Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! (476 Views)

Help Me!! My Money Is Missing. / Biography Of Taiwo Afolabi, SIFAX Group CEO, Owner Of Shipping Company, Others / Infinitikoncept Is in the process of Releasing My Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 2:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
I recently bought some jewelry from China myself and successfully shipped them into Nigeria using a shipping company. I just got their call last week that the goods have arrived so I can make payment for the shipping and clearance fees. I chatted with them on WhatsApp via their number and the pickup message was sent of which I made the payment. The goods is to be sent to their Onitsha office and not Lagos as I stated this categorically when I was filling in the details of where it will be sent to on their website on my dashboard online. I also told the customer rep on Whatsapp that the final destination is Onitsha and not Lagos and she said I have to pay the shipping fee first before they move it down to Onitsha, that I did.

I chatted with their Onitsha office and they said no details of my goods was sent to them as against what their Lagos office told me last week. I went back to Whatsapp and chatted their Lagos office and even called them and they said they are looking for my goods as they sent the same goods bearing my name but their office in Onitsha is saying it isn't for me. That they are looking for my goods.

Where I need help now is how to get my goods from them cos I intend to take legal actions against them if I don't get my goods within two weeks. Do you think this is the right step to take? I need help, please! Goods is worth about a #100,000 including shipping fees

OP please help push this to the front page as I'm having sleepless nights already

UPDATE: I just got a call from them now that they have seen it in their Lagos office and will send it to Onitsha soon! I can now breathe in peace small grin and fully once I receive it next week as they promised. I will update the house once I pickup.

Thanks for all the concern

2 Likes

Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by TarOrfeeek: 2:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Go with Police or Soldiers.

Try and cause plenty of wahala

Nigerians don't like calm people. They see calmness as an invitation to scam you.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by mployer(m): 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
coolangel54:
I recently bought some jewelry from China myself and successfully shipped them into Nigeria using a popular shipping company. I just got their call last week that the goods have arrived so I can make payment for the shipping and clearance fees. I chatted with them on WhatsApp via their number and the pickup message was sent of which I made the payment. The goods is to be sent to their Onitsha office and not Lagos as I stated this categorically when I was filling in the details of where it will be sent to on their website on my dashboard online. I also told the customer rep on Whatsapp that the final destination is Onitsha and not Lagos and she said I have to pay the shipping fee first before they move it down to Onitsha, that I did.

I chatted with their Onitsha office and they said no details of my goods was sent to them as against what their Lagos office told me last week. I went back to Whatsapp and chatted their Lagos office and even called them and they said they are looking for my goods as they sent the same goods bearing my name but their office in Onitsha is saying it isn't for me. That they are looking for my goods.

Where I need help now is how to get my goods from them cos I intend to take legal actions against them if I don't get my goods within two weeks. Do you think this is the right step to take? I need help, please! Goods is worth about a #100,000 including shipping fees

OP please help push this to the front page as I'm having sleepless nights already

Another person has collected it from onitcha office.

Report to their top management in Lagos.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
My question is how to get the details of the top management? I'm based in Asaba and all I have is just their phone numbers
mployer:

Another person has collected it from onitcha office.

Report to their top management in Lagos.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
How I wish I was in Lagos, this is exactly what I would have done but I'm in Asaba. Can I do this in their Onitsha office since it's a branch?
TarOrfeeek:

Go with Police or Soldiers.

Try and cause plenty of wahala

Nigerians don't like calm people. They see calmness as an invitation to scam you.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2021
Shey the shipping company no get name

Put their name there na. Considering the wide reach of nairaland, I am sure someone related to them will see it.

1 Like

Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
They have called me that they have seen it in their Lagos office and will send it next week. So let me not tarnish their image for now except I don't receive it next week as agreed
AlphaLion:
Shey the shipping company no get name

Put their name there na. Considering the wide reach of nairaland, I am sure someone related to them will see it.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by justking(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
coolangel54:
I recently bought some jewelry from China myself and successfully shipped them into Nigeria using a shipping company. I just got their call last week that the goods have arrived so I can make payment for the shipping and clearance fees. I chatted with them on WhatsApp via their number and the pickup message was sent of which I made the payment. The goods is to be sent to their Onitsha office and not Lagos as I stated this categorically when I was filling in the details of where it will be sent to on their website on my dashboard online. I also told the customer rep on Whatsapp that the final destination is Onitsha and not Lagos and she said I have to pay the shipping fee first before they move it down to Onitsha, that I did.

UPDATE: I just got a call from them now that they have seen it in their Lagos office and will send it to Onitsha soon! I can now breathe in peace small grin and fully once I receive it next week as they promised. I will update the house once I pickup.

Thanks for all the concern
Okay, update us

1 Like

Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by tosbobby(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Next time, always request for the picture of the package before the Chinese vendor ship out the goods to the shipping Agent, also request the picture of the same package before making payment on arrival of the package to Lagos office.

Also, if the quantity of the goods is small tell the Chinese guys not to use small carton as items in small cartons often get misplaced.

1 Like

Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 11:18am On Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for this tip! It's actually my first time buying myself directly from suppliers.

The suppliers sent the photos of each goods I bought from them but I didn't request Nigerian office to send me the photo when it arrived in Lagos.

Now I have learned!

thanks a lot
tosbobby:
Next time, always request for the picture of the package before the Chinese vendor ship out the goods to the shipping Agent, also request the picture of the same package before making payment on arrival of the package to Lagos office.

Also, if the quantity of the goods is small tell the Chinese guys not to use small carton as items in small cartons often get misplaced.
Re: My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! by coolangel54(f): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2021
I have picked up the parcel at their Onitsha office. Thank you all

(1) (Reply)

Available For Purchase / A / 10ft Containers For Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.