Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty (9347 Views)

Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue To Support Devt – IMF / Muhammad Nami Biography, 11 Things To Know About Buhari’s Nominee To Head FIRS / President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by loadedvibes: 6:10am On Oct 15, 2021
Ghen ghen.. they want to double down on the Stamp duty so..
after we are getting double taxation.. imagine I transfer money from my zenith to my gtb I will pay vat and stamp duty account owned by same person . I want to know is this how it is in the abroad that they travel to everytime ?
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Grace001: 6:17am On Oct 15, 2021
Useless good for nothing government, you can only take but you can’t give.

Always thinking about how to inflict hardship and sufferness on the masses

Just empty masses bank account if that will be enough, useless government

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Coronavirus84: 6:22am On Oct 15, 2021
VAT ACCOUNT DEDUCTION @ 7.5%
WHT ACCOUNT DEDUCTION @ 5%
STAMP DUTY DEDUCTION @ 1%
And the government still said this is not enough for them

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by galaxy2020(m): 6:25am On Oct 15, 2021
Even the little we generate, FIRS loot their own and give the FG who do the final looting.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by panpan(m): 6:28am On Oct 15, 2021
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) is only concerned about itself. The FIRS wants to collect more revenue from stamp duty and other taxes so that it can boost its commission of 4%.
The FIRS is not really concerned about revenue for the federal government.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Codes151(m): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2021
I'd rather pay tax to my state.

Bastard.
How many of your herders Even pay tax?
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:45am On Oct 15, 2021
englishmart:
The ones you've been generating, of what help has it been to the masses?

Who told you they are generating it for masses, is it not the masses paying it
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Teesbee(m): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh:
does this administration look like that of PDP that even stole the money they raised to build their own house? The national Secretariat of the party. N11.5billion. The administration of President has shown that this has been the most corrupt free administration in the country since the return of democracy as we all know.
mumu
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by benuejosh: 6:49am On Oct 15, 2021
Teesbee:
mumu
when they can't argue objectively then they insult. What a shame.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Teesbee(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh:
when they can't argue objectively then they insult. What a shame.
why would I argue with u on dat rubbish u wrote..itz obvious you are being paid
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by benuejosh: 6:56am On Oct 15, 2021
Teesbee:
why would I argue with u on dat rubbish u wrote..itz obvious you are being paid
that is emotional blackmail and false accusation. Stop saying things you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by EmekaBlue(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Is Nigeria generating anything tangible before
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by yahmohy27: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2021
[quote auth
or=Kingpin1000 post=106742195]After this VAT battle has been won be the states, the true VAT given by states will be revealed.
We all know the figures given to the southern states are hoax. We know what the southern states contribute is far more than what is published, reason why the south south and south west want VAT. The south east masses also want VAT but their leaders don't want it. We know why FIRS job is like hot cake. We the south don't benefit much so let us chop this money in our own state. At least if my I no see FIRS job, somebody wey from my state go see the job.
I cannot be paying for my Beer and one aboki man will be collecting juicy allocation from my tax while he keeps his own.[/quote]

Ndo , just take it easy my brother from that region, ok?
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Teesbee(m): 7:02am On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh:
that is emotional blackmail and false accusation. Stop saying things you know nothing about.
keep doing what you do bro..all na hustle
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by lexy2014: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh:
does this administration look like that of PDP that even stole the money they raised to build their own house? The national Secretariat of the party. N11.5billion. The administration of President has shown that this has been the most corrupt free administration in the country since the return of democracy as we all know.

kindly tell us what d govt has been doing with all d stamp duty it has been collecting and how they have used it to improve d living standard of nigerian
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by benuejosh: 7:10am On Oct 15, 2021
lexy2014:

kindly tell us what d govt has been doing with all d stamp duty it has been collecting and how they have used it to improve d living standard of nigerian
with all the infrastructural projects being carried out all over the country and you still asking? Haba na.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by lexy2014: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2021
benuejosh:
with all the infrastructural projects being carried out all over the country and you still asking? Haba na.

u havent answered d question.

what are those "infrastructural projects being carried out all over the country"? pls give details.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Fejoku: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2021
Bandits are cashing out big time and since they are regarded as business men, they should be subject to pay tax and other revenues just like other business people do.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by benuejosh: 7:25am On Oct 15, 2021
lexy2014:

u havent answered d question.

what are those "infrastructural projects being carried out all over the country"? pls give details.

More than 60 ongoing Federal road and bridge projects across the five states in the South East.

These include:
Sections 1 to 4 of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway

Construction of Ihiala-Orlu Road in Isseke Town-Amafuo-Ulli with Spur (Ihiala-Orlu-Umuduru Section) in Anambra state

Rehabilitation of Oba-Nnewi-Okigwe Road Route Section II: Anambra/Imo states Border-Ibinta-Okigwe Road

Construction of Oseakwa Bridge in Anambra state

Rehabilitation of Old Enugu – Portharcourt Road (Agbogugu-Abia Border Spur to Mmaku)

Rehabilitation of Nsukka-Obollo-Ikem-Ehamufu-Nkalagu Road in Enugu state

Rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road Sections I, II & III Imo/Abia states

Rehabilitation of Oba-Nnewi-Okigwe Road Section II: Anambra/Imo states Border-Ibinta-Okigwe Road

Rehabilitation of Bende – Arochukwu – Ohafia Road Section I in Abia state

Rehabilitation of Abakaliki-Afikpo Road Sections I and II in Ebonyi state, among others.

156km Lagos-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail nearing completion

327km Itakpe-Warri Standard Gauge Rail completed and commissioned 33 years after construction began.

Abuja Light Rail completed in 2018.

Ground-breaking done for construction of Kano-Maradi Standard Gauge Rail, and revamp of Port-Harcourt-Maiduguri Narrow Gauge Rail.

Financing negotiations ongoing for Ibadan-Kano Standard Gauge Rail project

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge, Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Expressway.

Completion of New Terminals for International Airports in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and Port Harcourt

Construction of New Runway for Abuja and Enugu International Airports

And host of other things. Now, tell me if this projects have not benefited the common man and how do you think only money from stamp duty could do this.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Caramia2020(m): 7:29am On Oct 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Ok increase it from N50 to 1k
It's not #50 o, Zenith has been collecting #100 for every #20,000 my account is being credited with n one of my guy will be sending 20 20 b4 d money will complete#100 n dat is how #500 will just leave my account n when I check my history via app it will be there as stamp duty. I de tire
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by wink2015(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2021
Rewawriters01:
We spend 4 to 6 years in the university studying, only to come out to look for job and sometimes we don't get that job.

Even if we get the job, we are being underpaid.

Life in Nigeria now is very hard that even if you are being paid N100,000 you will still struggle to survive.

How many people even get paid such an amount.

For you to survive in Nigeria you need a high paying skill to solve high paying problems.

And copywriting is one of them.

Copywriting is using the power of the written words to start, enhance or extend a relationship in sales.

Everything you see around you today are product of copywriting.

Facebook ads, bill boards, Tv adverts Radio jingles, magazines, to mention a few.

With Copywriting you work with foreign clients and get paid in dollars.

Just imagine being paid a whooping $500 just to write a letter.

That is about N250,000, and you can do this in less than 24 hours.

But what if i tell you that you can become a copywriter in 3 months with the right training and dedication?

Would you like to tap from this ever growing industry?

I would be holding a 3 day free class in Copywriting and LinkedIn marketing starting on Monday 18th of Oct.2021.

Send a whatsapp message to this no. to join for free.

YOU ARE MARKETING on nairaland site.

You should pay for advertisement.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by wink2015(m): 7:38am On Oct 15, 2021
Each state in Nigeria should live according to its resources.

Federal government should stop sharing the resources of crude oil producing state and vat generating states to idle state.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by seunayantokun(m): 7:52am On Oct 15, 2021
Wicked ppl. Talking Insecurity, bla bla, bla. Who caused it? The money you dey collect no reach because na thief you dey thief am like rats.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by koladebrainiac(m): 7:55am On Oct 15, 2021
so they want to Tax us more ?
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Simplythebest: 7:57am On Oct 15, 2021
This government is full of lies. As someone who have worked in a bank the stamp duty charges is 100% being collected and remitted to the government cus automated by the banking system once u received more than N1000 the money will be deducted from ur account immediately or next days depending on the bank. But who ever the money is not properly collected is deceiving her self.
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by TheGreatOne90: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2021
This guys needs to be severely dealt with
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Corporate2020: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2021
These guys will not die well
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by hush15: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://punchng.com/nigeria-not-generating-enough-revenue-from-stamp-duty-firs/

This FIRS chair is a very lazy person both spirit, soul and mind. All he knows is to extort
Re: Muhammad Nami: Nigeria Not Generating Enough Revenue From Stamp Duty by Babathanks(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2021
Caramia2020:

It's not #50 o, Zenith has been collecting #100 for every #20,000 my account is being credited with n one of my guy will be sending 20 20 b4 d money will complete#100 n dat is how #500 will just leave my account n when I check my history via app it will be there as stamp duty. I de tire
I use zenith bank too and I can confirm this also

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa To Set-up Committee To Tackle Rumour-mongering / General Hospital, Kuje Designated As Ebola Centre - Minister / Fayemi At Birthday Thanksgiving Mass: I Have Every Reason To Thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.