Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? (453 Views)

What Will Ndigbo Do If PDP Does Not Zone Its Ticket To The SE? / What Should Ndigbo Do About Hatred Of Nigerians? / Junaid Mohammed: Obaseki's Victory Shouldn’t Be Seen As Humiliation Of Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2021
Humiliation of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria?

** By Chuks Ikedigwe

Growing up, I didn’t need a soothsayer to understand that “Nigeria No Be Me”. I was still a kid when I discovered that Nigeria has something against my people. Yes! You heard me right. Well for emphasis, let me repeat myself. I was a still a teenager when it became confirmed to me that ”Nigeria No Belong Ndigbo” (apologies to our Sierra-Leonean brethren). Before this time, I was a lover of Nigeria. I loved the country and cherished her. I prayed for her and her leaders. Fasted for her and wished her well. Cried whenever any of her teams loses a Match. Thus, I couldn’t eat when the country lost her 2nd Round Match against Italy in the USA 1994 World Cup. I was very devastated.

But in return for my love, Nigeria allowed her agents treat me and my people with so much resentment and contempt.

I initially I mistook the resentment and contempt for ”one of those thing’’. But as time went by, it became more pronounced, systematic and dangerous.

I will be lying and deceiving myself if after witnessing and being a victim of these systematic and dual Ideologies of the Nigeria Nation as it concerns how I and those from my 5 percent region (apologies to Muhammadu Buhari) are treated. The Christian Holy Book would have aptly captured thus ‘’I will be lying to myself and the truth is not in me’’.

Thus, to those that will want to deny these known facts, so as to be politically corrected ‘’you are lying to yourself and the truth is not in you’’. Who lies to him or herself? Only the Political correctnessers (sic). They are everywhere in political corridors. Denying the truth when in government positions but singing more than Canary Birds when out of position.

This systematic implementation of these dual ideologies by the Nigerian State that is openly screwed against the Igbos has today taken a life of its own. It has grown or do I say elevated to a level that it now obvious that it is state sponsored policy. Yes! It’s definitely a matter of a state policy and nobody can tell me otherwise because it has become so engrossed and undeniable that even the blind can see and the deaf can hear.

The dual Ideology is such that I am treated differently from other citizens of Nigeria based on where I come from, the name I bear and the language I speak.

To prove these, rather than dwell on old experiences that triggered my curiosity and eventual conclusion that ‘’Nigeria No Belong Me as an Onye Igbo’’ which the always living in denial Nigerian Political correctnessers cant even deny again, I will rather use the events of few days.

Just few days ago, a foremost Onye Igbo and a Nollywood artiste, Chief Chiwetalu Agu was handled and humiliated in the streets of his land while gifting the less privileged members of the public Breads so they have something to eat in this mis-managed economy that hungry as become a friendly enemy. His crime for getting manhandled and humiliated by the Fulani dominated Terrorist-like acting Nigerian Army? For wearing regalia that looks replica of Biafra colours. And you ask, when has it become a crime for one to be adorned in the colours of what represents his true identity? And that is where the systematic dual Ideologies cum state sponsored policy against the Igbos come in.

On numerous cases, the hausas/fulanis northern Nigerians have worn material representing and boldly written “Arewa“ which they consider their identity and nobody has been arrested or humiliated for it.

Our Yoruba brethern from the South West constantly display material presenting them as ”Oduduwa” which they consider their true identity and nobody from that region has been humiliated for it. In fact, they currently have an Oduduwa National Anthem that their governors and government functionaries recite before meetings and the earth has not been let loose.

So, can someone now tell us why the earth will always let loose whenever an Igbo person is with any material that represents his true identity, Biafra? Why have Ndigbos been murdered for just having a Biafran App in their phones in same country government functionaries can openly display their identity and recite anthem?

In all these, the silence of Ohanaeze Ndigbo and the so called elders and Igbo elites is not only embarrassing but criminal. Thus, giving credence to the notion that they are agents and footsoldiers of the Fulani/Sokoto Caliphate.

The most disheartening, is that these Igbo Fulani characters will be the first to condemn the Igbo youths whenever they seek to speak against these absurdities. These characters will immediately summon a meeting to the Enugu Government House and condemn the youths for daring to revolt against these evils. They will immediately become peace preachers and violence condemners. To them, Igbo Youth standing up to demand for justice is calling for violence. The sad thing is that these Igbo characters will never condemn these absurdities against their youths. They will never condemn the murdering of their innocent youths by the Nigerian Fulani dominated security forces that no longer pretend over their mission: To arrest, detain, maim, slaughter, tag and label our youths.

The worst is that it seems that the blame the Onye Igbo victim mentality has even shifted from being an exclusive act of the Igbo Politicians, elders and elites to supposedly new breed Igbo professionals.

If that is not the case, why will the current President General of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Amb. Emeka Rollas Ejezie blame Chiwetalu Agu for his choice of dressing? If the reports in the media is true, that he while speaking with Vanguard was quoted to have condemned Chiwetalu Agu for wearing Biafra regalia. By saying ...” he shouldn’t have worn Biafra regalia, considering high rate of insecurity in the state.

“I don’t know why he put on Biafra regalia. The state is hot. We are in talk with the military officials to ensure his released. I heard they have taken him to 82 Division of the Nigeria Military base. We will do our best,” he said”

This is a sad very commentary especially if it confirmed to be true. In that case, the Actors Guild President General will have to tell us the high rate of crime that was existing when the Nigeria’s Gestapo Outfit, the DSS arrested and detained an Igbo born journalist and the coordinator, African Centre for Media & Information Literacy, Chidi Onumah sometimes in 2016 while wearing a branded T-Shirt promoting his book ‘We Are All Biafrans?’’

If it is true that Emeka Rollas has joined the blame the Igbo victims’ bandwagon, then it is important that he is declared a personal non-grata for future sake. The true is that we can’t be wrestling ‘’ the wasted old generation’’ and still be having someone from the new generation were the solution is expected also joining the charade. And if allegation is false, then Emeka Rollas should be bold enough to issue a comprehensive statement to deny it. Because this is the only way he can free himself from the new emerging allegations that he intentional deceived our people and even the victim when he got his crew to make a video claiming that the Guild has secured the release of Chief Chiwetalu from the Notorious Nigeria Army. When in reality, it was the Army that handed him over to the DSS.

Perhaps, Emeka Rollas was trying to please his Nigerian members of the Guild as the Igbo politicians do when he blamed Chiwetalu Agu or who knows if the Caliphate has also recruited him?

Islamic Shelk, Gumi is there promoting, negotiating with bandits and promising that Kidnapping will never stop until these “criminals terrorists” are given amnesty, compensated and reintegrated. He will never be touched because he is NOT Igbo.

Today, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and all Ndigbos who are by default all Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) are tagged terrorists and treated like common criminals because they dared to demand for right to self determination through referendum. Which is same right that President Muhammadu Buhari demanded for the ”strangers” in the Islamic territories of Palestine and Wastern Sahara before the UN in 2015.

It’s time that the Nigeria authorities tells this generation of Igbos in plain language “wetin Ndigbo do them?” because I can’t wrap my head around the fact that Buhari can demand for referendum for Muslims miles away but the majority Judeo-Christian Igbos in his backyard are criminals and terrorists for making same demand?

Could the religion we practice, the language we speak, our never-say-die-spirits etc be our crime? Who knows? If they are not, then its time someone from the Nigeria state or the Nigeria state itself tells us ‘’wetin be our crime’’.

This pretense that all is well must stop. This is longer funny. As we all can see the different treatments (5 and 97 percenters’ treatment).

And why will a rejected man also be humiliated and killed for wanting to stay apart?

The truth is that this anger that is building amongst the Igbo youth, when it gets to ”a defining/ melting point’’ Ife Ndi abuo ofu eme.

So the earlier we are told our crime, the better. By the way, for how long can you force people who longer feel any connection with Nigeria, whose soul, spirits and body have left Nigeria and who now celebrates any match loss (in fact, any loss at all) against Nigeria, to be Nigerians?

Chuks Ikedigwe, a Human Right and Self-determination activist can be reached: Chosen_04@yahoo.com
Re: Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? by ceejay10(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2021
Apt! Very well said. It's simple. They are scared of the Igbos. They don't trust the Igbos, yet won't let the Igbos be.

1 Like

Re: Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
ceejay10:
Apt! Very well said. It's simple. They are scared of the Igbos. They don't trust the Igbos, yet won't let the Igbos be.

You nailed it nwanne
Re: Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
Terrorist-like Nigeria Army taking their fraustration on innocent Igbo youths.

1 Like

Re: Humiliation Of Chiwetalu Agu :: Wetin Ndigbo Do Nigeria? by Oracleforce: 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2021
May this Man nit die in DSS custody....

This man might not know, that wearing of Biafra Dress will lead to this...the man that suppose to be chopping Apku and Ogbono in his house with peace is now being treated like a criminal because he wore Biafra uniform...

Wahala be like Indomie noodle. May God deliver you from your trouble

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Replies The Economist - Bandits Bandits Not Different From Boko Haram / Diezani Alison-madueke's Bra / You Speak And Write Like A Motor Park Tout - Jang Replies Plateau Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.