Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States (21376 Views)

Governor Wike’s Giant Billboards Spotted In Abuja: Pictures / Photos Of Developmental Strides In Akwa Ibom State / Ugwuanyi’s Giant Strides In Eight Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by ityP(m): 7:39am On Oct 16, 2021
felixnkubi:
are you dumb sha, rivers revenue is bigger than their allocation! Nigerians just like to talk anyhow without researching enough, why do you think wike is asking for more percent of state fund generation

Na quota system cause all these nonsense, no mind them
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Wahalaperson: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2021
ityP:

You don't know what you're saying. Even APC knows the man is doing well. Have you been to Port Harcourt, or you're judging from pictures here?
i have a business POS shop in rumuola operated by a paid workers , have you been to ebonyi compared to how it was, have you seen the state of roads in delta state and yet these governors don't go about making noises and giving their selves names "Mr project", have you seen the infrastructure of zamfara state governor despite the unrest, Please you that stays in rivers state as you claim, tell me the infrastructural strides of wike, I want you to list them here and put me to shame. From what I'm seeing here it would be very long before we get sense for this country.

3 Likes

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by ruggedtimi(m): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2021
tonye33:
Gov Ezenwo Nyesom Wike's giant strides in infrastructural development in Port Harcourt city is a huge legacy to his people, and an envy to other states!
same way he is building two massive private shopping malls in port Harcourt wiith the state government revenue. Any private construction site where Julius berger is in charge, 98% that building is owned by wike.

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by SocialJustice: 7:48am On Oct 16, 2021
seunfly:
I hope it is not one one project u took pictures in several angle?
Na im na, like 2 roads pictures dey there. Nigerian politicians are all useless. No one should try coming out to say they are better than the rest.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Itsrm(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2021
Magabush1:
I stay in portharcourt ,it has not eased the traffic gridlock because all concentration is on major roads only. If he can also do link roads, it will easy the traffic gridlock. Even with the construction of rumuokoro flyover,if u see the holdup in the evenings ,u will be perplexed that the bridge wasnt able to solve the traffic problem. I commend him but let him also work on the link roads to solve the issue of gridlock on the major roads

This is nonsense.

Traffic only happens at rumuokoro in the evening because task force has closed. Those buses start parking anywhere they like and making u-turns where they shouldn't.

Also, there is a minor design flaw in the construction of that flyover where all vehicles have to come under the flyover to turn. This has been corrected in the Rumuola, GRA and CFC flyovers.

Go and see what is happening in Rumuola and Artillery now. Before now, can you pass through Artillery anytime from 5pm?

The flyovers are easing traffic. There is no argument here

4 Likes

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by danilmo: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Perfectbeing:
Let's not even bring Lagos. Let's bring Kano. Can Wike be compared to Kano infrastructure wise?

Same questions I asked my Rivers guy, was like una be mumu o.. person collect money dey litter flyover in PH, for 6years, fiam he is Mr Project.
I said Kano, Bornu gov is dusting ur Governor Wike , let's not even go to Lagos, like what's the economic advantage of the so called flyover ,

I LL rate Udom Emmanuel o we him in South south anyday anytime.

I fact wen it comes to ministry of Transport Lagos who built one flyover is doing better with Intracity Monorail, Water Transportation because that alone will create economy, job opportunity for lagosians and they LL payback btheir loan in no time.

Let's not go to

Housing
Health(enough Gen. Hosp commissioned this year)
Education
Infrastructure in total( Lekki African Deepest deep seaporrt, Imota World large rice mill).
Empowerment programs
Minimum wage(Lagos is 40k), river is still 18k.

I'm now wondering like no wonder Niger Delta is struggling due to the kind of clueless leader they have, one has no reason for liking Wike but how Wike use to give wiked Savage others is his joy..

Bayelsa is another state collecting same as Rivers but still I don't know the explanation to the goverment over there.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by LastProphet: 8:05am On Oct 16, 2021
Hahahaha, so you know kogi is also cursed? Hahahaha I shake my head at Yeye bello the most hopeless youth to ever be lucky to be governor
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by imonisweet(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2021
driand:
Nothing new, so nobody noticed that almost all the pictures are same location, just taken from different angles, plus day and night
I thought I was the only one seeing it ooo
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2021
DemMannaScam:
So na only GRA junction flyover you fit snap?
You took shots from different angles. Wehdone!
Are you saying you are not aware of the road infrastructure in port Harcourt?
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by GeneralPula: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2021
kindlyheart:
go to kano and see world class projects

This is so true..

As for me, Ganduje is the best Gov in Apc..

He really delivered for Kano people, no wonder why they didn’t really react when he got caught on camera..

I have people that do go to the north for Biz. I’ve seen the take pictures..

Forget ham Kano nah beautiful city oo - I’ll visit their someday..
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2021
exsodus:
Funny how an oil generating state celebrates things such as roads and flyovers. No hate intended.
But the same oil generating state do not have such infrastructure before now. Why didn't you point it out then? Ppl like you will always type thrash even if they transform the state to Dubai
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2021
driand:
Nothing new, so nobody noticed that almost all the pictures are same location, just taken from different angles, plus day and night
If you have visited Port Harcourt you will not make this statement.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:24am On Oct 16, 2021
sulaak:

Nigerians are not the smartest they are easily deceived by shiny things.

Lol and you think are the smartest right? Ppl are not commenting base on the pics. If only you have visited PH you will know the reason they are commenting. You cannot sit in your house and assume that you are smart.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:25am On Oct 16, 2021
kindlyheart:
go to kano and see world class projects
It is not a bad thing to have all the states doing world class projects oga. We want in kano Kaduna and all states in Nigeria.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2021
SensualMan1:
Master class structure executed by a 21st century visionary leader.

Unlike Lagos that was underdeveloped by all administration until General Buba Marwa came in, gave the private IGBO billionaires right to invest, ever since then from 1998 igbo billionaires developed Lagos, the Lagos everyone is rushing today started development in 1998 by the igbo billionaires till date.
#FACT
#History
Yet they cannot develop their own states...smh.

2 Likes

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by awumen: 8:27am On Oct 16, 2021
Itsrm:

You said there are no potholes and this is wrong. The slaughter oginigba road is filled with numerous potholes. The others also have potholes here and there.

Go back and check
Oginigba, elekahia, rumuomasi,okporo are well over 14 years project but they are still standing o. You can't compare the quality of Amaechi road to Wike. Wike road projects are poorly designed and built they won't last 5 years. He is over hyped while I agree that he is building few roads, my concern is quality and all rounder impact to development not one sided.
While Amaechi had his own fault like all of us, he was more of an all rounder from education to health to agriculture and human development compare to Wike
Old gra and co are mere facelift/resurfacing. Noting spectacular on Wike projects especially the flyovers, he has killed education,health and related sector of the state.
Do we have employment, are pensioners not crying, is minimum wage paid, where are the health centers where are the model schools?
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2021
MVLOX:
As much as we want to point out the valuable works some Politrickians actually do, we shouldn't go overboard as this is the main reason they were voted into power......
Commend and criticize when necessary. There is no going over board in acknowledging that someone is doing well.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:29am On Oct 16, 2021
mu2sa2:
True, the road infrastructure in Kano is of a higher standard. Wike, the self-styled Mr. project, is just overhyped.
How is it of higher standard? Who is handling the construction project in Kano?
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2021
tamdun:
Wike tried but... I'll still chose Amaechi over him any day, wike is just building flyover in Port Harcourt, nothing special
Atleast he built something. Kindly state why you are choosing Ameachi because that can help us also choose him with you.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:35am On Oct 16, 2021
Sheriman:

Infact, you're blessed. Did you read my mind?? That is just what I wanted to say. Only one bridge but the pictures are taken from different angles and time. Developing a state is beyond constructing only an over head bridge. What about affordable housing units, Government shopping mall, Public garage and parks, metro railway transportation system, construction of more dualize roads all round the state, light up all our Streets and roads, building of emergency centres all around our state high ways, building of more well equipped hospitals, building of modern standard schools in all states LGs with social and educational facilities, underground gutters for erosion to pass, water transportation system, paying our civil servants as at when due, paying our old pensioners their gratuity while alive. government must not let them beg for gratuity, write for gratuity, cry for their pension before being paid, encouraging green energy projects, cleaning of our water ways, encouraging planting of trees in our streets and environment, sponsoring girls child education awareness program, building state library for citizens, affordable loans to whoever wants to start a business or go to farming, building of technology hub and innovation acquisition centres all over the state LGs, establishment of science and technology research centres, always providing maximum security for protection of the people and their property and so on like that. These are all what we need in our states not by only building over head bridges and warehouse they call International airport that littered all the states. How many Nigerians can afford flying around?
Nonsense!!
Is it the responsibility of one governor to build all.that you have mentioned? Government is a continuous process. Let him do his part..lol The next Governor can focus on other areas
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Cognitivereason: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2021
Politics aside.....
Ortom is simply a failure..
Ikpeazu of abia state has more projects than Ortom beat him in development... If am lying.
U just type Ortom's projects and then that of ikpeazu..
Ortom has always been an ortomatic failure
ygowon:
And who told you APC is different from PDP? Stop bringing party things here. Everybody eyes don clear say all the current politicians are the same. If Ortom was in APC now, u would be defending him.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by awumen: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2021
loswhite:
Is it the responsibility of one governor to build all.that you have mentioned? Government is a continuous process. Let him do his part..lol The next Governor can focus on other areas
You are missing the point. The arguement is not if one governor alone should do all, the arguement is quality of project and being a little bit an all rounder governor.
What has happened to the good projects that he met on ground e.g health centers, model schools, internal roads , employment agriculture. He has killed all these sectors forgetting that this is where governance meet the ordinary man not only road constructions.
Na who chop and de alive go use road o
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by loswhite(m): 8:52am On Oct 16, 2021
awumen:

You are missing the point. The arguement is not if one governor alone should do all, the arguement is quality of project and being a little bit an all rounder governor.
What has happened to the good projects that he met on ground e.g health centers, model schools, internal roads , employment agriculture. He has killed all these sectors forgetting that this is where governance meet the ordinary man not only road constructions.
Na who chop and de alive go use road o
What happened to the health centers, model schools? How did he kill the sectors? Maybe you should enlighten us.
The government can create enabling environment for businesses. I never knew the road construction in port Harcourt is done by robots.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by funshint(m): 8:52am On Oct 16, 2021
SensualMan1:
Master class structure executed by a 21st century visionary leader.

Unlike Lagos that was underdeveloped by all administration until General Buba Marwa came in, gave the private IGBO billionaires right to invest, ever since then from 1998 igbo billionaires developed Lagos, the Lagos everyone is rushing today started development in 1998 by the igbo billionaires till date.
#FACT
#History
It's a waste of time replying a fool like you. Yes, Igbo developed Lagos like they developed Abia...mumu!
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by caracas: 8:55am On Oct 16, 2021
KarlWest:
South East are still ranting and have nothing to learn from this.

South East States - The Most Undeveloped State in the World despite their Self Acclaimed - Developer.

Piss!
Funny
Coming from someone that has never been in the SE.
Ebonyi state alone is more developed than the 5 Yoruba states aka.. brown roof republic
Note.... Lagos is a no man's land

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Sheriman(m): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2021
loswhite:

In a sane country that is not riddled with corruption like ours, that have selfless and ceaseless people in government don't be surprised that they can efficiently and effectively provides those projects in a rapid period of time. It's just our President Representatives Governors Senators are not putting our interest at heart. In a sane country where leaders priotise the growth and development of the country and citizens all those development projects will be execute without taking years or excuses like ours in Nigeria where our leaders didn't cherish quality of human life. Our leaders here in Nigeria are so corrupt at the same time lazy to bring about remarkable development. What they know is to receive monthly allocation from Abuja including the internal generated fund use 5% of the money to carried out some sub standard projects make noise with it that they have done excellently well then loot the 95% remaining. When they realise election is approaching they start campaigning again for people to vote them in for second term so that they can finished their imaginary sub standard uncompleted project base on lies. Or is this not the way we had been doing our crook politics since all these years? what have we achieve as a nation since all these years?
All Nigerian politicians can't make heaven. We are generating too much money in this country but they are the only one enjoying it. God go punish all our corrupt and wicked politicians.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Johnnyessence(m): 9:16am On Oct 16, 2021
ityP:

Is Udom a joke to you
both of them are trying in governance but wike is extremely doing well in governance and dividend of democracy to the good people of Rivers State.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Johnnyessence(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2021
tamdun:

Oga infrastructure does not start and end with flyovers,wike isn't the best in South, umahi with little resources did a better job compared to wike
wike is the best so far in southern region. Check his projects in his first term not to talk of second term that he continues to build more infrastructures in Rivers State.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Johnnyessence(m): 9:18am On Oct 16, 2021
Wahalaperson:
but una mumu for this country sha, just one flyover for a state that receives one of the biggest allocations in Nigeria? Compared to kogi, delta, ebonyi ,wike is a failure and one of the worse governors in Nigeria.
wike has over 5 long flyovers in rivers state presently. You better visit rivers state and see things for yourself. Don’t be mumu here ooo
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Johnnyessence(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2021
Tomek09:
[s][/s]
Shut up and stop celebrating mediocrity.

Do you know that an Executive Chairman in Rivers State assess huge funds than some State governors in Nigeria due to huge resources at their disposal as an oil State?

Can you compare this rubbish Tonye posted to massage Wike's ego with what's obtainable in Kano and Kaduna State?

Even Ebonyi with least allocation and FAAC has countless number of solid flyovers will concrete road network connecting different towns and communities. Shame on who posted this rubbish here.

The problem I have with this Rivers State and other NigerDelta people is that they settle and applaud trash whereas they have the resources and wherewithal to demand a better living. Fools that don't know what is beneath the creeks at their backyard.

Crude, nicknamed black gold is found huge in Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States yet their indigenes are feeding from hand to mouth in abject poverty. Nonsensical idiots.

Wike is a tyrant and when I started politics, he is still at the creek looking for crumbs just to feed—Femi Fani Kayode, 2021.
wike is doing the needful in governance. He touched every areas of government. Wike is the best governor so far in southern region of Nigeria.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Buckeyemedia1: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Wike is not called Mr. Project for nothing. But,

Wike's love for flyover is outta this world cheesy
One picture of the same road from different positions & @ different times of the day? Tell or show me one industry he has launched? Mediocre minded Mumus everywhere.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by jimyjames(m): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2021
benuejosh:
Our Ortom is doing great too. Evidence below.

The Ortom has disgraced PDP in Benue. If the Benue populace vote for PDP in 2023 then the juju strong well.

No single project. Absolutely none! At the end of the day he will say it is Fulani herdsmen. As if Zulum is not working. Even Ebonyi and Nassarawa who are our neighbouring states are doing far better than Benue at the moment in terms of Infrastructure.

Any day anyone praises Ortom, ask the person to show JUST ONE project that governor Ortom has done. The person will keep quiet. The man is just a complete failure.

I wonder who do Benue and Kogi this kind thing.

But you are not from Benue na, you are a Fulani man, no Fulani in Benue state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Public Holiday For Buhari: Kogi State Trending On Twitter / Governor Fayemi Denies Attending World Economic Forum In South Africa / US Donates 11 Vehicles To NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.