Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English (1368 Views)

Please, How Can I Improve My Spoken English? / How Do I Improve My Spoken English? I Need Your Advice Please!!! / Please How Do I Improve My Grades(cgpa)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by sinkhole: 3:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
nairaman66:

Popular opinion wins. But I have my reservations..

Here are a few nice TV SHOWS!!
let me share my own personal experience with you smiley
I have been listening to BBC radio since SSS1 and I always hear on the radio "gran ju", of course, I could not understand what that really mean, until there was a correspondence and I laid hand on their program schedule and lo and behold, "gran ju" is actually "grand jewel" grin
Another thing I learnt by listening to radio is that, our people in Nigeria, while trying to mimick English speakers, sometimes try to pronounce "water" as "warer", clearly there is nothing like "warer" smiley. What I learnt is that native English speakers such as Scottish people, normally silence the "t", especially when the "t" is in the middle of words! So, they will pronounce "water" as "wa'er" shocked This I learnt by listening to numerous interviews on BBC radio, I have never being to England myself smiley

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by nairaman66(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2021
sinkhole:
let me share my own personal experience with you smiley
I have been listening to BBC radio since SSS1 and I always hear on the radio "gran ju", of course, I could not understand what that really mean, until there was a correspondence and I laid hand on their program schedule and lo and behold, "gran ju" is actually "grand jewel" grin

grin grin. The British accent for you!
Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by descarado: 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Practice, Practice and continue practicing.
Engage in everyday debates with people who has good command of English language eg you can discuss about Nigerian politics presently. Don't be shy.
Even if you make mistake, continue. You don't have to speak like the English people.
Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2021
Easiest ways : Read Novels, Read intellectual comments on Nairaland ( Many Nairalanders sabi Oyibo wella) finally watch cartoons.
Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
I think you should watch alot of talk shows, international news channels, documentaries, cartoons yeah and mimic them, you can easily learn from that.

In my own case, I learnt how to speak good and fluent English because all the schools I attended were all private schools mixed with whites and I watch alot of cartoon and documentaries even up till this moment, just try it and you will see some changes.
Re: Please How Can I Improve My Spoken English by Kylekent59: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
Saneesk:
Nairalanders please i need suggestions as to how i can improve my ospoken English to absolute fluency

Lalasticlala front page please

Start with Hilfren and learn English.

Google them and practise lots of exercises.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Statistic 117 Questions And Answers (no Solving Tho) / Life In Nysc Camp Mangu Plateau State / CUSTECH Courses & Cut-off Mark – 2023 (Uprated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.