Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity (975 Views)

Verified Uber / Bolt Drivers Available / Uber And Bolt Drivers Lets Connect Here / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by Thobby02lawbar(f): 2:24pm On Oct 14, 2021
I'm not a fan of using bolt but then my boss needed their services last week Monday so I had to download their app and use their service.

Why registering I input my card details, but on getting to the location in Ibadan, I couldn't use Internet on phone due to network challenges.

So my boss paid by cash. 1500

On Thursday evening, I got a message from my bank about an impending 1500 to be debited on my account. Fear first catch me cos I can't remember I did any transaction.

I followed my first instinct, I quickly hotlisted card. Then on Friday, I proceeded to the bank to know what's up, then I was being told its for the bolt service I used.

Haha, but my boss paid with cash nah
The customer care guy took his time to explain to me that if I ask for a refund, there is no evidence of me paying with cash, so the rider can deny it or he can even say its a tip

Tip as how? As per mother xmas wey I be?
He advised me to call the rider and plead with him so he can refund me since bolt would still pay him the money

I called him, explained to him begged him and he agreed to send me the money on Monday that they usually pay them on Sunday.

I waited till Monday, called him to remind him
Do u know this hoodlum said he won't refund me the whole 1500 that he will send 1k

Haba for what nah?
He said if I can't collect the 1k that's my personal problem.
The thing pain me die!

Remembering the fact that I'll have to pay for another atm card. On top say its not even my personal business and thinking that I gave the idiot 5 stars!

It's not about the 500 naira but the arrogance, the audacity that if I can't collect 1k that's my personal problem.

I just have to collect it like that but aswear If I get power tomorrow, Joshua Oladapo Sunday Ibadan bolt driver! I'm coming for you. �

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by Itsrm(m): 2:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
Thobby02lawbar:
I'm not a fan of using bolt but then my boss needed their services last week Monday so I had to download their app and use their service.

Why registering I input my card details, but on getting to the location in Ibadan, I couldn't use Internet on phone due to network challenges.

So my boss paid by cash. 1500

On Thursday evening, I got a message from my bank about an impending 1500 to be debited on my account. Fear first catch me cos I can't remember I did any transaction.

I followed my first instinct, I quickly hotlisted card. Then on Friday, I proceeded to the bank to know what's up, then I was being told its for the bolt service I used

Haha, but my boss paid with cash nah
The customer care guy took his time to explain to me that if I ask for a refund, there is no evidence of me paying with cash, so the rider can deny it or he can even say its a tip

Tip as how? As per mother xmas wey I be?
He advised me to call the rider and plead with him so he can refund me since bolt would still pay him the money

I called him, explained to him begged him and he agreed to send me the money on Monday that they usually pay them on Sunday.

I waited till Monday, called him to remind him
Do u know this hoodlum said he won't refund me the whole 1500 that he will send 1k

Haba for what nah?
He said if I can't collect the 1k that's my personal problem.
The thing pain me die!

Remembering the fact that I'll have to pay for another atm card. On top say its not even my personal business and thinking that I gave the idiot 5 stars!

It's not about the 500 naira but the arrogance, the audacity that if I can't collect 1k that's my personal problem.

I just have to collect it like that but aswear If I get power tomorrow, Joshua Oladapo Sunday Ibadan bolt driver! I'm coming for you. �

Seems to me like you're blowing hor air, nothing else.

It would have taken you less time to report to bolt and get your money than it has taken you to open this thread.

The Bolt I know would also have dished out the appropriate punishment to the driver.

Hope you get the little attention you're craving for and good luck with going after him.

It's obvious you've never been a victim of fraud and have never had to recover money.

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by CandyOps(m): 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2021
Bolt drivers go legit drive you into SARS office report say u be Yahoo boy. Those guys na agberos. No training, no appropriate mode of conduct, just staright ruffians.

I book ride from Mainland to Eko Atlantic on getting there the idiot say my money na 4k while app de show me 2600.

I asked him how him de cap say make I forget the app that the trip is far.

I enter another one, and the child lock to the back seat was on. I para am no be small. I mean why your back seat child lock go dey on??

I screenshot the ride details and sent to my guys... he started saying he doesn't allow passengers to screenshot his ride details. Omo na so I change am for am. Whether him wan kidnap me I no know .

I done even enter one wey no get A.C for him car. Talking about it just got spoilt now. Those guys are all big holigans.

Na Uber dey save person. To book Bolt be like to enter one-chance... Anything can happen

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by RZArecta(m): 8:08pm On Oct 14, 2021
Itsrm:

Seems to me like you're blowing hor air, nothing else.

It would have taken you less time to report to bolt and get your money than it has taken you to open this thread.

The Bolt I know would also have dished out the appropriate punishment to the driver.

Hope you get the little attention you're craving for and good luck with going after him.

It's obvious you've never been a victim of fraud and have never had to recover money.
take it easy, not everyone knows drivers can be reported especially new users like op. You're making him out as the criminal instead of the victim here

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by slimmoney(m): 9:19pm On Oct 14, 2021
the child lock might have been unintentionally switched by car wash guys, it happened most times.
CandyOps:
Bolt drivers go legit drive you into SARS office report say u be Yahoo boy. Those guys na agberos. No training, no appropriate mode of conduct, just staright ruffians.

I book ride from Mainland to Eko Atlantic on getting there the idiot say my money na 4k while app de show me 2600.

I enter another one, and the child lock to the back seat was on. I para am no be small. I mean why your back seat child lock go dey on??

I screenshot the ride details and sent to my guys... he started saying he doesn't allow passengers to screenshot his ride details. Omo na so I change am for am. Whether him wan kidnap me I no know .

I done even enter one wey no get A.C for him car. Talking about it just got spoilt now. Those guys are all big holigans.

Na Uber dey save person. To book Bolt be like to enter one-chance... Anything can happen

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by Timagex(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2021
Nigerians ehn!!! grin grin
Re: Ibadan Bolt Drivers Without Integrity by ehissi(m): 10:27am On Oct 16, 2021
CandyOps:

Whenever you take a bolt ride, several factors may change the price at the end of a trip, that is why when you click on the price to see the fare calculation, bolt will tell you that the price is an estimation...........traffic or inaccurate destination data as depicted on the map can change things for you!

Using Benin City as an example, once upon a time, if you were anywhere in GRA benin-city, if you enter your destination as University of Benin (Main Campus) , it may show you any price between #500 to #900, depending on where you are in GRA Benin city!

But if you look at the map closely that is shown in the APP just above the price of the trip, before you place your order for the ride, the location of University of Benin (Main Campus), is the location of Benson Idahosa University which is within GRA.

By the time driver pick you up for trip of #500 or #900 to real location of UNIBEN, you will get there and see the trip is between #1,500 - #1,900 depending on the traffic situation, you go come talk say the driver na thief, begin fight am, meanwhile driver no do anything.........

Once the driver ends the trip, the price it showed the driver is calculated by the app! The moment he confirms that you have paid, go to your app after you have rated the driver and check your trip list, you will see the price the driver told you there.......

If you don't see the 4k there, then the driver has cheated you. Report through the app to bolt that you have been defrauded, bolt will block the driver and demands he refunds you or will give you the balance of #2,500 back to you as promo for your next trips......

Always insist the driver shows you the price on his own app before you pay.......

Drivers don't know the price of your trip, nor the destination that you are going!

They only know the destination you put after they start the trip and only know the price after they end the trip...........so to accuse the driver of Cheating you for a price he/she cannot control (yes we now have female drivers) is a mean thing to do...........

At least where bolt is concerned

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Please Help My Car Stereo Keep Showing This / I Need Nitrogen For My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee / My Toyota Camry 1998 issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.