Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Fraud On Card - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud On Card (670 Views)

Fraud On My Account, I Need Urgent Help. / Daylight Fraud On 3rd Mainland Bridge (drivers Beware) / It Seems Banks In Nigeria Are Aiding Fraud On Their Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud On Card by Best978: 12:09pm On Oct 18, 2021
This might be a long read and I'm hoping I get a solution out of this.

Someone used my first bank MasterCard and funded over 95k to his/her bet9ja account. First bank being awful as it is only started giving me the alerts a day and 2 after or I'd have long blocked my card earlier. What's making it even worse is this person I trusted them enough to have maybe used my card to fund them making it easier to fund without requesting an OTP.

I've reached out to First Bank countless times. Calls, emails, even been to the bank physically yet somehow they're claiming they cannot give me the full details of the transaction and I have to get it from Bet9ja. I've already gotten a police report to nab this person.

Bet9ja either are not being helpful. Keep saying it's my bank and they cannot track this person without me getting extra details from my bank.

It just seems as these companies are indirectly promoting fraud. This is really frustrating as the country is hard enough as it is, and having your hard earned money go is even more painful.

Please who knows a way out of this?
Re: Fraud On Card by Fabulouslouie(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2021
Suen
Lalasticlala

Front page please
Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
Count ur lose and move nothing can be done on this particular case next time do not give ur ATM card and pin to anybody not even ur girlfriend undecided
Re: Fraud On Card by Derring: 12:19pm On Oct 18, 2021
Seun
Lalasticlala

Front page please
Re: Fraud On Card by madridguy(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2021
Have you contacted CBN over the matter?
Re: Fraud On Card by Best978: 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Count ur lose and move nothing can be done on this particular case next time do not give ur ATM card and pin to anybody not even ur girlfriend undecided

My losses isn't the problem here. It's the fact that I'd still consider this person a close mate.

If this person gets a chance again, he/she wouldn't think twice to ruin me. Why I'm hell bent on finding the fraudster
Re: Fraud On Card by Best978: 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2021
madridguy:
Have you contacted CBN over the matter?

Yes. Haven't gotten a response yet
Re: Fraud On Card by chatinent: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
Please drop any details you have about this scammer.
Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2021
Best978:

My losses isn't the problem here. It's the fact that I'd still consider this person a close mate.

If this person gets a chance again, he/she wouldn't think twice to ruin me. Why I'm hell bent on finding the fraudster
seek spiritual ways
Re: Fraud On Card by Derring: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
seek spiritual ways
Can you suggest any?�
Re: Fraud On Card by Derring: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
chatinent:
Please drop any details you have about this scammer.
I think no information from what he said above.
Re: Fraud On Card by AllahIsSatan: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2021
You may have to ask your solicitor to take First Bank to court. They usually cooperate if a court order is made against them because they will be scared of the bad publicity it will give them. Perhaps you may also want to publicise your case and make it trend so that their reputation will be at stake if they continue to act irresponsibly.

Best978:
This might be a long read and I'm hoping I get a solution out of this.

Someone used my first bank MasterCard and funded over 95k to his/her bet9ja account. First bank being awful as it is only started giving me the alerts a day and 2 after or I'd have long blocked my card earlier. What's making it even worse is this person I trusted them enough to have maybe used my card to fund them making it easier to fund without requesting an OTP.

I've reached out to First Bank countless times. Calls, emails, even been to the bank physically yet somehow they're claiming they cannot give me the full details of the transaction and I have to get it from Bet9ja. I've already gotten a police report to nab this person.

Bet9ja either are not being helpful. Keep saying it's my bank and they cannot track this person without me getting extra details from my bank.

It just seems as these companies are indirectly promoting fraud. This is really frustrating as the country is hard enough as it is, and having your hard earned money go is even more painful.

Please who knows a way out of this?

1 Like

Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2021
Derring:

Can you suggest any?�
where are you in state
Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
AllahIsSatan:
You may have to ask your solicitor to take First Bank to court. They usually cooperate if a court order is made against them because they will be scared of the bad publicity it will give them. Perhaps you may also want to publicise your case and make it trend so that their reputation will be at stake if they continue to act irresponsibly.

this will make you spend more than u imagine upon the small amount
Re: Fraud On Card by Derring: 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
where are you in state
PH
Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
Derring:

PH
while am in Germany naw unless you hold on am coming back to open my factory in November in Enugu
Re: Fraud On Card by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Derring:

PH
did you change to Derring thought ur best angry
Re: Fraud On Card by Derring: 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
did you change to Derring thought ur best angry
Lol no
He's my guy, we looking at for solutions boss
Which type of company do you intend opening?
Re: Fraud On Card by Boogyman557: 6:03am On Oct 19, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool SO SORRY MAN BUT STILL DNT KNW Y PEOPLE STILL USE ATM CARD. D CUNTREE IS FVCKED UP BIG TIME AND YA ALL KNW IT. SAME REASON I DNT USE BANK. SAME REASON I DNT HVE ATM CARD. SAME REASON I DNT HVE A GF. SAME REASON I HIGH ON MY KUSH 24sc. WTF MAN

(1) (Reply)

ZENOLEESKY AND MOHBAD Regain Freedom From Ndlea Custody(photos/video).. / Kidnappers From Ibadan Caught Trying To Kidnap School Children In Lagos (video) / Owo Massacre: Pastor Goes Radical. Goes To Church With Gun (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.