Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise (31418 Views)

AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by zmanto(m): 7:56am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:
Nobody expected Naira to rise just by shutting AbokiFX down. If you believed that, you are either ignorant, mischievous or just a victim of picking common thoughts on the street.

For Naira to rise, we need to manufacture and export. Reduce imports drastically and reduce our reliance on dollars then the basic Economics of Demand and Supply will kick in on the price.

The problem AbokiFX bring is speculation issues. it is one of the problems and others would be tackled accordingly. There are about 7 other reasons to be tackled.
1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
6. Political and stability of performance.
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

If you observe the list closely you will discover that the Govt's failure is responsible for majority of them and that is why there is no hope anytime soon. The decision which is a right decision no doubt, at best took care of only item 8. the 7 other monsters must be dealt with.

Many people asked several questions around where AbokiFX get their data from. There was no sensible answer.

Also a lot of people rely on AbokiFX to make decisions on how much they will buy or sell their dollars so let us take an example.

If AbokiFX continues operations and all of a sudden post #750 to 1 dollar (recall we don't have any logic behind the price they post), thousands of people who use AbokiFX to av an idea of how much they will sell will definitely not sell at 450 right ?

Even if people say they are mad, they will not sell cos they believed if AbokiFX says 750, it is likely close. The refusal to sell automatically impacts supply while the demand for dollars keep going up, price will definitely rise at a rate not steady.

Please note that this is highly intellectual. I will try and reply every mention.

If u don't understand, I can forgive you but if your response is only insult because it is too much for your capacity to think, i can also forgive you but will likely ignore you.

I agree it is not every time posts would be interesting like Squid Game or Tonto Dike vs Kpopo.

these are all fact in which I encourage people to always use in their arguments. Thank God we still have people like you.

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by BreakingNews21: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2021
The Central Bank Governor recently addressed the macro economic issue at a financial conference in New York.

https://www.nairaland.com/6805049/dangote-refinery-save-nigeria-up

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by egoldman(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Tull tomorrow, I still do not understand what Emiefele was trying to do here..
embarassed

Ikegwuru
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by egoldman(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2021
Before the Abokifx site was launched, was naira doing well?
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by AntiWailer: 8:02am On Oct 17, 2021
egoldman:

Nonsense.

Yes to the senseless.

Especially one that lacks capacity to think and have a meaningful and logical discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by alizma: 8:02am On Oct 17, 2021
Theunbothered:

All these foolish people supporting nonsense how far?
If there is anyone who is foolish here, you are the one. Were you following the fall of the naira before abokifx was stopped from daily publishing, are you in a business that has direct impact of exchange rate(dollar), If yes, how many times have you had the cause to increase your price due to dollar increase since abokifx was stopped from publishing black market rate?
The problem with you guys is that you talk when you are supposed to be listening and learning.
First of all, let me tell you that naira has recovered a little on the black market where abokifx was actively and "ignorantly" stirring the tide against the naira.
Secondly, if the CBN had allowed abokifx to continue the way it was operating, we would have been talking about $1 to 1k by now.
Thirdly, as at the time abokifx was stopped, prices of goods with direct dollar rate effect were increasing on daily basis due to daily increase in the rate as published by abokifx but in the last two, three weeks ago I don't think those importing goods have had reason to increase their prices on the bases of dollar rate but rather, people have adjusted their prices downwards. I am speaking from experience and now I will like you to sincerely and honorably answer the first two questions I asked you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Oyiboman69: 8:03am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

I agree with you and i stated it clearly. The Govt's failure is largely responsible.

My only thinking is that if a lot of things is causing a problem, taking 1 out is a step in the right direction.
and they have just realized the first problem out of your 8 listed problem after six years ...how I wish all of us can be true to ourselves,the world would have been a better place.

I enjoyed your first analysis...not the part where you're being partizan though....

2 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by atheistandproud(m): 8:03am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:
Nobody expected Naira to rise just by shutting AbokiFX down. If you believed that, you are either ignorant, mischievous or just a victim of picking common thoughts on the street.

For Naira to rise, we need to manufacture and export. Reduce imports drastically and reduce our reliance on dollars then the basic Economics of Demand and Supply will kick in on the price.

The problem AbokiFX bring is speculation issues. it is one of the problems and others would be tackled accordingly. There are about 7 other reasons to be tackled.
1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

If you observe the list closely you will discover that the Govt's failure is responsible for majority of them and that is why there is no hope anytime soon. The decision which is a right decision no doubt, at best took care of only item 8. the 7 other monsters must be dealt with.

Many people asked several questions around where AbokiFX get their data from. There was no sensible answer.

Also a lot of people rely on AbokiFX to make decisions on how much they will buy or sell their dollars so let us take an example.

If AbokiFX continues operations and all of a sudden post #750 to 1 dollar (recall we don't have any logic behind the price they post), thousands of people who use AbokiFX to av an idea of how much they will sell will definitely not sell at 450 right ?

Even if people say they are mad, they will not sell cos they believed if AbokiFX says 750, it is likely close. The refusal to sell automatically impacts supply while the demand for dollars keep going up, price will definitely rise at a rate not steady.

Please note that this is highly intellectual. I will try and reply every mention.

If u don't understand, I can forgive you but if your response is only insult because it is too much for your capacity to think, i can also forgive you but will likely ignore you.

I agree it is not every time posts would be interesting like Squid Game or Tonto Dike vs Kpopo.

You have sense bro. Too much wisdom.

It's great to see intelligent Nigerians. We're becoming an endangered species.

The rest only care about drama, gossip and BBNaija.

4 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by egoldman(m): 8:04am On Oct 17, 2021
Baawaa:
Aboki had finished Nigeria

Don't make fool of yourself.
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by AntiWailer: 8:05am On Oct 17, 2021
Oyiboman69:
and they have just realized the first problem out of your 8 listed problem after six years ...how I wish all of us can be true to ourselves,the world would have been a better place.

I enjoyed your first analysis...not the part where you're being partizan though....

Nothing partisan i have mentioned that the Government is majorly responsible, i will like to know the partisan part of my submission.
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by palsenator(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

You did write well and stated the obvious. Shutting down abokifx is not totally a bad one but truste, the government made that to prosper for too long.

There are other fundamental issues that the government has not solution to , they are only venting their anger on abokifx as if he is the one responsible for our whole naira fall.

Trust me, when the government allows exportation and diversify the economy from the petrol Dollar economy, that's when the naira strength can truly begin. The government intervention in the currency war hasn't been helpful as well because in a saner clime, demand and supply are actually the real measure of any currency determinant.

You have done justice by listing other problems in your comment and I like the fact that speculation was placed at the lowest. If you have followed abokifx for long, and the current exchange rate, you will discover that he just wasn't fixing price as if he is the lord of price.. It is the price from the street. Don't get me wrong here, I know what speculation does to any currency because I have been trading forex for over 10 years and it is a speculative market.

What I am submitting right now is that the government should channel the energy being used to bring up unnecessary policies to creating more avenues for us to earn in dollars as a nation.

Secondly, the government intervention should be totally limited and allow D and S laws to take charge.

Thirdly,we saw how the naira fell last week despite the fixed rate on I&E window to about 1$ to 422 from 411 and this goes to show that the problem is more fundamental than speculation. We need to close this window and make it non profitable to those that make fortune from the speculative market and how do we do that? We need to go the ways I listed above.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by alphaNomega: 8:08am On Oct 17, 2021
EdiskyHarry:
One funny thing about Nigeria is that we know the true cause of a problem but we will choose to tackle less important ones that doesn't even follow.
Abokifx can never be the reason Niara is going down every seconds.
If abokiFx posts N1000/$ and bank rate is N422/$, what rate would you use for your transactions?
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by egoldman(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

Yes to the senseless.

Especially one that lacks capacity to think and have a meaningful and logical discussion.

That someone living in the UK collects info from the black market and official market, then publish all this information on his website is the reason for the largest economy in Africa to be having scarcity of dollars is senseless, you get it now? This is your idea of meaningful and logical discussion?Mbanu I rather discuss with kids.

2 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by c900: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2021
Dollar will continue to rise because the dollar coming in its only 30percent of what's needed to pay for importation.
Even if Dangote start refinery, dollar will still continue to go up. Only 2 things will help Nigeria.
1. 24hrs light
2. Production.

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Oyiboman69: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2021
alizma:

If there is anyone who is foolish here, you are the one. Were you following the fall of the naira before abokifx was stopped from daily publishing, are you in a business that has direct impact of exchange rate(dollar), If yes, how many times have you had the cause to increase your price due to dollar increase since abokifx was stopped from publishing black market rate?
The problem with you guys is that you talk when you are supposed to be listening and learning.
First of all, let me tell you that naira has recovered a little on the black market where abokifx was actively and "ignorantly" stirring the tide against the naira.
Secondly, if the CBN had allowed abokifx to continue the way it was operating, we would have been talking about $1 to 1k by now.
Thirdly, as at the time abokifx was stopped, prices of goods with direct dollar rate effect were increasing on daily basis due to daily increase in the rate as published by abokifx but in the last two, three weeks ago I don't think those importing goods have had reason to increase their prices on the bases of dollar rate but rather, people have adjusted their prices downwards. I am speaking from experience and now I will like you to sincerely and honorably answer the first two questions I asked you.
hoax...not in line with reality, and that's why we're still here today.

I will liked you to state the current economical situation of the country,whether it is conducive or not,then I'll see any reasons reason to believe you,however small it may be.
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by HIPROFILE(m): 8:12am On Oct 17, 2021
Northerners are smart in politics no doubt but so so dumb with high level of gross illiteracy on other matters. That is why its always a colossal failure anytime they rule.

Check out the performance of many of the northern Governors.
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by AntiWailer: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2021
egoldman:

That someone living in the UK collects info from the black market and official market, then publish all this information on his website is the reason for the largest economy in Africa to be having scarcity of dollars is senseless, you get it now? This is your idea of meaningful and logical discussion?Mbanu I rather discuss with kids.

You are still not making sense.

People with higher intellectual capacity grabbed the message.

I already put the disclaimer that is not meant for low profile thinkers like you.

3 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Shikini: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2021
Buhari is too dumb
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by egoldman(m): 8:28am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

You are still not making sense.

People with higher intellectual capacity grabbed the message.

I already put the disclaimer that is not meant for low profile thinkers like you.

So much your so-called "intellectual capacity"
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by namo77: 8:33am On Oct 17, 2021
Lol... We're you expecting it to rise before?
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Mubby4luv(m): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

For Naira to rise, we need to manufacture and export. Reduce imports drastically and reduce our reliance on dollars then the basic Economics of Demand and Supply will kick in on the price. Give this man minister of finance already

1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by namo77: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2021
alphaNomega:
If abokiFx posts N1000/$ and bank rate is N422/$, what rate would you use for your transactions?

Abokifx does not manufacture the rates posted... They get the rates from banks and bdcs....

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by erico2k2(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

AboliFX stated clearly the mechanism by which its price is determined, If you go back and read their submission. Besides ABokiFx just dnt do Nigeria, they cover loads of other currency. And I also I can categorically tell you I have always posted money to Nigeria from the Uk above abokiFX rates,
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by erico2k2(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2021
namo77:

Abokifx does not manufacture the rates posted... They get the rates from banks and bdcs....

Thank you very much !this is the truth of the matter

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Feelings79: 8:43am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

Kindly accept my gratitude for such an intelligent and brilliant analysis.One more thing Sir,why are obviously poorer African nations like Zambia and others doing far better than us in this Forex thing?I mean we are a huge exporter of gas and crude(whose prices are currentlyrising),something which they can't boast of.Also think of our huge diaspora population and their remittances.Talking about our massive imports,those countries are equally import dependent too....

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by mightyhaze: 8:45am On Oct 17, 2021
Adlac:

I can't agreed less the dollar by today would have scarocated to all time high above the current rate. The shut down was able to stop further damage to the Naira.

Little wonder where Abokifx gets it's data. Let him tell us the parameters use, so then we can believe is isn't speculation.

skyrocketed
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by fkj950ax(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Esseite:

Because of a mis-spell from a graphic artist, does that mean he is incapable?

Nigeria has Buhari as President today because of mediocre outputs.
You cannot seek such position and graphic artists are putting out content on your behalf with typos. Its your mess, not the graphic artist. That is what cost Longe of First Bank his job with the I.I.L Loan.

2 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2021
egoldman:

Don't even bother with that guy, he has no clue, however the worrying factor is the Minister of finance and CBN govt belong to that school of thought!

2 Likes

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2021
anorexicmuster:
And we still aren't earning enough forex.

Lipstick on a pig is still lipstick on a pig
teach me
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

1. Inflation rate.
2. Interest rate.
3. trade balance.
4. Government debt
5. Terms of trade
7. Recession
8. Speculations.

the said issue is not only the Abokifx point of view when GLJ was president we where not that good in export yet the exchange Rate was in a model form i feel this buhari government has scared alot investors and not only that the CBN governor has laps in the doing the right thing first we need more involvement of economist to handle the free follow of the said exchange rate and media hyping too needs to be involve to recreate a stable naira

1 Like

Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by Nukilia: 8:58am On Oct 17, 2021
AntiWailer:

May your days be long. Criminals hiding in UK and sabotaging Nigeria's economy must be tried for treason and locked up for a long time so as to serve as deterrent to others. I love your simple analysis!
Re: One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise by emdis: 9:00am On Oct 17, 2021
Is this man not an ibo man??
Matheusmartin:
Tull tomorrow, I still do not understand what Emiefele was trying to do here..
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UBA Sets International Spending Limit To $20 Per Month / How Much Is BUA Cement In Your Area? / CBN Sells Dollars To Banks For First Time In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.