Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

When Christians Call Us Illogical - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Christians Call Us Illogical (777 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical? / Do You Know that Atheists/Non-Christians Call Jesus Lord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:07am On Oct 17, 2021
Christians calls atheists and agnostics illogical, then proceed to:
*Believe in talking snakes.
*Believe in talking donkeys.
*Believe in a tower built to reach God.
*Believe in a global flood and only one boat survived through it.
*Believe in virgin birth
*Believe in a man living up to 900 years.
*Believe in demons.
*Believe in a river that once you are dipped into it , you are instantly healed as long as you were dipped when angels were stirring it.
*Believe in demons sleeping with women.
*Believe in an actual dead person waking up days later.
*Believe in three men that survived being thrown in a furnace.
*Believe in sticks turning to snakes and vice versa.
*Believe that diseases have supernatural causes.
*Believe in an ocean straight up dividing.

I'm not saying the folks who wrote the books in the Bible, were dumbasses. In fact, I acknowledge that there were intelligent philosophers who lived at those times. However, we must acknowledge that these stories were written at a time when superstitious beliefs were a norm. People shared stories and legends to help cope with uncertainty. Most of these stories were exaggerated. I'm not saying that a Jesus never existed. I think Jesus was an actual human being, but when it comes to be stories shared about him, that is where the skepticism kicks in. Jesus was likely a Jewish preacher who did normal Jewish things, He had lots of followers, He probably got into trouble with the authorities, and was crucified. His followers probably genuinely believed that He would rise from the dead after three days. After his death, his followers started a cult based off of him. They shared stories about him and his origins. A lot of these stories were likely exxagerated and just hearsay. Then along came Paul, this cult gained social acceptance, it will eventually evolve into a religion known as Christianity. The same thing applies to Prophet Muhammed, I think He was an actual human being, but the stories shared about him are most likely mythical.

Why don't snakes talk anymore or why doesn't food fall from the sky? A lot of people take this stories as literal historical events. Meanwhile, judging from the stories and the times they were told, it is blatant obvious that these stories were...idk...just stories. Some elements of it were borrowed from other cultures and passed down from generation to generation before it was eventually written down.

These stories are also present in other religions (like Adam and Eve, Noah's ark). Every region of the world have a particular set of stories that are peculiar to that region. The stories in the Bible, Torah and Qur'an were peculiar to the middle east. The Bible, Torah and Qur'an are a collection of aging stories, foundational myths, wisdom, great poetry and half-truths.

So next time, someone tells you He is an unbeliever. Don't think He is trying to act "cool" or something. He is just accepting reality - there is very little evidence to back up your claims. If you want to change the mind of an atheist or agnostic, you have to present evidence. For example, there are hundreds of creation stories out there. Why should an unbeliever ignore all those stories and accept yours as true even though you have provided no evidence for your claim. You even threaten those who don't believe with the idea of hell - which again, you have no evidence for.

The idea of a god/supreme being is perfectly fine. However the idea of religion (aka God's fanbase) is just ridiculous. If there are gods out there, then the idea of religions must be an insult to them, because it is obvious that religions are man made. Religions come and go. Christianity won't be here forever. Eventually it will fall out of popularity, become the minority and something else will take over. At some point in time, that "something else" will get replaced by another "something else". Religions don't last forever.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2021
Happy Sunday grin grin grin
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2021
Honestly you don't know what you are talking about, neither do most Christians, pastors inclusive.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by BBBmall25: 7:19am On Oct 17, 2021
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2021
Proudlyngwa:
Honestly you don't know what you are talking about, neither do most Christians, pastors inclusive.
Wdym
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by illicit(m): 7:22am On Oct 17, 2021
You are welcome
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:24am On Oct 17, 2021
This Op is a confused retàrd . You believe Jesus existed , yet you don't believe that Jesus believed in the bible that has all those "fairy tales ", abi ? Nonsense undecided
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:25am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
This Op is a confused retàrd . You believe Jesus existed , yet you don't believe that Jesus believed in the bible that has all those "fairy tales ", abi ? Nonsense undecided

You don't understand.

My position is that a Jesus existed.
However the stories shared about him are most likely mythical.

Oga just because you exist doesn't mean the stories I share about you are true.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:27am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Wdym
Talking about talking snakes proves you have no idea about your own topic.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Talking about talking snakes proves you have no idea about your own topic.

Oh, Satan possessing a snake, lol

So why doesn't it happen again?

Wasn't a talking snake mentioned in Genesis?

What is the likelihood that it's a myth?

Why do you regard the stories in Christianity and disregard others of the the same nature in other religions.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:

Please don't call me a rétard.

1 Like

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Abitolola: 7:30am On Oct 17, 2021
Welldone, but here you are preaching and evangelizing your atheists' philosophy.

Lizlee:
Christians calls atheists and agnostics illogical, then proceed to:
*Believe in talking snakes.
*Believe in talking donkeys.
*Believe in a tower built to reach God.
*Believe in a global flood and only one boat survived through it.
*Believe in virgin birth
*Believe in a man living up to 900 years.
*Believe in demons.
*Believe in a river that once you are dipped into it , you are instantly healed as long as you were dipped when angels were stirring it.
*Believe in demons sleeping with women.
*Believe in an actual dead person waking up days later.
*Believe in three men that survived being thrown in a furnace.
*Believe in sticks turning to snakes and vice versa.
*Believe that diseases have supernatural causes.
*Believe in an ocean straight up dividing.

I'm not saying the folks who wrote the books in the Bible, were dumbasses. In fact, I acknowledge that there were intelligent philosophers who lived at those times. However, we must acknowledge that these stories were written at a time when superstitious beliefs were a norm. People shared stories and legends to help cope with uncertainty. Most of these stories were exaggerated. I'm not saying that a Jesus never existed. I think Jesus was an actual human being, but when it comes to be stories shared about him, that is where the skepticism kicks in. Jesus was likely a Jewish preacher who did normal Jewish things, He had lots of followers, He probably got into trouble with the authorities, and was crucified. His followers probably genuinely believed that He would rise from the dead after three days. After his death, his followers started a cult based off of him. They shared stories about him and his origins. A lot of these stories were likely exxagerated and just hearsay. Then along came Paul, this cult gained social acceptance, it will eventually evolve into a religion known as Christianity. The same thing applies to Prophet Muhammed, I think He was an actual human being, but the stories shared about him are most likely mythical.

Why don't snakes talk anymore or why doesn't food fall from the sky? A lot of people take this stories as literal historical events. Meanwhile, judging from the stories and the times they were told, it is blatant obvious that these stories were...idk...just stories. Some elements of it were borrowed from other cultures and passed down from generation to generation before it was eventually written down.

These stories are also present in other religions (like Adam and Eve, Noah's ark). Every region of the world have a particular set of stories that are peculiar to that region. The stories in the Bible, Torah and Qur'an were peculiar to the middle east. The Bible, Torah and Qur'an are a collection of aging stories, foundational myths, wisdom, great poetry and half-truths.

So next time, someone tells you He is an unbeliever. Don't think He is trying to act "cool" or something. He is just accepting reality - there is very little evidence to back up your claims. If you want to change the mind of an atheist or agnostic, you have to present evidence. For example, there are hundreds of creation stories out there. Why should an unbeliever ignore all those stories and accept yours as true even though you have provided no evidence for your claim. You even threaten those who don't believe with the idea of hell - which again, you have no evidence for.

The idea of a god/supreme being is perfectly fine. However the idea of religion (aka God's fanbase) is just ridiculous. If there are gods out there, then the idea of religions must be an insult to them, because it is obvious that religions are man made. Religions come and go. Christianity won't be here forever. Eventually it will fall out of popularity, become the minority and something else will take over. At some point in time, that "something else" will get replaced by another "something else". Religions don't last forever.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2021
[s]
Lizlee:

You don't understand.

My position is that a Jesus existed.
However the stories shared about him are most likely mythical.

Oga just because you exist doesn't mean the stories I share about you are true.
[/s] You're not making sense . Jesus believed in the words of the bible , yet you're here discrediting what He believed in just to suit for hatred for God.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:31am On Oct 17, 2021
Abitolola:
Welldone, but here you are preaching and evangelizing your atheists' philosophy.

I'm agnostic actually.

No this is not preaching. This is just me letting you know that irreligious people aren't the devil's you make them out to be. They just don't acknowledge the stories you share as true and you are butthurt by that.

4 Likes

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Please don't call me a rétard.
That's your fvcking prerogative not mine
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

We must acknowledge that these stories were written at a time when superstitious beliefs were a norm.

Your PERSONAL opinion after reading the Bible.
Noted!
But next time know that the highlighted should be you and you alone not along with others! smiley
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] You're not making sense . Jesus believed in the words of the bible , yet you're here discrediting what He believed in just to suit for hatred for God.

Hatred for god?
You didn't read everything you just rushed to comment. Didn't you read where I said that there is nothing wrong with the concept of god(s)

Jesus was a Jewish man who believed in the Torah. Jesus made references to the Torah. And if you don't know, the Torah is basically what the Old testament is based off of. Books like Genesis, Exodus and Psalms were written long before Christ. So what is your point here? I am acknowledging that He was a Jewish preacher and made references to those books. However, the stories written about him after his death are likely mythical.

Go back and reread what I typed carefully.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Abitolola: 7:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

I'm agnostic actually.

No this is not preaching. This is just me letting you know that irreligious people aren't the devil's you make them out to be. They just don't acknowledge the stories you share as true and you are butthurt by that.

All the best.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Your PERSONAL opinion after reading the Bible.
Noted! smiley

Personal opinion?
You are a special breed of JW. I see grin

After all what could I expect from someone that believes that there is life on Jupiter. Refuses blood transfusion for no tangible reasons and believes that one day humans will "levitate" to the sky smiley

Tell.me about personal opinion. grin

1 Like

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
That's your fvcking prerogative not mine

Don't call me a rétard That's all I know. You can bark all you want.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by LordReed(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2021
At this point is par for the course, you roll with the punches and keep moving. I for one no longer get moved by their threats and cussing, I'll use it for entertainment though. LoL
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Oh, Satan possessing a snake, lol

So why doesn't it happen again?

Wasn't a talking snake mentioned in Genesis?

What is the likelihood that it's a myth?

Why do you regard the stories in Christianity and disregard others of the the same nature in other religions.
Understand Genesis 1 - 3 , understand the essence of Christianity.
I don't disregard other peoples story, I don't even care about it.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:39am On Oct 17, 2021
LordReed:
At this point is par for the course, you roll with the punches and keep moving. I for one no longer get moved by their threats and cussing, I'll use it for entertainment though. LoL
Exactly lol
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 7:40am On Oct 17, 2021
THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PHILOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY. THE FORMER IS ATHEISM AND THE LATER IS REAL RELIGION.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Understand Genesis 1 - 3 , understand the essence of Christianity.
I don't disregard other peoples story, I don't even care about it.

The same thing other religions say about your religion.

You believe that your religion is true and that everyother one out there is wrong and should be disregarded.

It's a bit funny how the religion you were born into just happens to be the right one.

The Genesis story was borrowed from other cultures.

You are the one who needs to review it.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2021
orisa37:
THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PHILOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY. THE FORMER IS ATHEISM AND THE LATER IS REAL RELIGION.
Ok
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:42am On Oct 17, 2021
[s]
Lizlee:

Hatred for god?
You didn't read everything you just rushed to comment. Didn't you read where I said that there is nothing wrong with the concept of god(s)

Jesus was a Jewish man who believed in the Torah. Jesus made references to the Torah. And if you don't know, the Torah is basically what the Old testament is based off of. Books like Genesis, Exodus and Psalms were written long before Christ. So what is your point here? I am acknowledging that He was a Jewish preacher and made references to those books. However, the stories written about him after his death are likely mythical.

Go back and reread what I typed carefully.
[/s] Please stop making excuses for your ignorance. The death and resurrection of Jesus was foretold before his birth and death , so how can't that be "likely "? Just come and simply say you're not okay with what the bible says about Jesus. Period
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Don't call me a rétard That's all I know. You can bark all you want.
You're still a rètard
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Please stop making excuses for your ignorance. The death and resurrection of Jesus was foretold before his birth and death , so how can't that be "likely "? Just come and simply say you're not okay with what the bible says about Jesus. Period

*Facepalms*

You do you bro.

You think I haven't read the Bible or something?

Christianity is based off of Judaism.

Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah that was prophecied to come and "save the world".

Jews believe that the Messiah is yet to come.

So what is your point?
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
You're still a rètard

Well well, you chose to start the day with violence I see.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Personal opinion?
You are a special breed of JW. I see grin
After all what could I expect from someone that believes that there is life on Jupiter. Refuses blood transfusion for no tangible reasons and believes that one day humans will "levitate" to the sky smiley
Tell.me about personal opinion. grin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm you want to try your intellect with me, shey?
Well let's test how intelligent you are!
I talked about your personal opinion but you're trying to talk about group setting, why not concentrate on what you and i believe instead of trying to dodge by calling for community effort against JW?

I don't care whether you are atheist or agnostic your group or what you believe doesn't matter now but how you come to such conclusion.
That's how to test real intellectuals not by running out of point, i talked about PERSONAL so you calling for group shows you're not equipped enough to defend your PERSONAL opinion! wink
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
You're still a rètard

The best thing about people like you is that you are easily triggered. That's how on the other post you were trying to justify jungle justice and cruelty towards traditional worshippers. No hate like Christian love grin grin

Soon He will go to the temple and beg God for forgiveness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Was God Before He Created The Heavens? / Bible Opinion on Genotype Issues / What About Having A Girl Friend In Thesame Choir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.