Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now (41715 Views)

Pastor Funke Adejumo: A Man Can Get Sex From Any Idiot (videos) / Pastor Funke Adejumo: Full Time Housewife Is Full Time Suffering PLC Limited / Pastor Funke Adejumo And Husband Felix Remi Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Angel1696: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
If I dey inside her church and she made this kind statement I will just carry my Bible and leave. Obi Cubana made Money and updated Chief priest, and when the Burial of Late Obi 's Cubana Mom came it was Chief priest that turn the Burial to Carnival with 46 cows cos it's was Obi Cubana that help him to become somebody in Life. Pls don't listen to that woman cos that's how they destroy relationship/family especially their husbands families. If you get money try dey update your friends so that when time comes for Doings them go run am for you cos only you no fit run am. Make I go unsubscribe from that woman YouTube channel.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Redstone(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2021
micronut:
Nigerian Women Empowerment Advocate, and Clergywoman, Pastor Funke- Felix Adejumo of Agape Ministry, has dropped another teachings on moving with those who are better than you in a group or as friends, and leave those who you are better than.

She plainly said that if you are the richest among your friends, that relationship has expired or you should quit it and move on.

She gave the example of Joseph in prison who moved with rich prisoners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0ILqTTpCHw

This view has been recieving different reactions from Nigerians, where most condemned this. What's your take on this?

Source:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU9aup7gpJK/?utm_medium=copy_link

Just imagine, so tomorrow when you go broke and your friends get far more richer than you can ever imagine, what do you do? Try to reunite? Nananana!
They'll also dump you.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by halogate: 6:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
[b][/b]
Gfh1:
This woman is saying the real truth

We have been there I had to leave all my friends

Jealousy envy and hate
is certain and might lead to hazardous end
1. This is present in every human being. Even in ur "new" rich friends. Cain the farmer was jealous of Abel the hunter for only God knows why..
2. Ur old friends were never true friends..
3. Find loyal and true friends and u will have peace.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by mibrims: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
RapistOnBail:

I totally agree with her, even though I know that pastorship is a business venture.

Jealousy in the black race is so much that even your siblings will plan to kill you the moment they see signs of progress in you.

Anybody wey get money and still Dey hangout with him poverty friends should know say him days for this earth Don dey near END!

Gid bless you

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Whyte96(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
Think before you talk woman... it not your fault [b][/b]
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
nautybride:
The world has become something else, those so called friends can change to kill because of jealousy. I believe one should friend those who blend together with one another. If one is at the peak and the others are at the middle or below the ladder, it's a signal for quick downfall.

You can still be friends though with limits.
A guy I knew is dead now. His friends acquired all his properties with nothing for his little children because he told his friends the location and not his wife.
We knew because he was always talking about it and we never met his wife.
Everything you've said is all based on human wisdom.

It has nothing to do with the gospel. God created the whole world and all souls matter to him, rich and poor. The holy spirit can lead you to befriend a beggar today & you find out he is heir to an oil well tomorrow. Or not, and God just wants you to be an agent of love in dt person's life. if Ur spiritual U can discern friends dt are bad for you & those dt uplift you. I have heard wisdom from a 10yr old and a68yr old. What does riches have to do wt it. Proverbs even tells you to learn from an ant.

All these 'move wt rich people if you want to be rich' is motivational speaker territory. It is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's just a adulterated teaching of 'iron sharpeneth iron' and I assure you God didn't write dt as justification for you to look down on poor people.

Life is not all about riches. Nigerians and money worship.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by janetakan(f): 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
When would Nigerians realize that money isn't everything in life?

Smh for her!
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by nautybride: 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2021
Leaforever:

Everything you've said is all based on human wisdom.

It has nothing to do with the gospel. God created the whole world and all souls matter to him, rich and poor. The holy spirit can lead you to befriend a beggar today & you find out he is heir to an oil well tomorrow. Or not, and God just wants you to be an agent of love in dt person's life. if Ur spiritual U can discern friends dt are bad for you & those dt uplift you. I have heard wisdom from a 10yr old and a68yr old. What does riches have to do wt it. Proverbs even tells you to learn from an ant.

All these move wt rich people if you want to be rich is 'motivational speaker' territory. It is not the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's just a adulterated teaching of 'iron sharpeneth iron' and I assure you God didn't write it as justification for you to look down on poor people.

Life is not all about riches. Nigerians and money worship.

grin What will I use before, na human wisdom na. We are talking reality from what is happening around us.
God given friend linkage is different, we know.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by sureinfo: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
What is this one even saying So the richest man on earth no go get friends be that?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Oyetorlahh(f): 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Haryour12:
She no try this time

She no dey ever try.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by ofiko123(m): 8:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ynix:
This is how they destroy relationship

How sure are you about this??
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Phurah: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2021
Her doctrines are not of Christ, but of this world. Her person passes her message. You may call it a church, but heaven knows her as an anti Christ, because she's preparing men for hell
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ayion: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2021
If this be the case, then the person you are trying to become friends with because he is better than you will also avoid you
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ayion: 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Leaforever:
Some of these guys have conflated the gospel of Jesus Christ with motivational speaking.
What is the spirit of God's business with having rich friends or poor friends? Gosh!
These people don’t read the Bible.
Most of Jesus friends are the poor, the sinners, the rejected, the tormented etc. Did he move on and leave them cuz he is better than them? NO
All these money worshipers be deceiving the people
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ayion: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Brandonx:
She’s right.
I’ve realized when you are the only rich one amongst your friends they tend to run to you whenever they have a little challenge that could have been sorted out easily and when you turn them down hatred is born.
Why will you turn them down when God has blessed you among them? Or did you think it’s just because of you alone God blessed you?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Cousin9999: 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
How many poor people do these characters feed? How many schools and hospitals do they open?
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by monsterseed: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Which kind talk be this, so as Elon don pass Jeff now, na how to put Elon down na him dey find abi. Its only a friend wey dey idles this dey for.
oshaosha2014:
Only if they want you down and you are sure about, and it is on rare occasions this happens.

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by monsterseed: 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Oya make she shalaye...
xeju:

Tell us her point then

1 Like

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Ynix(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
ofiko123:

How sure are you about this??
Every time a very influential person makes a comment people take it as doctrine, meanwhile this idea of hers is not encouraged by scriptures and is out of tangent with the doctrines of Christ.
Scriptures says let he that is high think not highly of himself.
You may belong to a class now but a time may come that it is those you feel that you are no more in their league that will be your truest friend and life support when one is old and class doesn't matter again.
I am a very classic person but I don't believe in class and segmentation because they are human created.
For example, myself I am close to very old people from childhood far older than my parents, despite that I don't say I don't have anything to do with my mates., Every class has its relevance just play it good all across.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by RapistOnBail: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
mibrims:

Gid bless you
You too kiss
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
WesternOligarch:
People would take this statement and twist it. It's obvious she's trying to say don't surround yourself with mediocrity. Move with people that will challenge you and not make you a local champion. It's either you're both equals or the person is above you.

You're actually the one who is twisting her words.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by temielects(m): 11:53pm On Oct 13, 2021
hmm..end time indeed,even Jesus sat with the poor
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by dk58(m): 3:22am On Oct 14, 2021
smiley Listen, read, smile and think it through...Be careful about fake preachers, social media influence, and who you choose as friends.
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Teymanhenry(f): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2021
This clearly shows she's just a business woman with enough courage to stand before men and lie about the word of God... What happened to helping friend's in need? Jesus was friends with harlots and drunkards. He became third friends so he could help them change from such paths
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by scait(m): 7:53am On Oct 14, 2021
osuofia2:
SMH. PENTECOSTALISM HAS FINISHED NIGERIAN CHRISTIANITY. HEARING THIS KIND OF MESSAGE FROM CATHOLIC ARE RARE. EVEN ME AS A MUSLIM FAITHFUL I CONDEMN THIS.
MUCH RESPECT TO THE CATHOLIC FAITHFUL. JUST IMAGINE THAT EVERYONE LEAVES ALL THE PEOPLE YOU ARE DOING BETTER THAN. WHERE IS THE LOVE?

If we leave those we are better than.. it means we all will all be alone. "Those who you join will definitely leave you too"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Hassanmaye(m): 8:23am On Oct 14, 2021
shashaperry:
Pastorpreneurs everywhere
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Hassanmaye(m): 8:24am On Oct 14, 2021
Leaforever:
Some of these guys have conflated the gospel of Jesus Christ with motivational speaking.
What is the spirit of God's business with having rich friends or poor friends? Gosh!
Lol
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Hassanmaye(m): 8:27am On Oct 14, 2021
verybadmouth:
And those friends that helped you when you were poor should be forgotten abi.
You should try to help your friends to be rich like you instead of showing off your wealth to them and making them feel bad.
Another senseless and foolish Nigerian pastor on the rampage.
Make I move closer to my pastor abi so he/she can flush my account. Rubbish
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Hassanmaye(m): 8:28am On Oct 14, 2021
urchcoded:
Well, you might be a pastor. That doesn't mean you must have sense. Friendship is not about money.
Haha
Re: Pastor Funke Adejumo: If You Are The Richest Among Your Friends, Leave Now by Hassanmaye(m): 8:30am On Oct 14, 2021
Newboss:
Typical Nigerian woman.

That logic does not even make any sense.

So the richest man in the world will not have any one close to him because he's obviously richer than all men.

Logic is not women's strength
Your last statement will make that gender come for you o haha

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Crashed ‘flying’ From Benin To UK, Says Man Found In Sapele River. / Pastor Enenche Leads Prayer Walk For Nigeria In Abuja / Reverend Father Visits Fulani Herdsmen While Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.