Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Lord God Is No More - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord God Is No More (1512 Views)

Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture / Who Are These Other "Lord" (God) Allah Speak About / How To Wait Upon The Lord God Almighty After You Have Prayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord God Is No More by orisa37: 9:50am On Oct 17, 2021
NO. HE IS VERY MUCH AROUND AND ONLY SEEN BY THOSE WHO KNOW HIM.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by orisa37: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2021
NO. HE IS VERY MUCH AROUND AND ONLY SEEN BY THOSE WHO KNOW HIM.

RIGHT NOW, THE LORDGOD IS IN ALL GALAXIES AND IN OUR OWN SOLAR SYSTEM.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

When you see the Revival, come and call me out.

What do you think of Bro. Gbile Akanni?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Dtruthspeaker: 11:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Ayo081:

What do you think of Bro. Gbile Akanni?

Until you said his name, I really did not hear or know him.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Until you said his name, I really did not hear or know him.

Oh, he's into discipleship.
Holiness preacher.
Doing what revival should be like.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Dtruthspeaker: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2021
Ayo081:

Oh, he's into discipleship.
Holiness preacher.
Doing what revival should be like.

grin He has a star in my book for the fact that I did not hear about him and therefore, I can safely say he is unpopular.

The Narrow Way is Always Unpopular!

1 Like

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Are u an atheist?
Yes.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Truvelisback(m): 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
Yes.
No wonder! Emene Izon ye kinou? Ekpo eni nare tu numu were mi?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Narrow Way is Always Unpopular!
grin
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Dtruthspeaker: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Truvelisback(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
Hello Christians,

The Federal Register wants you to comment on the fact that there is no Lord God any more, and on the species being declared extinct. As in kaput.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/anima...woodpecker

Of course atheists have known that for some time grin
I spoke with u in Ijaw language, it seems u didn't get me. Why did u become an atheist?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:45am On Oct 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
I spoke with u in Ijaw language, it seems u didn't get me. Why did u become an atheist?
LOL. My Ijaw is very rusty. I can hear better than I can read or speak it, so I beg your pardon.

My journey to atheism is a long story I can't really go into now because of my schedule. I'd just say I'm an atheist because Christians have not been able to show me convincing evidence their god is real.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

LOL. My Ijaw is very rusty. I can hear better than I can read or speak it, so I beg your pardon.

My journey to atheism is a long story I can't really go into now because of my schedule. I'd just say I'm an atheist because Christians have not been able to show me convincing evidence their god is real.

Even the Pharisees saw signs and wonders, still they didn't believe.

How much more you.

26 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.

John 10:25‭-‬26 NIV

Many came with signs and wonders in His name but did you believe?

Signs, wonders or research is not enough.

It takes faith.

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

2 This is what the ancients were commended for.

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Hebrews 11:1‭-‬3 NIV

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

Even the Pharisees saw signs and wonders, still they didn't believe.

How much more you.

Many came with signs and wonders in His name but did you believe?

Signs, wonders or research is not enough.

It takes faith.

Tamaratonye5:

This is where religion makes people into irresponsible and illogical creatures, in my opinion of course. I am confident you are a "good" person, and if we encountered each other in person, notwithstanding anything religion, we would probably buy drinks and enjoy a wonderful time together.

But then along comes religion. You advocate fully buying into something, without checking it out. But ask yourself, do you do that in any other aspect of your life? Would you send five million naira to a complete stranger because he says "trust me", in the promise of a ten-fold return? Or buy a house without first having it inspected? Of buy a car without checking out how reliable it is? Would you send your children to a school that you did not check out first? Or cross a major express road without looking both ways?

Please, ponder the folly of accepting anything before some form of validation or examination.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Truvelisback(m): 7:33am On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

What makes u think that God is not real?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 7:46am On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

But ask yourself, do you do that in any other aspect of your life? Would you send five million naira to a complete stranger because he says "trust me", in the promise of a ten-fold return? Or buy a house without first having it inspected? Of buy a car without checking out how reliable it is? Would you send your children to a school that you did not check out first? Or cross a major express road without looking both ways?

Would you trust the quoted with your Mum, Dad or Husband?

God is not a stranger smiley

Never compare Him to Man.

Why not look into reasons why it seems God is a stranger.

And it's in the Bible. Again you need to empty your mind.

No one will give you desired evidence. You have to seek Him.

3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”
Genesis 6:3 NIV

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

Would you trust the quoted with your Mum, Dad or Husband?

God is not a stranger smiley

Never compare Him to Man.

Why not look into reasons why it seems God is a stranger.

And it's in the Bible. Again you need to empty your mind.

No one will give you desired evidence. You have to seek Him.

I'm the last person in the world you want to preach to. You'll find it awfully frustrating. Ask around.

Provide objective evidence for your god, and I'll take you serious.

Good morning.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
What makes u think that God is not real?

I just told you:

Tamaratonye1:

I'd just say I'm an atheist because Christians have not been able to show me convincing evidence their god is real.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Truvelisback(m): 10:44am On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

I just told you:

God is real. I'm still wondering abt the evidence u are seeking. What evidence are u seeking?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

I'm the last person in the world you want to preach to. You'll find it awfully frustrating. Ask around.

Provide objective evidence for your god, and I'll take you serious.

Good morning.

There's is evidence and more importantly, God is willing to reval himself. Evidence with no humility (of heart) will not result in genuine trust and commitment God wants.

God's existence could be basic.

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Isaiah 40:22 NIV

How could a book written by someone who never traveled to the space confirm that the earth is not flat?

Good morning.

Good morning and blessings to you.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by LordReed(m): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

How could a book written by someone who never traveled to the space confirm that the earth is not flat?

Flat earthers claim the Bible says the earth is flat. One of the problems with these holy books is they can be made to give life to any interpretation since there really isn't any arbiter. If your god exists he would make sure there was only a single way the words could be interpreted since he would be the arbiter of it.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Flat earthers claim the Bible says the earth is flat. One of the problems with these holy books is they can be made to give life to any interpretation since there really isn't any arbiter. If your god exists he would make sure there was only a single way the words could be interpreted since he would be the arbiter of it.

He does.

How would one communicate with a spiritual being?

Most people don't read the Holy book how it should.

And God doesn't like that.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

He does.

How would one communicate with a spiritual being?

Most people don't read the Holy book how it should.

And God doesn't like that.

Yet he does nothing about it. What is the difference between a non-existent god and a god that does nothing, no difference.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
God is real. I'm still wondering abt the evidence u are seeking. What evidence are u seeking?
If you want to show atheists proof of a god, then you should be ready to provide empirical, objective and testable evidence. Anything we can examine in shared reality with everyone else (that is, something that everybody can see as well as test, confirm and then contrast or compare their observations)

Any assertion made by anyone about anything must first of all be verifiable in this fashion, in order to be even provisionally accepted as likely to be true. This, at least, might convince me that there is a god that exists.

But that's just the first step. Did you notice how I said "a god in my last sentence? I'm talking of god in the deist concept. Not the Christian god.

If you want to show me that the Christian god exists, then I'm afraid you might have your work cut out for you here.

[1] You may first of all have to show me why your god is real and why you worship it, and why you don't worship any of the thousands of gods in other religions OR why they might not be real

[2] You will have to convince me that your god is worthy of worship because the Bible sure doesn't contain that evidence.

I grew in a Christian home and my parents were staunch fundamentalists. I bet I've read the Bible cover to cover as many more times than you may have, and then some more, and have discussed and studied it extensively. The god of the Bible is a slimy, evil bastard, and even when I believed in him and practiced evangelism, I've always felt something was not quite right with my faith and religion. I suffered cognitive dissonance for years and was convinced I was going to hell because of my constant habit of "Questioning God"

When I read the New Testament I didn't think sarcasm and condescension, two of Jesus' major characteristics, were particularly noble or heavenly. I also realized that substitutionary atonement is a crock of shit. Then I looked at the Christians around me, who were monstrous - hands down the nastiest, self-righteous, ignorant group of people I've ever met - and proud of it.

[3] You'll have to explain all the problems of God as defined by Christianity, Islam et al. These are what ultimately made me abandon religion

The problem of evil, of God's omniscience and free will. Theological fatalism, the problem of God and time, God and logic and many other problems. The problems of the Bible, it's nonsense claims, contradictions, and faux histories demonstrate it is not in any way true, much less divinely inspired. Two contradictory creation tales in Genesis 1 and 2, talking snakes and donkeys. God who is supposedly perfectly good who commands murders, massacres and genocides. Tales which archaeologists have found never happened, it is all false history made up by ancient lying priests. False prophecies galore.

I sincerely don't believe there is a way to save the concept of God. There have been attempts, like Process Theology, and the often bizarre sophisticated Catholic theologians but then God becomes a bizarre shadow of its former self, about as worth worshipping or believing as Santa Claus.

3 Likes

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

Yet he does nothing about it. What is the difference between a non-existent god and a god that does nothing, no difference.

He did

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Revelation 22:18‭-‬19 NIV

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

How could a book written by someone who never traveled to the space confirm that the earth is not flat?.
Errr... A circle is not a sphere. Circles are flat. The author knew no better and described a flat Earth.

Ancient Greeks used a simple experiment to establish that Earth was spherical without traveling into space. Eratosthenes already knew that earth is a ball and was the first to measure it's scope.

The Jewish cosmology saw the earth as a flat disk, with "the pillars of the earth" holding up a "firmament", a sort of dome above, with heavenly realms above that, from which god would be gazing down, with the nether regions of Sheol below. This verse is entirely consistent with that ancient cosmology. As one would expect.

What else have you got?

3 Likes

Re: The Lord God Is No More by LordReed(m): 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

He did

He did not that's why there are over 45,000 Christian denominations worldwide. Your god is as silent as a door post.

1 Like

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Truvelisback(m): 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

If you want to show atheists proof of a god, then you should be ready to provide empirical, objective and testable evidence. Anything we can examine in shared reality with everyone else (that is, something that everybody can see as well as test, confirm and then contrast or compare their observations)

Any assertion made by anyone about anything must first of all be verifiable in this fashion, in order to be even provisionally accepted as likely to be true. This, at least, might convince me that there is a god that exists.

But that's just the first step. Did you notice how I said "a god in my last sentence? I'm talking of god in the deist concept. Not the Christian god.

If you want to show me that the Christian god exists, then I'm afraid you might have your work cut out for you here.

[1] You may first of all have to show me why your god is real and why you worship it, and why you don't worship any of the thousands of gods in other religions OR why they might not be real

[2] You will have to convince me that your god is worthy of worship because the Bible sure doesn't contain that evidence.

I grew in a Christian home and my parents were staunch fundamentalists. I bet I've read the Bible cover to cover as many more times than you may have, and then some more, and have discussed and studied it extensively. The god of the Bible is a slimy, evil bastard, and even when I believed in him and practiced evangelism, I've always felt something was not quite right with my faith and religion. I suffered cognitive dissonance for years and was convinced I was going to hell because of my constant habit of "Questioning God"

When I read the New Testament I didn't think sarcasm and condescension, two of Jesus' major characteristics, were particularly noble or heavenly. I also realized that substitutionary atonement is a crock of shit. Then I looked at the Christians around me, who were monstrous - hands down the nastiest, self-righteous, ignorant group of people I've ever met - and proud of it.

[3] You'll have to explain all the problems of God as defined by Christianity, Islam et al. These are what ultimately made me abandon religion

The problem of evil, of God's omniscience and free will. Theological fatalism, the problem of God and time, God and logic and many other problems. The problems of the Bible, it's nonsense claims, contradictions, and faux histories demonstrate it is not in any way true, much less divinely inspired. Two contradictory creation tales in Genesis 1 and 2, talking snakes and donkeys. God who is supposedly perfectly good who commands murders, massacres and genocides. Tales which archaeologists have found never happened, it is all false history made up by ancient lying priests. False prophecies galore.

I sincerely don't believe there is a way to save the concept of God. There have been attempts, like Process Theology, and the often bizarre sophisticated Catholic theologians but then God becomes a bizarre shadow of its former self, about as worth worshipping or believing as Santa Claus.
Is God responsible for the things u suffered?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Errr... A circle is not a sphere. Circles are flat. The author knew no better and described a flat Earth.

Ancient Greeks used a simple experiment to establish that Earth was spherical without traveling into space. Eratosthenes already knew that earth is a ball and was the first to measure it's scope.

The Jewish cosmology saw the earth as a flat disk, with "the pillars of the earth" holding up a "firmament", a sort of dome above, with heavenly realms above that, from which god would be gazing down, with the nether regions of Sheol below. This verse is entirely consistent with that ancient cosmology. As one would expect.

What else have you got?

The Hebrew word translated as "circle" is chuwg. It translates the concept of something round, rounded, or dome shaped and can be applied to a spherical shape.

What level of objective evidence will you accept?

I perceived that you want just evidences and not experience. Even though many signs exist and I bet you can't experience Mars until you travel there.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
LordReed:

He did not that's why there are over 45,000 Christian denominations worldwide. Your god is as silent as a door post.

lol

I wanted to reply on this properly but I realized you won't believe.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

lol
I wanted to reply on this properly but I realized you won't believe.
They don't know that religion is doing a lot of good for mankind whether false or not!
Without religion the world will not know the relative peace we're having now because there is nothing that says you should have respect for the elders if not RELIGION! cheesy
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:
...If you want to show me that the Christian god exists, then I'm afraid you might have your work cut out for you here.

The Correct Question is "How" a thing exists when you are trying to find out if a thing exist and not "Why" a thing exists which is a question meant for the Creator/Manufacturer of that thing to Answer.

Same for all your other questions of Worship.

Tamaratonye1:

I grew in a Christian home and my parents were staunch fundamentalists. I bet I've read the Bible cover to cover as many more times than you may have, and then some more, and have discussed and studied it extensively. The god of the Bible is a slimy, evil bastard, and even when I believed in him and practiced evangelism, I've always felt something was not quite right with my faith and religion." ...

The bold! And that is a statement No Person who does not believe God exists will ever say, FOR THEIR IS NO ANGER AND PASSION IN DISBELIEF.

JUST AS NO REASONABLE PERSON IS FOREVER ANGRY WITH MACBETH IN SHAKESPEARE'S BOOK MACBETH!

THIS IS PERSONAL GRIEVANCE AND VENDETTA THEREFORE BIAS.

AND THERE IS NO FAIRNESS AND REASONABILITY IN BIAS!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Foods In Goodness,passion,and Ignorance / Is Acceptance of Evolution A Threat To Belief In God - Theism? / Is Being Gay A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.