Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary (11116 Views)

I Got Sacked After Asking For My Four Month Salary. / Help Me Get A Job And Take One Month Salary Or We Agree On What You Take / Get Me A Job And Collect My Salary For Six Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Adebaba1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
I resigned on September 30 2021 and my boss has delayed my salary for the past 13 days now. I have tried to call him but he didn't pick my call.
I sent him messages on WhatsApp, he refused to respond despite reading it.
This is one of the reasons why I resigned...delays salary till on the 10th or 15th.
I have to call to remind him of my salary. It's highly tiring.
I think I made a mistake of resigning before collecting my salary
Note this man is very rich...the company account balance is in hundreds of millions. So no one can tell me 70k salary is an issue for him.
I am currently battling with cankersores and I need money to take care of myself.

I am thinking of going back to the office and take one of the laptops and sell it.

This is very unfair.

Please I need your advice

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Kennyprince: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
You shd have waited to collect your salary before leaving.

Few responsible people pays salaries of staff that leaves uninformed.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Adebaba1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2021
Kennyprince:
You shd have waited to collect your salary before leaving.

Few responsible people pays salaries of staff that leaves uninformed.

I didn't leave uninformed...I called him and told him my decision, he was like okay. He asked me to drop the company stuffs that are with me. That's all

8 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by yomi007k(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Adebaba1:

I didn't leave uninformed...I called him and told him my decision, he was like okay. He asked me to drop the company stuffs that are with me. That's all

Read what he wrote again.

You should have collected your salary then stop going to work. And if they call, you will tell them you quit. That's what he meant.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Kennyprince: 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2021
yomi007k:

Read what he wrote again.

You should have collected your salary then stop going to work. And if they call, you will tell them you quit. That's what he meant.
. Exactly bro

5 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Zaxbash1: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
If U fit even loot the lapoy bros runam ok only be day use ur upper make them no come Jarrad U if them catch u

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by chatinent: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
You don't even have to give a hint you are leaving. Grab your salary, resign, move.

He'd find paying you after leaving a pain.

9 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by slawormiir: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Why he be say for this life na rich people stingy pass

Abi the more you get money then the more you want money

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Sonnobax15(m): 11:51am On Oct 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,you see why I say being self employed na the best thing ever wey guyman go fit think of.......The only achievement wey you go fit ever get from a richman wey be your boss na just the name of say you dey work for am...Tho not all rich men be like that cha,but majority of them, wickedness dey smell follow them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:52am On Oct 14, 2021
Was there not an agreement?
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by tubosunmii(m): 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:
I resigned on September 30 2021 and my boss has delayed my salary for the past 13 days now. I have tried to call him but he didn't pick my call.
This is one of the reasons why I resigned...delays salary till on the 10th or 15th.
Note this man is very rich...the company account balance is in hundreds of millions. So no one can tell me 70k salary is an issue for him.
I am currently battling with cankersores and I need money to take care of myself.

I am thinking of going back to the office and take one of the laptops and sell it.

This is very unfair.

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Most small business Employers in Nigeria are worse than Buhari and El Rufai combined

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by KingAzari: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Summon him to the nearest shrine. Let the chief priest, dressed in his full regalia, go to his office and serve him a notice. Let them tell him that failure to pay you within 4 market days will attract an irreversible grave consequences upon him and his children's children.

Thank me later.

Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by oluwaseyi0: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Unfortunately you are hooked

Check your appointment contract, hope there's no clause that says you must give them one month notice or one month salary in lieu of notice?

18 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Oduduwa707: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Just imagine... Nigerians are generally bad pple. The people NOT, the government are the major problem.

This fool go enter government now and pple go dey expect am to pay workers their salaries. angry

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by B055(m): 11:55am On Oct 14, 2021
SportsHD:
You should've collected your salary first, then stop coming to work. Since you already know the type of person your boss is.

Second option; carry kala go tamahog your boss. Make him transfer to an untraceable account. Then kpuff am. If you don't kpuff him, he'll definitely arrest you. Kpuff him so that next time he comes to this life, he'll learn to be a nice boss.
best advice so far.....

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2021
lipsrsealed

I know exactly why this thread was created but I won't say anything yet.

But I know exactly what I'm talking about!

If I'm pushed to speak, may be I will.

God will see you through bro!
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Protest cool

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2021
I am thinking of going back to the office and take one of the laptops and sell it

You are joking right ?!

Better don't go from fry pan to fire!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

This is very unfair.

hahaha sell what ? you will give SARS and your boss a good excuse to deal with you

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by mrdharkchild(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Allow better hunger to beat you for 2 days first.
Leave the rest to instincts (hungry man, angry man)
Thank me later

9 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by kingthreat(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2021
You are supposed to give a month's notice before resigning. That clause will be used against you anytime. You really should have collected your salary first before resigning. If I were you I will just try and move on. Get a loan from somewhere to treat your canker sores. Las las, we go all dey alright.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by OCTAVO: 11:57am On Oct 14, 2021
Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by omoadeleye(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2021
Same way i quit my previous job, only me will have to be reminding them of my salary every month, i got tired and used it as one of the reasons to leave the job.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Calibrator: 11:58am On Oct 14, 2021
This is why I always advise peeps around me to be always grounded in reality.

You too ask yourself what will prompt an employer who is in the habit of withholding your salary when you were still an active staff to pay you on time now that you are no longer on the active payroll.

Now you see!

8 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by KillIgbohoN0W: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

Na wetin him dey wait for be dis.
Try am and watch how your life as you know it ends.

I promise you, your next 12 months will be spent in various cells.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Collect My Last Month Salary by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Adebaba1:

Did you put the resignation into writing or you just did the bolded?

Did you give the company a prior notification (at least a month) before Sept. 30?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jumia Nigeria Job Recruitment (8 Positions) / Agrilink International Accepting Cvs / Newly Advertised Jobs For All Fields.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.