Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed (283 Views)

Should I Quit My Job, Of 60k For NYSC? / Help! How Can I Quit Smoking Weed? / Should I Take DSA Job At Union Bank And Leave My Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed by Spark2: 11:04am On Oct 14, 2021
Hi guys,
I trust this meets you well?
I am 25 years old, I'd soon be 26.
I'm a graduate, I served in Kano and stayed back after service doing a teaching job. I am paid 35, 000 naira per month. The 35k finishes on transportation and feeding even before the month ends.

I started learning a skill in tech about a year and half ago, I've gained some confidence already in web development, I can call my self a Front-End Developer now with some knowledge of back end development... I have made up my mind to keep learning everyday. I have a dream of going fully into tech and at this point in my life, I need a job that will offer me the opportunity to learn what I'm personally interested in. I want to work in a team that will help me to grow, not a teaching job where I am overworked and get home tired everyday and have little time to code.

After sitting and considering all these, I made up my mind to resign my teaching Job by the end of December. I'm going back to my hometown (a state in the North central) where I hope to go down to Abuja in search of a better life or better still if I get one in my state.

The thing is that I'd need to take this bold step now while I'm still a bachelor before I get married and unable to.

I understand that it is a hard decision to take, but if I let fear hold me down here, Many years will pass and I will be here held by fear. A colleague shared his story with me, that he was afraid of leaving and for him, it's 11 years now teaching and he is still struggling. He's married and it's now difficult to take any step as such.

I need advice, if possible share your experiences so that I will learn.

Thank you very much
Re: Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed by thesicilian: 11:11am On Oct 14, 2021
Get the tech job first before quitting, even if it is an unpaid internship
Re: Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed by Spark2: 11:14am On Oct 14, 2021
thesicilian:
Get the tech job first before quitting, even if it is an unpaid internship

Thank you sir...
Re: Should I Quit My Teaching Job? Advice Needed by Skillsnigeria: 6:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Hmmm

(1) (Reply)

You Are Biafrans: IPOB Tells Ex-biafran Soldiers Not To Accept Buhari’s Offer To / .. / My Wife Only Cooks For Me When Her Mother Visits – US Based Nigerian Man Cries O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.