Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana (19767 Views)

76-Year Old Grandfather Robert Busted With Drugs In Edo / Bandits’ Drug Suppliers Ejiofor, Mohammed Busted With 24kg Diazepam, Codeine / Suspected Lagos Robbers Kelechukwu, Godspower Busted With Stolen SUV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by KillIgbohoN0W: 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
The 42-year-old man who was busted with 656 ATM cards connected to nine banks operating in Ghana and Nigeria has been remanded again by an Accra Circuit Court.

Bachir Musa Aminou, who is facing two counts of electronic trafficking and stealing at the court, presided over by Ms. Evelyn Asamoah, was remanded to allow the banks involved to respond to the prosecution’s claim against the accused person as part of ongoing investigations.

The prosecutor, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Fuseini Yakubu, prayed the court to adjourn the case to give the banks more time to respond.

The accused person is expected to reappear on October 28, this year.

The facts, as presented by ASP Yakubu were that Aminou, who is a Nigerian, was arrested at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) for possessing 656 ATM cards in different names.

He said during interrogation, Aminou said the ATM cards were given to him by one Rabiu Suleman based in the Kano State, Nigeria, to be given to one Baffa Bawarije, a Nigerian based at the Daira Night City Hotel in Dubai.

On September 12, this year, Aminou was arrested while boarding an Ethiopian Airline en-route to Dubai.

“A search conducted on the accused disclosed 656 ATM cards bearing 656 different names issued by eight Nigerian banks and one Ghanaian bank,” he said.

Also found on the accused was $12,000.

ASP Yakubu told the court that investigations further disclosed that the accused person had first visited Ghana on April 29, 2021 through the Aflao border and left for Dubai on May 26, 2021.

He said the accused person’s second visit to Ghana was on August 20, 2021 and was arrested on the day of his departure to Dubai.

ASP Yakubu told the court that the case was still under investigations.

Source: Graphic

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Emmypure: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
I am rushing to this thread thinking it our oyel crew.
But was disappointed to find out it is aminou.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by MadamVanessa(f): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2021
So it's not only terrorism , banditry and raping underage and old vulnerable women that this uncircumcised idiots are into? They also add stealing of ATM cards to their CV.

No wonderr the holy book says "FEAR NORTH"

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Olarewaju89: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
undecided

I wonder why Northerners are involved in a serious crime this days.

Before, you hardly see north people in crime like this. undecided

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Curious345: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Scam, check well, he may even be working for Malami and osinbanjo..

Corruption has diffused into the very top cadre of this regime.

Nothing surprises me anymore

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by ConnectPhones(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Things de happen

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by tony0806: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
It's well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by marvelife: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Arewa
Oduduwa
Biafra

We are all imperfect.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Bachir Musa aminou..

So aboki dey do this format too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by saddler: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Harrykn: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Cloning job
If you're unlucky weeeeeeeeeee
G4Boys
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by abobote: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ghanaian police are very polite unlike their Nigerian counterpart. Last year, I was stopped at a police check point in Ghana around 3:00 am, while I was in bolt/Uber, the officer asked me to come down, I obeyed, he asked where I was going to, I told him , he asked for my nationality I told, he asked me to search my self and bring out everything in my pocket, I did, and I was having equivalent of 1M naira cash, but in CFA, he asked if I'm into Yahoo, I said no, he allowed me to go. Then I started wondering how it could have played out at that odd hour if it were to be Nigeria police

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by thundafire: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kai if I was the President I will kill all of them embarrassing the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by valema: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Orisirisi ishele lon shele

This is fucking crazy

Nawa oh
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by ivolt: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
He is likely one of the dollar racketeers and round-trippers.
Hijacking dollars that could have been used for better purpose.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Derring: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ncan over to you�
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Chai! Things dey occur ooo grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by MandGEnterprise: 4:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Patrioticman007(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmm from his name you will know that the suspect is claiming Nigeria "Bachir Musa Aminou. Names are usually Nigeriens or Chadians. Most of these offenders are Nigerians by crimes.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by Eriokanmi: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Naijaaaaa.
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by wallay77(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm...wetin him dey use am do...
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by chloride6: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Someone needs to go to court and establish the legal amount of ATM cards that can be found on your person, because I no understand.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by shedy03(m): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Must be a Fulani man, lolllll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by athaboi(f): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Nigeria itself is evil so the citizens are offshoot of what their country is
Re: Nigerian Man Busted With 656 ATM Cards Remanded Again In Ghana by AngelicBeing: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rapper Harteez Harassed By SARS In Lagos / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Two In Rivers / NDLEA Arrests Man Who Sells Illicit Drugs In Wheelchair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.