Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? (538 Views)

What Makes Codeigniter A Futuristic Framework For Web App Development? / Why Is Codeigniter Recommended Over Other PHP Frameworks? / JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by codeigniterindia: 7:47am On Oct 12, 2021
It is a complete package of tools, components, and other essential libraries. In addition to MVC architecture, it has strong community support. The unbeatable performance delivered ensures the CodeIgniter web development runs better. High popularity, easy on-boarding, user-friendly interface, relational databases including MySQL are not the only elements it offers. It comes with a big pool of remarkable offerings.

Read more: https://codeigniterindia.com/blog/what-makes-codeigniter-more-productive/

Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by chinavs9ja(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2021
Laravel is better than Codeigneiter... because you choose to learn Codeigneiter doesn't make it to be the best.

Note: I am expert when it comes to both Laravel and Codeigneiter.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by Vicintonsh(m): 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
chinavs9ja:
Laravel is better than Codeigneiter... because you choose to learn Codeigneiter doesn't make it to be the best.

you can’t even compare, Laravel is way ahead even in terms of all the OP mentioned. Probably he found it easier to learn CI
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by stanliwise(m): 1:50pm On Oct 13, 2021
chinavs9ja:

op never said it was the best.
perhaps codeigniter is also cool too even if not anywhere close to laravel
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by chinavs9ja(m): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2021
stanliwise:

op never said it was the best.
perhaps codeigniter is also cool too even if not anywhere close to laravel
Well, he used the term "More Productive than any other framework" Any other framework includes Laravel and that is why I speak against that. Codeigneiter is another good framework but can't be compared with Laravel in anyway
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by Bigshoe2028: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2021
If u know what u want to build and how to write well optimized code and also secure ur code you will discover that frameworks are just their to help you build it fast only nothing like best or better I prefer to code with CI

Coz it gives more u freedom than laravel to write ur code but it comes at expense of u writing shitty codes if u don't know the standard practise
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by chinavs9ja(m): 5:03am On Oct 16, 2021
Bigshoe2028:
If u know what u want to build and how to write well optimized code and also secure ur code you will discover that frameworks are just their to help you build it fast only nothing like best or better I prefer to code with CI

Coz it gives more u freedom than laravel to write ur code but it comes at expense of u writing shitty codes if u don't know the standard practise

Bro if you have ever used Laravel once, you will ignore CI. I used both though but I will always prefer Laravel to CI. All I can say about CI is that it is easy to learn if you are good with your PHP OOP. But if you really want to enjoy coding using framework abeg Laravel is topnotch even in terms of your REST API.
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by Bigshoe2028: 11:00am On Oct 16, 2021
chinavs9ja:

Bro if you have ever used Laravel once, you will ignore CI. I used both though but I will always prefer Laravel to CI. All I can say about CI is that it is easy to learn if you are good with your PHP OOP. But if you really want to enjoy coding using framework abeg Laravel is topnotch even in terms of your REST API.

Read my post again
I have used both and am not saying that ci is better I said I prefer to use it coz it fits my style of programming I came from c background , most times I love to be at the root of my program , laravel won't allow u do that so I choose the one that will allow me do so

Frameworks helps u finish a project in time and both does it very well

Case closed
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by stanliwise(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
Bigshoe2028:

Read my post again
I have used both and am not saying that ci is better I said I prefer to use it coz it fits my style of programming I came from c background , most times I love to be at the root of my program , laravel won't allow u do that so I choose the one that will allow me do so

Frameworks helps u finish a project in time and both does it very well

Case closed
Then you’re not an advance coder in laravel then. Laravel brings more to the table and the difference is easily spotted by a beginner but for advanced coders it is super explosive.

Container, dependency injection, serviceProvider pattern is just some reasons you wanna stick with laravel.
You talk about coming from c background. you’ll like the amazing command line interface of laravel.

Yea you have used but how much ?
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by The5DME(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2021
stanliwise:

Then you’re not an advance coder in laravel then. Laravel brings more to the table and the difference is easily spotted by a beginner but for advanced coders it is super explosive.

Container, dependency injection, serviceProvider pattern is just some reasons you wanna stick with laravel.
You talk about coming from c background. you’ll like the amazing command line interface of laravel.

sent you a mail.
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by Bigshoe2028: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2021
stanliwise:

Don't make it seems am arguing with u , if u really understand my replies before I didn't say CI is better than laravel

I have used both and I prefer CI I felt it gives you more freedom to code as if u are still using vanilla php ,

Laraval is better than CI no double about that in fact when it comes to writing restful api laraval is way ahead of CI

But all I prefer CI , while laravel forces you to its rules to code , CI don't in fact you can allows you to follow ur own style of coding once u maintain the mvc rules which you can even break and you code can still works

As I mention earlier CI Allow you write a shitty code that works while laravel won't

Every frameworks has its own powers and weakness laravel is better than CI but not every on every aspect

Framework are there to help you save time , if u can write a less bug free code that can scale and in time then u don't need any framework

Those frameworks sits on php which means it by really knows php that well then u can actually enjoy those stuff without framework

What makes c so special is not about cli commands

In c there is no magic programming u have to know what u are doing to make a program work in c

Laravel or CI
Just know the base language u are writing with

Framework is their to help u save time this is 2021 arguments about frameworks is becoming stale

Use what works best for you
Thanks for understanding
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by stanliwise(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2021
Bigshoe2028:

Don't make it seems am arguing with u , if u really understand my replies before I didn't say CI is better than laravel

I have used both and I prefer CI I felt it gives you more freedom to code as if u are still using vanilla php ,

Laraval is better than CI no double about that in fact when it comes to writing restful api laraval is way ahead of CI

But all I prefer CI , while laravel forces you to its rules to code , CI don't in fact you can allows you to follow ur own style of coding once u maintain the mvc rules which you can even break and you code can still works

As I mention earlier CI Allow you write a shitty code that works while laravel won't

Every frameworks has its own powers and weakness laravel is better than CI but not every on every aspect

Framework are there to help you save time , if u can write a less bug free code that can scale and in time then u don't need any framework

Those frameworks sits on php which means it by really knows php that well then u can actually enjoy those stuff without framework

What makes c so special is not about cli commands

In c there is no magic programming u have to know what u are doing to make a program work in c

Laravel or CI
Just know the base language u are writing with

Framework is their to help u save time this is 2021 arguments about frameworks is becoming stale

Use what works best for you
Thanks for understanding

I wasn’t arguing. I was pointing out the fact that you claimed to have used laravel deeply.
Your point of CI allow you code with much freedom is valid though.
Re: What Makes Codeigniter More Productive Than Other PHP Frameworks? by Bigshoe2028: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
stanliwise:

I wasn’t arguing. I was pointing out the fact that you claimed to have used laravel deeply.
Your point of CI allow you code with much freedom is valid though.

Ok bro

(1) (Reply)

Best AI-powered Content Generating Software / C / Backend Developer Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.