Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice (991 Views)

Buying My First Car / Buying My First Car, Please Share Your Experience / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
I want to buy my first car. Am not really vast in autos and cars and thier models. any advice on how to go about it will help. Your suggestion too will be kindly appreciated. Not forgetting how to know car history and engine specifications
Car in mind: corrolla (fuel economy and easy to maintain)
Budget: 1.9-2m (but can go up to 2.3)
Car condition: direct toks. Not salvaged or accidented
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Lavisha(f): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why Corolla?!
SMH
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Kokomo: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sanefellow:
I want to buy my first car. Am not really vast in autos and cars and thier models. any advice on how to go about it will help. Your suggestion too will be kindly appreciated. Not forgetting how to know car history and engine specifications

Though I am an Honda person, but for a first car, I will recommend corolla 03 to 07

1 Like

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why shaking your head
Lavisha:
Why Corolla?!

SMH
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
Kokomo:

Though I am an Honda person, but for a first car, I will recommend corolla 03 to 07
thank you
I like honda cars but concerned abt leg issues as i read

1 Like

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by CarGuideNG: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sanefellow:

The Corolla is not a bad choice, despite all the negative opinions you may see. There's a reason why it's one of the best selling passenger vehicles not just in Nigeria, but worldwide.

However, your stated budget may not be adequate for a 2003+ Tokunbo Toyota Corolla, prices have recently generally been on an upward trend.

Comparable alternatives are the 2006+ Civic (Underrated in our environment but highly capable, and would be closer but still slightly above your stated budget), and the Elantra.

Regarding the history, specs, etc, CarGuideNG provides comprehensive reports which include everything you would need to know about any vehicle to make a purchase decision or to arrange for further physical inspection.

https://www.carguide.ng

234-701-111-6171

Available via WhatsApp. Direct chat link on the website (under construction) , or in the signature below this post.

The best of luck.

6 Likes

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Grupo(m): 9:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Sanefellow:
thank you
I like honda cars but concerned abt leg issues as i read

Truth is 2.3m may not get you a good corolla. Unless you want to to buy the 1999 to 2002 model.

Consider buying a Honda civic. Your budget can afford it and it doesn't suffer that legendary Honda leg pull.

1 Like

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Dozieson(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
Grupo:

Truth is 2.3m may not get you a good corolla. Unless you want to to buy the 1999 to 2002 model.

Consider buying a Honda civic. Your budget can afford it and it doesn't suffer that legendary Honda leg pull.

Things are really bad oo ...if 2.3m cannot by 2004 corolla
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by demolagilbert: 9:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Dozieson:

serzly bro?? lol..E don tey no be today. To OP if you have your eyes set on the corolla, then as has been stated get more money for your desired car. However if you are looking for something far more recent and far more elegant, I have a 2010 Honda Civic listed on my profile. A little upping of your budget can seal the deal. Shalom!
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Grupo(m): 9:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
Dozieson:

Things are that bad bro.
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 2:03am On Oct 13, 2021
CarGuideNG:

The Corolla is not a bad choice, despite all the negative opinions you may see. There's a reason why it's one of the best selling passenger vehicles not just in Nigeria, but worldwide.

However, your stated budget may not be adequate for a 2003+ Tokunbo Toyota Corolla, prices have recently generally been on an upward trend.

Comparable alternatives are the 2006+ Civic (Underrated in our environment but highly capable, and would be closer but still slightly above your stated budget), and the Elantra.

Regarding the history, specs, etc, CarGuideNG provides comprehensive reports which include everything you would need to know about any vehicle to make a purchase decision or to arrange for further physical inspection.

https://www.carguide.ng

234-701-111-6171

Available via WhatsApp. Direct chat link on the website (under construction) , or in the signature below this post.

The best of luck.
thanks i will try as much as possible to remember all this

1 Like

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 2:05am On Oct 13, 2021
Grupo:

what of camry....or u still see honda as a better alternative

And at what price, can i get 03-07 corrolla?
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 2:07am On Oct 13, 2021
Dozieson:

seriously someone many yrs of labour just to buy a car
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 2:18am On Oct 13, 2021
demolagilbert:
serzly bro?? lol..E don tey no be today. To OP if you have your eyes set on the corolla, then as has been stated get more money for your desired car. However if you are looking for something far more recent and far more elegant, I have a 2010 Honda Civic listed on my profile. A little upping of your budget can seal the deal. Shalom!
ok i have seen both cars that is even ur pontiac like that just d price
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Grupo(m): 7:17am On Oct 13, 2021
Sanefellow:
what of camry....or u still see honda as a better alternative

And at what price, can i get 03-07 corrolla?

Yes. You can find camry for that price. But remember that Corolla is more fuel efficient than camry.

Also, you may consider Toyota matrix, which is just like corolla in a different body.

1 Like

Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by demolagilbert: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2021
Cheers!
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by computerglobal(m): 10:08am On Oct 13, 2021
Sanefellow:
. Not forgetting how to know car history and engine specifications

Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Charly68: 10:07pm On Oct 14, 2021
Go for Toyota avensus,many have not known how efficient the car is in fuel consumption.. I used the 1999 model and honestly I enjoy so well that I don't know why Nigerians are not buying the car like they go for corrola
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by 9icetoo(m): 6:57am On Oct 15, 2021
Sanefellow:
Your budget can't even get a non salvaged or accidented one not to talk of non accidented.
Unless of course duty wasn't paid.

You may need to up your budget or go for similar cars such as Honda civic or Toyota matrix, Pontiac vibe etc. These three have wonderful fuel economy and are all easy to maintain.
Re: About Buying My First Car, I Need Professional Advice by Sanefellow: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2021
9icetoo:

Your budget can't even get a non salvaged or accidented one not to talk of non accidented.
Unless of course duty wasn't paid.

You may need to up your budget or go for similar cars such as Honda civic or Toyota matrix, Pontiac vibe etc. These three have wonderful fuel economy and are all easy to maintain.
tnkx i will keep that in mind

(1) (Reply)

Between This Two Cars / Need help on my Nissan Maxima / Car Service Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.