Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Lord God Is No More - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord God Is No More (1514 Views)

Jesus Is Addressed Also As Lord God Almighty. See Evidence Of Scripture / Who Are These Other "Lord" (God) Allah Speak About / How To Wait Upon The Lord God Almighty After You Have Prayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lord God Is No More by LordReed(m): 5:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

lol

I wanted to reply on this properly but I realized you won't believe.

You have no evidence so you are damn right I won't believe.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

The Hebrew word translated as "circle" is chuwg. It translates the concept of something round, rounded, or dome shaped and can be applied to a spherical shape.
Nope. Chuwg means circle and is referenced to the flat circle of a coin. The Hebrew word for sphere or ball is "dur". Post hoc obfuscation merely implies the text is riddled with errors. Something of a problem if you're claiming it's something that can be relied upon.

Ayo081:

I perceived that you want just evidences and not experience. Even though many signs exist and I bet you can't experience Mars until you travel there.
Errr... I hate to break this to you, Ayo081, but Mars can be seen with the naked eye. I've seen it myself multiple times. If you get hold of a decent telescope you can actually see the markings and colouration of the planet.

Got anything similar for your alleged god?
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
Truvelisback:
Is God responsible for the things u suffered?
I wonder how you arrived at this conclusion from what I wrote. Connect the dots for me if you can.

I suspect you, like some Christians on this thread are not familiar with criticism of fictional literary works. I castigate your god for his actions in the Bible stories as much as I castigate Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter series for his actions in the stories. I can't harbor actual negative emotions towards a fictional character. And until you evidence your god, he remains fictional.
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 7:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
Re: The Lord God Is No More by Ayo081(m): 8:15pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tamaratonye1:

Nope. Chuwg means circle and is referenced to the flat circle of a coin. The Hebrew word for sphere or ball is "dur". Post hoc obfuscation merely implies the text is riddled with errors. Something of a problem if you're claiming it's something that can be relied upon.

Interesting how you kicked the literal meaning out.

Errr... I hate to break this to you, Ayo081, but Mars can be seen with the naked eye. I've seen it myself multiple times. If you get hold of a decent telescope you can actually see the markings and colouration of the planet.

Got anything similar for your alleged god?

Interesting.

But it's not the experience I was referring to.

With your so called decent telescope you might think people who have traveled their are exaggerating or so.

And you'll decline an opportunity to go to Mars because you got a tele.?

More like how you'll see people talk about their encounter or experience with God. It's just a telescope.

Won't you hunger for a real life experience?

Job gat something for you

7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

Job 26:7 NIV

Re: The Lord God Is No More by Tamaratonye1(f): 11:14pm On Oct 18, 2021
Ayo081:

Interesting how you kicked the literal meaning out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_cosmology

Nice try at cooking up excuses. I must say, you're trying really hard, and failing even harder. In any event you have dodged all my points about the Jewish cosmology and the much less-strained way in which chuwg fits that.

Ultimately, what the Hebrews thought is inconsequential. They were nothing exceptional. At all. The Greeks and many other cultures knew it was not flat. Not only that, they calculated rather well it's circumference. Oh, and anyone daft enough to describe space as "like a tent" isn't worth listening to.

Read the link above and see what the Hebrew cosmos looked like. It's nothing like reality. They knew no more, and somewhat less, than other ancient cultures. God flunked geography.

Your god is evidenced no where, and by nothing. The real question is how anyone can buy in to the gods in the face of so much that screams against the concept.

Ayo081:

Interesting.

But it's not the experience I was referring to.

With your so called decent telescope you might think people who have traveled their are exaggerating or so.

And you'll decline an opportunity to go to Mars because you got a tele.?

More like how you'll see people talk about their encounter or experience with God. It's just a telescope.

Won't you hunger for a real life experience?

Job gat something for you

You can quit with the Bible Babble quotes.

[1] You are no Bible scholar. I am. And I'm sure most atheists here are.

[2] I don't care about your learned flights of fancy regarding some Bible Babble verses.

[3] No one has ever been to Mars. So far we've only sent unmanned craft there. I watched the Perseverance landing a few months ago live on the Internet, and it was absolutely wonderful to see how well it played out. And no, I do not want to go to Mars. The atmosphere is thin, it doesn't have the same protections against cosmic rays as afforded us by the Earth's magnetosphere, and there is dust - everywhere. No, I'd rather stay here in my apartment with some dark-roast coffee and my violin.

[4] The "experiences" you claim concerning religion can be seen on MRI and FMRI as your brain lights up, in certain regions, and are nothing but your imagination at work.

[5] What we observe in the universe and reality is exactly what any reasonable person would expect to see if there were no gods. No evidence for them, at all. If you think there is evidence, it's only because you are ignorant of science, and all the ancient cultures that cooked up the gods.

[6] Do you know where the Christian god came from? Yahweh Sabaoth came from Babylon. The 40th (or was it the 70th) son of El Elyon, the chief Babylonian deity. The Bible even says that. Deuteronomy 32:9 "For the Lord’s portion is His people; Jacob (Israel) is the lot of His inheritance.". Read the surrounding verses. It says the "Most High God", apportioned out the nations to all the gods, and Yahweh got Israel. The redactors/editors screwed up royally.

[7] I wonder if you are aware that the book of Job was stolen from Babylonian mythology?

Ludlul bēl nēmeqi ("I Will Praise the Lord of Wisdom"wink, also sometimes known in English as The Poem of the Righteous Sufferer, is a Mesopotamian poem (ANET, pp. 434–437) written in Akkadian that concerns itself with the problem of the unjust suffering of an afflicted man, named Šubši-mašrâ-Šakkan (Shubshi-meshre-Shakkan). The author is tormented, but he does not know why. He has been faithful in all of his duties to the gods. He speculates that perhaps what is good to man is evil to the gods and vice versa. He is ultimately delivered from his sufferings.[1] It is thought to have been composed during the reign of Kassite king of Babylon Nazi-Maruttaš (ca. 1307–1282 BC), who is mentioned on line 105 of tablet IV.

There is little that is actually new in the Old Testament. The Mesopotamians should get credit for most of it.

[8] The verse you quote also gets cosmology wrong. The earth isn't "suspended over nothing". It isn't "suspended" at all. It's firmly held in place by gravity. Gravity is one of, if not the most powerful force in the universe. Without gravity holding the earth in place there would be no planets or stars. Nothing would orbit. The universe probably wouldn't exist. But the biblical writers had no idea gravity existed so they wrote that the earth was simply "suspended over nothing". Laughable stuff you have in your old book.

[9] Someone with even a 6th grade knowledge of debate, knows you have to demonstrate your claimed reality is real, and have something in common with those you debate. You failed on every level. I don't accept your Bible Babble as authoritative. You have not even begun to demonstrate that. You have provided nothing to demonstrate your deity exists. Quoting lines from an ancient set of text does not cut it. I get that's about all you know how to do. I already told you your preaching to me is futile but it seems you're a glutton for punishment.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Michael Will Save Nigeria From Famine & Global Socioeconomic & Political Turmoil / Contradictions In The Bible / Help: Am Loosing My Fiance To A Genera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.