Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day (235 Views)

UNIPORT: Fight Broke Out Between Two Students Over Orientation Drinks (Photos) / University of Ibadan Loses Two Students To An Accident & Robbers In 24hrs (Pics) / Rivers University Lifts Suspension Order On Two Students Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by Seeksnigeria: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
Update from

The hashtag #PrayForUI began to trend on social media over the weekend after the University of Ibadan lost two of her students to the cold hands of death within a single day, Siggy reports.

Adedayo, a final year student of the Department of History, Faculty of Arts, was allegedly shot by robbers around the Pre-Boye axis, Ibadan on Saturday.

Oluwaseun, a 200 level student of the department of Microbiology Faculty of Science, was reportedly hit by a car along Mobil Filling station, UI-Ojoo road.

Adedayo’s remains were transferred to the UCH Mortuary from Adeoyo hospital, Ring Road where it was deposited after the incident.

According to the student’s union of the institution, Adedayo was said to have been shot and efforts to save his life proved abortive as he was unable to make it to the hospital.

“The Students’ Union officials were joined by the Dean and Deputy Dean, Students Affairs, University of Ibadan, Head of Department of History, Special Assistant to Gov. Seyi Makinde on student affairs, Victor Olojede, NANS JJC OYO officials, NAUS representatives and some other students leaders on campus in a visit to the Bodija Police station in the early hours of today 17th October in order to ensure proper investigation is carried out on the death of our dearly beloved.”

Efforts to save Oluwaseun proved abortive as she was rushed to the institution’s clinic.

Her remains have since been transferred to the Anatomy unit of the institution.

Students of the institution, who spoke to correspondents, expressed fears over the sudden rise in tragic events especially with death cases recorded.

https:///how-university-of-ibadan-lost-two-students-in-a-single-day/

Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by Seeksnigeria: 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by decatalyst(m): 10:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
This is a terrible news.

May God console their parents and friends.

The government needs to do something about the insecurity. cry
Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by money121(m): 10:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Sad news
Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by OG1BABY(f): 11:11pm On Oct 17, 2021
So sad
Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by pegix(m): 3:42am On Oct 18, 2021
omo....nearly went crazy when i saw this. .Just like that!

Seun is a good friend of mine... she's just that kinda gentle girl

may her soul rest in peace....so tragic embarassed tongue

we spoke this morning o
She got admitted to BDS of recent...was telling me she's gonna pay some fee

We were still chattin yesterday morning sef... sad

Re: How University Of Ibadan Lost Two Students In A Single Day by Seeksnigeria: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2021
pegix:
omo....nearly went crazy when i saw this. .Just like that!

Seun is a good friend of mine... she's just that kinda gentle girl

may i soul rest in peace....so tragic embarassed tongue

we spoke this morning o
She got admitted to BDS of recent...was telling me she's gonna pay some fee

We were still chattin yesterday morning sef... sad

Chaiii... My condolences Bruhh. Take heart.

(1) (Reply)

FUOTUOKE Students Protest Against The Closure Of The University Portal / BEA Scholarship 2020/2021 For Nigerian Undergraduates And Postgraduates Students / Advanced Statistical Analysis Using SPSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.