Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Wado City Project - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wado City Project (712 Views)

Wado City Advocates Visit Urhobo King � / Wado City Eni... By Rukie-bless / Wado City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wado City Project by Urhobo12(m): 9:51am On Oct 14, 2021
IT IS ONLY 24 YEARS AGO
Some time ago our Uvwie brother Pleasure Edu gave a history of Ugbolokposo village an Itsekiri settlement in Uvwie local Government.
Because his story was not backed with any documentary evidence, I took the story with a Pinch of salt, a mere "hearsay", based on oral Tradition.
However last week, the Erudite Urhobo historian
Michael O. Dedon gave a detailed account of the same Ugbolokposo HISTORY in our Urhobo Cultural group page Amakashe R'urhobo kingdom, here on Facebook.
Michael Dedon too also relied on oral Tradition, but he told the story in such away that it now looks credible.
According to them the Original name of Ugbolokposo was Ugbenuoworu, and not Ugbolokposo.
That the Itsekiris themselves Changed the name of the Community after they won a Supreme court case in 1995.
This morning as I was going through my archives to research on the TERRITORIES, the Olu of Warri is given by law to rule over in Warri city, so that when we want to rename our TERRITORIES, there will not be any clash or crisis, I stumbled at this information from this Gazette that created Okpe LGA in 1980.
So as at 1980, Ugbolokposo was actually known as Ugbenuoworu.
1980 was just 41 years ago.
In 1997, the Itsekiris narrowly won their Ugbolokposo settlement from their Uvwie Landlords, based on Legal Technicalities based on the Delineation Chief Dore did in 1926, when he separated them from Effurun as a Distinct Community of her own. Before then they were Tenants to the Uvwie people.
The Itsekiris lost at the high Court. They also lost at the appeal court.
But surprisingly our Supreme Court derailed from the concurrent decisions of both lower courts and gave them victory using a mere artificial Colonial boundary used by the Itsekiri Chief Dore Numa (which even the Itsekiri Prince and Author William Moore described as a usurper, land Grabber e.t.c).
And so in 1997, the Itsekiris of Ugbenuoworu,( Uvwie), Changed the name of their Community to Ugbolokposo, Warri, even though they are still in Uvwie LGA.
In fact they are now advocating that our Fupre in Ugbomro is in Ugbolokposo land, and so Fupre be named Ugbolokposo ( just imagine). Otuedon Yemi can witness this to us.
Now from 1997-2021 is just 24 years,
In just 24 years, the name Ugbenuoworu had gone into Oblivion.
Now take note.
They didn't do any Advocacy, they quietly Changed the names themselves, after that they wrote to both the Local Government and state Government.
There was no Threat, no fight , no Press War.
I have told you guys that the Itsekiris know what to do and are always ahead of you.
Okere Urhobo had a Judgement in 1976, that the Kingdom Founded by Ginuwa ( Warri Kingdom) did not extend to Okere. Yet Okere was a Part of a City called Warri, so why not reject that name in compliance with that Supreme Court Judgement.
In 1998, the Delta state Government created a Kingdom for the Agbarha Urhobo in Warri city.
The Title was Ovie of Agbarha.
Meanwhile another king in that same Gazette with equal Powers as the Ovie of Agbarha was given the Olu of Warri title.
So it means that by that Gazette, Agbarha Kingdom traditionally is not Warri, but only Politically in Warri South.
Why not reject the name Warri then and give a new name to yourself to reflect your identity??
But iniovo me of Agbarha and Okere Urhobo....it is not do late.
Do it now..
You are Wado People...
Agbarha Wadoooo
OKERE URHOBO Wadooooo
Help us to help you... Change your name and in 24 years too Warri will go into oblivion as we use Uvwie, Udu, Okpe and Agbarho which are now contingous with your TERRITORIES to market the new name WADO CITY for you.
Urhobo Wadooooo.
By Dr Ejiro Imuere

Re: Wado City Project by Anonymousssssss: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
🤣🤣
Re: Wado City Project by Anonymousssssss: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2023
Urhobo12:
IT IS ONLY 24 YEARS AGO
Some time ago our Uvwie brother Pleasure Edu gave a history of Ugbolokposo village an Itsekiri settlement in Uvwie local Government.
Because his story was not backed with any documentary evidence, I took the story with a Pinch of salt, a mere "hearsay", based on oral Tradition.
Michael O. Dedon gave a detailed account of the same Ugbolokposo HISTORY in our Urhobo Cultural group page Amakashe R'urhobo kingdom, here on Facebook.
Michael Dedon too also relied on oral Tradition, but he told the story in such away that it now looks credible.
According to them the Original name of Ugbolokposo was Ugbenuoworu, and not Ugbolokposo.
That the Itsekiris themselves Changed the name of the Community after they won a Supreme court case in 1995.
This morning as I was going through my archives to research on the TERRITORIES, the Olu of Warri is given by law to rule over in Warri city, so that when we want to rename our TERRITORIES, there will not be any clash or crisis, I stumbled at this information from this Gazette that created Okpe LGA in 1980.
In 1997, the Itsekiris narrowly won their Ugbolokposo settlement from their Uvwie Landlords, based on Legal Technicalities based on the Delineation Chief Dore did in 1926, when he separated them from Effurun as a Distinct Community of her own. Before then they were Tenants to the Uvwie people.
But surprisingly our Supreme Court derailed from the concurrent decisions of both lower courts and gave them victory using a mere artificial Colonial boundary used by the Itsekiri Chief Dore Numa (which even the Itsekiri Prince and Author William Moore described as a usurper, land Grabber e.t.c).
And so in 1997, the Itsekiris of Ugbenuoworu,( Uvwie), Changed the name of their Community to Ugbolokposo, Warri, even though they are still in Uvwie LGA.
In fact they are now advocating that our Fupre in Ugbomro is in Ugbolokposo land, and so Fupre be named Ugbolokposo ( just imagine). Otuedon Yemi can witness this to us.
Now take note.
They didn't do any Advocacy, they quietly Changed the names themselves, after that they wrote to both the Local Government and state Government.
I have told you guys that the Itsekiris know what to do and are always ahead of you.
Okere Urhobo had a Judgement in 1976, that the Kingdom Founded by Ginuwa ( Warri Kingdom) did not extend to Okere. Yet Okere was a Part of a City called Warri, so why not reject that name in compliance with that Supreme Court Judgement.
In 1998, the Delta state Government created a Kingdom for the Agbarha Urhobo in Warri city.
Meanwhile another king in that same Gazette with equal Powers as the Ovie of Agbarha was given the Olu of Warri title.
So it means that by that Gazette, Agbarha Kingdom traditionally is not Warri, but only Politically in Warri South.
Why not reject the name Warri then and give a new name to yourself to reflect your identity??
Do it now..
You are Wado People...
Agbarha Wadoooo
OKERE URHOBO Wadooooo
Help us to help you... Change your name and in 24 years too Warri will go into oblivion as we use Uvwie, Udu, Okpe and Agbarho which are now contingous with your TERRITORIES to market the new name WADO CITY for you.
Urhobo Wadooooo.
By Dr Ejiro Imuere

Uan don start again abi??
Una don come with una roteen beer parlor talk ba?
i believe you're fully aware that ugbolokposo wasn’t surrounded it share’s boundaries with Warri south LGA through Tori another itsekiri town in uvwie which was marginalized by you'r people the "urhobo’s''

The entire area was a regional force of itsekiri’s before y'all ran from benin into our lands and stole them but we didn’t even complain until una thief thief nature start na we put una for una place 2seconds🤣

Una wey migrate come meet us in today's present Delta state formerly known as warri province dey run mouth 😏
If I tell you the reasons why your accentors ran from Benin ehhh omor you go cry 🤣

If e sure for you ehhh go Ugbolokposo go tell them this trash wey you just talk for here so I dare you
If you no use yore head run ehhh ma bend🤣

even uvwie LGA Dey fear ugbolokposo na commoner like you Dey rant

Because we give una privilege una won take the whole village 😒
Bunch of ingrates 🤮

ugbolokposo right from time has always belongs to itsekiri
go through your history and stop spewing trash from your empty uneducated skull
MUMU🤣
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Wado City Project by NigerDeltaMP: 5:16pm On Feb 04
Urhobo12:
IT IS ONLY 24 YEARS AGO
Now take note.
Do it now..
You are Wado People...
Agbarha Wadoooo
OKERE URHOBO Wadooooo
Urhobo Wadooooo.
By Dr Ejiro Imuere

the writer is a creeminal....

if you claim that Ugbolokposo Community was only changed from one funny Urhobo name just 24 years ago, then I direct you to go back to that court judgements and the land boundary delineation done in 1926 where Ugbolokposo and Effurun boundary was determined. so we can see the name in those documents of 1926 if I is not Ugbolokposo that is there or your funny thîevery name.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Leaves Abuja For Nairobi, London For Routine Medical Checks / How Wild Are You?(photos) / How To Earn Hugely On Google Admob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.