Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Igbo And Yourba E-wars - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yourba E-wars (1489 Views)

Igbos And Yourba Reality / Proposed Alliance Between IPOB, Boko Haram/ Bandits And Yourba Agitators... / Why Didn't The Fulani Have North North, And Yourba West West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NaijirianKing: 11:52am On Oct 18, 2021
This is what people forget

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by ItsTutsi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
Which man are you talking about?
NaijirianKing:
It wasn't just Easterners, it was also Northerners, that man also had a policy where every Northerner was labeled a "beggar" and detained. Many Northerners suffered in silence under that man's regime. Many have never forgotten what he did to fellow Muslims. That is if he is even a Muslim, many of them profess Islam, but treat their fellow Muslims without regard.

Northerners invested more in Lagos than any other tribe. It was the North that made Lagos the capital instead of Kaduna, which in hindsight should have been made the capital. It was this designation by the North that made Lagos what is is today, even up until now you have Dangote investing in Lagos, in years time, these people will turn around to call the North backward and other unprintable names. Imagine.

It is good that many of us are now online in these spaces to see how these people truly view us and we are wiser. We will deal with them at the appropriate time. 2023 is not far.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by uthlaw: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tomek09:

@ the bolded......the one that Peter Okoye married, what did she do? She brought division, hatred, discord, rancour, bitterness and strife in Okoye family. Igbo—Yoruba inter-ethnic marriage is rubbish. It doesn't end well at all because Yoruba girls are dirty, unhygienic and always looking unkempt. Igbos have nothing against Yorubas but the problem is that that distrust and dishonesty which had caused problem between the two tribes would be difficult to overcome. Yorubas are envious about Igbos progress and domination in SouthWest as if Igbos outrightly stopped them from progressing too.
the one peter married is better than the one Paul married that is seeking for divorce....you should have your progress in your state,if your state is a better place instead of running to Western States as ipob are killing you like rat....we don't have anything in common with you people and we can never have any...the same foolish people blaming Yoruba for voting Osibanjo instead of Peter obi....2023 is around the corner,the hypocrite are telling Yoruba not to contest because it is there turn....it is better for you to fight for Biafra because you can never rule this country!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by LILTJAY: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Igbo people have problem with their host in any country they go in life.. from south africa to ghana, kenya, liberia, gabon, india, china, cambodia, black americans, UAE etc... they are always having issues with their host... nigerians are hated today in asia and african countries because of the attitudes of igbos there...
Reason why I pray for nigeria to spilt...
The world needs to know the people that has made nigerians to be hated by other countries

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Iamgrey5(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
This is what people forget, but the North made Lagos what it is today.

[B
The North chose Lagos as the Federal capital and that drew massive investments to that city. What other city in southern Nigeria has such an economy?

That selfless designation is often overlooked. The North initially wanted Kaduna to be the capital, but decided against it for national unity. The southerners make noise about who owns what in that city, but the truth is that without the North, those southern tribes would be at their necks fighting and nothing would be developed. Where else in the south is like Lagos?

Even up until today, see what Dangote is doing in the south. A Northerner creating jobs and wealth in the south only to turn around and have his region mocked for unemployment and poverty. Lagos is the product of true Nigerians in the North thinking about the country and not the tribe or region. It was the ground nut pyramids of the North that made the initial investments in the oil sector and made Lagos what it is today.

@ emboldened

You are drunk

Lagos was made capital by the British because it was self sufficient before Nigeria even got independence.

Lagos already had an airport, two seaports a technical college before Nigeria got independence, the later of which generated revenue (tariffs) which the federal government depended upon..

What did Kaduna have?

Please read history or at least get someone with a brain to narrate history to you.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by SirBlack999(m): 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

The problem with many us from the South is that we treat the North as a monolith (apologies to Chimamanda Adichie). But the North is not homogeneous. We might start to understand that region better if we are more willing to study it, rather than stereotype it.

Every region is threatened, not just East and West.

Yorubas were not on the side of the North, but on the side of Nigeria.

There were stories of how Igbos who left their houses in Lagos returned to meet these houses and reclaim them. However, Igbos who ran away from their homes in the East returned to see fellow Igbos occupying them. These fellow Igbos refused to leave.

Yorubas never took houses abandoned by Igbos in Lagos, but Igbos cheated fellow Igbos out of their own properties in the East.

The only people who feel Yorubas hate them are Igbos.

Yorubas never gloated over the pains of Igbos. The Yoruba man who even left everything to fight for Biafra was executed by Ojukwu over a mere suspicion. Till this day, Yorubas don't even bear this grudge against Igbos or even Ojukwu.

Like one of my uncles said, many people (especially, in Lagos) did not even know that a war was going on in Nigeria. Life continued as usual with Friday night outs and owambes which the Yorubas are well known for.

This did not even become an issue until 2015 when Yorubas and Igbos visibly disagreed over their choices for president. While Igbos were largely behind Goodluck Jonathan, Yorubas seemed to be largely behind Muhammadu Buhari.

Why the Igbos hate Buhari so much and love Goodluck Jonathan so much is something I may never understand. But when Yorubas largely supported Buhari, they extended their hatred towards Yorubas as well. And based on the role he played in the coalition that resulted to APC, they have hated Tinubu as well, forgetting that Tinubu was a detribalised governor who welcomed all tribes when he governed Lagos.

The idea that Igbos are arrogant and rude towards their hosts began with the people of Kano shortly after the January 1966 coup which is adjudged an Igbo coup. It was said that when Ahmadu Bello was assassinated, Igbos in Kano gloated over his death, right in the faces of their hosts (Kano people) who would later join in the animosity that led to the targeting of Igbos everywhere in the North, including in the military. Sadly, Igbos still continue to show this disdain towards their hosts. Fortunately for them, Yorubas are highly accommodating towards their guests, even when they have been constantly called cowards because of their easy-going lifestyle.

The question of whether Igbos and Yorubas can ever unite should be directed at Igbos.

Igbos need to understand that no one hates them. They need to cut out their persecution complex, and work on their paranoia.

Yorubas don't have a problem with Igbos doing well in the Western region. Yoruba are known for their accommodating spirits and their carefree lifestyle, never for envy.

But when Igbos began to rub it in the faces of Yorubas (just like they once did in Kano), animosity is bound to arise.

Like it did in Kano.

This is quite right. It is also pertinent that the South understands that the North is not just Fulani and Hausa. Maybe if they knew, they would stop treating the North like a leper.

Yesterday, I was driving from a church where I had gone to play the piano, when I ran into a small holdup. Just beside me, a Hausa guy selling cabbage and some other vegetables was being bullied by some Yoruba thugs. Why? Because he dared to question them before colluding with his vegetables without apologizing or helping him to reset his table. The thugs kept calling him demeaning names. I have lived in Kano (even if briefly), and I don't see Hausas bully other tribes like this. An uncle of mine has stayed there for over 20 years, and mentions that Kano indigenes are very nice towards their guests. In fact, many guests proudly claim Kano as their state of origin.

This is quite true, but Igbos need to let go of the past. That is a sure way to move forward. Keeping grudges limits one.

I don't know.

Well...
Thunder gbagbuo gị there. "Igbos need to work on their persecution paranoia..." like we didn't lose over 3 million to genocide and continue being threatened by your people with lagoon. Didn't expect much from you. Onye ofe mman.ụ
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NaijirianKing: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2021
Alcohol?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Iamgrey5(m): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
Alcohol is not within the realms of my culture, unlike you and many of your inebriated brothers. But not withstanding, we shall move on to the education that you so badly seek and need. Please read and learn.

Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport is the oldest in Nigeria and the first aircraft landed in Nigeria was landed in Kano in 1922, with operations starting in 1936.

Calabar is considered as the first capital of Nigeria because it served as the first capital of the Southern Protectorate, the Oil River Protectorate, and Niger Coast Protectorate. This was until the late nineteenth century, when the administrative centre of the Southern protectorate was moved to the colony of Lagos in 1906.

The Protectorate was ended on 1 January 1914, when its area was unified with the Northern Nigeria Protectorate and the Lagos Colony, becoming the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria.

When the two halves of Nigeria were amalgamated, the North allowed Lagos to have the benefit at the expense of the North. It could've easily been Kaduna or Lokoja.

You cannot now say that you own that choice or its inherent results, without the North Lagos would be Ibandan. The North made Lagos what it is, the same way Abuja went from being a small town to being what it is today based on a Northerner's decision.

For too long, the North has taken a back seat, it is time for the North to reassert herself. The time has come.

@ emboldened sir please check your acohol level

Calabar was never the capital of Nigeria

Calabar was the capital of Southern Nigeria before Lagos colony was joined with southern Nigeria which is prequel for Northern Nigeria joining with southern Nigeria in 1914.

From the time Lagos was joined to Southern Nigeria, it became the capital.

Please read your history books very well.

There was no intention by the British to drill Lokoja which still fell in yoruba territory of kabba province although now northern Nigeria.

And again Lagos port has always been profitable for Europeans from the time of Slave trade.

I didn't know North built the first university in Africa

I didn't know North built ikeja industrial hub

I didn't know North built the Lagos airport after the second world war

I didn't know North built ports in Lagos that portuguese first traded with.

Oh and first television station in Africa

I didn't know it was north that built the largest entertainment hub in Africa in Lagos.

Need I go on

8 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Guestlander: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2021
Brimstone77:
igbeni you and your parents did nothing for igbos...

Feed well first before helping igbos..

Comedian. Feed well! Very dumb and arrogant clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Tomek09(m): 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
[s]
uthlaw:
the one peter married is better than the one Paul married that is seeking for divorce....you should have your progress in your state,if your state is a better place instead of running to Western States as ipob are killing you like rat....we don't have anything in common with you people and we can never have any...the same foolish people blaming Yoruba for voting Osibanjo instead of Peter obi....2023 is around the corner,the hypocrite are telling Yoruba not to contest because it is there turn....it is better for you to fight for Biafra because you can never rule this country!
[/s]
I love your tears......cry on grin grin grin
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Covidodo: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
It wasn't just Easterners, it was also Northerners, that man also had a policy where every Northerner was labeled a "beggar" and detained. Many Northerners suffered in silence under that man's regime. Many have never forgotten what he did to fellow Muslims. That is if he is even a Muslim, many of them profess Islam, but treat their fellow Muslims without regard.

Northerners invested more in Lagos than any other tribe. It was the North that made Lagos the capital instead of Kaduna, which in hindsight should have been made the capital. It was this designation by the North that made Lagos what is is today, even up until now you have Dangote investing in Lagos, in years time, these people will turn around to call the North backward and other unprintable names. Imagine.

It is good that many of us are now online in these spaces to see how these people truly view us and we are wiser. We will deal with them at the appropriate time. 2023 is not far.

You have a single digit IQ.
The mumu said Northerners made Lagos capital..

Is that what they fed you on radioBiafraud last night

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by liketerm: 3:27pm On Oct 18, 2021
@op let everybody answer his/her father name, all this unity begging need to stop
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NaijirianKing: 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2021
You seemed to have missed the point.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Iamgrey5(m): 4:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
You seemed to have missed the point.

The North has been at the helm of administration in this nation and the main unifying factor of this nation. Without the North in administration the south with their disunity would destroy themselves, as such the British amalgamated the North and south in order to spread the order that already existed in the North.

As such, the North has been at the helm of administration and most major administrative decisions in this nation first have to go through the North, due to the majority population and administrative tradition.

As such, the decision to make Lagos the capital of Nigeria and not just the "south" was made by the North. Don't you find it strange that Lagos was never the capital of the Western region when Nigeria was still in regions? It would've been the natural choice, however the North decided to allow the Western region to have the nation's capital and highest seat located within that region as a jest to increase unity.

If you remember, the Western region was not sold on one Nigeria then and there were many rumblings by certain elements in that region to pull out of the country. In short, the North has always looked out for the unity of this nation, making Lagos the capital and not putting the capital in the largest most populated region, the North, was a decision made to foster national unity.

Lagos was made the capital by the North, it could've very well been Kaduna, but the North had the interest of unity at heart. The Western region has benefitted from Nigeria more than Nigeria has benefited from that region. Show humility.

The north did not develop Lagos

Please get that into your thick forehead.

The british made Lagos capital and used resources generated from Lagos ports to build infrastructure in Lagos.

Unlike Abuja that had no economic prospects, Lagos was an economic nerve center even before it became the capital of southern Nigeria and then Nigeria.

It was Awolowo that built the industrial hub in ikeja before the military decided to declare it part of Lagos without paying the western region a simple compensation for it.

It was the british that built Lagos ports

It was the Yorubas that made Lagos an entertainment hub through highlife and music

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NaijirianKing: 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
That
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Iamgrey5(m): 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
NaijirianKing:
That is an interesting narrative you've laid out, however, it is not set in the proper context.

Lagos was merely a port where human cargo was shipped from, as such the business created heavy traffic. Once that trade was banned, the port facilities were transitioned for other purposes but nothing like what we see today.

Lagos is the main point of entry in this country, that is for security and also to ensure that Lagos' port infrastructure will be properly utilized.

If you've never left Lagos you may create illusions within the confines of your reality, but in reality, Lagos and what it became was largely due to the influence of the North.

In all honesty, Lagos is an extension of Kano, if we understand that Kano was the powerhouse before any other city. Once oceans took president over Saharan trade, the North simply extended the economy enjoyed by Kano to the south, and Lagos was the choice made for such a destination. Without such a benefit, Lagos would simply be Port Harcourt, or something less than that. This is just the honest truth.

You're welcome my brother. Mai ci da uwa ba shi kukkan sudɗi, Ruwa ba su tsami banza...

@ emboldened
Not minding the nonsense you were typing before, but as soon as I read the emboldened, I realized you might really need help.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
SirBlack999:

Thunder gbagbuo gị there. "Igbos need to work on their persecution paranoia..." like we didn't lose over 3 million to genocide and continue being threatened by your people with lagoon. Didn't expect much from you. Onye ofe mman.ụ

OK, continue keeping grudges and let us see where that takes you in this world.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by SirBlack999(m): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

OK, continue keeping grudges and let us see where that takes you in this world.
emee ịga gwaya mpa gị. Mkpi
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
SirBlack999:
emee ịga gwaya mpa gị. Mkpi

English, please?
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
Op na scam. Tell me why should Yoruba share Lagos with any body? Tell Yoruba Lagos is no man's land is the highest insult you can give Yoruba man. Them no born you well to challenge even the British with that rhetoric.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by GeneralPula: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2021
The Igbos started it..

I saw a thread of 2015, when yoruba elders met with Jonathan after he had marginalized us..

You people need to see what the Igbos are saying..

Here’s the thread Below,

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan/6
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by walefresh3(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2021
helinues:
My friend, Yoruba's are not in the same League with the Igbo's in all ramifications not to talk of having any e-war with them.

Know that and have peace
e be like say u dey work for some bad element... Why do always proffer division sermon with ur ponpurse attitude...
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2021
[s]
Zetra7:
There is no right way to begin this write up, it's a sad reality when the two of Nigeria's brightest tribe cannot work together without sentiment and deep hatred.
The saddest thing about it is that the most backward ( excuse my language) of the tribes takes the advantage and keep the entire country backward.

Igbos and yourbas don't understand the danger that lies ahead but let's talk briefly about the history of this problem.

The civil war happened and the Yourbas were majorly on the side of the North especially when the Igbos think that as a former southern protectorate , the Yourbas should have been on their side.

Secondly after the war, when Igbos were relegated in the 70s and 80s , the Igbos felt Yourbas where wining and dining enjoying the treasures of war by playing second fiddle to the North and refusing to sympathize the injustice done to Igbos..

To the Yourbas, Igbos (now a strong tribe) have become a threat especially at the home front where they seek to dominate in a yourba land. To them, Igbos are arrogant, narcissistic and domineering and some see them as a great threat to the survival of the Yourba race. Hence the need to allign even more with the North.

How then do we solve this problem or rather can Igbos and Yourbas ever unite This is a messy circle of fate which if care is not taken will lead to a physical clash. For example, as long as the Igbos are relegated with lack of infrastructures, lack of land mass for a 50 million tribe, cut off from federal rations, denied self belonging and so on, they will continue to move in droves to other areas most especially Yourba lands and because of their talent , they will prosper and continue to buy lands and dominate in Yourba lands.

A continuous trend of such will one day bring them at par with the real owners of the land causing strife or even violence. This is why some conservatives of Yourbas are already screaming murder today.

Even more, this disunity will keep benefiting only a few elites while many more will keep wallowing in poverty. In order words , Nigeria has no FUTURE without the unity of these two tribes as great nations use their best brains but our best brains are at war.

WAY FORWARD

Igbos have rights to be bitter about the treatment meted out to them post civil war so also Yourbas have right to be angry of accomodating Igbos who talk down on them.

I believe that in order to sue for peace, there should be a broad forum where young Igbos and Yourbas can genuinely meet and form a unified bond. Forget the older ones , they're already set in their ways and will never change, am talking about the young ones.

Deep set hatred will lead us nowhere, even abroad you see that division, foreigners now know that there are two Nigerians ( I said 2 cause they know nothing about the North). How long shall we continue like this?? You hear some Igbos say never trust a yourba man and then some yourbas will say never trust an Igbo man, Imagine!!! Some say never will Igbos rule Nigeria but it's good for Buharis to rule, think there is something psychologically wrong with us.

A white woman once said that racism is a psychological illness and it's true, hatred of another is not normal. Take time, observe and understand another person and you will see
yourself as well.

Will say this especially to Yourbas , will love to see a situation where group of Yourbas young people travel or even live in the east with an open mind and understand the Igbos. learn the language as I have seen lots of Igbos in yourba lands even speaking the language.

I love also to see more Igbos be open to marry Yourbas and learn and celebrate their culture and collaborate with them in other affairs of life..

Enough of these senseless E-WARS.....

[/s]

Crap really. Not worth responding to.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 19, 2021
SirBlack999:

You lost 3 million people in a war you entered wilfully with your eyes open, killing both civilians and soldiers from other ethnic groups when it suited your purpose

You have not lost 3 million, e remain small.

Y'all probably thought war was a teaparty.

You obviously haven't learnt your lessons yet following Nnamdi Kanu like lab rats.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Gbajure(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2021
"the Yourbas, Igbos (now a strong tribe) have become a threat especially at the home front where they seek to dominate in a yourba land. To them, Igbos are arrogant, narcissistic and domineering and some see them as a great threat to the survival of the Yourba race"

You must be on something to type and worse to believe that rubbish. Igbos threat to Yoruba race? How? Where?

It won't take 3 days to clear the whole Yoruba land of any criminal Igbos. Since 2015, have u seen an igbo given political appointment in Lagos again? You have been placed rightly where u belong. Background.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Gbajure(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2021
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened sir please check your acohol level

Calabar was never the capital of Nigeria

Calabar was the capital of Southern Nigeria before Lagos colony was joined with southern Nigeria which is prequel for Northern Nigeria joining with southern Nigeria in 1914.

From the time Lagos was joined to Southern Nigeria, it became the capital.

Please read your history books very well.

There was no intention by the British to drill Lokoja which still fell in yoruba territory of kabba province although now northern Nigeria.

And again Lagos port has always been profitable for Europeans from the time of Slave trade.

I didn't know North built the first university in Africa

I didn't know North built ikeja industrial hub

I didn't know North built the Lagos airport after the second world war

I didn't know North built ports in Lagos that portuguese first traded with.

Oh and first television station in Africa

I didn't know it was north that built the largest entertainment hub in Africa in Lagos.

Need I go on

The guy is pure ipob but faking northerner. U can see from the language
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NyamiriSlayer(m): 8:43am On Nov 16, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Killers Of The Two Imo Monarchs Not IPOB, ESN, Gov Knows The Truth - Sen Anyanwu / India Accidentally Fired Missile Into Pakistan / Kill More Blasphemers, Islamic Clerics Urge Nigerian Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.