Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion (17750 Views)

Naira Devaluation Wipes Off $3 Billion From Dangote's Wealth In One Week / Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million / Nigeria Sells $3 Billion Eurobonds - Largest Ever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by ecomalchemist(m): 6:06am On Oct 15, 2021
TECH IS THE FUTURE !
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 15, 2021
JimiJunji:

Why not agriculture, instead of building weapons of war why don't you build tools for growth.

Hmmm.....guns and weapons of war sell faster than tractors, especially in africa.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Mcfi(m): 6:06am On Oct 15, 2021
Just start and stop procrastinating. Tech is the future and not female

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by omoadeleye(m): 6:07am On Oct 15, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
Explain better for me to understand

O get o, then forget

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by JimiJunji: 6:08am On Oct 15, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Hmmm.....guns and weapons of war sell faster than tractors, especially in africa.

That's what you think.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by babaalagbo1(m): 6:11am On Oct 15, 2021
Nice one,this company is going places,nothing like innovations...that's why baba alagbo keeps discovering different treatment to diseases using natural remedy,traditional or alternative medicine,using roots,barks and leafs(herbs)....
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by techWriter3: 6:11am On Oct 15, 2021
The country is indeed for intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by udemzeus(m): 6:12am On Oct 15, 2021
You no go see north here oo

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 6:12am On Oct 15, 2021
Gba ooo. Omoluabi atata. Gba sibę

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 6:14am On Oct 15, 2021
udemzeus:
You no go see north here oo
Cos banditry isn't being discussed here and ransom to be paid. That place will be worse than sodom and gomorrah in near future, to describe its ruins. I pray we'd have split from them before this happens.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by BigDawsNet: 6:14am On Oct 15, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Cool... Someday I'd also have my own billion dollar arms and weapons company.

Dream big guys.

You want to be arms dealer shocked

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by klik: 6:14am On Oct 15, 2021
Incredible!

This is so incredible!
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by iscom(m): 6:14am On Oct 15, 2021
God bless their efforts...

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2021
adefitim:
The world is for the deep thinkers
You can say that again.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 6:18am On Oct 15, 2021
Haryour12:
Buhari through CBN would have killed this tech company with their many nonsensical policies but God pass them
Dem no fit. Its a global tech company. They don't need CBN to operate rather, they operate like CBN because clients pay through their platforms to third parties. Each time payment is made to face book for instance, flutterwave collects and remits to Facebook just the way we have remita in naija. CBN doesn't have power on this.

6 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by bluefilm: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2021
Damn!

These Flutterwave guys are the real ballers!!!

Not all these stupid boys that will be calling me from the bank to ask me for my ATM card details meanwhile they don't even know the bank that I am banking with. grin

6 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2021
Watch how Bastards from the North will try and Frustrate them

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 15, 2021
3 billion naira valuation? Lol. A beg, grin ok ooo. Just one blow from govt, you will know what's up. 3 billion valuation? grin

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Dem no fit. Its a global tech company. They don't need CBN to operate rather, they operate like CBN because clients pay through their platforms to third parties. Each time payment is made to face book for instance, flutterwave collects and remits to Facebook just the way we have remita in naija. CBN doesn't have power on this.
Go and ask how CBN has stopped them many times. And if CBN stopped Crypto which is unregulated, how much more fluttave vehicles. Dey deceive yourself. Believe this $3 billion at your peril. Dont say I havent told you.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Eriokanmi: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Go and ask how CBN has stopped them many times. And if CBN stopped Crypto which is unregulated, how much more fluttave vehicles. Dey deceive yourself. Believe this $3 billion at your peril. Dont say I havent told you.
So, if you pay for Facebook subscription, twitter subscription, etc does the cbn stop you? When you pay for your hotel reservations abroad, does cbn stop you from making such payment on booking.com...and where did you hear of crypto as part of flutterwaves clients or partners in this news post? The only power the cbn has is limit your spend on your card. They can't stop you from paying with your card( either credit or debit ) online. The virtual visa and MS Cards to be introduced would even facilitate all these payments. Stop thinking upside down

5 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 15, 2021
WesternOligarch:
Cool... Someday I'd also have my own billion dollar arms and weapons company.

Dream big guys.

JimiJunji:

Why not agriculture, instead of building weapons of war why don't you build tools for growth.

WesternOligarch:

Agric will eventually pick up; though, I know arms and weapons sell well.

What we should even think of is nuclear. We are giants of Africa. At least we use it to power our homes and industries so we can start exporting. Our population is getting too high. Really, most Nigerians are illiterates whether they go to school or not. Cos you find even so called middle age educated couples with 3 girls and they are still trying to get a boy. I dont know why we are like this. And the population in Lagos is just "three" much.

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by feelgoodstuffs(m): 6:48am On Oct 15, 2021
Flutterwave idea is very good and saves in times of emergency but their charges is way too high, how can you be charging N622 to $1, their own worst pas black market rate. cry

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Victorclean1: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2021
Flutterwave is in trouble . APC tax machine will visit them for this disclosure.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
So, if you pay for Facebook subscription, dies the cbn stop you? When you pay for your hotel reservations abroad, does cbn stop you from making such payment on booking.com? The only power the cbn has is limit your spend limit on your card. They can't stop you from paying with your card( either credit or debit ) online. The virtual visa amd MS Cards to be introduced wpuod even facilitate all these payments. Stop thinking upside down
Let Facebook mess up like Twitter, just one blow will knock it out. grin And all these grammar you are blowing will be like dreams. Donyou know what people said about Twitter that govt cannot ban it? And today, what has happened?

Do you know how govt has been checking crypto? Oga, let us be sincere, who moves money abroad from Nigeria? If you allow me analysed this issue for you...eh..you go just dey look. Who uses crypto? Why did govt ban crypto. You should know na. If you know how much politician and civil servants are embezzling daily..mehn! So, these same people cannot use crypto again...and Fluttereave wants to partner with paypal. See eh! I know this is going south before they even start. Forget it. The way PayPal will clamp it down when Nigerians start laundering with it. When FG starts bombarding Paypay and then starts running after Flutterwave.

How much is in Nigeria legally sef that they are talking of 3 billion dollars? Ok ooo. Make we dey see. When govt wants all dollars pass through them so they wont manipulate it again?

Na person wey no understand or wey no get sense will rush into this. Let me be honest with you...Flutterwave is about to make govt clamp down all means of e commerce. Mark this post. Na money laundering they are gonna do more. Where is the money? Show me? Wetin dey out economy now?

It's time I checked out of Naija before it gets too late. I can see danger ahead.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by klas(m): 6:55am On Oct 15, 2021
Victorclean1:
Flutterwave is in trouble . APC tax machine will visit them for this disclosure.

You don’t pay tax on valuation, you pay tax on profits.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Agric will eventually pick up; though, I know arms and weapons sell well.

What we should even think of is nuclear. We are giants of Africa. At least we use it to power our homes and industries so we can start exporting. Our population is getting too high. Really, most Nigerians are illiterates whether they go to school or not. Cos you find even so called middle age educated couples with 3 girls and they are still trying to get a boy. I dont know why we are like this. And the population in Lagos is just "three" much.

Nigeria or black people generally aren't matured or can be trusted with anything nuclear. They'd turn the continent to a chernobyl.

3 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Oduduwa707: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2021
gambojimeta:
Big boys codedly doing big tins. If na "some people", we no go here word. Instagram would be full of pictures of "some people" oppressing other people in their village grin

Exactly... na dem ways be dat, bro.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Emeka71(m): 6:59am On Oct 15, 2021
Payment gateway.
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Oduduwa707: 7:04am On Oct 15, 2021
But why are they seeking fresh funding from investors when they can organically grow over the course of time? They need to be proven over a time period of which 1 yr is too minimal to be adequately measured.

I don't think it's gonna be a sustainable move. A year of growth isn't enough to command another investment funding request, maybe 3-5 years is more reasonable.

4 Likes

Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by Victorclean1: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2021
klas:

You don’t pay tax on valuation, you pay tax on profits.

So you are saying they they don't make profit abi with such evaluation?
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by ignis: 7:06am On Oct 15, 2021
Good news
Re: Flutterwave In Talks To Triple Valuation To $3 Billion by SmartPolician: 7:12am On Oct 15, 2021
kennethfranc:

Nice development

Second FTC this week... Oluwa abeg make goodies reach my hand � �

How so? Please I want to learn how going to venture capitalists to borrow money is a nice development? undecided

In my opinion, a Nigeria-based unicorn should be more interested in improving its service offerings, growing naturally, and repaying its existing investors. What do they need more money for? undecided

One of the things they'd teach you in business school is that growth MUST planned in a way that it can be managed. If not, it becomes negative growth (a recipe for disaster) and can lead to the end of the company.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photography Business In Nigeria / We Have Disbursed Over ₦117 Billion Loans Since Inception – Fairmoney / Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.