Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Igbo And Yourba E-wars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yourba E-wars (1480 Views)

Igbos And Yourba Reality / Proposed Alliance Between IPOB, Boko Haram/ Bandits And Yourba Agitators... / Why Didn't The Fulani Have North North, And Yourba West West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Zetra7: 6:34am On Oct 18, 2021
There is no right way to begin this write up, it's a sad reality when the two of Nigeria's brightest tribe cannot work together without sentiment and deep hatred.
The saddest thing about it is that the most backward ( excuse my language) of the tribes takes the advantage and keep the entire country backward.

Igbos and yourbas don't understand the danger that lies ahead but let's talk briefly about the history of this problem.

The civil war happened and the Yourbas were majorly on the side of the North especially when the Igbos think that as a former southern protectorate , the Yourbas should have been on their side.

Secondly after the war, when Igbos were relegated in the 70s and 80s , the Igbos felt Yourbas where wining and dining enjoying the treasures of war by playing second fiddle to the North and refusing to sympathize the injustice done to Igbos..

To the Yourbas, Igbos (now a strong tribe) have become a threat especially at the home front where they seek to dominate in a yourba land. To them, Igbos are arrogant, narcissistic and domineering and some see them as a great threat to the survival of the Yourba race. Hence the need to allign even more with the North.

How then do we solve this problem or rather can Igbos and Yourbas ever unite This is a messy circle of fate which if care is not taken will lead to a physical clash. For example, as long as the Igbos are relegated with lack of infrastructures, lack of land mass for a 50 million tribe, cut off from federal rations, denied self belonging and so on, they will continue to move in droves to other areas most especially Yourba lands and because of their talent , they will prosper and continue to buy lands and dominate in Yourba lands.

A continuous trend of such will one day bring them at par with the real owners of the land causing strife or even violence. This is why some conservatives of Yourbas are already screaming murder today.

Even more, this disunity will keep benefiting only a few elites while many more will keep wallowing in poverty. In order words , Nigeria has no FUTURE without the unity of these two tribes as great nations use their best brains but our best brains are at war.

WAY FORWARD

Igbos have rights to be bitter about the treatment meted out to them post civil war so also Yourbas have right to be angry of accomodating Igbos who talk down on them.

I believe that in order to sue for peace, there should be a broad forum where young Igbos and Yourbas can genuinely meet and form a unified bond. Forget the older ones , they're already set in their ways and will never change, am talking about the young ones.

Deep set hatred will lead us nowhere, even abroad you see that division, foreigners now know that there are two Nigerians ( I said 2 cause they know nothing about the North). How long shall we continue like this?? You hear some Igbos say never trust a yourba man and then some yourbas will say never trust an Igbo man, Imagine!!! Some say never will Igbos rule Nigeria but it's good for Buharis to rule, think there is something psychologically wrong with us.

A white woman once said that racism is a psychological illness and it's true, hatred of another is not normal. Take time, observe and understand another person and you will see
yourself as well.

Will say this especially to Yourbas , will love to see a situation where group of Yourbas young people travel or even live in the east with an open mind and understand the Igbos. learn the language as I have seen lots of Igbos in yourba lands even speaking the language.

I love also to see more Igbos be open to marry Yourbas and learn and celebrate their culture and collaborate with them in other affairs of life..

Enough of these senseless E-WARS.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Another Fulani ranting

Them full everywhere on social media grin grin

Na them dey shout afonja pass

If you know, you know!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by helinues: 6:38am On Oct 18, 2021
My friend, Yoruba's are not in the same League with the Igbo's in all ramifications not to talk of having any e-war with them.

Know that and have peace

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by PrinceOfLagos: 6:40am On Oct 18, 2021
helinues:
My friend, Yoruba's are not in the same League with the Igbo's in all ramifications not to talk of having any e-war with them.

Know that and have peace
Says a fulani man from Jos

Your divide and rule tactics makes you feel good I guess

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Arda1000(m): 6:40am On Oct 18, 2021
A good right up
But stop calling Ethnic groups tribe,Igbo,Yoruba etc are Ethnic Nationalities like Korean,Japan,German etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by helinues: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Says a fulani man from Jos

Your divide and rule tactics makes you feel good I guess

When would you start making sensible comments on this forum?

This year, next year or never?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by AlabiJ: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2021
E-Wars are just a reflection of how we truly feel about each other as Nigerians. The anonymity that social media platforms like Nairaland confers on its users gives everyone the freedom to express how they really feel. What we see playing out here is the true representation of our feelings for one another when the masks are off. It is what it is.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Iamgrey5(m): 6:51am On Oct 18, 2021
This is simply a perception of igbo man

Yoruba have always been in opposition to Hausa/igbo government. Even immediately after the civil war.

It was only in 2015 the idea changed.

Check Nigerian history very well before trying to sound like a peace maker.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Tomek09(m): 6:55am On Oct 18, 2021
Zetra7:
There is no right way to begin this write up, it's a sad reality when the two of Nigeria's brightest tribe cannot work together without sentiment and deep hatred.
The saddest thing about it is that the most backward ( excuse my language) of the tribes takes the advantage and keep the entire country backward.

Igbos and yourbas don't understand the danger that lies ahead but let's talk briefly about the history of this problem.

The civil war happened and the Yourbas were majorly on the side of the North especially when the Igbos think that as a former southern protectorate , the Yourbas should have been on their side.

Secondly after the war, when Igbos were relegated in the 70s and 80s , the Igbos felt Yourbas where wining and dining enjoying the treasures of war by playing second fiddle to the North and refusing to sympathize the injustice done to Igbos..

To the Yourbas, Igbos (now a strong tribe) have become a threat especially at the home front where they seek to dominate in a yourba land. To them, Igbos are arrogant, narcissistic and domineering and some see them as a great threat to the survival of the Yourba race. Hence the need to allign even more with the North.

How then do we solve this problem or rather can Igbos and Yourbas ever unite This is a messy circle of fate which if care is not taken will lead to a physical clash. For example, as long as the Igbos are relegated with lack of infrastructures, lack of land mass for a 50 million tribe, cut off from federal rations, denied self belonging and so on, they will continue to move in droves to other areas most especially Yourba lands and because of their talent , they will prosper and continue to buy lands and dominate in Yourba lands.

A continuous trend of such will one day bring them at par with the real owners of the land causing strife or even violence. This is why some conservatives of Yourbas are already screaming murder today.

Even more, this disunity will keep benefiting only a few elites while many more will keep wallowing in poverty. In order words , Nigeria has no FUTURE without the unity of these two tribes as great nations use their best brains but our best brains are at war.

WAY FORWARD

Igbos have rights to be bitter about the treatment meted out to them post civil war so also Yourbas have right to be angry of accomodating Igbos who talk down on them.

I believe that in order to sue for peace, there should be a broad forum where young Igbos and Yourbas can genuinely meet and form a unified bond. Forget the older ones , they're already set in their ways and will never change, am talking about the young ones.

Deep set hatred will lead us nowhere, even abroad you see that division, foreigners now know that there are two Nigerians ( I said 2 cause they know nothing about the North). How long shall we continue like this?? You hear some Igbos say never trust a yourba man and then some yourbas will say never trust an Igbo man, Imagine!!! Some say never will Igbos rule Nigeria but it's good for Buharis to rule, think there is something psychologically wrong with us.

A white woman once said that racism is a psychological illness and it's true, hatred of another is not normal. Take time, observe and understand another person and you will see
yourself as well.

Will say this especially to Yourbas , will love to see a situation where group of Yourbas young people travel or even live in the east with an open mind and understand the Igbos. learn the language as I have seen lots of Igbos in yourba lands even speaking the language.

I love also to see more Igbos be open to marry Yourbas and learn and celebrate their culture and collaborate with them in other affairs of life..

@ the bolded......the one that Peter Okoye married, what did she do? She brought division, hatred, discord, rancour, bitterness and strife in Okoye family. Igbo—Yoruba inter-ethnic marriage is rubbish. It doesn't end well at all because Yoruba girls are dirty, unhygienic and always looking unkempt. Igbos have nothing against Yorubas but the problem is that that distrust and dishonesty which had caused problem between the two tribes would be difficult to overcome. Yorubas are envious about Igbos progress and domination in SouthWest as if Igbos outrightly stopped them from progressing too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by helinues: 6:58am On Oct 18, 2021
Tomek09:

@ the bolded......the one that Peter Okoye married, what did she do? She brought division, hatred, discord, rancour, bitterness and strife in Okoye family. Igbo—Yoruba inter-ethnic marriage is rubbish. It doesn't end well at all because Yoruba girls are dirty, unhygienic and always looking unkempt. Igbos have nothing against Yorubas but the problem is that that distrust and dishonesty which had caused problem between the two tribes would be difficult to overcome. Yorubas are envious about Igbos progress and domination in SouthWest as if Igbos outrightly stopped them from progressing too.

Is that all or do you have anything to add to this beautiful gibberish of yours?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Tomek09(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2021
helinues:

Know that and have peace
Lol.....Same league as how??
Is it in education, wealth creation, animal and cash crop production, solid minerals, trade and commerce, infrastructural development, livable cities, social and human capital development? What does Yorubas have that Igbos don't have in hundred folds?? Which pinnacle of education (Professorship, Tons of Medical personnels etc) that Yorubas have which Igbos don't have in hundred folds. Mention all the cities in SouthWest let's compare them with that of SouthEast with pictorial and skyline evidence. Whenever I see Yorubas raising shoulders and boasting of being miles ahead of Igbo, I usually laugh because it reeks of ignorance and not true representation of what's actually obtainable in the two regions. Anything you think you have in ur region is double in Igboland. Thank you!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Guestlander: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2021
Tomek09:

@ the bolded......the one that Peter Okoye married, what did she do? She brought division, hatred, discord, rancour, bitterness and strife in Okoye family. Igbo—Yoruba inter-ethnic marriage is rubbish. It doesn't end well at all because Yoruba girls are dirty, unhygienic and always looking unkempt. Igbos have nothing against Yorubas but the problem is that that distrust and dishonesty which had caused problem between the two tribes would be difficult to overcome. [b]Yorubas are envious about Igbos progress and domination in SouthWest [/b]as if Igbos outrightly stopped them from progressing too.

Nobody is jealous of you on anything. Dangote alone has more money invested in Yorubaland than all ibos combined.
The South Africans are jealous of you, the Ghanaians, the Kenyans, the Indians. Practically all your hosts are jealous of you, even the Chinese.
Ibos are just arrogant and ungrateful people that is why they have problems with everyone.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by mmanwuijele: 7:30am On Oct 18, 2021
Zetra7:

WAY FORWARD

yourself as well.

Smh. You know you're a devil, right? Agent of destruction. Yorubas and Igbos are separate tribes and deserve to flourish without hindering one another.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by DOTian: 7:35am On Oct 18, 2021
helinues:

Know that and have peace
You are right..
With Awawa boys and One million boys dictating events in yorubaland, one can see how far ahead you are.
MC Oluomo people sef...

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by okigbojihad: 7:36am On Oct 18, 2021
Guestlander:

Nobody is jealous of you on anything. Dangote alone has more money invested in Yorubaland than all ibos combined.
The South Africans are jealous of you, the Ghanaians, the Kenyans, the Indians. Practically all your hosts are jealous of you, even the Chinese.
Ibos are just arrogant and ungrateful people that is why they have problems with everyone.

ungrateful kee your father, what have done for the Igbos.. the Igbos owe u nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Guestlander: 7:41am On Oct 18, 2021
okigbojihad:

ungrateful kee your father, what have done for the Igbos.. the Igbos owe u nothing.

My parents did a lot for ibos. I did too, but if I knew what I know now I would have done things differently. That is the unvarnished truth.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by wakaman: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2021
Zetra7:

WAY FORWARD

yourself as well.

Yamree narrative of unity begging.

Up Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Crowwejihadist: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2021
What you people don't know is that Seun Osewa might have sold this platform, though he is a Yoruba man, the Hausas control Nairaland, that's why you see the likes Helinues aka buckeymedia make tribalistic comment and nothing will be done about it.

Another scenario that may have being played out is Seun giving the control of this forum to the federal government, that's why you see one tribalistic mod push any narratives against Omoalabis and Ibos to front page.
Another observation is that some narrative is tilting towards the northern sides that's why you see one tribalistic mod push any thread against IGBOS and Yorubas front page.
The truth is that one mod controlls this forum.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Crowwejihadist: 7:44am On Oct 18, 2021
Have you ever wondered why those kind of thread make it to front page, because it creates division between Ibos and Yorubas and that will even bring more power and authority to the Hausas.

Ask yourself how many times have you seen the acclaimed owner of this forum create threads and argue in some topics but you will see him on twitter forming woke inorder to please his master's.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by wakaman: 7:52am On Oct 18, 2021
Tomek09:

Your exposure has not passed your village.
Oponu!

5 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:29am On Oct 18, 2021
Zetra7:

The problem with many us from the South is that we treat the North as a monolith (apologies to Chimamanda Adichie). But the North is not homogeneous. We might start to understand that region better if we are more willing to study it, rather than stereotype it.

Every region is threatened, not just East and West.

Yorubas were not on the side of the North, but on the side of Nigeria.

There were stories of how Igbos who left their houses in Lagos returned to meet these houses and reclaim them. However, Igbos who ran away from their homes in the East returned to see fellow Igbos occupying them. These fellow Igbos refused to leave.

Yorubas never took houses abandoned by Igbos in Lagos, but Igbos cheated fellow Igbos out of their own properties in the East.

The only people who feel Yorubas hate them are Igbos.

Yorubas never gloated over the pains of Igbos. The Yoruba man who even left everything to fight for Biafra was executed by Ojukwu over a mere suspicion. Till this day, Yorubas don't even bear this grudge against Igbos or even Ojukwu.

Like one of my uncles said, many people (especially, in Lagos) did not even know that a war was going on in Nigeria. Life continued as usual with Friday night outs and owambes which the Yorubas are well known for.

This did not even become an issue until 2015 when Yorubas and Igbos visibly disagreed over their choices for president. While Igbos were largely behind Goodluck Jonathan, Yorubas seemed to be largely behind Muhammadu Buhari.

Why the Igbos hate Buhari so much and love Goodluck Jonathan so much is something I may never understand. But when Yorubas largely supported Buhari, they extended their hatred towards Yorubas as well. And based on the role he played in the coalition that resulted to APC, they have hated Tinubu as well, forgetting that Tinubu was a detribalised governor who welcomed all tribes when he governed Lagos.

The idea that Igbos are arrogant and rude towards their hosts began with the people of Kano shortly after the January 1966 coup which is adjudged an Igbo coup. It was said that when Ahmadu Bello was assassinated, Igbos in Kano gloated over his death, right in the faces of their hosts (Kano people) who would later join in the animosity that led to the targeting of Igbos everywhere in the North, including in the military. Sadly, Igbos still continue to show this disdain towards their hosts. Fortunately for them, Yorubas are highly accommodating towards their guests, even when they have been constantly called cowards because of their easy-going lifestyle.

The question of whether Igbos and Yorubas can ever unite should be directed at Igbos.

Igbos need to understand that no one hates them. They need to cut out their persecution complex, and work on their paranoia.

Yorubas don't have a problem with Igbos doing well in the Western region. Yoruba are known for their accommodating spirits and their carefree lifestyle, never for envy.

But when Igbos began to rub it in the faces of Yorubas (just like they once did in Kano), animosity is bound to arise.

Like it did in Kano.

This is quite right. It is also pertinent that the South understands that the North is not just Fulani and Hausa. Maybe if they knew, they would stop treating the North like a leper.

Yesterday, I was driving from a church where I had gone to play the piano, when I ran into a small holdup. Just beside me, a Hausa guy selling cabbage and some other vegetables was being bullied by some Yoruba thugs. Why? Because he dared to question them before colluding with his vegetables without apologizing or helping him to reset his table. The thugs kept calling him demeaning names. I have lived in Kano (even if briefly), and I don't see Hausas bully other tribes like this. An uncle of mine has stayed there for over 20 years, and mentions that Kano indigenes are very nice towards their guests. In fact, many guests proudly claim Kano as their state of origin.

WAY FORWARD

This is quite true, but Igbos need to let go of the past. That is a sure way to move forward. Keeping grudges limits one.

I don't know.

yourself as well.

Well...

4 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by flokii: 8:30am On Oct 18, 2021
@OP Don't deceive yourself, nothing can ever make light and darkness to unite..

Maybe you don't know, Yorubas of old have a description for those people's parents back then. They called them 'awon omo iran kiran'.
That should tell you that their bad behavior and greed for what belongs to others didn't start today.

Just that I don't want to list the history of pogroms against Igbos alone in the Northern part where they were slaughtered more than cows with highest known fatality suffered by any tribe in Nigeria.
I have nothing personally agaist them and I don't allow them an inch of my space cos just like Ahmadu Bello rightly said, give them shelter and they'll attempt to take the whole house and even kill their host.
These ones are even worse than Fulanis if you ask me. Yorubas have left the main problem that threatens our existence to rear its head under our nose while we focus more on Fulanis.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Brimstone77: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2021
helinues:

Know that and have peace
the only field you are better than the igbos is in the department of skull mining.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Muna4real(f): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2021
They've continued the E- war grin
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by flokii: 8:56am On Oct 18, 2021
Crowwejihadist:
Have you ever wondered why those kind of thread make it to front page, because it creates division between Ibos and Yorubas and that will even bring more power and authority to the Hausas.

Ask yourself how many times have you seen the acclaimed owner of this forum create threads and argue in some topics but you will see him on twitter forming woke inorder to please his master's.

Displaying your evil nature init?
Are Hausas the ones calling Yorubas unprintable names, claiming Lagos is no man's land?

Social Media has exposed most of you already unlike your forbearers who didn't have means of exposing their hate towards Yorubas in the media. It's only a matter of time before y'all start heading back to your enclave and neighboring countries. Once Yorubas stop patronizing your shops and people stop doing business with you, won't you pack your kaya and move elsewhere?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by nku5: 8:59am On Oct 18, 2021
OP- the Igbo vs Yoruba fights online are the direct product of Bola Tinubu's type of demonic politics. His former god son Fashola took it to the next level when he created an entire government department of propaganda that pushes anti-Igbo rhetoric when he was governor.

To milk Lagos dry they had to create an enemy for yorubas to hate. So if you criticise anything they are doing they brand you Igbo no matter your tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Brimstone77: 9:09am On Oct 18, 2021
Guestlander:

My parents did a lot for ibos. I did too, but if I knew what I know now I would have done things differently. That is the unvarnished truth.
igbeni you and your parents did nothing for igbos...

Feed well first before helping igbos..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Grandmeister(m): 10:26am On Oct 18, 2021
nku5:
OP- the Igbo vs Yoruba fights online are the direct product of Bola Tinubu's type of demonic politics. His former god son Fashola took it to the next level when he created an entire government department of propaganda that pushes anti-Igbo rhetoric when he was governor.

To milk Lagos dry they had to create an enemy for yorubas to hate. So if you criticise anything they are doing they brand you Igbo no matter your tribe.
A well known nazi tactic. When the nazi regime was reeling from economic and diplomatic failures they instigated a scapegoat in the form of Jews living in Germany. They started pushing propaganda that it was the Jews living in Germany that were engulfing the jobs, commerce and financial industries in the country. They even labelled them conspirators with foreign enemies. Before long the German citizens started seeing Jews who they've lived with for centuries as the enemy. Without even realising that the nazi party had already plunged them into world war 2.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by deanoffaculty: 10:56am On Oct 18, 2021
Let's save the headache for another day. All I know is the relationship between Yorubas and Igbos is more cordial than any other tribe or Ethnic group......forget E-war. They will come to the internet for face-off during the day and grab a bottles of beer in the night.

One Nigeria!!!
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by Tomek09(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2021
[s]
Guestlander:

[/s]
Most useless comment I have come across recent times. Very useless comment. U framed trash in your mind and start talking nonsense. Same China, India, Malaysia and the U.K that many Igbos are residing or another one. Eleribu.
Re: Igbo And Yourba E-wars by NaijirianKing: 11:45am On Oct 18, 2021
It wasn't

(1) (2) (Reply)

Northern Barbarians Want Me To Condemn IPOB Militants, I Will Not! / Killers Of The Two Imo Monarchs Not IPOB, ESN, Gov Knows The Truth - Sen Anyanwu / The Last Two Major Actors Of The Nigerian Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.