Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,116 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States (21375 Views)

Governor Wike’s Giant Billboards Spotted In Abuja: Pictures / Photos Of Developmental Strides In Akwa Ibom State / Ugwuanyi’s Giant Strides In Eight Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by frankmoney(m): 9:28am On Oct 16, 2021
Itsrm:

There is no single pothole along the entire ikwerre road from mile 1 to rumuokoro. Thanks to Wike

Stadium road to rupokwu through GU AKE Road used to be a mess with lots of potholes that you need to swerve left and right trying to dodge them. Today you can drive through the road with your eyes closed, it's thanks to Wike

How about the Mummy B road? Have you ever been held in traffic on that road before the dualisation?

How about the roads in GRA? Do you have any idea how Omerelu road used to be?

How about the numerous ongoing projects like the Eastern bypass ogunabali road? The road in front of Cheers bar and Agip Road is being worked on as I type this to get rid of recurring potholes that have since plagued those roads

How about the expansion of rumuokoro - rupokwu road? Have you been to Old GRA recently?

So when you say Wike is just building flyovers and nothing else, even you know you're just lying through your teeth
all you have said is just roads .. development doesn't start and end with road . And you are saying expansion like they added another lane to rumuokoro- rupokwu road
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by frankmoney(m): 9:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Johnnyessence:
wike is the best so far in southern region. Check his projects in his first term not to talk of second term that he continues to build more infrastructures in Rivers State.
which infrastructure ?
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Mack5ive: 9:41am On Oct 16, 2021
[quote author=Johnnyessence post=106780705] wike has over 5 long flyovers in rivers state presently. You better visit rivers state and see things for yourself. Don’t be mumu here ooo[/quote
Buhari is doing wonders too when it comes to infrastructural development ( i call it wonders because we have not seen this level of development in this 6 years of his administration compared to previous years before him ) in Nigeria today but we are still complaining why because issues such as security ( which still remains a major problem in the country), economy ( although the investments in infrastructural development especially if such is being channelled into the power sector will eventually revved up the economy), and corruption still continues to render this country in a very causing untold hardships and pains to the average Nigerians, so good governance is not one sided it touches every aspects of the life of a city that was what made fashola quite unique compared to Ambode who only made infrastructural development his achievements just like wike you are praising to high heavens, fashola transformed Lagos in all ramifications healthcare, education, housing security and very sanitised environment to do business in Lagos.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by pacespot(m): 10:09am On Oct 16, 2021
It looks like this Wike guy has managed to win the hearts of Igbo people again despite his atrocious acts against them in the past especially the obigbo massacre during EndSARS protest being a flashpoint. You can't get in between brothers really
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Feelings79: 10:10am On Oct 16, 2021
Tomek09:

Benue State hasn't been lucky with leadership since 1999. Very useless set of thieves governing the TIV, Igala and Idoma minority tribe state. Too bad. I feel for you and ur people bro grin grin
You get it bro, since 1999.It keep getting worst with every succeeding administration, this explains why Ortom is the worst of them all.No one single project, except one manual borehole that stopped working soon after he commissioned it
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Shikini: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2021
Great !
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by baralatie(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2021
kindlyheart:
go to kano and see world class projects
Yeah the governor tried in those flyovers and road but when I remembered.the insecurity.it just makes no sense
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by baralatie(m): 10:17am On Oct 16, 2021
frankmoney:
all you have said is just roads .. development doesn't start and end with road . And you are saying expansion like they added another lane to rumuokoro- rupokwu road
At least he built the flyover at the rumuokoro junction nau
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Oketwin(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Wike is not called Mr. Project for nothing. But,

Wike's love for flyover is outta this world cheesy
my broda if u stay PH u go understand d importance of flyover
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by baralatie(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2021
Oketwin:
my broda if u stay PH u go understand d importance of flyover
The guy does not understand
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by awumen: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2021
loswhite:
What happened to the health centers, model schools? How did he kill the sectors? Maybe you should enlighten us.
The government can create enabling environment for businesses. I never knew the road construction in port Harcourt is done by robots.
He stopped funding the health centers built across the 23 LGA, he also stopped funding to improve on the model schools, he sacked 10000 teachers employed by the last government (told the teachers to go back to their states if origin,yet till now no one person has been employed), cancelled contracts to cut grasses, pay security staffs of all model schools, cancelled contracts of installation, teaching and repairs of all ICT facilities in model schools, he stopped funding to Shongai farms, a farm that was employing about 500 youths with an existing market to export banana to europe. See I can go on and on with Wike government.
On business environment being enabling,Wike is zero.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by HRMK: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2021
felixnkubi:
are you dumb sha, rivers revenue is bigger than their allocation! Nigerians just like to talk anyhow without researching enough, why do you think wike is asking for more percent of state fund generation
SORRY,I DONT RAISE ISSUES WITH THOSE THAT LACK MANNERS!
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by colestephan86: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2021
tonye33:
Gov Ezenwo Nyesom Wike's giant strides in infrastructural development in Port Harcourt city is a huge legacy to his people, and an envy to other states!
There is nothing exceptional in all these. An exeptional leader is one who is able to lift his people out of poverty and creat jobs .
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by McCoy9067(m): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2021
The bridge builder...
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by otokx(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2021
Mr Projects should do something about the Pensioneers, then he should tackle the refuse situation in Port Harcourt, dumping dustbin in the middle of the road is unbelievable, lastly the soot that is the oga kpatata of them all.

There is quite a lot to be done and yes we commend him for the ones he has started.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Confirmedzombie: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2021
DemMannaScam:
So na only GRA junction flyover you fit snap?
You took shots from different angles. Wehdone!

Only those who do not reside in Port Harcourt will hail wike. Show us Igbo Etche road, other roads in Igbo Etche. Show us the conditions of many street roads across PH.

Wike performed woefully. Only constructing roads anywhere he has properties.

Nonsense post
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Falconx47: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2021
You look at states like Delta & Bayelsa, that receive same jumbo allocations, and you wonder, where's the money? Abia and Imo are not even worth mentioning, what is dead may never die.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by exsodus: 11:27am On Oct 16, 2021
loswhite:
But the same oil generating state do not have such infrastructure before now. Why didn't you point it out then? Ppl like you will always type thrash even if they transform the state to Dubai
These are normal and fundamental amenities, when are we going to break through from this poverty mentality.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by exsodus: 11:29am On Oct 16, 2021
Honestly, it's quite disgraceful to see my country men celebrate little things like this.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by ifiokjohn(m): 11:32am On Oct 16, 2021
Johnnyessence:
wike is doing the needful in governance. He touched every areas of government. Wike is the best governor so far in southern region of Nigeria.
I wonder where you keep Udom Emmanuel of Akwa ibom if you say Will is the best. The only thing u guys post of wike is roads but Udom is an all-rounder... Healthcare, Roads, schools, Industries/factories, etc.. Oga Udom is far better than Wike.

Show me wike Schools,, Factories, Airline,, Hospitals etc ... Udom has that all.
I can bring Illahmoh to come show you pics o. Infact I have some pics of udom factories here

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by seunfly: 11:53am On Oct 16, 2021
ityP:

Una don carry politics and tribalism enter the talk. You don forget say Ogun state na APC state and so far, he is the worst governor in naija. Ironically too, he is a YORUBA man. You desperately want a Yoruba man as President come 2023, but you fail to realize that Zulum of Borno is a northern man, who is doing great works in Borno, despite the challenge of insecurity. See eh, right about now, all I want is for a right thinking man to become president come 2023, be it a northerner or a southerner. I will not vote a demon because I want a southern Presidency; God forbid

Do u read my post very well at all? I will urge u to go back and read it slowly this time around.

Read it like somebody whose mind has not been poluted by tribalism, religious division, ethnocentric hatred and all the norms that has plague today's Nigerian youth.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Igboid: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2021
pacespot:
It looks like this Wike guy has managed to win the hearts of Igbo people again despite his atrocious acts against them in the past especially the obigbo massacre during EndSARS protest being a flashpoint. You can't get in between brothers really

What are you smoking? There is no brotherhood between Ndiigbo and Wike.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by 77up(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
Wike is not called Mr. Project for nothing. But,

Wike's love for flyover is outta this world cheesy
He really try

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by Perfectbeing(m): 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
danilmo:

Same questions I asked my Rivers guy, was like una be mumu o.. person collect money dey litter flyover in PH, for 6years, fiam he is Mr Project.
I said Kano, Bornu gov is dusting ur Governor Wike , let's not even go to Lagos, like what's the economic advantage of the so called flyover ,

I LL rate Udom Emmanuel o we him in South south anyday anytime.

I fact wen it comes to ministry of Transport Lagos who built one flyover is doing better with Intracity Monorail, Water Transportation because that alone will create economy, job opportunity for lagosians and they LL payback btheir loan in no time.

Let's not go to

Housing
Health(enough Gen. Hosp commissioned this year)
Education
Infrastructure in total( Lekki African Deepest deep seaporrt, Imota World large rice mill).
Empowerment programs
Minimum wage(Lagos is 40k), river is still 18k.

I'm now wondering like no wonder Niger Delta is struggling due to the kind of clueless leader they have, one has no reason for liking Wike but how Wike use to give wiked Savage others is his joy..

Bayelsa is another state collecting same as Rivers but still I don't know the explanation to the goverment over there.
Its not surprising. After all James Onanefe is still a hero to many Deltans. South South have mastered the act of blaming the North for their predicament.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by awumen: 1:07pm On Oct 16, 2021
Magabush1:
I stay in portharcourt ,it has not eased the traffic gridlock because all concentration is on major roads only. If he can also do link roads, it will easy the traffic gridlock. Even with the construction of rumuokoro flyover,if u see the holdup in the evenings ,u will be perplexed that the bridge wasnt able to solve the traffic problem. I commend him but let him also work on the link roads to solve the issue of gridlock on the major roads

Exactly one of the points that I earlier raised. All the flyovers are not resolving the traffic gridlock that we used to have, this is as a result of poor designs of sections linking internal roads, internal link roads leading to the flyovers, roundabout, traffic lights and the overhead itself.
This is 21st century,it's not only about doing roads,designs, quality and all effect is needed.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by tamdun: 1:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
loswhite:
Atleast he built something. Kindly state why you are choosing Ameachi because that can help us also choose him with you.
https://www.nairaland.com/6805344/amaechi-miles-apart-wike

Go to that thread and judge

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by galaxy2020(m): 1:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
benuejosh:
guy stop talking nonsense. You don't know anything about Benue please. Don't just open your mouth and say nonsense.
...Stop smoking weed, its bad to you health, who remain for Benue APC? The worst performing party of all time, with a dullad at the helm of affairs.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by GeneralKoko(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
exsodus:
Funny how an oil generating state celebrates things such as roads and flyovers. No hate intended.

No mind these zombies . Woke is the worse thing to happen to Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by ygowon: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2021
Cognitivereason:
Politics aside.....
Ortom is simply a failure..
Ikpeazu of abia state has more projects than Ortom beat him in development... If am lying.
U just type Ortom's projects and then that of ikpeazu..
Ortom has always been an ortomatic failure
All we are asking for is for a new beginning devoid of all the current politicians. All of them a the same, irrespective of the party
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by GeneralKoko(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
Itsrm:

There is no single pothole along the entire ikwerre road from mile 1 to rumuokoro. Thanks to Wike

Stadium road to rupokwu through GU AKE Road used to be a mess with lots of potholes that you need to swerve left and right trying to dodge them. Today you can drive through the road with your eyes closed, it's thanks to Wike

How about the Mummy B road? Have you ever been held in traffic on that road before the dualisation?

How about the roads in GRA? Do you have any idea how Omerelu road used to be?

How about the numerous ongoing projects like the Eastern bypass ogunabali road? The road in front of Cheers bar and Agip Road is being worked on as I type this to get rid of recurring potholes that have since plagued those roads

How about the expansion of rumuokoro - rupokwu road? Have you been to Old GRA recently?

So when you say Wike is just building flyovers and nothing else, even you know you're just lying through your teeth

The resurfacing of ikwerre road was constructed by NDDC not Woke

You should hide your face in Shame
ONELGA , DELGA and other oil producing LGA's have not seen a project since 2015
Andoni , Abua has not seen a project.

Wike is the worse governor in Rivers State History.
Re: Wike's Giant Strides In Infrastructural Development Is An Envy To Other States by pacespot(m): 1:51pm On Oct 16, 2021
Igboid:

What are you smoking? There is no brotherhood between Ndiigbo and Wike.

Then why the bromance between Wike and Igbo recently? Na you dey smoke something, Wike almost got into unknown gunmen victims list when the tension was rife during obigbo massacre as a spillover from EndSARS protest, now Igbo celebrate Wike as the best governor in Nigeria after the VAT saga that he started. It is you people that should check yourself how you forge allegiance in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Public Holiday For Buhari: Kogi State Trending On Twitter / Governor Fayemi Denies Attending World Economic Forum In South Africa / Adesola Amosu Detained By EFCC Over Arms Procurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.