Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion (17742 Views)

Naira Devaluation Wipes Off $3 Billion From Dangote's Wealth In One Week / Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million / Nigeria Sells $3 Billion Eurobonds - Largest Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Antoeni(m): 7:16am On Oct 15, 2021
This Pandora box sef. Leno Adesanya, Dasuki (NSA former), Dasuki children, GEJ, a plethora of Arbitration awards, Sun Power Electric, Femi Falana, Arbitration again, Mambilla Power Project stalled. I tell you, vultures have held Nigeria bondage for too long.

Bubu is trying o!
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 15, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Nigeria or black people generally aren't matured or can be trusted with anything nuclear. They'd turn the continent to a chernobyl.
It's a choice we must make. To sit down and make sure we are matured. Nigeria manages viral epidemic more than most developed nations. What I know is that when Nigeria knows there is death in something, Nigeria takes it serious. The former top Epidemic management boss has been picked by UN for a bigger role.

And if we choose to not do it, we cannot make it. There is no way we can generate enough electric with renewable. I know someone will come up wirh solar, wind, bla bla bla. It cannot. And we have seen how hydro fails.

The options we have are gas and coal. Australia has the biggest coal to power systems, but she has stopped every damn thing. So, Enugu coal is a waste. And gas is going to be obsolete soon. It will soon be obsolete like coal. When coal was used to power trains and to generate electricity was when Naija should have entered.

Things are getting so expensive. The only way we can turn thing around is to start exporting. If Nigeria can start a nuclear program, bro...all the industries in the west will make Nigeria their headquarters. Its power we need. And it's only nuclear that can do it. All those black Americans who have traced their roots to Africa will move permanently to Nigeria.

The thing is this....Nigeria should create industrial zones nuclear power should supply electricity and there should be first class management system. We can do it.

If I was the president, this would be my agenda. The road to nuclear energy. Period!

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Ibkhaleel01: 7:22am On Oct 15, 2021
adecz:
undecided

Southerners are using their
education & knowledge to create
create fabulous wealth & content.☑️☑️☑️

Northerners are there, burning down
schools, positioning themselves for
government jobs where they can embezzle
billions to maintain 4 wives & 21 children
or trying to search for routes cows will
use to go and feed on people's farms.❌❌❌

North & south are different peoples
that shouldn't be one country.☹️☹️☹️
for how to bring
Southerners are using their
education & knowledge to create
create fabulous wealth & content.☑️☑️
The most Criminal region is yours... ritualists, cultists and thugs alike
Northerners are there, burning down
schools, positioning themselves for
government jobs where they can embezzle
billions to maintain 4 wives & 21 children
or trying to search for routes cows will
use to go and feed on people's farms
The north is the most productive region, they feed you and yet make no noice
North & south are different peoples
that shouldn't be one country.☹️☹️☹️
for how to bring
We are not happy sharing a country with a useless Criminal minorities that are the biggest beneficiaries of one nigeria yet the most ungrateful
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by SmartPolician: 7:23am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Dem no fit. Its a global tech company. They don't need CBN to operate rather, they operate like CBN because clients pay through their platforms to third parties. Each time payment is made to face book for instance, flutterwave collects and remits to Facebook just the way we have remita in naija. CBN doesn't have power on this.

Huncle, we don't pray for that but the CBN can stop all that. You don't even know how powerful the CBN is. It's just like saying that the NCC cannot control the social media. As far as you encroach into Nigeria's cyberspace, our local laws will apply.

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by janedonez(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2021
I rep those guys and other smart start ups huys
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Tunar18(m): 7:28am On Oct 15, 2021
I'm sorry for asking this. Just for information only coz I don't know.

Is there a reward for FTC?
kennethfranc:
Nice development

Second FTC this week... Oluwa abeg make goodies reach my hand � �
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2021
PapaNnamdi:
Like this now , my foodstuff don finish
And this is just the middle of the month,

What is happening in this life,money wey de carry 1and af month foodstuff,

Shey na only me de go through this abi all of una de here de pretend

The increase in prices is affecting everybody including me.

It's just that my tap is running now.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
So, if you pay for Facebook subscription, twitter subscription, etc does the cbn stop you? When you pay for your hotel reservations abroad, does cbn stop you from making such payment on booking.com...and where did you hear of crypto as part of flutterwaves clients or partners in this news post? The only power the cbn has is limit your spend on your card. They can't stop you from paying with your card( either credit or debit ) online. The virtual visa and MS Cards to be introduced would even facilitate all these payments. Stop thinking upside down

This is a fintech company. Though they don't domicile funds.

They are payment vehicles or facilitator. Fear Nigerian regulators.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2021
Oduduwa707:
But why are they seeking fresh funding from investors when they can organically grow over the course of time? They need to be proven over a time period of which 1 yr is too minimal to be adequately measured.

I don't think it's gonna be a sustainable move. A year of growth isn't enough to command another investment funding request, maybe 3-5 years is more reasonable.

Have they repaid their first funding round ??

Maybe they are seeing so many opportunities, but this is Nigeria.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 7:51am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Let Facebook mess up like Twitter, just one blow will knock it out. grin And all these grammar you are blowing will be like dreams. Donyou know what people said about Twitter that govt cannot ban it? And today, what has happened?

Do you know how govt has been checking crypto? Oga, let us be sincere, who moves money abroad from Nigeria? If you allow me analysed this issue for you...eh..you go just dey look. Who uses crypto? Why did govt ban crypto. You should know na. If you know how much politician and civil servants are embezzling daily..mehn! So, these same people cannot use crypto again...and Fluttereave wants to partner with paypal. See eh! I know this is going south before they even start. Forget it. The way PayPal will clamp it down when Nigerians start laundering with it. When FG starts bombarding Paypay and then starts running after Flutterwave.

How much is in Nigeria legally sef that they are talking of 3 billion dollars? Ok ooo. Make we dey see. When govt wants all dollars pass through them so they wont manipulate it again?

Na person wey no understand or wey no get sense will rush into this. Let me be honest with you...Flutterwave is about to make govt clamp down all means of e commerce. Mark this post. Na money laundering they are gonna do more. Where is the money? Show me? Wetin dey out economy now?

It's time I checked out of Naija before it gets too late. I can see danger ahead.
I kuku understand all you're saying. The crypto you mentioned isn't synonymous with flutterwaves please note and it was never mentioned in the newspost, that crypto was going to partner with them in anyway. The 3bn usd mentioned isn't for their Nigeria base alone. They render lots of services and one of it is online payments intermediaries for their clients , most of whom do not operate within the Nigerian space. Flutterwaves hq isn't in Nigeria too. Twitter, PayPal, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc do not operate from Nigeria as well.

I repeat, in the case of flutterwaves, all what the government or the CBN can control is spending limit on debit/credit cards on online transactions and this is not peculiar to flutterwaves . For instance, the cbn could say, every card holder must not spend beyond 300usd in a month on online-based transactions. Even if the government clamps down on flutterwaves activities in Nigeria which is unlikely except they violate our laws or dent govt image like twitter, it's only going to have an insignificant effect on global transactions done on flutterwaves platforms because the tech company's scope is global.

Despite twitter ban, millions of Nigerias still access their twitter accounts everyday, except the VPNs isn't in operation again. If you have a serious business to do on twitter and its your source of living, there's no stopping you.

If you had said flutterwaves can be sanctioned by the CBN, should they violate the set rules or law of the land, if and only if they operate like remita, Paystack, specta, etc , which flutterwaves has interest in habdling locally, I'd say yes! But on online transactions which is as global as Facebook and other techs, no! The CBN or Nigeria govt can only limit spend by customers on their cards for online transitions which isn't only peculiar to flutterwaves and if they shut their local office due to any reasons, while Nigerians would still bypass govt sanctions, the rest of the world, including our neighbouring Benin Republic will still patronise them.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by babyfaceafrica: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

It's a choice we must make. To sit down and make sure we are matured. Nigeria manages viral epidemic more than most developed nations. What I know is that when Nigeria knows there is death in something, Nigeria takes it serious. The former top Epidemic management boss has been picked by UN for a bigger role.

And if we choose to not do it, we cannot make it. There is no way we can generate enough electric with renewable. I know someone will come up wirh solar, wind, bla bla bla. It cannot. And we have seen how hydro fails.

The options we have are gas and coal. Australia has the biggest coal to power systems, but she has stopped every damn thing. So, Enugu coal is a waste. And gas is going to be obsolete soon. It will soon be obsolete like coal. When coal was used to power trains and to generate electricity was when Naija should have entered.

Things are getting so expensive. The only way we can turn thing around is to start exporting. If Nigeria can start a nuclear program, bro...all the industries in the west will make Nigeria their headquarters. Its power we need. And it's only nuclear that can do it. All those black Americans who have traced their roots to Africa will move permanently to Nigeria.

The thing is this....Nigeria should create industrial zones nuclear power should supply electricity and there should be first class management system. We can do it.

If I was the president, this would be my agenda. The road to nuclear energy. Period!
Is nuclear energy safe in Nigeria? Naija things different o. Make bandits and Co no come still nuclear energy o
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by RodgersAkpafu: 8:04am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:
Big boys codedly doing big tins. If na "some people", we no go here word. Instagram would be full of pictures of "some people" oppressing other people in their village grin
You have started again
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by kennethfranc(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2021
Tunar18:
I'm sorry for asking this. Just for information only coz I don't know.

Is there a reward for FTC?
Lol... Nothing dey for FTC
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by bayelsaowei(m): 8:12am On Oct 15, 2021
I need to buy shares o of this firm
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by IbileIfe: 8:19am On Oct 15, 2021
HALLELUJAH!
Cheers all the way to the Top.
Confirms my announcement that our unicorns are coming!
The Nigerian Unicorns will definitely include my own mobile app startup.

Too many payment startups. The market is becoming saturated. Developers should come up with something totally unique and decentralized fintech. And that is what I am focusing on. And Nigerian banks are scared!
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Topmaike007(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Agric will eventually pick up; though, I know arms and weapons sell well.

What we should even think of is nuclear. We are giants of Africa. At least we use it to power our homes and industries so we can start exporting. Our population is getting too high. Really, most Nigerians are illiterates whether they go to school or not. Cos you find even so called middle age educated couples with 3 girls and they are still trying to get a boy. I dont know why we are like this. And the population in Lagos is just "three" much.
my papa find girls sotey he Born four boys and a girl?
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Karlirk: 8:27am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:
Big boys codedly doing big tins. If na "some people", we no go here word. Instagram would be full of pictures of "some people" oppressing other people in their village grin

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Dem no fit. Its a global tech company. They don't need CBN to operate rather, they operate like CBN because clients pay through their platforms to third parties. Each time payment is made to face book for instance, flutterwave collects and remits to Facebook just the way we have remita in naija. CBN doesn't have power on this.

CBN can block any Payment Gateway/ API with just a mere circular.

The debit / credit cards used on these platforms are issued by commercial banks. Commercial banks are regulated by the CBN. An order from the CBN mandating Commercial Banks to restrict their customers from using the payment gateway when it is integrated to any website in this world would mean that their cards will not work on Flutterwave's API. It's worse because there's no backdoor here and VPN cannot help.

To be frank, the startup is so vulnerable that CBN can even scare customers away. The betting companies , local e-commerce stores and institutions that patronize them can be ordered to integrate other APIs that serve the same purpose into their websites and Apps.

The issue is not whether the FGN can ban and wreck flutterwave because there are many ways the FGN can achieve that. The issue is why the FGN would want to ban Flutterwave.

5 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by TuFab(f): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:

Empty barrels make the loudest noise, normal level.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by UniportAgbero: 8:36am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Let Facebook mess up like Twitter, just one blow will knock it out. grin And all these grammar you are blowing will be like dreams. Donyou know what people said about Twitter that govt cannot ban it? And today, what has happened?

Do you know how govt has been checking crypto? Oga, let us be sincere, who moves money abroad from Nigeria? If you allow me analysed this issue for you...eh..you go just dey look. Who uses crypto? Why did govt ban crypto. You should know na. If you know how much politician and civil servants are embezzling daily..mehn! So, these same people cannot use crypto again...and Fluttereave wants to partner with paypal. See eh! I know this is going south before they even start. Forget it. The way PayPal will clamp it down when Nigerians start laundering with it. When FG starts bombarding Paypay and then starts running after Flutterwave.

How much is in Nigeria legally sef that they are talking of 3 billion dollars? Ok ooo. Make we dey see. When govt wants all dollars pass through them so they wont manipulate it again?

Na person wey no understand or wey no get sense will rush into this. Let me be honest with you...Flutterwave is about to make govt clamp down all means of e commerce. Mark this post. Na money laundering they are gonna do more. Where is the money? Show me? Wetin dey out economy now?

It's time I checked out of Naija before it gets too late. I can see danger ahead.

The truth is you really struggled to sound Smart but in the end, you still don't. Your argument is deflating, and out of point. Take several seats back and learn.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by adecz: 8:47am On Oct 15, 2021
Ibkhaleel01:
The most Criminal region is yours... ritualists, cultists and thugs alike The north is the most productive region, they feed you and yet make no noice We are not happy sharing a country with a useless Criminal minorities that are the biggest beneficiaries of one nigeria yet the most ungrateful

⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️

⏩Southern Nigeria is the richest region
in Africa.

⏩The northern farmers needs the southern market to sell their produce to survive.

⏩The main use of the north to Southerners
is source of cheap labor, boila boys, maiguards, wheelbarrow pushers &
shoeshiners.

⏩Since the south has the money, it can
buy food from any part of the world &
import through its ports to supplement what
it produces.

⏩Any negative global index that Nigeria
is mentioned in,( terrorism, kidnapping,
illiteracy, polio, beheadings small pikin marriage, VVF, out of school children, IDPs, almajiri ), is always from the North.

⏩The north has more thugs than
any other region in Africa, because
almajiri is the nursery for thugs & a
regular supply of children for secret
& Silent deadly rituals.

⏩❌You guys are just parasitic
humans who can't survive 2 years
without the resources from the south.

⏩✨⏩ Mention one single thing the Muslim
north exports to add wealth to
our country.. just one thing. Don't tell
us ginger or tin, since they are not from
the parasitic part of the north.

Allahuakbar❗️❗️❗️☪️☪️

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I kuku understand all you're saying. The crypto you mentioned isn't synonymous with flutterwaves please note and it was never mentioned in the newspost, that crypto was going to partner with them in anyway. The 3bn usd mentioned isn't for their Nigeria base alone. They render lots of services and one of it is online payments intermediaries for their clients , most of whom do not operate within the Nigerian space. Flutterwaves hq isn't in Nigeria too. Twitter, PayPal, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, etc do not operate from Nigeria as well.

I repeat, in the case of flutterwaves, all what the government or the CBN can control is spending limit on debit/credit cards on online transactions and this is not peculiar to flutterwaves . For instance, the cbn could say, every card holder must not spend beyond 300usd in a month on online-based transactions. Even if the government clamps down on flutterwaves activities in Nigeria which is unlikely except they violate our laws or dent govt image like twitter, it's only going to have an insignificant effect on global transactions done on flutterwaves platforms because the tech company's scope is global.

Despite twitter ban, millions of Nigerias still access their twitter accounts everyday, except the VPNs isn't in operation again. If you have a serious business to do on twitter and its your source of living, there's no stopping you.

If you had said flutterwaves can be sanctioned by the CBN, should they violate the set rules or law of the land, if and only if they operate like remita, Paystack, specta, etc , which flutterwaves has interest in habdling locally, I'd say yes! But on online transactions which is as global as Facebook and other techs, no! The CBN or Nigeria govt can only limit spend by customers on their cards for online transitions which isn't only peculiar to flutterwaves and if they shut their local office due to any reasons, while Nigerians would still bypass govt sanctions, the rest of the world, including our neighbouring Benin Republic will still patronise them.

My brother, the reason fintech seems successful is when the said coy is a friend of govt. As soon as the so called good guys want to clamp down the bad ones (I hope you know the difference btw good boys and bad), they will just clamp down the flutterwave for like 6 months to male a point.

It's not just about VPN. We have BVN and NIN now. When Flutterwave is banned, all accounts that transfer cash to all accounts associated with it will be black listed. Finished. If you like use VPN enter. They want you to even transact. The next time you use your ATM, it's dead. Ask EndSars leaders what they went through. Some of them still have restrictions on their accounts. Whether paypal ooo or whatsoever ooo....is it not your account you will move money to their accounts? They will just start clamping down all accounts which transact with the accounts of Flutterwave.

May I not see evil. Sir, Naija is not stable. I will never rely on it. Of course, I will use it...but i will not rely on it. And Flutterwave will make so much profut with just paypal withdrawal which should be free. Ha! Dishonesty and corruption is too expensive. Imagine how much Flutterwave will start charging per withdrawal. Mehn!

This is not the UK or the US oooo. Wake up!
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by gsparks01(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
CBN is the regulatory body actually and Flutterwave follows all that CBN instructs or reasons with them through their CRO.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 15, 2021
UniportAgbero:

The truth is you really struggled to sound Smart but in the end, you still don't. Your argument is deflating, and out of point. Take several seats back and learn.

Your moniker says it all...Uniport thug. Lol. I just want to point out your moniker. Let me sit and watch how the weed in your system starts working. Go on....show it. I'm watching.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 15, 2021
SmartPolician:

How so? Please I want to learn how going to venture capitalists to borrow money is a nice development? undecided

In my opinion, a Nigeria-based unicorn should be more interested in improving its service offerings, growing naturally, and repaying its existing investors. What do they need more money for? undecided

One of the things they'd teach you in business school is that growth MUST planned in a way that it can be managed. If not, it becomes negative growth (a recipe for disaster) and can lead to the end of the company.

Companies like that can be valued at $10 billion but consistently lose. I don't know if I'm archaic but I love the traditional business method of reinvesting part of the profit for expansion of a business.

Though the fintech startup has a Nigerian founder, the company is designed to enrich foreign investors.

I prefer organic growth to seeking funds that are not necessary from venture capitalists. The more the funds received from venture capitalists, the more the entrepreneur is pressured to make mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by adecz: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2021
JimiJunji:

Why not agriculture, instead of building weapons of war why don't you build tools for growth.

⏩You always need weapons, because,
even if you dey jejelly peaceful & maintenaning your life, cursed people will
still bring you trouble.

See how Fulani have brought death☠️☠️☠️
& violence to the quiet people & villages
of South West Nigeria.

Today, what brought about Amotekun❔❓
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

You can only embark on a nuclear program when there's security in the region and the region with most uranium reservers are located in the north.....is it a country where Boko boys are raiding military barracks that can secure a nuclear reactor? The costs requirements will even nearly bankrupt the country......black people can't be trusted with anything nuclear, it's why when South Africa handed the country over to the blacks they took away the neclear power.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by SmartPolician: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2021
ethicallyright:

Companies like that can be valued at $10 billion but consistently lose. I don't know if I'm archaic but I love the traditional business method of reinvesting part of the profit for expansion of a business.

Though the fintech startup has a Nigerian founder, the company is designed to enrich foreign investors.

I prefer organic growth to seeking funds that are not necessary from venture capitalists. The more the funds received from venture capitalists, the more the entrepreneur is pressured to make mistakes.

We are on the same page, sir.

That was exactly my argument.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Ibkhaleel01: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2021
adecz:

⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️

⏩Southern Nigeria is the richest region
in Africa.

⏩The northern farmers needs the southern market to sell their produce to survive.

⏩The main use of the north to Southerners
is source of cheap labor, boila boys, maiguards, wheelbarrow pushers &
shoeshiners.

⏩Since the south has the money, it can
buy food from any part of the world &
import through its ports to supplement what
it produces.

⏩Any negative global index that Nigeria
is mentioned in,( terrorism, kidnapping,
illiteracy, polio, beheadings small pikin marriage, VVF, out of school children, IDPs, almajiri ), is always from the North.

⏩The north has more thugs than
any other region in Africa, because
almajiri is the nursery for thugs & a
regular supply of children for secret
& Silent deadly rituals.

⏩❌You guys are just parasitic
humans who can't survive 2 years
without the resources from the south.

⏩✨⏩ Mention one single thing the Muslim
north exports to add wealth to
our country.. just one thing. Don't tell
us ginger or tin, since they are not from
the parasitic part of the north.

Allahuakbar❗️❗️❗️☪️☪️
The North is the single largest supplier of raw materials in all Nigerian industries, from food through agriculture and cloths to shelter through cements and other building materials available in the Northern rocks, including iron ores and ceramics.
The North have Gold, Diamond, Tin, copper, gypsum, coal, magnesium, etc and even uranium all over the area.

A liter of groundnut/cotton oil is more expensive than a liter of oil, and it has long industrial chain value , from pharmaceuticals, detergents etc.

The cows that some few people condemn is over 20M in number in Nigeria, when properly harnessed and utilize, if a quarter of this number can produce a liter of milk a day, it means the North will have 5M liters of milk per day, each liter is N350, much more that a liter of fuel.

This notwithstanding the endless value chain of milk processing in different industries. A cow, from its feeds to all parts of its body including its dungs is a source of value, thus a cow is a wealth in all ramifications. All we need is to harness its value.

The north have river Niger, connecting all the way from Guinea mountains to, over Kebbi, Niger, Kogi and Deltas as it approaches the Ocean where it’s called the Niger-Delta. The North can still reach the ocean through Borgu to Benin republic down to Atlantic Ocean.

More students from the North studied in the Benin universities than the indigenes of Benin and more Northern traders travel to Cotonou than any other Nigerians, hence a trade pact will be easy for the North.
The North can dredge the River Niger through Benin and connect to the Atlantic Ocean or create a super highway through Niger Republic to Guinea down to Atlantic Ocean, thus the North have more ways to access the ocean than all other regions in Nigeria.

The North controls the flow of the river Niger. If the North chose to erect a barricade for the flow of river Niger to the east, all the rivers like Imo river, Onisha river, rivers in the delta with drinkable water and fresh fish will cease and the water flow will dry up.

The North have all the major forests in Nigeria, From Borgu Forests, to Felgore Forest, to Yankari Forest to Gashaka Forest to Sambisa Forest down, which have the longest stretch to Ethiopia, Uganda and Kenya through central Africa. Thus the North have it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Spend More On Recharge Cards Than Food / Sales And Distribution Business / Nigerian Banks Stop ATM Cash Withdrawal Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.