Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges (1135 Views)

Golden Dawn II: Izombe, Imo Burnt Down By Soldiers & Ebube Agu (Pics, Video) / Izombe, Oguta In Imo Deserted As Soldiers Order Shoot At Sight, 3 Dead (Video) / A Youth & 2 Soldiers Killed In Izombe, Imo, 50 Houses Burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Oracle26(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Pledges To Reconstruct Damaged Houses

Vows To Ensure Peace, Protection For The Innocent

By Collins Ughalaa KSC

Governor Hope Uzodimma on Tuesday described the crisis that rocked Izombe Community in Oguta LGA on Friday, October 8, 2021, when soldiers in response to distress call from community members clashed with hoodlums, leading to the loss of one of the hoodlums and two soldiers, as bad and condemnable.

The Governor said this during a peace parley with critical stakeholders of the community, including traditional rulers, political leaders, women leaders, youth leaders and others, in Izombe, stressing there was need for peace.

He said: "Unfortunately this has happened. It is so sad. Your Royal Highness, I want to condole with you. We are here on a condolence visit, to identify with my brothers and sisters. What happened is very bad. It is condemnable. I must be with you because when I was struggling you were with me - when I was challenged you were with me, so if you are challenged, I will also be with you".

The Governor who took time to inspect the level of damage done in the community assured that the damaged properties would be reconstructed by the State Government.

"All those whose properties were destroyed, the Committee with some leaders will go round and take inventory - so that we can work out a way to help them reconstruct their homes and move back in.

"The Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission ( ISOPADEC) will bring relief materials to victims. The promise I am making to you is that I will not as your Governor allow Izombe people to suffer", said the Governor.

The Governor further said he was not in support of the crisis, adding: "I will never support anybody to kill anybody in Imo state. I will set up a committee that will come and assess the damages. Where the government will assist the owners, we will asist.

"I shed tears with what I have seen. A calamity has befallen Izombe. The wealth created by my brothers and sisters are burnt. Only God knows that I regard Izombe the same way I regard Omuma my place of birth. Hope Uzodimma is your brother. Please your anger should not boil over. I have told the army that the innocent must have peace. There must be peace in Izombe, there must be peace in Imo State - there must be peace in Nigeria.

"Let us all rise in honour of the soldiers and civilians who lost their lives over this crisis. Let us give them a minute of silence. May their souls through the mercy of God rest in peace".

The Governor also tasked the community leaders to rise up and speak up against those fomenting trouble in the communities

"I am pained. Izombe community has stood by me throughout my political career. If there is any community in Imo State where civilization should be resident, it is in Izombe community. Izombe is a community where we have so many wise men.

"Where are our leaders. Why are you keeping quiet. These youths are our brothers. I am not going to kill them. I will want them to repent and tell us why they have taken to crime. We are wasting time with too many quarrels. Let us come together.

"Look at the homes belonging to our kinsmen who suffered to make a living - now burnt. As if it is not enough, they are even afraid to come back home. Must we continue to live this way? Is it not time for us to change? We just have to change because what is bad is bad and what is not acceptable in a society is not acceptable.

"I want to plead with all of us to interrogate our consciences and drop those things that are not helping the society - that will not help our community, and embrace those things that will bring unity, peace and order in the community so that development can come.

"If we don't have the good environment here, there will be no development. We need prayers - we need the intervention of God", he said.

Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
The Government of Imo state, led by Gov. Hope Uzodinma don tell us say nah the youth of the community dey at fault... So why he dey come do eye service for there again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by PrinceOfLagos: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
I hope this man got no intention of contesting for a second term with all the atrocities he has committed against his people

The Igbos that I know will rather vote a "Stone" than vote this supreme court governor for a second term

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by amliftedhigher: 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oracle26:
Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Pledges To Reconstruct Damaged Houses

By Collins Ughalaa KSC

Governor Hope Uzodimma on Tuesday described the crisis that rocked Izombe Community in Oguta LGA on Friday, October 8, 2021, when soldiers in response to distress call from community members clashed with hoodlums, leading to the loss of one of the hoodlums and two soldiers, as bad and condemnable.

The Governor said this during a peace parley with critical stakeholders of the community, including traditional rulers, political leaders, women leaders, youth leaders and others, in Izombe, stressing there was need for peace.

He said: "Unfortunately this has happened. It is so sad. Your Royal Highness, I want to condole with you. We are here on a condolence visit, to identify with my brothers and sisters. What happened is very bad. It is condemnable. I must be with you because when I was struggling you were with me - when I was challenged you were with me, so if you are challenged, I will also be with you".

The Governor who took time to inspect the level of damage done in the community assured that the damaged properties would be reconstructed by the State Government.

"All those whose properties were destroyed, the Committee with some leaders will go round and take inventory - so that we can work out a way to help them reconstruct their homes and move back in.

"The Imo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission ( ISOPADEC) will bring relief materials to victims. The promise I am making to you is that I will not as your Governor allow Izombe people to suffer", said the Governor.

The Governor further said he was not in support of the crisis, adding: "I will never support anybody to kill anybody in Imo state. I will set up a committee that will come and assess the damages. Where the government will assist the owners, we will asist.

"I shed tears with what I have seen. A calamity has befallen Izombe. The wealth created by my brothers and sisters are burnt. Only God knows that I regard Izombe the same way I regard Omuma my place of birth. Hope Uzodimma is your brother. Please your anger should not boil over. I have told the army that the innocent must have peace. There must be peace in Izombe, there must be peace in Imo State - there must be peace in Nigeria.

"Let us all rise in honour of the soldiers and civilians who lost their lives over this crisis. Let us give them a minute of silence. May their souls through the mercy of God rest in peace".

The Governor also tasked the community leaders to rise up and speak up against those fomenting trouble in the communities

"I am pained. Izombe community has stood by me throughout my political career. If there is any community in Imo State where civilization should be resident, it is in Izombe community. Izombe is a community where we have so many wise men.

"Where are our leaders. Why are you keeping quiet. These youths are our brothers. I am not going to kill them. I will want them to repent and tell us why they have taken to crime. We are wasting time with too many quarrels. Let us come together.

"Look at the homes belonging to our kinsmen who suffered to make a living - now burnt. As if it is not enough, they are even afraid to come back home. Must we continue to live this way? Is it not time for us to change? We just have to change because what is bad is bad and what is not acceptable in a society is not acceptable.

"I want to plead with all of us to interrogate our consciences and drop those things that are not helping the society - that will not help our community, and embrace those things that will bring unity, peace and order in the community so that development can come.

"If we don't have the good environment here, there will be no development. We need prayers - we need the intervention of God", he said.
Useless man

1 Like

Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Racoon(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
After allowing the oppressors to maim and kill your own people? How many of your feudal masters have done this to their own even with the evil bandits cum BH terrorists have been perpetuating since antiquity
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Osobi32(m): 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I hope this man got no intention of contesting for a second term with all the atrocities he has committed against his people

The Igbos that I know will rather vote a "Stone" than vote this supreme court governor for a second term
You know as e dey go na grin
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by BKayy: 7:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
"They will kill us, we will kill them, at the end Biafra will be free" - MNK 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by kollinz1234(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Uzodinma, when the time comes, even Abuja won't save you.
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by NwaNimo1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Idiko1: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oracle26:

By Collins Ughalaa KSC

If you had shed tears as you woefully claimed, it was a crocodilian tears. No lover of his people will ever dream of inviting dumbass Fulani soldiers to kill his/her people as you did, dumb fool. The soldiers have no place in community policing. Ozodingba, you will ever regret being Fulani supreme court governor of Imo State.
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Onepeople: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
This man have brought so much agony to his people, this is not a man one can wish his enemy, i feel the people of imo state for they are passing through a lot under this evil administration, is very unfortunate after watching your own people killed and their properties destroyed, you now come to mourn with them.

In northern region boko haram is the major problem of the region, but down east the government and military are the one destroying properties.
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by SmartPolician: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
From 2019 through 2023, Imo State had no governor - thanks to people in Supreme Court who thwarted the will of the people. No lawyer/justice will make heaven - I am sure they already know that by now.
Re: Gov. Uzodimma Commiserates With Victims Of Izombe Violence, Makes Pledges by Simdyofficial(f): 9:41pm On Oct 12, 2021
This one no go win even councillorship election again

(1) (Reply)

Why The North Bleeds And The People Sleep - Farooq A. Kperogi / ‘obidient’ Movement Exists Only On Social Media, Ex-apc Spokesman Mocks Obi / Go after Ebubeagu members, IPOB ordered ESN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.