Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,450 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi (21114 Views)

Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players / Photos Of Mohammed Salah Working Very Hard To See That He Starts Egypt 1st Game / Mohammed Salah Arrives Russia For World Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Mangekyo: 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2021
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says, on current form, Mohamed Salah is the best player in the world after the Egyptian shone in Saturday's 5-0 win over Watford.

After scoring one of the most memorable goals of recent years in the draw with Manchester City two weeks ago, Salah was at it again at Vicarage Road, scoring a breathtaking effort and setting up two other goals in the 5-0 win over Watford.

Klopp was in no mood for dampening down the praise afforded to Salah, calling him the best player in the world.

He told BT Sport: "His performance was massive today. The pass for the first goal was great and the second goal was special. He is top. We all see it. Who is better than him? We don't have to talk about what Messi and Ronaldo have done for world football and their dominance. But right now, he is the best."

When asked for his assessment of the overall performance, Klopp added: "It was good! I cannot say differently. After the international break, it is hard to find the rhythm after playing different systems, but the boys were so good despite only having one session before today. I think Watford had ideas, but we didn't let them play. The goals were really brilliant, there was great attitude, energy and character."

Klopp even suggested that there could be more to come from his Egyptian star.

He added: "He is in his age where you can still improve, and he's doing that constantly. You saw the first goal that he set up for Sadio today, that is an outstanding pass. He brought that, I don't know, from the summer break. After that, he started doing these kinds of things.

"How I said, we don't have hours and hours and hours to train different things. But the boys improve their game by themselves. The consistency he delivers, all this kind of stuff, maybe people just now start seeing it - it was always there. He plays for us for five years now but it's absolutely incredible the way he performs since he's here.

"He's in the top, top five since he is at Liverpool pretty much. And now he is the best in that moment. The big thing between Cristiano and Messi was that nobody had a doubt about it for years, but Mo is already on the top level for years as well and there's still a lot to come from him because of his desire. He just wants to perform on a top-class level."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12435170/mohamed-salah-better-than-cristiano-ronaldo-and-lionel-messi-says-liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Great100000: 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2021
Presently Yes because he is on form right....

167 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by WibusJaga: 9:30pm On Oct 16, 2021

I take this as normal praise singing from a coach to his star player.
Who no go say him mama soup sweet pass.

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Nbotee(m): 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2021
Based on current form Yes he is

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by paulolee(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2021
simply because he is on form BT make e no over noise am..
when talking about form n goals oals, sallah have done nothing wen comparing to wat lewandoski BT DM no de blow lewa trumpet..
lewa av shattered so many goal records n avnt heard bayern coach or German player said "on current form lewa is d best",
sallah is currently a hot asset bt "consistency" is wat made cr7 n messi aliens bcoz dey have done more than this sallah form for more than a decade which is almost impossible for other players..

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by paulolee(m): 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2021
Great100000:
Presently Yes because he is on form right....
sure...DTS why dey say "form is temporary but class is permanent"
its funny bringing sallah into messi n cr7 debate because sallah havnt even finished a season with thia current form
DTS d same mistake british media made wen de started hyping d good form of kane wen he did 50+ calender goals a season n dey said he is d latest goal machine bt kane never reached dt peak again
same with pep talking sterling with d likes of cr7 n messi wen sterling was on form but we all know how it ended
my point is dt, coaches can hype their inform players without involving messi n cr7, those guys are aliens n should b given respect bcox dey av mad d bar too high for other players..
am not surprised bcoz human gat short memory..

57 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by unbitchable(m): 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2021
Mo Sallah is a low budget Messi. He has similar skills, dribbles, assists and scores sweet goals as Messi although technically far behind Messi but in all honesty, Salah is currently better than the old fraud in all areas. The old fraud is almost finished.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by MangekyoAlt: 10:42pm On Oct 16, 2021
Salah has been better than Ronaldo in the last 3 years.
The man isn't getting the hype he ought to be getting simply because he isn't from Britain.
Also, Liverpool no sabi hype their player.

Salah >> Messi >> Pendu

Based on current form

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Kingcalls: 11:11pm On Oct 16, 2021
Salah is 29 , in a better team and a world class coach ...Ronaldo will be 37 in 3 months time , and being coached by a rookie for the past 2 years ... how can ole not play to his strength... someone is is so brutal in the air and they dont make crosses into the box

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by CountVersailles(f): 5:30am On Oct 17, 2021
That first pass to Mane came from somewhere godly. I put that thing on repeat for 20 hours. grin
That pass was just something else. Perhaps only De Bruyne can pass like that. I don't even think Messi can give that kind of pass.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by mocipe: 5:30am On Oct 17, 2021
Now or then?

Messi I think is still good only goal draught. But CBoy and CMan, him own na him worse.

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Damidave1124(m): 5:31am On Oct 17, 2021
Headline can be deceiving at times though, I rushed to book a space just to blast him, but when I read the write up, I can categorically say he's right to some extent cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Befii: 5:31am On Oct 17, 2021
E no concern me

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by teemanbastos(m): 5:32am On Oct 17, 2021
He's been delivering steady on my fpl wink

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 17, 2021
Well considering Messi and Ronaldo are in their twilight years, and not as spectacular as they once were, it is an unfair comparison

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Bigchristo: 5:33am On Oct 17, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by lordkrys(m): 5:33am On Oct 17, 2021
This hype no be here oh. But In another sense he actually said current forms.
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Tifesingz: 5:33am On Oct 17, 2021
No be you go tell us Oga KLOPP
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by kenbee(f): 5:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Attention Seeker

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Authoreety: 5:37am On Oct 17, 2021
OK.. Next
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by yenereal(m): 5:40am On Oct 17, 2021
grin
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Giltexo: 5:40am On Oct 17, 2021
But he couldn't perform at Stamford bridge...seems we can buy him back like lukaku ..to kill the career
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by MadamVanessa(f): 5:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Salah can be better than Ronaldo, but Salah is not anything close to LEGENDARY MESSI mbok. Infact let me not be biased here, Salah is not even close to Ronaldo mbok.

Salah only excell in club level, but in country Salah is shit but both Ronaldo and Messi did wonders in both clubs and in country .

It's an insult for Klopp to say that rubbish.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by fourboys: 5:44am On Oct 17, 2021
grin grin
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by ThierryJay: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Well maybe better than Messi for the past 2 months, but from Jan - August Messi was better. But personally, if given a choice between Salah and CR at any point in time this year, would definitely go for Salah.

This is why I tell all those Pendu fans that quality of goals and assists matter when assessing how good a player is but they'd be deceiving themselves that penalty and solo goal are the same just to favour Ronaldo. It's Firmino that scored a hattrick of tap-ins, but everyone is talking about Salah's wonder goal and assist. This is very clear and I consider such peeps as dimwits who know nothing about football.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by fourboys: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Kingcalls:
Salah is 29 , in a better team and a world class coach ...Ronaldo will be 37 in 3 months time , and being coached by a rookie for the past 2 years ... how can ole not play to his strength... someone is is so brutal in the air and they dont make crosses into the box
it's hard to believe but Salah is better now bro calm down

4 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by handsomeyinka(m): 5:50am On Oct 17, 2021
The moment klopp enters his dressing room.

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by elpochas: 5:50am On Oct 17, 2021
Based on current form Salah is the best player in the World right now.He has been freaking consitent since he came to Liverpool.He scores against both the big and small teams.

3 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by elmessiahs(m): 5:54am On Oct 17, 2021
Obviously, Salah is doing great but definitely not better than the world's best Lionel Messi or even Ronaldo

7 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by Sonnobax15(m): 5:56am On Oct 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Jurgen Klopp Insists Mohammed Salah Is Better Than Ronaldo & Messi by AljaanIVQ007(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2021
CountVersailles:
That first pass to Mane came from somewhere godly. I put that thing on repeat for 20 hours. grin
That pass was just something else. Perhaps only De Bruyne can pass like that. I don't even think Messi can give that kind of pass.

Humans easily forget the miracles you do for them,just like the Isrealites worshipped an idol despite God's miracles.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham Banned From Driving For 6 Months For Using Cell Phone Behind Wheel / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso: All Africa Games Today At 4:30pm / Nairaland Fantasy World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.