Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,210 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience (5340 Views)

Man Receives Unreleased Google Pixel 7 Pro After Placing Order For Pixel 6 Pro. / My Hands On Experience With The TECNO Spark 3 & 3 Pro / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by sunshineV(f): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2021
Bodmum:
you must be very stupid mentioning that silly phantom x in The company of almighty pixel and Redmi.
no be fight comrade grin

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2021
ouvredeparis:
Op... Sell this device to me... Name your price comrade
Built tough. Dm
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Betnomore:
I've been a pixel fan ever since the first time I used a Pixel 2xl and still rocking a 4XL presently but I'm still not convinced with Google's tensor chip. Why have a custom chip when it can't perform basic custom features. Qualcomm's high end Snapdragon chip will easily perform all the functions in the Pixel 6 and 6 pro. With the Tensor chip, we are not getting at least 5 years of software update compared to the iPhones. Regarding security, it's not as secured as Apple's iCloud security feature of not being able to wipe the phone clean without the password. Battery life is not stellar. I'm yet to actually see what the Tensor chip does that a high end Snapdragon chip can't do. With this tensor chip, I was expecting a lot more knowong what the previous pixel devices could achieve without a custom chip. Photos and videos should be killing the competition right now but it's not. I just feel there is nothing special in Tensor chip. The question now is WHAT DOES TENSOR CHIP DO?
Well I'd say the custom chipset was made for advanced machine leaning and AI. These are stuff reviewers aren't talking about because users are more obsessed with benchmark scores and camera prowess.

Finally updated to the latest OS and the battery life is stellar (not iphone 13 pro max stellar but an easy full day usage). The camera is really good especially the video. I think the chipset wins more in the AI department. God I think I can't do without voice typing these days and that live transcribe thingy is amazing. As regards fluidity, it's obviously faster than say the Pixel 5.

You've gotta love it for the price and functionality. It's like carrying a personal assistant in your pocket with you all along
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Betnomore: 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Bro AI and Machine learning Na gimmick just like the Soli radar system on the pixel 4xl. Until I see real life use of the AI and Machine learning, the pixel 6 and 6 pro is not a massive improvement to the pixel 4xl. I'm not saying it's a bad phone but it could have been way better.

GChux1:

Well I'd say the custom chipset was made for advanced machine leaning and AI. These are stuff reviewers aren't talking about because users are more obsessed with benchmark scores and camera prowess.

Finally updated to the latest OS and the battery life is stellar (not iphone 13 pro max stellar but an easy full day usage). The camera is really good especially the video. I think the chipset wins more in the AI department. God I think I can't do without voice typing these days and that live transcribe thingy is amazing. As regards fluidity, it's obviously faster than say the Pixel 5.

You've gotta love it for the price and functionality. It's like carrying a personal assistant in your pocket with you all along
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 5:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Betnomore:
Bro AI and Machine learning Na gimmick just like the Soli radar system on the pixel 4xl. Until I see real life use of the AI and Machine learning, the pixel 6 and 6 pro is not a massive improvement to the pixel 4xl. I'm not saying it's a bad phone but it could have been way better.

Don't let them nickpicking reviewers make you lose the chance of one o. Been using this one and it gets more awesome by the day
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Lexusgs430: 7:18am On Feb 20, 2022
GChux1:

Don't let them nickpicking reviewers make you lose the chance of one o. Been using this one and it gets more awesome by the day

Don't let this thread die, it's truly a device to behold........

More recent updates, are slowing clearing up all known bugs ........

Two things with my pixel 6 pro, that I have noticed.......

This device rejects older chargers and 3rd party chargers and is lacking face unlock (let's hope Google adds face unlock with subsequent updates).......

Who needs to type with the gboard? My god that feature is absolutely fantastic. .... (all this was spoken-typed)

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by willian10: 12:22am On Jul 12, 2022
I have a brandnew pixel 6 for sale

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by noobody(m): 6:58am On Jul 12, 2022
Something similar in Ghana right now,

But this story diff from yours abit

https://twitter.com/soulpee/status/1546565513702260742?t=0efuXw_AJzURH-MeRd165A&s=19
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 10:44am On Sep 18, 2022
noobody:
Something similar in Ghana right now,

But this story diff from yours abit

https://twitter.com/soulpee/status/1546565513702260742?t=0efuXw_AJzURH-MeRd165A&s=19

Bet he'd be scared shitless using it
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Eyanbahose: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
willian10:
I have a brandnew pixel 6 for sale
for how much?
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Eyanbahose: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Betnomore:
I've been a pixel fan ever since the first time I used a Pixel 2xl and still rocking a 4XL presently but I'm still not convinced with Google's tensor chip. Why have a custom chip when it can't perform basic custom features. Qualcomm's high end Snapdragon chip will easily perform all the functions in the Pixel 6 and 6 pro. With the Tensor chip, we are not getting at least 5 years of software update compared to the iPhones. Regarding security, it's not as secured as Apple's iCloud security feature of not being able to wipe the phone clean without the password. Battery life is not stellar. I'm yet to actually see what the Tensor chip does that a high end Snapdragon chip can't do. With this tensor chip, I was expecting a lot more knowong what the previous pixel devices could achieve without a custom chip. Photos and videos should be killing the competition right now but it's not. I just feel there is nothing special in Tensor chip. The question now is WHAT DOES TENSOR CHIP DO?
quick one, what's the function of a tensor chip?
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by willian10: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Eyanbahose:
for how much?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recover Stolen Blackberry Mtn Nigeria / Samsung Smartphones Are Vulnerable To Remote Wipe Attack / How To Stop Mtn Flash Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.