, we all know he will give it to Messi every Ballondor he wants, if Messi is up with others I also suspect French Football association since Messi is now plying his trade in France
It was the same Sepp Blatter that extended voting deadline after the old fraud scored hat trick against Sweden so that the old fraud could win Fifa balond'or.

4 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by OJEEMAH(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2021
All these old men sef......On what basis should Jorginho be awarded the Balon D'or??

In terms of performance, was the just average midfielder better than KDB, Kante, Bruno Fernandez, Gundogan or even Barella?

Even if they decide to use Modric law, he still doesn't deserve it...........He played about 40 games last season with no match winning performance

He has been duly compensated with UEFA Player of the Year.

If he wins, it will be the biggest fraud in Balon D'or history.......No one can boldly defend his average performance.

6 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by orohbiro(f): 11:10am On Oct 11, 2021
unbitchable:

It was the same Sepp Blatter that extended voting deadline after the old fraud scored hat trick against Sweden so that the old fraud could win Fifa balond'or.
what a reply I wish I can send u money for maltina

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by OJEEMAH(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
I'm happy there is no Sepp Blatter to deliver it on a platter of Gold to anybody he prefers, we all know he will give it to Messi every Ballond'or he wants, should Messi be up with others. And don't come and quote me that FIFA has no business with Ballond'or, remember it used to be FIFA Ballond'or I also suspect French Football association since Messi is now plying his trade in France
The bolded shows you know little about football. FIFA Balon D'or was a 6years arrangement from 2010-2016 and Balon D'or existed for about 45years before the merger. before the merger, Messi was Balon D'or winner so what's your point exactly?

Talking about French Football Association, was Messi in France when he won 6??

Penaldians go blame Platini when Messi win balon D'or
same people go still blame Blatter when he wins FIFA Award as if Messi family nai get FIFA and Balon D'or

or you guys want to tell us, Messi has been bribing eligible voters ( Journalists, Coaches, Club and National team Captains) or the organizing body has been changing votes?

Aint you guys tired of the blame game?
why always Messi?

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Thank God you said FIFA and Blatter controlled Ballond'or from 2010 to 2016, tell me who won more Ballond'or during this Blatter days? Oga Football Professor tell us why Sneijder et al, 2010 and Iniesta et al, 2012. Were being robbed
OJEEMAH:
The bolded shows you know little about football. FIFA Balon D'or was a 6years arrangement from 2010-2016 and Balon D'or existed for about 45years before the merger. before the merger, Messi was Balon D'or winner so what's your point exactly?

Talking about French Football Association, was Messi in France when he won 6??

Penaldians go blame Platini when Messi win balon D'or
same people go still blame Blatter when he wins FIFA Award as if Messi family nai get FIFA and Balon D'or

or you guys want to tell us, Messi has been bribing eligible voters ( Journalists, Coaches, Club and National team Captains) or the organizing body has been changing votes?

Aint you guys tired of the blame game?
why always Messi?

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Modric won ahead of Ronaldo In 2018 and you guys didn't label it as
fraud but you think Jorginho winning ahead of Messi as a potential fraud
OJEEMAH:
All these old men sef......On what basis should Jorginho be awarded the Balon D'or??

In terms of performance, was the just average midfielder better than , Kante, Bruno Fernandez, Gundogan or even Barella?

Even if they decide to use Modric law, he still doesn't deserve it...........He played about 40 games last season with no match winning performance

If he wins, it will be the biggest fraud in Balon D'or history.......No one can boldly defend his average performance.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by paulolee(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
unbitchable:

GOD bless u bro....u took d word out of my mouth..
Blatter extending d deadline just hours after cr7 hattrick against sweden simply meant dt ribery doesn't stand a chance even after winning all trophies for Bayern n cr7 going trophiless dt season.
them no remember dt wan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by paulolee(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
on a normal day,who be average Jorginho to be awarded a whole balloon d or?
player dt did nothing in dt chelsea fantastic squad, did nothing for Italy winning euros n was jus lucky to be in both winning squads..
he had already bin compensated with UCL best n dts more than enough because a kante winning euros would av stood a chance against messi becaof his superb ucl performance
messi won d copa for d first time n dt was d final nail...come December, he would easily walk away with d award..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by paulolee(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
OJEEMAH:

In terms of performance, was the just average midfielder better than KDB, Kante, Bruno Fernandez, Gundogan or even Barella?

brows calm down....Jorginho self no say e no possible for am to win...Mk e Italian brothers continue to de noise for e head bcox na only dm want vote..
d award is already given to messi n dm don already dey interview am self..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by OJEEMAH(m): 2:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
Thank God you said FIFA and Blatter controlled Ballond'or from 2010 to 2016, tell me who won more Ballond'or during this Blatter days? Oga Football Professor tell us why Sneijder et al, 2010 and Iniesta et al, 2012. Were being robbed
Sneijder?? Very hilarious........ Maybe you should start by telling us what Sneijder did to deserve Balon D'or.

Meanwhile, if Sneijder was outstanding as you claim, don't you think he would have won Best Player Award in at least one of the competitions (UCL, Seria A & World Cup) he participated.

2012......You mean the same year Messi kept breaking and setting new records??

Just to mention a few;

Broke Muller's record of highest goal scored in a Calendar year (91)

Highest goal scored in a single European League season (73)

Highest goal scored in a top European league (50)

First to score 5 goals in a single UCL game

Broke his own UCL goal record of 12 goals by setting a new one with 14goals.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by OJEEMAH(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
Modric won ahead of Ronaldo In 2018 and you guys didn't label it as
fraud but you think Jorginho winning ahead of Messi as a potential fraud
Don't pin others opinion on me unless you can prove I said it. If you are pained about 2018, Query Balon D'or organizers and FIFA cos fans does not vote. Na only opinion we get.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by OJEEMAH(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
paulolee:

brows calm down....Jorginho self no say e no possible for am to win...Mk e Italian brothers continue to de noise for e head bcox na only dm want vote..
d award is already given to messi n dm don already dey interview am self..
if people even talk about Lewandoski, I go know say e stand a chance.....imagine Jorginho wey I play ball pass grin grin grin if no be say man begin pursue money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2021
when did midfielder start surpassing attackers for ballon do'r. DON'T QUOTE ME!

LIKE if u agree SHARE if u are against

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by ThierryJay: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
This Jorginho agenda is ridiculous and I think it's due to the social media age we are in that is making many uninformed persons to put pressure on him to be in the conversation. Someone that doesn't even deserve to be in the 30-man shortlist IMO. He lost penalty for Italy and could have been responsible for his country's exit at the Euros and did nothing spectacular for both teams. Is that how low these agendists think the Ballon D'or has become? Let's even look at precedents and they are plenty:

2012 Juan Mata - won UCL with Chelsea and Euros with Spain. Won Chelsea's player of the year award (2011/2012). The baba no even make the 23-man shortlist let alone top 3 Ballon D'or nominees.

2014 Mesuit Ozil & Sammie Khedira - Both won UCL with Madrid and World cup with Germany (with Khedira scoring 2 goals against almighty Brazil in a 7-1 Semi-final demolition) - Both of them no smell shingba at Ballon D'or podium level

2008 Gerard Pique - Won both UCL for Man Utd and Euros for Spain. Yet would never even make a 100-man list for ballon D'or nominees that year grin

2002 Roberto Carlos - Won UCL for Madrid and World Cup for Brazil and actually scored blinding goals in both tournaments, yet man did not even make top 10.

2000 Makelele - Same story as Roberto Carlos only that his national honours came with France at Euro 2000. You guessed right, he was watching the Ballon D'or ceremony from home like you and I lol.

2016 Pepe - Even though we know he wasn't going to win it over Ronaldo, at least based on Jorginho's law he should have made top 3. But as you well know, he didn't even make top 3 for Madrid let alone globally. Same as Contreao.

2018 Varane - Won World Cup for France and UCL for Madrid with stellar performances. Still did not make top 5 Ballon D'or list

With plenty precedence wey dey above, how Jorginho own come be. Most of the above players even had way better individual contributions to their teams' successes, yet them no smell am. Make Jorgendists go and sit down abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by paulolee(m): 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
OJEEMAH:
if people even talk about Lewandoski, I go know say e stand a chance.....imagine Jorginho wey I play ball pass grin grin grin if no be say man begin pursue money.
I swear.....d gee jus de lucky to ball in same title winning teams last season even I he did nothing in winning those title.
same Jorginho wey ghost all tru d ucl n all tru euros n even miss penalty for finals..
Jorginho no fit win am abeg. ..na sarri start all dis rubbish hype

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
paulolee:

I swear.....d gee jus de lucky to ball in same title winning teams last season even I he did nothing in winning those title.
same Jorginho wey ghost all tru d ucl n all tru euros n even miss penalty for finals..
Jorginho no fit win am abeg. ..na sarri start all dis rubbish hype
I don't even no wen midfielders start winning ballon do'r

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 6:17am On Oct 12, 2021
When Sneijder won treble and Iniesta won Euros and player of the Tournament, which tangible trophy did Messi win, Barcelona did not even win LA Liga that year, if you're judging on the basis of trophy won
paulolee:

GOD bless u bro....u took d word out of my mouth..
Blatter extending d deadline just hours after cr7 hattrick against sweden simply meant dt ribery doesn't stand a chance even after winning all trophies for Bayern n cr7 going trophiless dt season.
them no remember dt wan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by NaijaDonCast(m): 6:20am On Oct 12, 2021
So tell us how Cannavaro won Ballond'or or you don't want to mention a defender won it
ThierryJay:
This Jorginho agenda is ridiculous and I think it's due to the social media age we are in that is making many uninformed persons to put pressure on him to be in the conversation. Someone that doesn't even deserve to be in the 30-man shortlist IMO. He lost penalty for Italy and could have been responsible for his country's exit at the Euros and did nothing spectacular for both teams. Is that how low these agendists think the Ballon D'or has become? Let's even look at precedents and they are plenty:

2012 Juan Mata - won UCL with Chelsea and Euros with Spain. Won Chelsea's player of the year award (2011/2012). The baba no even make the 23-man shortlist let alone top 3 Ballon D'or nominees.

2014 Mesuit Ozil & Sammie Khedira - Both won UCL with Madrid and World cup with Germany (with Khedira scoring 2 goals against almighty Brazil in a 7-1 Semi-final demolition) - Both of them no smell shingba at Ballon D'or podium level

2008 Gerard Pique - Won both UCL for Man Utd and Euros for Spain. Yet would never even make a 100-man list for ballon D'or nominees that year grin

2002 Roberto Carlos - Won UCL for Madrid and World Cup for Brazil and actually scored blinding goals in both tournaments, yet man did not even make top 10.

2000 Makelele - Same story as Roberto Carlos only that his national honours came with France at Euro 2000. You guessed right, he was watching the Ballon D'or ceremony from home like you and I lol.

2016 Pepe - Even though we know he wasn't going to win it over Ronaldo, at least based on Jorginho's law he should have made top 3. But as you well know, he didn't even make top 3 for Madrid let alone globally. Same as Contreao.

2018 Varane - Won World Cup for France and UCL for Madrid with stellar performances. Still did not make top 5 Ballon D'or list

With plenty precedence wey dey above, how Jorginho own come be. Most of the above players even had way better individual contributions to their teams' successes, yet them no smell am. Make Jorgendists go and sit down abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by ThierryJay: 6:39am On Oct 12, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
So tell us how Cannavaro won Ballond'or or you don't want to mention a defender won it

My point is not that a defender cannot win it. The koko is that anyone (whether striker, midfielder or defender) should not win it simply because he was part of trophy-winning teams without being individually outstanding.

At least, Cannavaro won the second best player award at the 2006 world cup for his outstanding defensive displays at the tournament, so his Ballon D'or was not without some form of justification (though Zidane would have won it if not for bad behaviour). Meanwhile Jorginho does not have any outstanding individual recognition displays at Euros or UCL. So he shouldn't even be close.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Kingcalls: 7:11am On Oct 12, 2021
unbitchable:

Y wudnt he have extended it when he was planning on giving it to that midget fraud again ,till he was caught off camera insulting CR7 while hailing the midget ...thats how the back to bk to bk to bk balon dor ended for the midget fraud

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Kingcalls: 7:13am On Oct 12, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Neither does messi deserve it... messi minions always trash other players to promote messi thats how the clash between messi and Ronaldo started... they will trash any football player yo promote their midget fraud...look at them everywhere on this thread like BMC paid members

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Kingcalls: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2021
Enoch3721:
I don't even no wen midfielders start winning ballon do'r

All u children that just started watching football ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Kingcalls: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2021
Messi minions now depend on an award based on sentimental votes to claim goat..when it comes to the koko which is Champions league, that the best is glaring to everyone's eyes ....he goes missing.... Best player in the champions league should even surpass balon dor cos for champions league , u must win it first and recognised as the teams best player , cos the whole world had watched ur performance lead the team to victory... not one award that some vote whoever they wish...imagine messi saying he will vote mbappe and neymar....is neymar near any best in the world?? Last year messi voted for neymar in uefas best player , when it was glaring that Lewandowski was the best.... awards will always be sentimental, thats y it should be scrapped, if its by votes .... some will even vote kessie or morata as the best player ...

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

All u children that just started watching football ...
ancient of days, I hail ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by paulolee(m): 9:53am On Oct 12, 2021
NaijaDonCast:
When Sneijder won treble and Iniesta won Euros and player of the Tournament, which tangible trophy did Messi win, Barcelona did not even win LA Liga that year, if you're judging on the basis of trophy won
yeah..dts favoritism in play...it only works for cr7 n messi bcoz of d big n numerous brands endorsing both..
its all about football politics n money..

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by ThierryJay: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

Neither does messi deserve it... messi minions always trash other players to promote messi thats how the clash between messi and Ronaldo started... they will trash any football player yo promote their midget fraud...look at them everywhere on this thread like BMC paid members

Messimerizers are on this thread because the conversation is about potential realistic Ballon D'or winners of which Messi is among. The real question is why are you here when your fave is not even in the conversation? Why chooking mouth inside wetin dey above the grade of you or your fave if not just to hate on a likely winner as usual grin

Messi deserves it because he had a good balance of individual contributions (Over 50 goals & assists in 2021) and trophies (Copa America & Copa Del Rey) where he was the main contributor to winning those trophies (best player in both competitions).

Lewandowski has slightly better individual stats than Messi but doesn't score high in the area of trophies or impact in high value competitions (Copa america is considered more significant than Bayern's annual Bundesliga celebrations) (Also didn't have any outstanding game in the UCL to boost his sole Bundesliga fireworks).

Jorginho scores the highest in trophies won but is embarrassingly low on individual contributions. I mean this is someone that was regularly subbed of the Italian team at the Euros and almost cost them the title with his missed penalty. In the UCL, Kante, Mount, Havertz and Giroud were the main drivers of Chelsea's win during the campaign.

So on the balance of it, Messi should win the award and there is nothing pained haters like you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by Kingcalls: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
ThierryJay:

Messimerizers are on this thread because the conversation is about potential realistic Ballon D'or winners of which Messi is among. The real question is why are you here when your fave is not even in the conversation? Why chooking mouth inside wetin dey above the grade of you or your fave if not just to hate on a likely winner as usual grin

Messi deserves it because he had a good balance of individual contributions (Over 50 goals & assists in 2021) and trophies (Copa America & Copa Del Rey) where he was the main contributor to winning those trophies (best player in both competitions).

Lewandowski has slightly better individual stats than Messi but doesn't score high in the area of trophies or impact in high value competitions (Copa america is considered more significant than Bayern's annual Bundesliga celebrations) (Also didn't have any outstanding game in the UCL to boost his sole Bundesliga fireworks).

Jorginho scores the highest in trophies won but is embarrassingly low on individual contributions. I mean this is someone that was regularly subbed of the Italian team at the Euros and almost cost them the title with his missed penalty. In the UCL, Kante, Mount, Havertz and Giroud were the main drivers of Chelsea's win during the campaign.

So on the balance of it, Messi should win the award and there is nothing pained haters like you can do about it.

Mention one outstanding game messi had in the champions league?? Bundesliga is 10 times better than Spanish FA cup and the dead copa ... if Messi won it in 2019 cos he won la liga and European golden boot plus la liga best player in that same year that Brazil won copa and Ronaldo won nations league, then Lewandowski deserves it win it cos he won Bundesliga, European golden boot, Bundesliga best player.... they can't be shifting goal post every time to favour messi.... the most over hyped player in the history of football... bayern Munich being sooo good in Bundesliga dont mean its a weak league cos they also destroyed barca 8.2 ... u will on one hand say Lewandowski had it easy due to the team he played for compared to barca and messi, like messi dint hv the best team in world football when he won 4 straight balon dor.... hypocrites
Re: Ballon D’ Or: Marcelo Identifies Player Who Should Win Award This Year by ThierryJay: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

Mention one outstanding game messi had in the champions league?? Bundesliga is 10 times better than Spanish FA cup and the dead copa ... if Messi won it in 2019 cos he won la liga and European golden boot plus la liga best player in that same year that Brazil won copa and Ronaldo won nations league, then Lewandowski deserves it win it cos he won Bundesliga, European golden boot, Bundesliga best player.... they can't be shifting goal post every time to favour messi.... the most over hyped player in the history of football... bayern Munich being sooo good in Bundesliga dont mean its a weak league cos they also destroyed barca 8.2 ... u will on one hand say Lewandowski had it easy due to the team he played for compared to barca and messi, like messi dint hv the best team in world football when he won 4 straight balon dor.... hypocrites

That must be a joke right? Like Ronaldo winning Euro 2016 is lesser than Lewandoski winning Bundesliga 2016 ba?

The issue I have with you is that you are very insincere in your arguments making it an absolute waste of time bantering with you. Who ever told you that Messi won 2019 B'Dor mainly because he won La Liga?

FYI, 2019 UCL played the major role in Messi's Ballon D'or win over Van Dijk. Even though he didn't win it, Messi was outstanding in 2019 UCL as he was highest goal scorer (12 goals) and he had several outstanding knock-out games where he almost single-handedly determined the outcomes with spectacular goals i.e against Lyon, Man utd and first leg vs Liverpool that brought him critical acclaim. In fact, if he had not scored that majestic free kick against Liverpool at the Semifinal which was the tipping point for many of the voters (e.g Mourinho), he most likely would not have won the B'dor over VVD. The La Liga trophy was just a minimum base, the main factor was his UCL exploits.

Lewy on the other hand simply did not have the same kind of impact on UCL Messi did in 2019. If you deny this, then you are simply confirming that you are irrational. No player has ever won the Ballon D'or solely on the basis of local league exploits. There's usually outstanding performances in either the UCL/UEFA Cup or an international tournament that augments their case to win.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Fifa Ranking: Ghana 14th Nigeria 45th / LAGOS NAIRALANDERS (rugby In Nigeria ) / Catalans Believe Real Madrid Are Behind Their Fifa Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.