Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K (3539 Views)

Rivers University Expels Student For Having Speech And Hearing Challenges / JSS Student Gets Credits In WASC / University Sues Student For Completing Degree Too Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by ektbear: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2011
on JUNE 1, 2011 · in NEWS

By Dayo Johnson

AKURE— A 13 year old Junior Secondary School JSS 1 Student Yusuff Ibrahim in Ondo State was, yesterday, offered scholarship to the University level by the state government for his honesty by returning a bag containing the sum of N180,000 he found on his way to school. This came after eight students were expelled by the state government few weeks ago for defrauding the government and were prevented from sitting for their final examination.

But government has promised to reabsorb the expelled students after they might have forfeited a year as punishment for their fraudulent behaviour. Speaking with newsmen in Akure, the Education Commissioner Dr Pius Osunyikanmi said that Yusuf is a student of CAC Grammar school in Akure metropolis.

Osunyinkanmi said that Yusuf found the bag containing the amount belonging to someone and returned the bag and the money intact. He added that the owner of the bag mistakenly left the bag containing the amount on top of her car but later forgot the bag there and later drove off.

The bag, however, fell off the car and Yusuf picked it up and decided to wait at the same spot where he found the bag believing that the owner would return to the scene. After over forty-five minutes, the commissioner said the owner of the bag put a call across to her mobile phone which was inside the bag and it was later picked by Yusuf who asked her to come back to the spot.

Osunyikanmi pointed out that Yusuf by his behaviour has exhibited high quality of integrity despite his poor background and felt that he should be appreciated. The commissioner equally announced a personal donation of N50, 000. Answering question Yusuf said he decided to return the bag and the money because he had been trained by his parent to be content and not to steal.

He commended the state government for the good gestures and said that his joy was that his home training that stealing is ungodly has finally paid off with the offer of the Scholarship by the state government. Yusuf was accompanied to the ceremony held at the NUJ Press Center by him Mother and the Principal of his School

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/ondo-rewards-jss-student-for-honesty/
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by ektbear: 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2011
Not going to lie, there is a chance I'd have taken the money (or made very half-hearted attempts to return it) grin

Kudos to this boy.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by rolchi(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good Boy, I taught him well!
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by 3kay945(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2011
rolchi:

Good Boy, I taught him well!

grin grin grin indeed.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
This was the way Nigerians were in the days we were growing up, before the military boys came and destroyed our heritage.

I am happy that this happened and I thank the Golvt for rewarding his honesty. Who knows? Nigeria might be good again.

Now, parents should please do parenting and not leave that aspect of work for Tom/Jerry and all the folks that live inside the TV.

Kudos to his parents.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by boardmem(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
if i were him honestly i would not return d money but now av learn t another lesson. thank you ondo govt.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by ZUBBYNWA(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2011
That's good boy and indeed good to commend , If na Ajegunle boy, i guess that amount of money will not be Ok for him
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by JAZES(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
noblezone:

Now, parents should please do parenting and not leave that aspect of work for Tom/Jerry and all the folks that live inside the TV.

Kudos to his parents.
grin grin grin

Avery big kudos to the boy
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by 702: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2011
i guess the rest of the students had to take an oath & swore in the shrine that they will never partake in any fradulent deals, thats y d dude had 2 report! grin grin
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by adeshsam(m): 2:50pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good boy indeed. That's how every Nigerian should be. I believe someday, 90% of Nigerians will be Honest and dependable in everything they do. Hope so,
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by DaDoctor: 2:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
nice gesture.

Hope people dont intentionally lose money and ask their relative to get it back to them and the government rewards them DOUBLY!!!

Lol!!!
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2011
Awwwww, what a lovely lil' boy. There's hope after all.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Stonnydrey(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2011
i trust myself,
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Kgdavid(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
incredible that he waited 45 minutes in the same spot just to return the bag shocked shocked
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Vickivicki(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2011
HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Stotle(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
kudos to this guy, hope our leaders will learn from this boy.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by honeric01(m): 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good boy, maybe he didn't know what to do with the huge amount? had to just give it back tongue
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by olaiwolah: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2011
That's how I behave when I was younger
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by andyanders: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2011
Great Boy. God will see you through
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by twity(f): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
Awww such a good boy. If only parents know that they play a vital role in the lives of their children. God bless you o jare.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by amumex: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good boy.Good parental upbring generates good reward.May your parents live long to enjoy the good seed they have sown in you boy.keep it up.

Let other children learn from this singular act. let our media stations expecially TV stations across naija show this for other children to see and learn too.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by ypad: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
This was the way Nigerians were in the days we were growing up, before the military boys came and destroyed our heritage.

I am happy that this happened and I thank the Golvt for rewarding his honesty. Who knows? Nigeria might be good again.

Kudos to his parents.

gbam.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by PurestBoy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
What a mumu boy? He missed his blessing at a tender age
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Ymodulus: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

[AKURE— A 13 year old Junior Secondary School JSS 1 Student Yusuff Ibrahim in Ondo State was, yesterday.

mtscheeeew he his just 13. He knows nothing about money! There's no need to reward him. Its uncalled for. Absolutely not
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Ymodulus: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2011
ekt_bear:

[AKURE— A 13 year old Junior Secondary School JSS 1 Student Yusuff Ibrahim in Ondo State was, yesterday.

mtscheeeew he his just 13. He knows nothing about money! There's no need to reward him. Its uncalled for. Absolutely not
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by 9ja4eva: 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2011
God bless him
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2011
olaiwolah:

That's how I behave when I was younger

Now that you're older nko?
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by laj1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2011
if it were me,i will do the same thing.i am 27 years old.the money will not take me to heaven.it is the blessings of the lord that maketh riches so says the bible not this kind of money.ok.be honest nairalanders.99%of u will not return the money.change ur way of lives.ok
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by MMM2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2011
na small boy,

when he start doing drugs he will not even return 50 naira.
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by chines4(m): 6:08pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good kid, Pride of every parent. Thank God we still have good parents out there, and equally a wonderful boy kudos to you
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by UNLEASHED(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2011
Awww bless him!
Re: Ondo Rewards JSS Student For Returning N180K by bandely(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2011
See mouth! The money won't do this, it won't do that, When I was younger! grin grin grin
You wey be senior criminal! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Scholarships By Subjects/course Of Study / Abu Zaria Has Finally Releases Their Admission List-its Real / What Are The Steps In Writting C.v?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.