Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,846 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? (2841 Views)

Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Religion Section 'awards Night' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Opusdeii(f): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2011
I think most of you here don't know Zstranger, he is the most bigoted NL  and always pop up on threads just to derail them. He has many user names like A-Z Stranger. So i suggest you guys just Ignore him and move ahead with your contributions on the subject matter. A lot of us here are enjoying your intellectual contribution on most topics.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

can your un-riddle me please? what is your end-game so I can spare some brain-cells smiley

grin grin grin grin grin. Mehn, I should blow you a kiss for your post. Stranger, oya tu wa sile o
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by unphilaz(m): 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2011
Hmm interesting discourse there.
@zstranger says
zstranger:

The burden is on you to tell me why you are an atheist, not on me to prove to you why YOU ARE NOT.

You have to tell me why you think you are an atheist.

and

@thehomer says
thehomer:

So, why don't you clearly define or explain what you mean by atheism?

Now zstranger says,

am expecting an enlightening discourse,
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by zstranger: 5:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin. Mehn, I should blow you a kiss for your post. Stranger, oya tu wa sile o

Interesting!

Thread says: what are atheists doing in the religion section?

I said: There are no atheists in Nigeria

And you think, I should be the first person to tell them what they claim to be?

First of all, I dont know what atheism is?

And since I dont know what it is, it therefore follows logically for me to assume that it does not exist

The burden of proof is on our supposed Atheists to prove to me what they believe in?

I feel like there is a scandal going on here; our atheists cant even tell us what they are
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2011
zstranger:

Interesting!

And since I dont know what it is, it therefore follows logically for me to assume that it does not exis
The burden of proof is on our supposed Atheists to prove to me what they believe in?
I feel like there is a scandal going on here; our atheists cant even tell us what they are

I think the atheism is self explanatory enough. You are postulating that there's more to it than the obvious. Since we are now duly informed of your superior knowledge of atheism, then it's only sensible that you educate us on the true meaning of atheism since you went ahead and told an atheist (Harakiri) he's ignorant of is own beliefs or lack thereof.

FYI, Tai Solarin was not an atheist; he was a humanist.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by PastorAIO: 6:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
What a logic! If I don't know what it is then it cannot exist. Therefore only well defined and known things can exist. I actually like that . . . in a kind of twisted way.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

What a logic!  If I don't know what it is then it cannot exist.  Therefore only well defined and known things can exist.  I actually like that . . . in a kind of twisted way.

grin grin grin Pastor na long rope be dis one o
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by thehomer: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2011
zstranger:

Interesting!

And since I dont know what it is, it therefore follows logically for me to assume that it does not exist

Wow fascinating.
zstranger does not know what atheism is therefore atheism and atheists do not exist.
This makes me suspect that zstranger must therefore be God since we expect him/her to know everything.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by thehomer: 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
Pastor AIO:

What a logic! If I don't know what it is then it cannot exist. Therefore only well defined and known things can exist. I actually like that . . . in a kind of twisted way.

Whoa there Pastor AIO hold your horses. Unless you're also zstranger or zstranger is the real core of solipsism, you aren't the one who decides what exists, zstranger does. smiley
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by PastorAIO: 6:36pm On Jun 06, 2011
Do I exist?
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
^ U don't. You are a figment of Seun's imagination created as a droid to post on NL tongue
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by zstranger: 6:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

I think the atheism is self explanatory enough.

Dont be too fast because a huge percentage of the stuff that we humans tend to be automatically sure of always turns out, totally wrong and deluded. That is why I have always respected Descartes since I first came across his famous phrase: Cogito ergo sum

You are postulating that there's more to it than the obvious.

Well, I have so far postulated nada!

Since we are now duly informed of your  superior knowledge of atheism, then it's only sensible that you educate us on the  true meaning of atheism since you went ahead and told an atheist (Harakiri) he's ignorant of is own beliefs or lack thereof.

My superior knowledge? Interesting? No one knows everything, and I sure do not know anything. And because I know that I know not is exactly why I think I am more clever than a lot of people ( minus You of course) on this forum! grin

FYI, Tai Solarin was not an atheist; he was a humanist.

Very profound and interesting. Tai Solarin is a humanist, but not an atheist!

I just love the confidence and audacity. I love how we are always eager to label people and define what they are and what they are not. It is that certainty of though, that somehow we have higher insight and that our reality is automatically the only there is, is exactly why I am on this thread!
grin
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by zstranger: 6:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
thehomer:

Wow fascinating.
zstranger does not know what atheism is therefore atheism and atheists do not exist.
This makes me suspect that zstranger must therefore be God since we expect him/her to know everything.

Hey, I am just human, with one head, two legs, and an insatiable libido

I dont know everything. grin
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by PastorAIO: 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2011
zstranger:

Voila, Everything cannot exist. I'm loving this more and more.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by zstranger: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2011
^^^
A more rational mind, like my 5 yr old nephew here who cant stop laughing, would have interpreted my statement thus: I know something, but not everything.

But eh, whatever fries your dodo
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2011
zstranger:

Well, I have so far postulated nada!
My superior knowledge? Interesting? No one knows everything, and I sure do not know anything. And because I know that I know not is exactly why I think I am more clever than a lot of people ( minus You of course) on this forum! grin
If your previous post below is not alluding to you knowing something we all don't know, then i must be suffering from comprehension this afternoon  grin

Most of them are just wannabes who dont know what they are talking?
Atheism snt just about not believing, there is much more to it that that!
And, I doubt most Nigerians understand what they say when they call themselves atheists.

Very profound and interesting. Tai Solarin is a humanist, but not an atheist!

I just love the confidence and audacity. I love how we are always eager to label people and define what they are and what they are not.
It is that certainty of though, that somehow we have higher insight and that our reality is automatically the only there is, is exactly why I am on this thread!
grin

I didn't label him a humanist, he labelled himself that. Unless you are going to say Tai Solarin didnt know what he was talking about either.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

^ U don't. You are a figment of Seun's imagination created as a droid to post on NL  tongue

That explains it, I have always suspected PASTORAIO did not really exists, at one point I thought I had gone schitzo  shocked Please warn Seun to stop invading my imagination, it is hard enough keeping track of the ants in my hair grin

@zstranger. perhaps you unwittingly created a confusion string by making a bold statement that Atheists do not exist ( "Real Atheist", u could have stuck with that really) and in the same breath imply that you have zero knowledge of what the term represents (dissipating the force of your earlier statement -fair enough) You then proceed to demand proof that what does not exist must be explained to you by those who "claim" to be a representation of atheism. I think what you are trying to say is that True Atheists (at least the ones you know in Nigeria) are really apologists for atheism. am i close?  
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by poweredcom(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2011
@poster

Why and what do you think you can call someone an athiest, is it because they dont comply with these days religiousn ninsense that is leading to no where, you see churches like 4 facing each other and still they they still commit the greatest sin , so religion is not the best way, for truthfulness but we can use our self phylisophy, Ok, dont blame anyone for being an athiest, do yuo know how many of us have been brainwashed by religion from the onset , Dogmatic believes that leads to no where, men , Bleep all this religion, especially muslim and christain.believe, as for me i am my own self religion and i belive in humanity and Love, free mind.Ok, dont be a fool pursuing God, problem if God above has any problem sef,

Christain cast and bind, from day 1 too eternity yet noting happend, grin grin grin, many are stil poor and beeing duped and brainwashed, muslim kill and fight in the name of religion , all these are the outcome of IGNORANCE, AFRICA, and THE BLACK MAN, KNOW THYSELF FIRST, remember your history
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Koolking(m): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
Atheism, agnosticism, mysticism and even illuminati are all religion on their own.

Even if followers don't believe in anything, but believing in themselves suffice.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by thehomer: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2011
zstranger:

Then why did you claim that if you do not know something, then it does not exist?
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by thehomer: 6:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
Koolking:

Atheism, agnosticism, mysticism and even illuminati are all religion on their own.

Even if followers don't believe in anything, but believing in themselves suffice.

How on earth are they religions?
So solipsism and nihilism are religions? Please what concept of religion are you using?
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by Koolking(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
thehomer:

How on earth are they religions?
So solipsism and nihilism are religions? Please what concept of religion are you using?

Maybe your own definition of religion and mind are different. To me, religion is your 'believe' and that's just what gives you satisfaction and fulfillment.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by thehomer: 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2011
Koolking:

Maybe your own definition of religion and mind are different. To me, religion is your 'believe' and that's just what gives you satisfaction and fulfillment.

So whatever a person believes is their religion? I would advice you to go through this thread before you continue making such outrageous claims.
Re: What Are Atheists Doing In The Religion Section Of Nairaland? by PastorAIO: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
Koolking:

That makes the purpose of this thread obsolete. Since Atheism is a belief and belief is religion then Atheists have every right to be in the religion section.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good And Evil Don't Exist. / In A World Of Spirits And No Science. / Whatsapp Group Strictly For Devoted Christian Singles Looking For A Life Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.