Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,024 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country (2628 Views)

Why Biafra Might Have The Largest Military In Africa / This Is Why Biafra Want South South Especially Akwa Ibom / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
For millenia, the mainstay of igbos is trade. They are good at buying at selling. Especially from China and other countries. Buying is not important. Anyone can buy. The important thing here is selling.

Igbos have enjoyed selling to yorubas and northerners for decades. Why? Yorubas are a very well rounded people. They are not into just one thing. Law, music, business, medicine, academia, transport, tech etc etc. This means Yorubas delegate the trading to the igbos, but when biafra comes and igbo lose right to sell to 65 million yoruba buyers, yoruba entrepreneurs will fill those spots igbos will leave open.

For hausas, they are also good with trading. After biafra I'm sure northerners will not even want to see igbos at all as they'll declare full sharia immediately.

What then do we have? 45 million igbos in their land locked region with no customers. They won't buy from each other as much because they have trading mentality. They can sell goods, not good at buying. SW and North will pass strong indigenous laws to shut out non citizens like China.

SW and North will be safe because igbos are not the main consumers of our products in the first place. But igbos will lose 150m customers and if they want to jump the rest of Nigeria, logistics will not be funny.

We can't wait for biafra to come.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by vanbonattel: 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Biafra is rich forever.

10 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by sapientia(m): 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hehehe

Tell us why your own region is now richest for being in Nigeria

grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
sapientia:
Hehehe

Tell us why your own region is now richest for being in Nigeria

grin grin
Its always been the richest region. Awolowo policies too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by helinues: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Bunkum

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
helinues:
Bunkum

?
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by ahmthankgod(m): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by BigSarah(f): 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
Lol anti-biafra narrative...
Not worth responding since currently no body is agitating for Biafra..
Me I don't know what IPOB is agitating for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by AroOkigbo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2021
OP just finished writing WAEC.

If it's so, Buhari and his fellow head slammers would have gladly given them Biafra.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by richmond500: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Catlin
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by ajumma(m): 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
I disagree on this. Plenty millionaires , They will be like another South Sudan immediately getting the so called Utopia Biafra with the like of Otokoto on the prowl everywhere especially as the south south we deny them oil in the landlocked colony just like Botswana

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
AroOkigbo:
OP just finished writing WAEC

12 years ago kid

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
ajumma:
I disagree on this. Plenty millionaires , They will be like another South Sudan immediately getting the so called Utopia Biafra with the like of Otokoto on the prowl everywhere especially as the south south we deny them oil in the landlocked colony just like Botswana

I support ss on this
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
AroOkigbo:
OP just finished writing WAEC.

If it's so, Buhari and his fellow head slammers would have gladly given them Biafra.

Its because Nigeria have invested in your region. Pay up and be let go.
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 4:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
BigSarah:
Lol anti-biafra narrative...
No worth responding since currently no body is agitating for Biafra..
Me I don't know what IPOB is agitating for
Just an opinion piece and analysis
Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by tommy589(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2021
If there is equality for everyone I don't see how Biafra will fail. A nation needs a peaceful environment to grow. If neighbouring nations closed their borders against Biafrans it won't stop them overcoming initial difficulties,so far they have a leader that leads by example

7 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by noleflendum: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2021
We will give then Ghana's treatment
I can't imagine the tax they will have to pay

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by gidgiddy: 5:07pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aderewah:
For millenia, the mainstay of igbos is trade. They are good at buying at selling. Especially from China and other countries. Buying is not important. Anyone can buy. The important thing here is selling.

Igbos have enjoyed selling to yorubas and northerners for decades. Why? Yorubas are a very well rounded people. They are not into just one thing. Law, music, business, medicine, academia, transport, tech etc etc. This means Yorubas delegate the trading to the igbos, but when biafra comes and igbo lose right to sell to 65 million yoruba buyers, yoruba entrepreneurs will fill those spots igbos will leave open.

For hausas, they are also good with trading. After biafra I'm sure northerners will not even want to see igbos at all as they'll declare full sharia immediately.

What then do we have? 45 million igbos in their land locked region with no customers. They won't buy from each other as much because they have trading mentality. They can sell goods, not good at buying. SW and North will pass strong indigenous laws to shut out non citizens like China.

SW and North will be safe because igbos are not the main consumers of our products in the first place. But igbos will lose 150m customers and if they want to jump the rest of Nigeria, logistics will not be funny.

Have you ever heard of international trade? Thats when people sell goods and services to people in other countries. So why do you think that if Biafra comes, Igbos will lose the right to sell to Nigerians? If people only sold goods and services to the country they belong, there would be no international trade.

Its even when Biafra comes that Igbos will do the largest amount of trading, the world is a much bigger place than just Nigeria

17 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by mrvitalis(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aderewah:

Its always been the richest region. Awolowo policies too.
That was why of 8000 business registered in Nigeria then 5000 plus was in the eastern region ...we hear u

Igbos are selling everywhere oga

3 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by spice123(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aderewah:

Well-done op for the shallow minded review. Thank you for applauding the Igbos for selling rather than buying. Have you forgotten that what is actually ruling the world now is Service (selling a product). Take a look at what happened with MTN holding millions of subscribers at ransom or lest I forget Mark Zukerberg who held billions of users communication hostage. Op you also forget that an average Igbo man is not afraid of adventure. Tell me how many Yorubas are in the East living and trading or even in the north living and trading?
What happened in Singapore will happen in Biafra.

5 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by techWriter3: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
HeheheTell us why your own country is now richest for getting in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by History555: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aderewah:

What load of rubbish from short sighted people
So if all lgbos will be traders in biafra,

who will be working in banks, insurance, stockbroking, auditing etc. I guess it would be yorubas

Who will be involved in shipping, transportation, logistics etc.....yorubas abi.

Who will be teachers, lawyers, engineers etc. Yorubas once again

Who will be working in radio and tv stations, telecommunications, supermarkets, hotels, recreational establishments etc.... yorubas

Who will be in army, navy, police, minstries etc.... yorubas

Who will be engaged in agriculture, construction, shipping, customs and immigration..... i guess yorubas

It's better to be silent and be thought of as wise than open your mouth and remove all doubts that you are a fool

7 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 5:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
gidgiddy:

Have you ever heard of international trade? Thats when people sell goods and services to people in other countries. So why do you think that if Biafra comes, Igbos will lose the right to sell to Nigerians? If people only sold goods and services to the country they belong, there would be no international trade.

Its even when Biafra comes that Igbos will do the largest amount of trading, the world is a much bigger place than just Nigeria

Many countries have indigenous laws to protect from foreign businesses

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Aderewah: 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
History555:

who will be working in banks, insurance, stockbroking, auditing etc. I guess it would be yorubas

Who will be involved in shipping, transportation, logistics etc.....yorubas abi.

Who will be working in radio and tv stations, telecommunications, supermarkets, hotels, recreational establishments etc.... yorubas

Who will be engaged in agriculture, construction, shipping, customs and immigration..... i guess yorubas

It's better to be silent and be thought of as wise than open your mouth and remove all doubts that you are a fool

We all know ibos are inferior to yorubas in all these fields.

2 Likes

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Buckeyemedia1: 5:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
tommy589:
If there is equality for everyone I don't see how Biafra will fail. A nation needs a peaceful environment to grow. If neighbouring nations closed their borders against Biafrans it won't stop them overcoming initial difficulties,so far they have a leader that leads by example
A popular saying in Igbo is "Igbo enwe eze", which translates to "the Igbo have no king." The thought of Biafra is a farce.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Uchek(m): 5:40pm On Oct 11, 2021

What is the thrust of your asinine post? If Ndigbo is inferior to Yoruba why did you join the North to abort Igbo secession from Nigeria?
Why didn't you allow Igbos to stay in their Biafra. You suffer from inferiority complex

Aderewah:

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Buckeyemedia1: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
History555:

Who will be involved in shipping, transportation, logistics etc
.....yorubas abi.

The is the problem, you have none of those industries, all those things you mentioned belong to The Federal Republic of Nigeria, Biafra will have no banks, stock exchange, airports, ports, telecommunications everything you mentioned belongs to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Idiko1: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
Aderewah:

What an idiotic dribble. Yet Igbo is the first African to sit in world court at Hague. Igbo is the first African to be president of world court. Igbo is first African secretary-general of commonwealth of nations. Igbo is the African to head WTO. Igbo produced the first African professor of mathematics. Igbo was first Nigerian to open law office in Nigeria. Igbo is the first African to produce vaccine. Igbo is first Nigerian to manufacture vehicle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by Buckeyemedia1: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Idiko1:

What an idiotic dribble. Yet Igbo is the first African to sit in world court at Hague. Igbo is the first African to be president of world court. Igbo is first African secretary-general of commonwealth of nations. Igbo is the African head WTO. Igbo produced the first African professor of mathematics. Igbo was first Nigerian to open law office in Nigeria. Igbo is the first African to produce vaccine. Igbo is first Nigerian to manufacture vehicle.
It says Nigerian?.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Onyeama
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taslim_Olawale_Elias

1 Like

Re: Why Biafra Will Be A Poor Country by LILTJAY1: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2021
I am tired of biafra threads

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pics: Do Girls Really Do This? / Why Do We Have Foreigners Campagning To Be Nigerian President And Vp / Yoruba Movie Stars Set To Stage Play For Peter Obi To Create Awareness Southwest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.