Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others (1795 Views)

Different Varieties Of Noodles Prepared By Me. / Picture Story Of Bush Meat Prepared By Me. / New Year Soup Prepared By Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
I find it difficult eating food prepared by others unless I know the person very well (lived together for years). I don’t even eat whenever I visit extended family members and friends and this has led to unnecessary problems, the smell alone from other people food is enough to put me off.

Funny thing is I don’t know how to cook and I don’t have a problem eating out at restaurants.

Is this normal?
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by lilvicky68(m): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's normal.

No be from me you go hear say e no normal..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by illicit(m): 7:17pm On Oct 11, 2021
I don't like to eat from pregnant women or nursing women especially if we are not related

I have been like that for a long time

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by mariahAngel(f): 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2021
pjosh1:
I find it difficult eating food prepared by others unless I know the person very well (lived together for years). I don’t even eat whenever I visit extended family members and friends and this has led to unnecessary problems, the smell alone from other people food is enough to put me off.

Funny thing is I don’t know how to cook and I don’t have a problem eating out at restaurants.

Is this normal?

So, how do you cope?

lilvicky68:
It's normal.

cheesy
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

So, how do you cope?

cheesy
Most times I go out to eat in restaurants
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by mariahAngel(f): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
pjosh1:

Learn how to make simple meals for yourself and your peace of mind.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pocohantas(f): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2021
pjosh1:

Is this normal?

It is normal. Happens to people who you are good cooks, or accustomed to a home cooked meal. Maybe that of their mum, wife or side chick. wink They tend to be critical and wary of other home cooked meals.

I don’t eat in people’s houses too, but if I have to, I prefer to eat swallow and any soup than to eat rice and stew. Rice and stew is one food that I can’t manage. The fact that I have to use their spoon doesn’t sit well with me either.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by harmargedon: 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2021
Not normal.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by harmargedon: 9:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
pocohantas:

It is normal. Happens to people who you are good cooks, or accustomed to a home cooked meal. Maybe that of their mum, wife or side chick. wink They tend to be critical and wary of other home cooked meals.

I don’t eat in people’s houses too, but if I have to, I prefer to eat swallow and any soup than to eat rice and stew. Rice and stew is one food that I can’t manage. The fact that I have to use their spoon doesn’t sit well with me either.
the OP can't cook, that's like bobrisky trying to get pregnant.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by folake4u(f): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2021
It's normal.

My father doesn't eat any meal prepared outside except that of his wife and us, his children.

If someone offers him food outside, he'd rather tell them to put it in a takeaway pack, and he'd give it out.

It also caused problems for me too. My friends have complained that I don't eat their food,well, that's because I was brought up that way.

But dear Op, it's somehow if you can't cook yet you reject food from others. Maybe you should try learning the basics.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2021
folake4u:
It's normal.

My father doesn't eat any meal prepared outside except that of his wife and us, his children.

If someone offers him food outside, he'd rather tell them to put it in a takeaway pack, and he'd give it out.

It also caused problems for me too. My friends have complained that I don't eat their food,well, that's because I was brought up that way.

But dear Op, it's somehow if you can't cook yet you reject food from others. Maybe you should try learning the basics.

Thank God I’m not the only one who feels this way and I’m currently working on improving my cooking skills.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by folake4u(f): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2021
pjosh1:

Thank God I’m not the only one who feels this way and I’m currently working on improving my cooking skills.

Alright. Great to hear that.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Lorenzena(f): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
pjosh1:

Is this normal?

Same thing with me. I'm currently confused on what to do with the food a friend gave me since afternoon, I have tried to force myself to eat it but I can't. Aside from my immediate family, I cook what I eat and I don't eat in restaurant too. I love cooking and also give out food alot so this particular friend has eaten my food countless times but I always turn down food offer from her, I couldn't turn her down this afternoon so I had to collect and right now I still don't know what to do with it. I'm feeling so bad right.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
pjosh1:

Is this normal?
It is psychological and you know the reason why you have chosen to shackle yourself in that way. If you truly want to break from that mentality, you've got to be willing to dig deep and also be honest with yourself in order to overwrite that terrible way of living. undecided
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
lilvicky68:
It's normal.
There is nothing normal about it. undecided
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Kobojunkie: 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
pjosh1:

Wait a second.... so no be strangers cook wetin you dey go chop for restaurants? undecided
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Wait a second.... so no be strangers cook wetin you dey go chop for restaurants? undecided

I just feel comfortable eating from restaurants(only popular fast food chains)
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is psychological and you know the reason why you have chosen to shackle yourself in that way. If you truly want to break from that mentality, you've got to be willing to dig deep and also be honest with yourself in order to overwrite that terrible way of living. undecided

While growing up my mom owned a restaurant so most times just eat from there since she hardly cook for the family expect on Sundays, could that be the problem?
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Kobojunkie: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
pjosh1:

While growing up my mom owned a restaurant so most times just eat from there since she hardly cook for the family expect on Sundays, could that be the problem?
That shouldn't make anyone loathe other people's cooking, so no,that can't be the reason. undecided
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by lilvicky68(m): 12:10am On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is nothing normal about it. undecided
There are two things I can't do.
1) Drink Pap.
2)Argue with you .

Whatever you say I will accept. grin
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Magnoliaa(f): 12:20am On Oct 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Pastor Kobo speaking pidgin. What a marvellous thing in our sight, of the Lord. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by UndauntedYOCA(f): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
I had this problem for a long time because I was raised to not eat anyhow. I remember having visited a classmate of mine and requested for garri when she insisted I had to eat, I also never ate from buka's that were in and outside my secondary school. Going to the university made me change a bit as I could have classes back to back and wouldn't have time to go to my hall of residence which was even close to my faculty to eat so I would on certain times go to Tedder hall cafeteria (super close to my fac) to go grab something to eat alongside my friends.
I still don't eat anyhow o, I'm extremely selective where I eat from and it'll take time and having gotten to know you're neat to eat from your end.
I can be paranoid about environment where meals are cooked, utensils and water used in cooking the meals. Sometimes I dey sterilise dishware sef and if I can't, I rinse about 3 times myself. grin grin grin
I also had to adjust a bit when I went to serve in Benue state, sometimes I might be so hungry that I'd feel I might collapse if I don't have something to eat and knowing that I can't drink zobo and kunu anyhow, I'll go somewhere with my friend to eat.
I'm sure mine isn't as bad as yours sha, try to adjust but still be careful.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by LLSAINT(m): 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Same too
But mine na war
I select everything.
Friends, food, girls, boys, etc
Once it is not up to what I want, I sign out
But, with maturity overtime, I am beginning to tolerate what I even cannot imagine the ordinary me would but still not with food. I have not changed much

UndauntedYOCA:
I had this problem for a long time because I was raised to not eat anyhow. I remember having visited a classmate of mine and requested for garri when she insisted I had to eat, I also never ate from buka's that were in and outside my secondary school. Going to the university made me change a bit as I could have classes back to back and wouldn't have time to go to my hall of residence which was even close to my faculty to eat so I would on certain times go to Tedder hall cafeteria (super close to my fac) to go grab something to eat alongside my friends.
I still don't eat anyhow o, I'm extremely selective where I eat from and it'll take time and having gotten to know you're neat to eat from your end.
I can be paranoid about environment where meals are cooked, utensils and water used in cooking the meals. Sometimes I dey sterilise dishware sef and if I can't, I rinse about 3 times myself. grin grin grin
I also had to adjust a bit when I went to serve in Benue state, sometimes I might be so hungry that I'd feel I might collapse if I don't have something to eat and knowing that I can't drink zobo and kunu anyhow, I'll go somewhere with my friend to eat.
I'm sure mine isn't as bad as yours sha, try to adjust but still be careful.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by UndauntedYOCA(f): 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
LLSAINT:
Same too
But mine na war
I select everything.
Friends, food, girls, boys, etc
Once it is not up to what I want, I sign out
But, with maturity overtime, I am beginning to tolerate what I even cannot imagine the ordinary me would but still not with food. I have not changed much

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Rotfl right now. grin grin grin I'm intentional as well and tend to avoid disrespectful and certain types of people. I honestly think you should learn to cook some meals, you can't keep eating out. You do not even know the hygiene of the cooks/chefs/cleaners in these restaurants you frequent.
Rice
Beans
Fried eggs
Yam and some other stuff are quite easy. Knowing how to cook is a life-saving skill o.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by LLSAINT(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2021
I do cook my dear
Whether the food taste nice or not, it is up to my stomach to manage grin
But go out and eat, pretty hard for me kiss undecided
UndauntedYOCA:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy Rotfl right now. grin grin grin I'm intentional as well and tend to avoid disrespectful and certain types of people. I honestly think you should learn to cook some meals, you can't keep eating out. You do not even know the hygiene of the cooks/chefs/cleaners in these restaurants you frequent.
Rice
Beans
Fried eggs
Yam and some other stuff are quite easy. Knowing how to cook is a life-saving skill o.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by adecz: 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2021
shocked shocked shocked

⏩ ⏩Very abnormal... ❎❎❎

... Maybe in your last life, it was a
close acquaintance who killed ☠️☠️you by
food poisoning,

that is why you are allergic to foods
cooked by people you know, butyou have no problems eating foods cooked in a neutral setting like restaurants..

You nor try at all..

Go for deliverance.☹️☹️☹️☹️
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2021
So the one you eat at restaurants is cooked by spirits and not people since you don't eat food cooked by other people?
See how you're contradicting yourself?
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by pjosh1(m): 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2021
Mercychen:
So the one you eat at restaurants is cooked by spirits and not people since you don't eat food cooked by other people?
See how you're contradicting yourself?

How am I contradicting myself? It’s not like I’m arguing with you or trying to convince you, all I asked was if it’s normal.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 14, 2021
pjosh1:

How am I contradicting myself? It’s not like I’m arguing with you or trying to convince you, all I asked was if it’s normal.

No one says you're arguing. What I mean is... You said you don't eat food cooked by other people" ( meanwhile, you don't cook your food yourself) at the same time, you stated you eat out at restaurants. Is it not other people that make the food you eat at the restaurant?

Well, I think it's the statement that is not normal.
Re: I Can’t Eat Meals Prepared By Others by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
LLSAINT:
I do cook my dear
Whether the food taste nice or not, it is up to my stomach to manage grin
But go out and eat, pretty hard for me kiss undecided
Lol, food dey sweet for mouth of person wey no too Sabi cook. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Good A Cook Are You / Have You Ever Eaten An Expired Product? / See What Two Nigerian Men Found Inside A Pack Of 5 Alive Juice They Bought(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.