Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome (28044 Views)

China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Multiple Stones Removed From A Lady's Bladder (Graphic Photo) / 4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by Tomzino(m): 7:08am On Oct 16, 2021
It's okay you don't have to be worries about it..... I believe you have a low self esteem based on the size of your Penis.... You need to forget every sound and focus more on urinating..... Your mind needs to be worked on i mean u need to see a counsellor... To help massage your esteem... Try not to think about how people see your penis and what they'll say.... I'm very sure your penis is not as small as you think because you're looking at it frm the top view and you already believe it's small... So even it if increases an inch u won't believe it.... I'm sure you also hate it when someone touches your private part, you like dressing up in seclusion and etc. ...u can message me let's rub minds together. Guys saying he's yet to get to a stage where he can't hold it another symptom of the shy.... Is that the brain sends signals to the penis .... It easily disappears then comes back when I feel you can pee with no one around..
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2021
frozen70:

He said he finds it difficult to pee in the presence of people and the rest, if he is realy pressed, he will wee like every other person by the corner

So if you don't understand my point, then learn how to be polite and not being insultive in your response
no matter how pressed I am, a drop won't come out
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 7:11am On Oct 16, 2021
saintnegroid:
I have the same problem too... I was thinking it's normal
how do you cope with it?
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by rayzar(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
I thought I was the only one experiencing such.

You are not bro, we plenty.
It's called Paruresis

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by dontrulee: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2021
This has always happened to me. No matter how pressed I am, if am about to pee and I hear a person's voice, it will never come out. So I thought it was abnormal and I browsed it online and discovered the condition was called shy bladder syndrome. Mind you, I only urinate once a day no matter the volume of water I drink, my bladder has so much adapted to this situation. Shy bladder syndrome usually happens to people who don't like socializing, introvert people and people who value privacy a lot.

However, there are many ways to overcome this shy bladder syndrome. One is mind control techniques. Another is putting on your earpiece and playing loud musics and closing your eyes so that you'll not see anybody while you're urinating. Another way is by masturbating. After masturbating, the urinary system has a way of trying to cleanse itself so urine must come. The only downside to masturbating is that it can be addictive and may disturb your daily activities and cognitive function if engaged in excess.

In conclusion, shy bladder syndrome is not in any way abnormal, you're very normal. But it can be overcomed gradually.

I also use to have shy bowel syndrome too. So I spend too much time in the toilet. If I am in the toilet and I hear anybody's voice or someone trying to talk to me, all defecation and urination ceases no matter how pressed I am. And because of that, I only defecate at least once in three days. The highest I have gone is once in seven days. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by dontrulee: 7:34am On Oct 16, 2021
rayzar:

You are not bro, we plenty.
It's called Paruresis
I think about 2% of people on earth experience such. No matter how pressed I am, I can't urinate with someone close to me

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by rayzar(m): 7:35am On Oct 16, 2021
holysaint1:
This one no be problem bro...

U never enter pub bus and this kind wicked piss grip u... You no go know when u tell conductor say u don reach ur bus stop.. Only for you to drop down to piss.

I swear nothing go comot, e dey happen to me, after I get privacy to pee, I fit release 2 litres of urine grin
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by dontrulee: 7:36am On Oct 16, 2021
Tomzino:
It's okay you don't have to be worries about it..... I believe you have a low self esteem based on the size of your Penis.... You need to forget every sound and focus more on urinating..... Your mind needs to be worked on i mean u need to see a counsellor... To help massage your esteem... Try not to think about how people see your penis and what they'll say.... I'm very sure your penis is not as small as you think because you're looking at it frm the top view and you already believe it's small... So even it if increases an inch u won't believe it.... I'm sure you also hate it when someone touches your private part, you like dressing up in seclusion and etc. ...u can message me let's rub minds together. Guys saying he's yet to get to a stage where he can't hold it another symptom of the shy.... Is that the brain sends signals to the penis .... It easily disappears then comes back when I feel you can pee with no one around..

Guy, it's not about the size of the pen*s ooo. Although, what you explained can also be a cause. It is mainly psychological

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by dontrulee: 7:38am On Oct 16, 2021
rayzar:

I swear nothing go comot, e dey happen to me, after I get privacy to pee, I fit release 2 litres of urine grin

Same here, if am alone and in privacy, I can urinate for as long as 5 minutes. The highest I have gone is 10 minutes 30 seconds at a stretch.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by rayzar(m): 7:51am On Oct 16, 2021
dontrulee:

Same here, if am alone and in privacy, I can urinate for as long as 5 minutes. The highest I have gone is 10 minutes 30 seconds at a stretch.

Chinsos! 10 Minutes?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by currencyz22: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
I pray it pass away soon, I'm an introvert.
I thought as much, I am too

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by cardoctor(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2021
Shy bladder ke
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by starwiss(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2021
Greenland herbs, we cure 100% long term problems such infertility, low libido, weak erection, penis enlargement, STDs etc. Don't waste your money on fake herbs, try our money back guarantee now and testify here.
call or chat on Whatsapp Greenland herbs 08131505778

1 Share

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by frozen70(f): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
no matter how pressed I am, a drop won't come out

Ohh dear when did this start and at what age

Have you been to the hospital, what's the test results

Pls I am interesting in your health challange and assist where I can
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by TheStakeHolder(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
still learning to live with it, now I drink less fluid.
Don't reduce your fluid intake because of that. Just look for any secluded place to ease yourself. No matter how busy the place is, I always find a place to do my thing. Live with it.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by Rey33: 9:24am On Oct 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....dooh...he clear say you nor dey booze bottle
Because a boozer of bottles won't say this
And you are not the social type...a real niggarrr can't be on the number eight bottles and he will be shy to urinate

The only one way dey do me....na if I visit people and I stay with them for some days then for those few days I nor dey go toilet.....because to poo nor go green hungry me
Yes mee too it happened to me
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by saintnegroid(m): 11:10am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
how do you cope with it?
I am used to it now... I make sure I urinate in my convenience before going out... Once I go out I won't urinate till I get to another convenience no matter how pressed I am. I don't even urinate Infront of my wife to be

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by descarado: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2021
Instead of people to say they have never heard of this and then proceed to learn about it, they are busy disgracing themselves.
I shame for una shame.
Tuah

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by descarado: 11:57am On Oct 16, 2021
pigineng:
I find it difficult and impossible to urinate in public rest rooms, and in the presence of anybody no matter how pressed I am.

It is a social phobia so the root has to be visited for solution to occur. You don't need any medication.
Visit a seasoned physiotherapist at general hospital.
It will take time but as long as the person knows his onions, you will face your demons and win.

Goodluck
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by descarado: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
saintnegroid:
I am used to it now... I make sure I urinate in my convenience before going out... Once I go out I won't urinate till I get to another convenience no matter how pressed I am. I don't even urinate Infront of my wife to be
Don't get used to it at all.

Something happened to you.
Actually, a seasoned therapist will hold hypnotic seasons with you for some time. This will take you back to the cause of this and you will talk about it while in a trance. Or you will write it down. You may need to visit the place for closure.
Goodluck
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by saintnegroid(m): 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2021
descarado:

Don't get used to it at all.

Something happened to you.
Actually, a seasoned therapist will hold hypnotic seasons with you for some time. This will take you back to the cause of this and you will talk about it while in a trance. Or you will write it down. You may need to visit the place for closure.
Goodluck
thank you
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by biolabog(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2021
Try to drink enough water.
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by millionboi(m): 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
Sammiel:
It's better for you to see a doctor because threads with this kind of heading will only attract funny comments from Nairalanders as expected.
see a doctor for what?
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by medexico(m): 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....dooh...he clear say you nor dey booze bottle
Because a boozer of bottles won't say this
And you are not the social type...a real niggarrr can't be on the number eight bottles and he will be shy to urinate

The only one way dey do me....na if I visit people and I stay with them for some days then for those few days I nor dey go toilet.....because to poo nor go green hungry me

I try am one time. I held back for like 3 days but it was overwhelming, I just had to go.
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by champeeon(m): 5:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
It's funny how there at over 4 pages of comments here and most of them are not helpful. People tend to think others experience life the same way they do. Imagine several comments claiming it's because you're not pressed that's why you can't pee.

I do experience this myself but I've never thought it had a name. Reading through WebMD right now, I realized that the condition is more common than I thought. From what I read, about 20 million Americans suffer from the shy bladder syndrome.

I know how it feels. I've beenbin situations where I had to hold myself for more than two hours because it won't just come out. And hey, it has nothing to do with the size of your thing. Believe me.

It is purely a social phobia. Nothing to worry about.

What works for me, however, is closing my eyes and imagining myself peeing whenever I'm around people. Also, one of the common time you'll experience this is when you're traveling. From my last experience, what I did was to sit back in the car and waited for those that have gone to ease themselves. After majority of them came back, I went outside to ease myself and it was very helpful.

I also realized that the more you free your mind and distract yourself from the actual act, you will get better over time.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
dontrulee:
This has always happened to me. No matter how pressed I am, if am about to pee and I hear a person's voice, it will never come out. So I thought it was abnormal and I browsed it online and discovered the condition was called shy bladder syndrome. Mind you, I only urinate once a day no matter the volume of water I drink, my bladder has so much adapted to this situation. Shy bladder syndrome usually happens to people who don't like socializing, introvert people and people who value privacy a lot.

However, there are many ways to overcome this shy bladder syndrome. One is mind control techniques. Another is putting on your earpiece and playing loud musics and closing your eyes so that you'll not see anybody while you're urinating. Another way is by masturbating. After masturbating, the urinary system has a way of trying to cleanse itself so urine must come. The only downside to masturbating is that it can be addictive and may disturb your daily activities and cognitive function if engaged in excess.

In conclusion, shy bladder syndrome is not in any way abnormal, you're very normal. But it can be overcomed gradually.

I also use to have shy bowel syndrome too. So I spend too much time in the toilet. If I am in the toilet and I hear anybody's voice or someone trying to talk to me, all defecation and urination ceases no matter how pressed I am. And because of that, I only defecate at least once in three days. The highest I have gone is once in seven days. Lol
wow, thumbs up bro.
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
frozen70:

Ohh dear when did this start and at what age

Have you been to the hospital, what's the test results

Pls I am interesting in your health challange and assist where I can
my body system mastered it, because I am the shy type.
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2021
TheStakeHolder:
Don't reduce your fluid intake because of that. Just look for any secluded place to ease yourself. No matter how busy the place is, I always find a place to do my thing. Live with it.
ok bro, I was already thinking of reducing my fluid intake.
Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by frozen70(f): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
pigineng:
my body system mastered it, because I am the shy type.

By the grace of God you will overcome it

With time, you will get bold

1 Like

Re: Help! I Have Shy Bladder Syndrome by pigineng(m): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
frozen70:

By the grace of God you will overcome it

With time, you will get bold
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Delta Woman Refuses To Take Her Daughter Without Anus For Surgery. Photos / Can A Girl Get Pregnant During Her Period? / Man Slumps And Dies At A Market In Adamawa State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.