Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals (578 Views)

Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer / Opinions: How Are We Going To Be Judged On Judgement Day ? / How You Will Be Judged When You Get To Heaven After You Pass On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2021
Dear muslim brothers and sisters

I understand how you must feel about news like the extremist bow and arrow shooter. It comes up every now and then with the usual media method of sensational journalism to stir up emotions in people who end up casting aspersions against Islam for the crimes of Muslims.

Sometimes news like this makes some Muslims weakened and ashamed. This is practically occasioned by a paucity of knowledge about Islam.

Islam is not a religion to be determined by the activities of mallam sule of sokoto, nor zubair of Edo. They may be doing an exact opposite of what their religion requires of them.

Let us hold on to the rope of Allah. The truth is not dissolved by the number of people who do not know or accept it. We do know that these decisions people take are isolated from our religion and are as diametrically opposed to its tenents as the east is to the west.

I will put up some Qur'anic verses here to reassure us that our religion is not represented by the actions of a few sick minds.

Allah said in surah kafiroon when addressing the disbelieving Quraish people of Makkah whose efforts and campaign against Rosullulah(saw) was all in a bid to stop the preaching of one God, peace, justice for all, and abandon the traditions that made some of them bury their daughters. Yet it is clearly stated that to you is your religion and to me is mine

The second picture clearly States in surah 60 that Allah does not forbid Muslims from abstaining from the non Muslims who do not fight them nor drive them out of their homes or help others in driving them out of their homes. It is obvious that driving someone out of his home or fighting him is an àct of oppression. If they are not oppressors, then Allah permits you to do your dealings with justice among them. And that Allah loves those who are just

The third picture is from surah Bakarah and it States clearly that there is no compulsion in religion.

The last picture from surah Kahf clearly states that the truth has been said, so whoever wills should believe and whoever wills can disbelieve. And that the wrong doers have been prepared for with hellfire.

I want to inform you that many people who make these comments about Islam are not aware of these facts. They have never seen nor heard anything like this about Islam. Many quote a daif hadith about 72 virgins. That is what news they have.

It is our duty to put the truth out there so that intelligent people can form a more rational and just opinion about the things they read and hear about Islam. Islam is the religion that upholds peace. It has a history. If it was otherwise, then it cannot be the religion of the good and conscientious Muslims all over the world even in the west.

If you watch Islam TV on dstv, you would notice how scholarly UK and American citizens are right now on Islamic religion. Harvard university offers Islamic law. We cannot have a course like boko haram or a confraternity offered in a university if it is not founded on an educational and well investigated grounds.

There are many verses in the Qur'an that portray this fact and many hadith's that Islam is all about justice and peace even to non Muslims. It is only unfortunate that the facts are never published in the media with the we traction that the rumours are.

But as Muslims who know, let us hold firmly and be steadfast in seeking Allah's guidance and protection from the torment of the grave and the last day. Let us remember death as frequently so we tailor our actions to fit the one who knows he will soon depart from this world and give account for his deeds

I encourage you to listen to more lectures on seerah and tafseer so you actually know what happened and on what occasions the verses of the Quran was revealed.

Learn about the treaty of hudaibiyyah so you are not surprised when people quote verses out of surah Taubah to confuse you. Do not be weakened or put down. The campaign is founded on ignorance and nothing more.

It is a fallacy to judge Islam by the activities of boko haram or bandits or a particular media personality or leader.

The world knows Nigerians to be internet fraudsters by statistics. But does our constitution permit fraud and money laundering? It no longer matters how many Nigerians have been caught as fraudsters when talking about what our country upholds in its constitution with respect to internet fraud. So the fraudsters are also criminals in the eyes of our laws. Just as the bandits and killers are also sinners in the eyes of the Islamic law.

Many black people in America have been seen with drugs and engaging in drive by shooting. But are you a drug addict or a killer right now because you are black?

Allahuma LA taj alduniya Akbar amina
Walamanaghorl ilmina

Oh Allah!
Do not let this duñiya become of Paramount concern to us,
Nor the ultimate of our knowledge

Amin

Assalamualaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2021
Here in surah Furqan, Allah described the characters of His slaves who He promised jannat. One character here is that the slave walks humbly on the earth, and when an ignorant person charges at him, he replies with PEACE

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Codepain: 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2021
Campaign of calumny will never work against islam no matter how hard they tried.
In fact it works in islam favours
Only ALLAH know the number of times anti-islam comments are being made on this forum. Does it change a thing?
This world will never end until there is no house on this planet without islam
وعد الله حق

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Adamgeneral12: 10:18pm On Oct 14, 2021
Na your hadith dey cause katakata not the Qur'an it self.

You self wet wan correct dem I'm sure if you talk too muck your head go commot for your head.
This I have seen
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Treasure17(m): 10:32pm On Oct 14, 2021
And the extremists are oblivious to these or they just pick the part that suit their narratives or probably feign ignorance too? Common.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2021
Treasure17:
And the extremists are oblivious to these or they just pick the part that suit their narratives or probably feign ignorance too? Common.
do you have conscientious Muslim friends who you trust and hold mutual respect for each other? Well... If you don't, there's nothing I'll say that will make a difference to you.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by peggywebbs(f): 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2021
@kokaine as much as your intention is good. I don't think you know more than the Arabs that own their religion. If the violence was tied to just a group of people, I would agree with you that they are criminals. However, this terror is deeply rooted from the foundation of the religion. Unless you are trying innovation which is forbidden in your practice. I can safely conclude that the criminals you tag are one and the same with the religion.

Don't just bring out the good part, this book also contains the parts to kill and so the alleged criminals have their defense. If I were you, I will seek the truth. Don't defend what is bad. If the foundation is bad, the fruit cannot be good. I mean no disrespect but I'm just pointing out the clear facts.

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Treasure17(m): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kokaine:
do you have consciousness Muslim friends who you trust and hold mutual respect for each other? Well... If you don't, there's nothing I'll say that will make a difference to you.
Of course I do and I get your point. But I said extremists.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2021
Treasure17:

Of course I do and I get your point. But I said extremists.
exactly. I am an educated Muslim. If my Christian neighbours do not feel secure with me either of their properties or even esteem, if I offend them or do not help them when in need, then our prophet (saw) said I am not one of the Muslims.

He said " he is not one of us, he whose neighbors do not feel safe from his mischief "

Islam is the opposite of what extreme Muslims portray. People have different agendas. People who are fighting for land for instance in Jo's and Kaduna will incite a vulnerable population(almajiri) to violence using religion as a guise. But unfortunately, others can see such fights and think its because of difference in religion. Whereas it's founded by illiteracy and poverty and vulnerability on the part of the almajiri and wanton avarice on the part of the politician.

We need to stop trying to blur the boundaries that define Islamic religion from the foings of mallam shehu in sokoto or kabiru in Afghanistan. Our lives are very diverse and people have hidden agendas. They only use religion as a cloak to materialise their schemes and designs.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2021
peggywebbs:
@kokaine as much as your intention is good. I don't think you know more than the Arabs that own their religion. If the violence was tied to just a group of people, I would agree with you that they are criminals. However, this terror is deeply rooted from the foundation of the religion. Unless you are trying innovation which is forbidden in your practice. I can safely conclude that the criminals you tag are one and the same with the religion.

Don't just bring out the good part, this book also contains the parts to kill and so the alleged criminals have their defense. If I were you, I will seek the truth. Don't defend what is bad. If the foundation is bad, the fruit cannot be good. I mean no disrespect but I'm just pointing out the clear facts.
First, the religion of Islam is not owned by Arabians. I just stated how American scholars and scientists are well represented in the population of Muslims now. That means an Arabian with a turban can go to hellfire too if he doesn't act correctly. Khassogi was killed by Arabians don't forget, and Dubai is also an Arabian place.

2. You wouldn't exactly be in the right position to educate me about innovation or bid'a in Islam. What you have described now is quite a comedy when put into perspective of what bid'a is.

3. This address is to Muslims primarily, so I made use of some Arabic terms that you do not understand. If you did, it answers the points you raised about some parts of the Qur'an. Its quite a history, it cannot be dissolved in a few lines here especially where the motive is purely that of a debate and not necessarily an honest desire to know why Americans and Britons are well represented in the same Islam you think is designed to deprive non Muslims of their rights. Or why it would even be allowed in such a reserve for highly educated people in Harvard school of law. Or why muslims scientists would dare to discuss scientific evidences discovered in the Qur'an only recently with the use of complex scientific tools. Like I said. Its for very brilliant and enlightened people to investigate in the light of modern scientific tools and methods that clarifies arguements.
So don't be surprised if an almajiri falls short of this characteristic. Or some political urchin who has a scheme and desire. He may just be a misfit to interpret the same texts students are studying in Harvard school of law.

Our educational system failed in Nigeria that's why our debates are mostly founded on mediocrity. Everything here is slaughtered on the alter of sentiments and mediocrity and that's why all our discourses and exchanges are always replete with display of ignorance, fallacies, unwanton use of emotions, fraught with insults. If you check what you wrote to me now, it doesn't take a professor to see through the fact that you are trying to discuss bid'a with the same authority as an Islamic scholar from Harvard, whereas in reality, all you know about it can at best be described as beer-palour facts and points.

Mind you, I'm not writing this long epistle because of you. I normally won't be answering or discussing with you after reading the part you wrote "I can safely conclude that blah blah blah" you already gave me a profile of yourself to work with and I wouldn't endure furthering any discourse beyond what necessity demands.

Rather, my response is another opportunity to give further insights to brilliant minds who may be reading this and gain something from it. I don't really expect you to understand it. So you shouldn't bother raising any further concerns because these topics are better discussed with well travelled, exposed and objective people.

I usually enjoy healthy talks on forums like quora where the people are mostly foreigners and well travelled Nigerians. Not this nairaland that every dummy with a phone in a thick village has a major say as long as he can back his point with insults. I mean just read comments yourself and tell me if you are proud of the way we discuss religion here with no single sense of decorum

I would have asked you some basic science questions about how light, sight and reflection on water surfaces work. Then I would refer you to this verse of the Quran that describes a fact of this import.

That you a Nigerian don't see it or want to reason it out, does not mean a brilliant foreigner with no sentiments when it comes to objectivity, will not look critically into it.

Now this verse describes a person in the vast deep sea, been unable to see his hand as close it is to him. Oceanology is a modern science that was not available at the time of the prophet (saw)

Beyond a certain depth of the sea, where the wàves are most, all visible light rays àre completely reflected away. And you know how our sight is a function of light. Who in 1400 years ago could access the deep seas to know exactly that all visible light rays are reflected off? And that inside the seas (not surface) still has waves layers upon layers? It was only discovered when science had advanced to oceanology.

And there are many other facts discovered by foreign scientists who became Muslims on account of these discoveries. So taking a pill from your own medicine, are you more intelligent than these Americans? Or are you more religious than the ones who accepted Islam after due diligence was observed in investigating facts from myths? Or are you more Catholic than the popes who visited Islamic countries and shook hands of peace and accord with Muslims? Or have you seen the pope associate himself with some fetish occultist traditions? Do you know more than these people and world rulers who have spoken well of Islam and commiserated with Muslims on special holidays and celebration like sallah? Is your opinion more important? Or you are more brilliant than the authorities in America that allowed sharia law to be studied in Harvard? Or Muslims soldiers to wear hijab? Or students? Which one are you better than?

These are not topics for mediocres. The almajiri or mallams in sokoto or Arabians may not know these that I have just said.

4. Islam will thrive whether you love it or not. The population of Muslims in the western communities is large. People know the right things. Some don't. Some do the wrong things to gain a worldly benefit. At the end of it all, we are all answerable to Allah for the choices we made. Whether a fulani man or Arabian or American, it doesn't matter before Allah.

2 Likes

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Treasure17(m): 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2021
Kokaine:
exactly. I am an educated Muslim. If my Christian neighbours do not feel secure with me either of their properties or even esteem, if I offend them or do not help them when in need, then our prophet (saw) said I am not one of the Muslims.

He said " he is not one of us, he whose neighbors do not feel safe from his mischief "

Islam is the opposite of what extreme Muslims portray. People have different agendas. People who are fighting for land for instance in Jo's and Kaduna will incite a vulnerable population(almajiri) to violence using religion as a guise. But unfortunately, others can see such fights and think its because of difference in religion. Whereas it's founded by illiteracy and poverty and vulnerability on the part of the almajiri and wanton avarice on the part of the politician.

We need to stop trying to blur the boundaries that define Islamic religion from the foings of mallam shehu in sokoto or kabiru in Afghanistan. Our lives are very diverse and people have hidden agendas. They only use religion as a cloak to materialise their schemes and designs.
I get it but It's actually hard to disassociate these people from their beliefs cause more often than not they quote the Quran to justify their actions. Anyway, People easily hide under the canopy of religion to perpetrate evil. Religion extremism is a disaster.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 11:59pm On Oct 14, 2021
Treasure17:

I get it but It's actually hard to disassociate these people from their beliefs cause more often than not they quote the Quran to justify their actions. Anyway, People easily hide under the canopy of religion to perpetrate evil. Religion extremism is a disaster.
thank you my brother. There are very few Nigerians who can still hold healthy discussions in the manner you have done. I appreciate you sir. Its rare. Everything is insult and rudeness.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MightySparrow: 2:59am On Oct 15, 2021
The man in his insanity still remembered that he is a Muslim and on an Islamic mission.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Aboks(m): 6:24am On Oct 15, 2021
Religion of pizza
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by peggywebbs(f): 7:03am On Oct 15, 2021
Hmm all of this because I tied your religion to Arab? Like I said a faulty foundation doesn't bear good fruits. I have nothing against Islam. I grew up with family friends that were and still have very close friend that are Muslims. In fact I grew up following them to mosque and ilekewu.

So I don't need to know that there are good people. However, I only associate their love and kindness to their person. If you are good then you are regardless of your tribe or religion.

However, my only argument is that the said criminals still cling confidently to the pages of your Quran. Bringing out one good page in defence, does not negate the multiple pages that promote killing of other people.

I never condemned the religion, I only pointed out that the said criminals do not believe they are committing a crime as they are following direct instructions from the book. So dissociating from them is simple denying that those pages don't exist.

So again I will tell you to seek truth and stop defending religion. I have a common saying here, God is not a Christian or a Muslim. He won't judge you for being any either. Instead he will judge us for every our deeds. They are written they will bear witness for or against us. However, in our course of worshipping the one true God, we should not fail to point out the wrong we see and even read. It is our choice not to follow those practices that within our conscience tells us it is wrong. Denying the existence of the negative pages does not speak truth. Again I said a bad foundation does not bear good fruits. If those pages continue to exist, the said criminals will continue to follow the words of the book strictly, and in their defense they have committed no crime.

Kokaine:

First, the religion of Islam is not owned by Arabians. I just stated how American scholars and scientists are well represented in the population of Muslims now. That means an Arabian with a turban can go to hellfire too if he doesn't act correctly. Khassogi was killed by Arabians don't forget, and Dubai is also an Arabian place.

2. You wouldn't exactly be in the right position to educate me about innovation or bid'a in Islam. What you have described now is quite a comedy when put into perspective of what bid'a is.

3. This address is to Muslims primarily, so I made use of some Arabic terms that you do not understand. If you did, it answers the points you raised about some parts of the Qur'an. Its quite a history, it cannot be dissolved in a few lines here especially where the motive is purely that of a debate and not necessarily an honest desire to know why Americans and Britons are well represented in the same Islam you think is designed to deprive non Muslims of their rights. Or why it would even be allowed in such a reserve for highly educated people in Harvard school of law. Or why muslims scientists would dare to discuss scientific evidences discovered in the Qur'an only recently with the use of complex scientific tools. Like I said. Its for very brilliant and enlightened people to investigate in the light of modern scientific tools and methods that clarifies arguements.
So don't be surprised if an almajiri falls short of this characteristic. Or some political urchin who has a scheme and desire. He may just be a misfit to interpret the same texts students are studying in Harvard school of law.

Our educational system failed in Nigeria that's why our debates are mostly founded on mediocrity. Everything here is slaughtered on the alter of sentiments and mediocrity and that's why all our discourses and exchanges are always replete with display of ignorance, fallacies, unwanton use of emotions, fraught with insults. If you check what you wrote to me now, it doesn't take a professor to see through the fact that you are trying to discuss bid'a with the same authority as an Islamic scholar from Harvard, whereas in reality, all you know about it can at best be described as beer-palour facts and points.

Mind you, I'm not writing this long epistle because of you. I normally won't be answering or discussing with you after reading the part you wrote "I can safely conclude that blah blah blah" you already gave me a profile of yourself to work with and I wouldn't endure furthering any discourse beyond what necessity demands.

Rather, my response is another opportunity to give further insights to brilliant minds who may be reading this and gain something from it. I don't really expect you to understand it. So you shouldn't bother raising any further concerns because these topics are better discussed with well travelled, exposed and objective people.

I usually enjoy healthy talks on forums like quora where the people are mostly foreigners and well travelled Nigerians. Not this nairaland that every dummy with a phone in a thick village has a major say as long as he can back his point with insults. I mean just read comments yourself and tell me if you are proud of the way we discuss religion here with no single sense of decorum

I would have asked you some basic science questions about how light, sight and reflection on water surfaces work. Then I would refer you to this verse of the Quran that describes a fact of this import.

That you a Nigerian don't see it or want to reason it out, does not mean a brilliant foreigner with no sentiments when it comes to objectivity, will not look critically into it.

Now this verse describes a person in the vast deep sea, been unable to see his hand as close it is to him. Oceanology is a modern science that was not available at the time of the prophet (saw)

Beyond a certain depth of the sea, where the wàves are most, all visible light rays àre completely reflected away. And you know how our sight is a function of light. Who in 1400 years ago could access the deep seas to know exactly that all visible light rays are reflected off? And that inside the seas (not surface) still has waves layers upon layers? It was only discovered when science had advanced to oceanology.

And there are many other facts discovered by foreign scientists who became Muslims on account of these discoveries. So taking a pill from your own medicine, are you more intelligent than these Americans? Or are you more religious than the ones who accepted Islam after due diligence was observed in investigating facts from myths? Or are you more Catholic than the popes who visited Islamic countries and shook hands of peace and accord with Muslims? Or have you seen the pope associate himself with some fetish occultist traditions? Do you know more than these people and world rulers who have spoken well of Islam and commiserated with Muslims on special holidays and celebration like sallah? Is your opinion more important? Or you are more brilliant than the authorities in America that allowed sharia law to be studied in Harvard? Or Muslims soldiers to wear hijab? Or students? Which one are you better than?

These are not topics for mediocres. The almajiri or mallams in sokoto or Arabians may not know these that I have just said.

4. Islam will thrive whether you love it or not. The population of Muslims in the western communities is large. People know the right things. Some don't. Some do the wrong things to gain a worldly benefit. At the end of it all, we are all answerable to Allah for the choices we made. Whether a fulani man or Arabian or American, it doesn't matter before Allah.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Oct 15, 2021
Before the advent of colonialism and Fulani jihadists our people believe in governance of their community by traditional rulers who only consult the oracle when necessary.
The oracle man has no business with the political affairs of the community, such is strictly exclusive to the king and chiefs.
But by the time the colonial masters and Fulani jihadists came with their religions they merged politics with their religion, ever since then their coming became a curse instead of blessing!
Islam in itself is not the problem but since an average Muslim can't distinguish between his faith and the political affairs of his community greedy politicians easily use them as means of getting support for their political ambitions! smiley

1 Like

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by SSIPON(m): 8:07am On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Before the advent of colonialism and Fulani jihadists our people believe in governance of their community by traditional rulers who only consult the oracle when necessary.
The oracle man has no business with the political affairs of the community, such is strictly exclusive to the king and chiefs.
But by the time the colonial masters and Fulani jihadists came with their religions they merged politics with their religion, ever since then their coming became a curse instead of blessing!
Islam in it's is not the problem but since an average Muslim can't distinguish between his faith and the political affairs of his community greedy politicians easily use them as means of getting support for their political ambitions! smiley
You can say the same about Christianity
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2021
SSIPON:

You can say the same about Christianity
I didn't exempt the colonial masters who came with their religion to dominate our people.
The difference here is that true Christianity came when Jehovah's Witnesses first knock on your door.
Jesus has no business with the political affairs of his community so those white men who came to dominate our people in the name of Christianity weren't Christians! smiley
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by SSIPON(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The difference here is that true Christianity came when Jehovah's Witnesses first knock on your door.

That's the same thing that Islamists say.

Everyone believes that his religion is the right one.
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by sagenaija: 8:48am On Oct 15, 2021
Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth.

The primary source of looking at a religion is what its books or tenets say it is, and not what some of its adherents say.

Like has been pointed out, there are tons of portions in the Koran that promote what will today be regarded as HATE SPEECH, pure and simple. There are others that are not that terrible. Therefore, if a follower of Islam justifies his actions by referring to portions that promote violence are we to blame him or deny him as some other Moslems do, or do we point the finger at the real source of his motivation ‐ the books of Islam?

Moslems themselves will tell us that portions of the Koran were revealed in Mecca while others were revealed in Medina. They know the differences between the two. Mohamed's biography shows us his life in the first ten years or so of Islam and the contrast between that and the remaining part of his life. When today they now want to WHITEWASH the history of Mohamed and Islam and make history say what even their own books are not telling us, what we can make of that is simply that they are being DECEPTIVE. Against what they know of their religion, they want to give us a different picture.

A book - Koran - that they claim is clear presents CONFLICTING sides of issues. Yet rather than see it for what it is adherents turn the blind eye to its shortcomings.

Until apologists of Islam are sincere enough to own up to what their religion truly is, Moslems will continue to be pitted against the rest of the world and even against themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2021
SSIPON:

That's the same thing that Islamists say.
Everyone believes that his religion is the right one.
That's why you should create time to study and know the truth about God now! Ecclesiastes 12:1 smiley
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by SSIPON(m): 12:42pm On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

That's why you should create time to study and know the truth about God now! Ecclesiastes 12:1 smiley
Again, that's the same thing that other religious people do. They claim that their religion is the one and the only, and then they quote a text from their holy book. grin
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2021
SSIPON:

Again, that's the same thing that other religious people do. They claim that their religion is the one and the only, and then they quote a text from their holy book. grin
Of course that's exactly what everyone else will say until they are given the opportunity to prove what they know! smiley
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by SSIPON(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Of course that's exactly what everyone else will say until they are given the opportunity to prove what they know! smiley

Again, everyone claims to have proof and stand by it. grin
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2021
SSIPON:

Again, everyone claims to have proof and stand by it. grin
That depends on the listener because after you have accepted what they taught you the only way to prove that what you receive is real is by adequately impacting what you learned in the hearts of others! wink
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Amspecial: 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2021
grin
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Watenopu: 5:40pm On Oct 15, 2021
Codepain:
Campaign of calumny will never work against islam no matter how hard they tried.
In fact it works in islam favours
Only ALLAH know the number of times anti-islam comments are being made on this forum. Does it change a thing?
This world will never end until there is no house on this planet without islam
وعد الله حق
Why
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by enilove(m): 1:46am On Oct 16, 2021
Op , are you calling your profit Muhammad an extremist ?

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ يَعْقُوبَ الطَّالْقَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الْمُبَارَكِ، عَنْ حُمَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏

‏ أُمِرْتُ أَنْ أُقَاتِلَ النَّاسَ حَتَّى يَشْهَدُوا أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَأَنْ يَسْتَقْبِلُوا قِبْلَتَنَا وَأَنْ يَأْكُلُوا ذَبِيحَتَنَا وَأَنْ يُصَلُّوا صَلاَتَنَا فَإِذَا فَعَلُوا ذَلِكَ حَرُمَتْ عَلَيْنَا دِمَاؤُهُمْ وَأَمْوَالُهُمْ إِلاَّ بِحَقِّهَا لَهُمْ مَا لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ وَعَلَيْهِمْ مَا عَلَى الْمُسْلِمِينَ ‏"
Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: I am commanded to fight with men till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His servant and His Apostle, face our qiblah (direction of prayer), eat what we slaughter, and pray like us. When they do that, their life and property are unlawful for us except what is due to them. They will have the same rights as the Muslims have, and have the same responsibilities as the Muslims have.

Sunan Abi Dawud 2641
In-book : Book 15, Hadith 165
English translation : Book 14, Hadith 2635
Abu Dawood

Hadith
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
No woman of Banu Qurayzah was killed except one. She was with me, talking and laughing on her back and belly (extremely), while the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was killing her people with the swords. Suddenly a man called her name: Where is so-and-so? She said: I I asked: What is the matter with you? She said: I did a new act. She said: The man took her and beheaded her. She said: I will not forget that she was laughing extremely although she knew that she would be killed.

Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 2671
In-book : Book 15, Hadith 195
English translation : Book 14, Hadith 2665
Abu Dawood
Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2021
enilove:
Op , are you calling your profit an extremist ?

Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ يَعْقُوبَ الطَّالْقَانِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الْمُبَارَكِ، عَنْ حُمَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏

‏ أُمِرْتُ أَنْ أُقَاتِلَ النَّاسَ حَتَّى يَشْهَدُوا أَنْ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَأَنْ يَسْتَقْبِلُوا قِبْلَتَنَا وَأَنْ يَأْكُلُوا ذَبِيحَتَنَا وَأَنْ يُصَلُّوا صَلاَتَنَا فَإِذَا فَعَلُوا ذَلِكَ حَرُمَتْ عَلَيْنَا دِمَاؤُهُمْ وَأَمْوَالُهُمْ إِلاَّ بِحَقِّهَا لَهُمْ مَا لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ وَعَلَيْهِمْ مَا عَلَى الْمُسْلِمِينَ ‏"
Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: I am commanded to fight with men till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His servant and His Apostle, face our qiblah (direction of prayer), eat what we slaughter, and pray like us. When they do that, their life and property are unlawful for us except what is due to them. They will have the same rights as the Muslims have, and have the same responsibilities as the Muslims have.

Sunan Abi Dawud 2641
In-book : Book 15, Hadith 165
English translation : Book 14, Hadith 2635
Abu Dawood

Hadith
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
No woman of Banu Qurayzah was killed except one. She was with me, talking and laughing on her back and belly (extremely), while the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was killing her people with the swords. Suddenly a man called her name: Where is so-and-so? She said: I I asked: What is the matter with you? She said: I did a new act. She said: The man took her and beheaded her. She said: I will not forget that she was laughing extremely although she knew that she would be killed.

Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 2671
In-book : Book 15, Hadith 195
English translation : Book 14, Hadith 2665
Abu Dawood

You are picking from the middle of a story. An entire story of war. You select the middle discussion of it and embolden it to prove a point.
Anyone reading these without the knowledge of seerah(The actual story of this event) will have the impression that the woman was on her own laughing and she was picked out and killed. These were captives of an attack. It has a story. It is an entire history. Only a part of it doesn't explain it.
I only happen to know about the story reported by aisha (ra) about the people of Banu quraidha. It is a very long story.

Don't interpret hadith without the requisite knowledge of seerah. Seerah is the entire story of what happened. What led to these events? Who were these people in question? It's quite a long story I don't intend to share with you because of time. know that all wars and killings have never been about taking the lives of people without justice.

I give you an insight here.

Read only verse 5 of surah taubah (Quran chapter 9) and see what impression you make of it,

Then read the verses 1 to 14 and see how differently you understand it. Picking only parts of a story tell the entire story differently from what it is. If you approach knowledge with the intention of argument, you will always see what will make you argue.

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Take note again here how the instructions are consistent with the point that they are attacked first in verse 13

But if you had seen a verse like verse 5 on its own, you would want to point I out to muslims. Unknown to you that incomplete knowledge is dangerous. Half knowledge of something will always give a different meaning to it.

Stop showing me Quran verses or Hadith as a proof of your point. Rather ask people who know. So you don't dwell on scripts you don't understand. Islam is consistent with its rule of mutual existence. A whole history of 63 years will not come to you sitting in the lofty comfort of your home and browsing Google to search for verses to show otherwise. It has a story. It has a history. It has events surrounding it. You are educated, you definitely see how different it is as a whole from only a part

If you go online to search for jihad verses, only verse 5 will be shown to you. But missing out verse 1 to 13 doesn't give the complete message .

I'm sure after reading the verse 6 here, even the Hadith reported by Anas ibn Malik about been ordered to fight till they believe will be understood. They are verses that addressed particular events, particular stories that if you do not know, you will be interpreting them wrongly. Just because you can quote it doesn't mean you know it.

Notice that even after the attack, the Muslims were not ordered to fight back Immediately. They gave a window period of four good months for the polytheists to desist from attack and repent.

Please investigate properly so you do not miss out on Islam just because you never heard about it from the right source. News, online and beer palour talks will say anything. It's like shaitan trying to manipulate humans away from the truth with rumours so they can be in he'll fire. Please investigate and stop jumping into conclusion

Re: Islam Is Not To Be Judged By The Activities Of Criminals by Kokaine(m): 2:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Who is the most influential persons in history? Muhammad (saw)! This is from research. Not even done by a Muslim, but by a western supremacist Michael Hart who has a Jewish origin. He should ordinarily be out here castigating Islam. But his research says otherwise and he made it known to the world.

Now go on google and search for the best human that ever walked this earth.

So next time before you make any statement against Islam, check to confirm that you are not just going with the crowd of people who say what they really don't know. Ask why the people you trust to uphold scientific values, complex methods of analysing data and carrying out researches and yet, look away from the troubled regions of the middle east, to name Muhammad (saw) the best person in humanity, as well as give islam a space in their universities to be studied

(1) (Reply)

True Prophet Won't Ask You To Bring Coconut To Church — Pastor David Ibiyeomie. / Russell’s teapot: An argument that reveals the ridiculousness of religion / Spiritual Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.