Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. (939 Views)

A Lecturer Was Teaching Us In A Philosophy Class And He Told Us That There Is No / What Joke were You Told While Growing Up? / 5 Lies They Told Us Growing Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. by Solidkay(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2021
There's a common belief that says Once you offend your parents, and they've vowed to flog you, remove some strands of your eyelashes and put it on the floor where they must pass across, they'll definitely forget. LOL, Did you tried this growing up?
We may not know the world as well as we thought we did! While you may have gotten straight A’s in school, somewhere along the way, you learned a few things as a kid that are never true. But it’s not like your teachers, family members, and parents were lying to you. They were neither primitive nor superstitious but needed to maintain sanity in the community. Sitting on a grinding stone is not good for various reasons and they found a way to discourage people from doing so.

Do you still remember all these "Don't do this, Don't do that" you were told while growing up? Let me help you remember some of them:

1. If you kill a wall gecko, the head of your family will die

2. If you lose one tooth or more, throw it on the top of a zinc roof. If a lizard picks it, it'll grow back.

3. If you look at yourself in a mirror at night, you'll have a nightmare.

4. If the sun is up and rain is falling simultaneously, then a lion has given birth.

5. That if you stand on a rock/stone, you won't grow tall again.

6. Answering your name when you thought that someone is calling you is a taboo.

7. When you are walking and saw a drawn line on your way, don't cross it. Look for another way to pass. Your destiny will be destroyed if you do.

8. Mrs Koikoi, and her infamous shoe, the pretty teacher that died and her ghost was haunting the community school (I nearly died of fear because of this one)

9. If you bend and look in between your legs in the market, you will see ghosts.

10. If you wash a dogs face and use the water to wash your face, you will see spirits at nights. They even have example of my cousin who did it and was running helter skelter and screaming throughout the night.

12. If a certain worm enters your ear, you will turn into the opposite gender.

13. If you eat mango and then take garri, you will die.

14. If you sit in the doorway, spirits will knock you

15. If you take holy communion home from church, it will become blood

1 Like

Re: 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2021
I hated this lies. I feel stupid for believing them angry. But is that no.10 real, you know just incase undecided
Re: 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. by moorevic(m): 10:14am On Oct 28, 2021
Op na Igbo grin grin grin grin grin grin good ol'day
Re: 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. by moorevic(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2021
Jasonharvey:
I hated this lies. I feel stupid for believing them angry. But is that no.10 real, you know just incase undecided

You shouldn't feel such, it's all part of growing. The memories and all.
Re: 15 Mouth Watering Olden Days Lies Our Elders Told Us While Growing Up. by eduora: 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
I did the 15 but it's pure lies

(1) (Reply)

Children And Their Humour / Bubba / The Perfect Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.