Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

When Christians Call Us Illogical - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Christians Call Us Illogical (833 Views)

It’s Very Illogical To Worship The Christian God. / Do You Think Materialism Is Illogical? / Do You Know that Atheists/Non-Christians Call Jesus Lord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

*Facepalms*

You do you bro.

You think I haven't read the Bible or something?

Christianity is based off of Judaism.

Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah that was prophecied to come and "save the world".

Jews believe that the Messiah is yet to come.

So what is your point?
It's illogical to say you believe in Jesus but don't believe what was written about Him (even though ,the bible is the only document out there that tells of the life and belief of Jesus Himself ).
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm you want to try your intellect with me, shey?
Well let's test how intelligent you are!
I talked about your personal opinion but you're trying to talk about group setting, why not concentrate on what you and i believe instead of trying to dodge by calling for community effort against JW?
N

Why I called out JW is because you called my post a "personal opinion". Like JW is not a personal opinion/take on Christianity, lol...

When other Christians don't see you as Christians. grin
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

The best thing about people like you is that you are easily triggered. That's how on the other post you were trying to justify jungle justice and cruelty towards traditional worshippers. No hate like Christian love grin grin

Soon He will go to the temple and beg God for forgiveness.
I never said I was a Christian. So don't expect me to sheepish
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
It's illogical to say you believe in Jesus but don't believe what was written about Him (even though ,the bible is the only document out there that tells of the life and belief of Jesus Himself ).

I do not BELIEVE IN JESUS.

I only acknowledge that He was an actual human being, that's it.

The supernatural stories shared about him are downright mythical.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:50am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

The same thing other religions say about your religion.

You believe that your religion is true and that everyother one out there is wrong and should be disregarded.

It's a bit funny how the religion you were born into just happens to be the right one.

The Genesis story was borrowed from other cultures.

You are the one who needs to review it.
Assumptions.
I never talked about my religion being the right one, because I have not been a part of other religions to compare.
What I can say about the bible is that I have studied it, evaluated it, understand it and come to see it as more than a book, more as a guide.
And yeah I know it is aggregated from multiple cultures.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
I never said I was a Christian. So don't expect me to sheepish

No hate like Religious love then grin
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

Assumptions.
I never talked about my religion being the right one, because I have not been a part of other religions to compare.
What I can say about the bible is that I have studied it, evaluated it, understand it and come to see it as more than a book, more as a guide.
And yeah I know it is aggregated from multiple cultures.
Cool
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

No hate like Religious love then grin
Now you're being more stupid than necessary. What has religion got to do with the facts we are discussing? undecided
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2021
YOU OOZE GIBBERISH ALL THE TIMES.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:52am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
Now you're being more stupid than necessary. What has religion got to do with the facts we are discussing? undecided

We are discussing Jesus. The foundation of a religion.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:53am On Oct 17, 2021
orisa37:

You ooze stupidity.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 7:54am On Oct 17, 2021

YOU DON'T MAKE SENSE. YOU MANUFACTURE MADNESS ALWAYS.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Jashub: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

I do not BELIEVE IN JESUS.

I only acknowledge that He was an actual human being, that's it.

The supernatural stories shared about him are downright mythical.
Chai....nigerians really hate reading. So those "supernatural stories " and acts , were they not foretold even before his arrival ? Abi , you didn't bother reading older books of the bible.... undecided undecided undecided
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:55am On Oct 17, 2021
orisa37:

YOU DON'T MAKE SENSE. YOU MANUFACTURE MADNESS ALWAYS.

So what weed did you test today?
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Why I called out JW is because you called my post a "personal opinion". Like JW is not a personal opinion/take on Christianity, lol...
When other Christians don't see you as Christians. grin

You're still not prepared for PERSONAL opinion! cheesy

You don't need community effort to challenge someone's intelligence, your talking about "others" when i want to know of your PERSONAL opinion shows you're not equipped enough for this.

I know you've read, heard and seen a lot of things before coming to this conclusion that's why i want to know what exactly convinced you. So drop the issue of group and let's talk one on one! smiley
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:56am On Oct 17, 2021
Jashub:
Chai....nigerians really hate reading. So those "supernatural stories " and acts , were they not foretold even before his arrival ? Abi , you didn't bother reading older books of the bible.... undecided undecided undecided

Have a nice day.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 7:57am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You don't need community effort to challenge someone's intelligence, your talking about "others" when i want to know of your PERSONAL opinion shows you're not equipped enough for this.

I know you've read, heard and seen a lot of things before coming to this conclusion that's why i want to know what exactly convinced you. So drop the issue of group and let's talk one on one! smiley

Have a nice and fruitful day, Max. smiley smiley
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Have a nice and fruitful day, Max. smiley smiley

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. Isaiah 54:17

No smooth talks can change the heart of God's servants rather we will silence you with intelligence! wink
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by Lizlee: 8:03am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. Isaiah 54:17

No smooth talks can change the heart of God's servants rather we will silence you with intelligence! wink

Yeah, that I'm being silent doesn't mean I'm foolish or unintelligent.

I'm telling you to have a nice day, because I am embarking on a journey in a few hours and I need to prepare.

Have a nice day, uncle Max. wink
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:

Yeah, that I'm being silent doesn't mean I'm foolish or unintelligent.

I'm telling you to have a nice day, because I am embarking on a journey in a few hours and I need to prepare.

Have a nice day, uncle Max. wink

Do have a safe journey! smiley
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 10:04am On Oct 17, 2021
All these things no fit happen again as camera don dey. grin

1 Like

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2021
kingxsamz:

All these things no fit happen again as camera don dey. grin

They do but the One doing it is not making a showy display, go on YouTube and see magic on camera, abi you want to deny what camera recorded too?

You guys are deceiving yourselves. Spirits are around us doing things but the true God has no business with showy display of His power if you want to see spirits in action visit YouTube! wink
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

They do but the One doing it is not making a showy display, go on YouTube and see magic on camera, abi you want to deny what camera recorded too?

You guys are deceiving yourselves. Spirits are around us doing things but the true God has no business with showy display of His power if you want to see spirits in action visit YouTube! wink

I should go on YouTube and watch magic tricks as proof of the claims in the bible?
What substance are you on today?

1 Like

Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2021
kingxsamz:

I should go on YouTube and watch magic tricks as proof of the claims in the bible?
What substance are you on today?

Magical acts are full on YouTube as evidence of the presence of unseen supernatural forces around you.
So if it's about CAMERA and RECORDING you can't deny that, can you? smiley
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by kingxsamz(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Magical acts are full on YouTube as evidence of the presence of unseen supernatural forces around you.
So if it's about CAMERA and RECORDING you can't deny that, can you? smiley
Na pikin you be. cheesy
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:56am On Oct 17, 2021
kingxsamz:

Na pikin you be. cheesy
OK you be baba, shey?
I thought few moments ago you were counting on Camera as what will disprove the presence of supernatural beings! wink
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by xproducer: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2021
Lizlee:
Christians calls atheists and agnostics illogical, then proceed to:
*Believe in talking snakes.
*Believe in talking donkeys.
*Believe in a tower built to reach God.
*Believe in a global flood and only one boat survived through it.
*Believe in virgin birth
*Believe in a man living up to 900 years.
*Believe in demons.
*Believe in a river that once you are dipped into it , you are instantly healed as long as you were dipped when angels were stirring it.
*Believe in demons sleeping with women.
*Believe in an actual dead person waking up days later.
*Believe in three men that survived being thrown in a furnace.
*Believe in sticks turning to snakes and vice versa.
*Believe that diseases have supernatural causes.
*Believe in an ocean straight up dividing.

I'm not saying the folks who wrote the books in the Bible, were dumbasses. In fact, I acknowledge that there were intelligent philosophers who lived at those times. However, we must acknowledge that these stories were written at a time when superstitious beliefs were a norm. People shared stories and legends to help cope with uncertainty. Most of these stories were exaggerated. I'm not saying that a Jesus never existed. I think Jesus was an actual human being, but when it comes to be stories shared about him, that is where the skepticism kicks in. Jesus was likely a Jewish preacher who did normal Jewish things, He had lots of followers, He probably got into trouble with the authorities, and was crucified. His followers probably genuinely believed that He would rise from the dead after three days. After his death, his followers started a cult based off of him. They shared stories about him and his origins. A lot of these stories were likely exxagerated and just hearsay. Then along came Paul, this cult gained social acceptance, it will eventually evolve into a religion known as Christianity. The same thing applies to Prophet Muhammed, I think He was an actual human being, but the stories shared about him are most likely mythical.

Why don't snakes talk anymore or why doesn't food fall from the sky? A lot of people take this stories as literal historical events. Meanwhile, judging from the stories and the times they were told, it is blatant obvious that these stories were...idk...just stories. Some elements of it were borrowed from other cultures and passed down from generation to generation before it was eventually written down.

These stories are also present in other religions (like Adam and Eve, Noah's ark). Every region of the world have a particular set of stories that are peculiar to that region. The stories in the Bible, Torah and Qur'an were peculiar to the middle east. The Bible, Torah and Qur'an are a collection of aging stories, foundational myths, wisdom, great poetry and half-truths.

So next time, someone tells you He is an unbeliever. Don't think He is trying to act "cool" or something. He is just accepting reality - there is very little evidence to back up your claims. If you want to change the mind of an atheist or agnostic, you have to present evidence. For example, there are hundreds of creation stories out there. Why should an unbeliever ignore all those stories and accept yours as true even though you have provided no evidence for your claim. You even threaten those who don't believe with the idea of hell - which again, you have no evidence for.

The idea of a god/supreme being is perfectly fine. However the idea of religion (aka God's fanbase) is just ridiculous. If there are gods out there, then the idea of religions must be an insult to them, because it is obvious that religions are man made. Religions come and go. Christianity won't be here forever. Eventually it will fall out of popularity, become the minority and something else will take over. At some point in time, that "something else" will get replaced by another "something else". Religions don't last forever.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

=====

Your "talk" appears to presume that those who - by GOD's grace - genuinely believe in, worship and profess the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST - somehow are just following without cause... and perhaps have not seen the goodness and faithfulness of GOD - evidenced and empowered by the living word of GOD Himself (Hebrews 4:12).

"Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness." - John 3:11

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:14

"and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven." - Matthew 18:3

Believe the Good News of GOD... in the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST ! There is no hope outside of Him (Acts 4:12)

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." - John 3:18

I tell you what will never pass away - the word of GOD! - "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." - Matthew 24:35 and those who truly believe in and belong to the Lord JESUS are His for eternity!

"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.” - John 11:25-27
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

So what weed did you test today?

IT IS LIZLEE FROM SODOM.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

You ooze stupidity.

SATAN IS STUPID AND I AM NOT EVIL.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

Ok

Thanks.
Re: When Christians Call Us Illogical by orisa37: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lizlee:

Ok

Thanks.

SEMANTICS IS TRESPASS IN RELIGION AND IT IS ATHEISM.

(1) (2) (Reply)

(Updated) Download Apostle Joshua Selman Messages 2022 / Thank God You Survived An Accident? / How I Almost Died - Mr Ibu’s Testimony At Omega Power Ministry (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.