Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value (16399 Views)

Homecoming: BBNaija's Nini Arrives Edo In Style (Video) / Alex Vs Ini Edo In The N83k Balmain White Tshirt, Who Wore It Better? / Ini Edo In New Lovely Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by larryking540: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2021
joyandfaith:

Not enough but it is getting better.
equality right?
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Dalby(m): 9:02am On Oct 12, 2021
She is just spewing rubbish. It is this same Africa that you became who and what you are from being a girl child...
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by angelfallz(m): 9:04am On Oct 12, 2021
Please, which Nigerian laws allows for forced marriage, not to even talk of marriage at 10?

As far as I know no Nigerian law allows for forced marriage. If you know any community where girls are being forced into marriage then report to the appropriate authorities.
Next FGM(female genital mutilation) that is more of a custom issue with a lot of ignorance, rather than an outright maltreatment of women and girls. Again I don't know of any Nigerian law backing FGM.

Lol. So in developing countries women and children are not protected by our institutions?(I really don't want to go into the bias and gynocentric nature of the institutions in the so called developed countries that are supposedly "protecting" women) The fact is, in Nigeria, nobody is generally protected by any institution. It is not a women's issue only, it also involves the men.
In fact, men and boys have a higher chance of incarceration without evidence or due process in Nigeria( you still remember #ENDSARS) where is the protection?

Please, stop your victimhood mentality it will not take you anywhere.

In this same society that you claim maltreat women and girls, women and girls are making it.
Where there is maltreatment of women and girls it is not a state or society sponsored maltreatment, rather it is an individual maltreatment. It could be that the father does not like girls and women, it could be the husband hates women and girls.

joyandfaith:

Forced marriage at 10.
Female genital mutilation

One way, women and children are generally protected by their institutions.
No forced marriage, no female genital mutilation, equal opportunities in employment

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Walkee: 9:04am On Oct 12, 2021
joyandfaith:

Forced marriage at 10.
Female genital mutilation

One way, women and children are generally protected by their institutions.
No forced marriage, no female genital mutilation, equal opportunities in employment
when it happens to men, it's circumcision but when it happens to women it's genital mutilation cheesy una too funny. I personally think you females should be completely ignored
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Benrosaria(m): 9:06am On Oct 12, 2021
Niece:
Nollywood actress, Ini Edo has taken to her social media platform to commemorate International Day of the Girl Child today, October 11, WonderTV Media reports.

Ini Edo lamented in her writeup that the girl children are not celebrated and valued in Africa. She added that there’s no gender equality in the continent.

The 39-year-old opined that society can move forward to becoming a better place when the girl child is being recognised, allowed to represent and speak up for her people.

In her words;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU5QFqZoy1K/

lalasticlala

Truly it is painful to know a girl child has no value, but still they are the ones who agree with the boy child that suffering is normal. The reason a boy child never wants to value life only what makes life easy which is money. Money replaced the value for a girl child
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by joyandfaith: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2021
angelfallz:
Please, which Nigerian laws allows for forced marriage, not to even talk of marriage at 10?

As far as I know no Nigerian law allows for forced marriage. If you know any community where girls are being forced into marriage then report to the appropriate authorities.
Next FGM(female genital mutilation) that is more of a custom issue with a lot of ignorance, rather than an outright maltreatment of women and girls. Again I don't know of any Nigerian law backing FGM.

Lol. So in developing countries women and children are not protected by our institutions?(I really don't want to go into the bias and gynocentric nature of the institutions in the so called developed countries that are supposedly "protecting" women) The fact is, in Nigeria, nobody is generally protected by any institution. It is not a women's issue only, it also involves the men.
In fact, men and boys have a higher chance of incarceration without evidence or due process in Nigeria( you still remember #ENDSARS) where is the protection?

Please, stop your victimhood mentality it will not take you anywhere.

In this same society that you claim maltreat women and girls, women and girls are making it.
Where there is maltreatment of women and girls it is not a state or society sponsored maltreatment, rather it is an individual maltreatment. It could be that the father does not like girls and women, it could be the husband hates women and girls.

I am a man for your information. I have a girl child. I am observing our society keenly. I know what i am saying. I understand your thinking. Our society determines our we think and act. Social reconstruction is required to break free.

Shalom.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Midas01:
Are male kids forcefully married off at 9 years old or as teens without their consent like female children do thereby denying them an education and a say over their lives like we see happening in many parts of Africa on a daily basis?
See this guy talking about worst case scenario in his next comment, when he did exactly the same thing here grin grin
Be deceiving yourself.

In that case, those 7 years old boys that spend several days in manholes and quarries in the illegal mines of Uganda and Zimbabwe are the norm of the boy child in the society isn't it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by joyandfaith: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2021
Walkee:
when it happens to men, it's circumcision but when it happens to women it's genital mutilation cheesy una too funny. I personally think you females should be completely ignored

I am a man for your information. I have a girl child. I am observing our society keenly. I know what i am saying. I understand your thinking. Our society determines our we think and act. Social reconstruction is required to break free.

Shalom.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by vickydevoka(m): 9:17am On Oct 12, 2021
richmond500:
All these yeye blackmail won't work INI Edo.

Las las, Angel go still first whitemoney buy Range Rover, so who is then undervalued?
Na only to Bleep politicians Dem sabi

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by vickydevoka(m): 9:18am On Oct 12, 2021
richmond500:

Abeg make i hear word, U folks that is cashing out from the dividends of what ur private part could offer, I was denied a job twice cos of my gender
If it was easy, Bobrisky for no run.
In ur next life, try to be a man.
U talk well. Use bleaching cream n pancake face de get work couple with fake nyash. Make she try turn man see as en bi
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by vickydevoka(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Honestly, you're not in good terms with common sense
Ask her okonji, Dora n Stella odua na from where
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by vickydevoka(m): 9:20am On Oct 12, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Honestly, you're not in good terms with common sense
Ask her okonji, Dora n Stella odua na from where.
Tell am say Anambra Don produce more female senators than de entire brown roof

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by vickydevoka(m): 9:22am On Oct 12, 2021
pennywys:
It seems Ini Edo lack good customers, she has been on late news of achievement compared to this recent added Nollywood female colleagues, like destiny Etiko
but this babe, Luchy Donald go bench all off them cos her this thing get one door.
Ashawo no be work. En no de last for ever. They young shall grow, to take overe their work

1 Like

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by torqque7(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2021
Shut up ur mouth there abi u want make ogun kill u?u just want to trend cos u are now so irrelevant,is it still not the same africa that ur colleagues in the movie industry who are ur gender are busy buying houses and big cars up and down while their male counterparts are suffering and giving people bread of 10k on the streets?same africa where ur gender get everything easily because she has a hole in between her legs?same africa that ur gender can easily slap and accuse the male gender of wrong doings and the society will bury the poor guy without even investigation? undecided undecidedto slap this ini edo girl de hungry me
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 12, 2021
seyz91:
mind you, i'm not this party person, not for either apc or pdp shits cuz i know all of them na scam and na same thief fron one part go decamp to another party..just like same drink or content but different bottle

so my point earlier not about party its just about the story we heard then that circulated

i'm not even a politics person as i dont believe or trust any of them

they are all thieves
That’s right bro
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Kog45(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2021
Dora Akunyili,Ngozi Iweala,Chinmada Adichie,Joke Silva,Taiwo Ajai Lycett,Onyeka Onwenu,Prof Alele Williams,Folorunsho Alakija,Bola Shagaya all have value cos their parents see that value in them and they are all great today and those that are late are being recognized

Ini Edo and the likes are bad example to our girl child so she should stop complaining...
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by deepdeep(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2021
Na you open your mouth talk say you no get value...you con dey expect me to give you the value wey you don finalize say you no get

No be juju be dat tongue
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Adakintroy: 9:29am On Oct 12, 2021
You never see okonjo iweala joining this kind of outdated activism. it's for psuedo moralist..people who have not done much for their immediate community but are trying to look appealing or enlighten on broad range social issue.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by angelfallz(m): 9:36am On Oct 12, 2021
Oh! sorry for mistaking you as a woman.

joyandfaith:

Shalom.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Emmanuelcann: 9:42am On Oct 12, 2021
In Africa, no child has value!!!
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Zainabthegirl1(f): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by BlowYourMind: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2021
dhiqson:
cry

Share the thread bro
Remember ijn embarassed
Amen in Jesus name, I don remember, people was just insulting the girl left and right https://www.nairaland.com/6795859/kalu-ikeagwu-wife-ijeomas-marriage

Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Jacksparrow7(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2021
You are a human being face your destiny, see Okonji Iweala, don't you want to be like her.
And you are a woman too
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 12, 2021
Not true, there are many girl child in Africa who are doing well, some have become presidents like Sir leaf, some were ministers of finance like okonjo and kemi, some were ministers of petroleum.
Hoes cant speak for our girls.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Laeroy(f): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2021
LordVoldermort:
Yes and women are treated like diamonds in the middle east

Historically africans have treated women better, the problem is we love white man culture too much unaware that there is lot of bias hidden there.
In what way has African treated the female child well, is it the proclamation in so many tribes and culture that a woman is not entitled to her father's wealth because she's married or even biblically that a woman is not allowed to speak on the altar and so much more.....
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 12, 2021
Jacksparrow7:
You are a human being face your destiny, see Okonji Iweala, don't you want to be like her.
And you are a woman too

Don't mind her , she think say every woman wet succeed in life sell toto like herself.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2021
That's because they are bent on seeing each other suffer. I don't need to tell stories.

African, Arab and Indian women are suffering from inferiority complex and hate. That's how they pass the sh1ty gene to their sons and daughters.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 12, 2021
Midas01:
So you had to use the worse case scenario from the worst part of the world to pass your point across.

Why not compare it to America, the UK, and the rest of Europe na or doesn't that fit your agenda?
I viewed this late now simple question if white men treat women better than Africans, how come feminism originated in Europe and not Africa where it is more needed'...One of the main reasons why the Romans hated the Egyptians was because of their culture, in Egypt, a woman could own lands and divorce her husband something that seriously terrified Roman men
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 12, 2021
Laeroy:

In what way has African treated the female child well, is it the proclamation in so many tribes and culture that a woman is not entitled to her father's wealth because she's married or even biblically that a woman is not allowed to speak on the altar and so much more.....
Who gave us the bible? The same white men your praising
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by offiahvictor(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
NobleAngell:
Nobody can undervalue you without your consent. Let's stop playing the victim here and go out there to take the world (not through sex or nudity tho).
Good one dear. pretenders can go to hell.
Re: Ini Edo: In Africa, The Girl Child Has No Place And Value by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
Madam the girl child have enough place and value in the african society. There are thousands of african women who have risen above this stigma and written their names on the sand of time. So speak for yourself all women are not thesame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Law And Wife, Stacey Aletile Celebrate 7th Wedding Anniversary Today / Leah Sharibu: Video Of Onyeka Onwenu Calling For #BringBackOurLeah / 14 Hottest Actresses In Nollywood Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.