Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,793 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value (16392 Views)

Homecoming: BBNaija's Nini Arrives Edo In Style (Video) / Alex Vs Ini Edo In The N83k Balmain White Tshirt, Who Wore It Better? / Ini Edo In New Lovely Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Niece: 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nollywood actress, Ini Edo has taken to her social media platform to commemorate International Day of the Girl Child today, October 11, WonderTV Media reports.

Ini Edo lamented in her writeup that the girl children are not celebrated and valued in Africa. She added that there’s no gender equality in the continent.

The 39-year-old opined that society can move forward to becoming a better place when the girl child is being recognised, allowed to represent and speak up for her people.

In her words;

“On this 11th day, 9 years ago, the united nation realize it was necessary recognizing the girl child.
It has been of great honor for the girl child to have a day to be marked and celebrated, but so far, have they really been celebrated and valued in Africa? Another question to be asked.

Religiously, we understand that all men are equal but in Africa, women aren’t anywhere close to being equal.
The girl child is the mother of all children, but in Africa, the girl child has no place and value.

We can only move forward by carrying the girl child along. Our society can only be a better place when the girl child can stand, represent and speak up for her people.

Today I celebrate with all the girl child, it is our day, it is our time
Never relent in your pursuit in all that you do
We are getting there, and we will be there God willing.

Happy Girl Child Day.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU5QFqZoy1K/

lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by richmond500: 10:22pm On Oct 11, 2021
All these yeye blackmail won't work INI Edo.

Las las, Angel go still first whitemoney buy Range Rover, so who is then undervalued?

245 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
Yes and women are treated like diamonds in the middle east

Historically africans have treated women better, the problem is we love white man culture too much unaware that there is lot of bias hidden there.

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2021
I cried while reading this lol.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by richmond500: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Abeg make i hear word, U folks that is cashing out from the dividends of what ur private part could offer, I was denied a job twice cos of my gender
If it was easy, Bobrisky for no run.
In ur next life, try to be a man.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by BlowYourMind: 10:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
When you make yourself a commodity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by BlowYourMind: 10:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
you cried? the same you that was roasted on one thread like that, that was exchanging sex with money, what value do you want when you are like a commodity that is available to highest bidder, you think the hole between the laps can be used as business ventures, so what value do yo want when you devalued yourself

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by wakaman: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2021
Na lie.
Na for Igbo land dem dey treat girls like common commodity.

3 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by NobleAngell(f): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Nobody can undervalue you without your consent. Let's stop playing the victim here and go out there to take the world (not through sex or nudity tho).

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
I don't know why this pretty lady is yet to settle with a boyfriend.Hi bae,I am available.Call me let's hook up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
NobleAngell:
Nobody can undervalue you without your consent. Let's stop playing the victim cars and go out there to take the world (not through sex or nudity tho)

You have a point up there but, I'm afraid some female folks will not agree with you

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
wakaman:
Na lie.
Na for Igbo land dem dey treat girls like common commodity.
Honestly, you're not in good terms with common sense

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by OBALOLA55(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2021
THATS WHY SHE’S STILL SINGLE AT 39

MAMA AGBALAGBI angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by OBALOLA55(m): 11:52pm On Oct 11, 2021
Iyaebe:
JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THAT PHOTO, DID YOU CRY AFTER SEEING THIS PICTURE angry

36 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by OBALOLA55(m): 11:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
NobleAngell:
Nobody can undervalue you without your consent. Let's stop playing the victim cars and go out there to take the world (not through sex or nudity tho)

19 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by descarado: 12:07am On Oct 12, 2021
NobleAngell:
Tell them.
Hard working women abound all over Africa and are recognised. They have been making us proud. Start from your family to teach your little boys and girls equality. Start by teaching your daughters you don't grab it by being a baby mama. It favours 0.01% of ladies, not hoping to pass through the narrow gate by sexualising themselves and crying victims when it backfires.
Look at ini edo that has disfigured herself through plastic surgery to appear appealing to the male highest bidder talking about women marginalisation when ladies like her only portray women as sex objects.
If I hear

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by descarado: 12:08am On Oct 12, 2021
OBALOLA55:
JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THAT PHOTO, DID YOU CRY AFTER SEEING THIS PICTURE angry
Seems you want off on this.
Do you need tissue paper?
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 12, 2021
Be specific dear

In some tribe women dare not argue back to men
Women must drink bath water of their dead husband
Women must shave their hair after the death of their husband
Women can not inherit land of their father
Big men of 40 years impregnating 16 years old and calling it enjoyment

Pls nwane be specific, don't load goats with human beings.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by dasparrow: 12:42am On Oct 12, 2021
Shouldn't this be in the celebrities section? How is this "news" related to politics? I don't get it.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by pennywys(m): 3:17am On Oct 12, 2021
It seems Ini Edo lack good customers, she has been on late news of achievement compared to this recent added Nollywood female colleagues, like destiny Etiko
but this babe, Luchy Donald go bench all off them cos her this thing get one door.

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by superCleanworks(m): 4:03am On Oct 12, 2021
Na for your own house wey una no get value

2 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Karlovych: 4:06am On Oct 12, 2021
embarassed embarassed Müll
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by dettolgel: 4:51am On Oct 12, 2021
Ini Edo please speak for yourself. How would anyone value you when all you can contribute to the society is sex? grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Yellowtree: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2021
Maybe women should be treated the way they being treated in the middle east.

Africa is the place where women are given more love and chances than they expect

3 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Midas01: 5:49am On Oct 12, 2021
Are male kids forcefully married off at 9 years old or as teens without their consent like female children do thereby denying them an education and a say over their lives like we see happening in many parts of Africa on a daily basis?
richmond500:
All these yeye blackmail won't work INI Edo.

Las las, Angel go still first whitemoney buy Range Rover, so who is them undervalued?

6 Likes

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Midas01: 5:51am On Oct 12, 2021
So you had to use the worse case scenario from the worst part of the world to pass your point across.

Why not compare it to America,UK and the rest of Europe na or doesn't that fit your agenda?
LordVoldermort:
Yes and women are treated like diamonds in the middle east

Historically africans have treated women better, the problem is we love white man culture too much unaware that there is lot of bias hidden there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by obaaderemi: 5:56am On Oct 12, 2021
Many girls have value across Africa. I see a lot of brilliant educated girls and women around.
The story has changed for the better for girls in Africa.
Except maybe in places like northern Nigeria and also many girls who wittingly choose to take away their own value.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boobs Selfie:photos Of Hot Sexy Naija University Girls That Put There B00bs Out / Angel Awoterigha Gets Acting Role, To Feature On Tinsel, Africa Magic -photos / Court Adjourns Ruling On 2face's Lawsuit Against Blackface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.