Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience (5342 Views)

Man Receives Unreleased Google Pixel 7 Pro After Placing Order For Pixel 6 Pro. / My Hands On Experience With The TECNO Spark 3 & 3 Pro / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Tomorrow, October 19th 2021, Google announces the release of the long-awaited Google Pixel 6/6 Pro smartphones and in an era where announcements from Samsung and Apple dominate the tech media, this time around, tomorrow’s Pixel reveal promises to gain enormous coverage owing to one major factor - the new custom Tensor chipset by Google. Thus, as a diehard fan of the Google Pixel line-ups all the way back in the days of the Nexus era and out of sheer enthusiasm, I got my hands on the Pixel 6 Pro way earlier than usual.

How did I get my hands on a Google Pixel 6 Pro back in September when it is yet to be officially released? This is a question I was asked by a ton of friends and some popular tech writers from the US to the UK and here in Nigeria. However, to protect my source, I kept that question mostly unanswered so that things don’t go south from any angle. But I’d say that as someone who is mostly active selling gadgets and Pixels in the Technology Market thread, it’s not hard to recognize that I am a huge Google Pixel fan and indeed, I couldn’t balk at the chance to use an early render of the Pixel 6 Pro. I got it towards the end of August in the US and it arrived Nigeria in September.

The unit with me happens to be a PVT unit - a finished product used to fine-tune the finishing touches of an operating system. It has a triple rear camera set-up housing a 50 megapixel primary camera, a 4x telephoto lens guaranteed to give you quality optical zoom, and an ultrawide capability. The front camera reminds you of Samsung’s Galaxy s21 hole-punch camera beautifully centered on the top. The one with me has 12gb ram and 256gb of storage. A dig into the device shows that it was installed with an early version of Android 12 (probably the 1st or 2nd beta), thus, like most of the bloggers and reviewers speculated about my device, it was indeed running an unfinished software.

The size being 6.7” on paper may seem too big for most people. Basically I prefer smaller phones the size of Pixel 3/4/5. But using this unit was beginning to settle in with me overtime even though my plan is to eventually go for the regular Pixel 6 for the love of the smaller size and ergonomics. But that plan looks like it might be modified because of one thing - a crispy buttery smooth 120hz refresh rate of the 6 Pro’s display. As a phone seller, I have coarsely played with the Galaxy s21 Ultra and the iPhone 13 Pro and their 120hz refresh rate didn’t seem like a big deal compared to the 90hz of the Pixel 4/5 I have been used to. But my oh my! There’s a pellucid difference playing with a phone for a few hours compared to actually using it. It appears I have grown to love the feel of the Pixel 6 pro such that I may ditch my consideration for the regular Pixel 6. Like I told some of my friends, I compared my Pixel 6 Pro that’s sporting an unfinished software to having a chance to frolic with Nicki Minaj — booty lovers can figure. Anyway,using the phone feels excitingly refreshing and it is a huge bump to the smoothness that we Pixel fans have been accustomed to.

I’d say it was quite elating seeing that the first public leak/reveal of the Pixel 6 Pro prior to release happened to be my unit in Nigeria. When a friend of mine first posted it online, it generated a lot of media attention that I never anticipated from sites like The Verge, 9to5Google, Tom’s Guide, Android Central, GSMArena, Android Police and several others including some well-known Youtube reviewers. I was in touch with some of them, answering questions and releasing a few information about the device, and it intriguingly wowed them that a mere enthusiast like me could lay his hand on a device highly anticipated and never seen as at then. I also got to find out that I may piss Google off for having my hands on one and leaking certain stuff out there. But I sorta think that the leaks brought more interest to the Pixel 6 line-up then than there ever was. So I think I deserve to be given some accolades by Uncle Google, you know lol. But I had to stay undercover nonetheless until now in this community. I ducked all temptations to correct some impressions or wrong speculations on the web and in comment sections while following several news regarding the Pixel 6,

For now, I eagerly await the reveal of the Pixel 6 line-up so I can update the OS to the finished version and then I’d probably share more of the wonders it can do. Folks have reached out to me inquiring whether it would be a worthy upgrade from the Pixel 5 or Pixel 4 or even the s21 Ultra and the iPhone 13 Pro. My answer is, to be as modest and less fanboyistic as possible, YES.

The unique looks, the new promising Tensor chipset and the obvious camera prowess of the phone are enough reasons to jumpship to the Pixel 6. The phone is currently with someone who will be flashing the finished software file on it once it gets hosted next week. By then, I’d answer questions about the new features exclusive to the Pixel 6, especially the new camera algorithms. You may want to visit this IG page @gogeekish to take a peek at some pictures taken with the phone's camera (even though this one's algorithms haven't been updated to the leaked new features like magic eraser and the likes) . Stay tuned on the Technology Market thread for Pixel 6 deals when they become available.

Cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Flamees(m): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2021
Hm
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by 2horsePOWER(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2021
Boss!
When the gsmarena guy mentioned Nigeria,
I don know say na you grin

5 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2021
2horsePOWER:
Boss!
When the gsmarena guy mentioned Nigeria,
I don know say na you grin
Make I no too dey biased.... But the phone make brain weller

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2021
Finally !!! I will use miracood2 for money ritual soon then buy this phone
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
Finally !!! I will use my mother for money ritual soon then buy this phone

Desist from evil

4 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by dasphinx1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
So it was you!!!!!!
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2021
Miracood2:

Yes I know I'm useless , let me be useful for once in my life.. thanks for this opportunity
Don't thank me, thank God for giving me such wonderful idea!! cool cool

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2021
Wait o.... So Na this guy
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Jacku: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
Wow! This is nice
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Jacku: 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2021
GChux1:

weller na
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by 4ckyou: 10:32pm On Oct 18, 2021
the picture is not clear
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by imhomoh(m): 2:53am On Oct 19, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJObO4TM08E

GChux1:
Tomorrow, October 19th 2021, Google announces the release of the long-awaited Google Pixel 6/6 Pro smartphones and in an era where announcements from Samsung and Apple dominate the tech media, this time around, tomorrow’s Pixel reveal promises to gain enormous coverage owing to one major factor - the new custom Tensor chipset by Google. Thus, as a diehard fan of the Google Pixel line-ups all the way back in the days of the Nexus era and out of sheer enthusiasm, I got my hands on the Pixel 6 Pro way earlier than usual.

How did I get my hands on a Google Pixel 6 Pro back in September when it is yet to be officially released? This is a question I was asked by a ton of friends and some popular tech writers from the US to the UK and here in Nigeria. However, to protect my source, I kept that question mostly unanswered so that things don’t go south from any angle. But I’d say that as someone who is mostly active selling gadgets and Pixels in the Technology Market thread, it’s not hard to recognize that I am a huge Google Pixel fan and indeed, I couldn’t balk at the chance to use an early render of the Pixel 6 Pro. I got it towards the end of August in the US and it arrived Nigeria in September.

The unit with me happens to be a PVT unit - a finished product used to fine-tune the finishing touches of an operating system. It has a triple rear camera set-up housing a 50 megapixel primary camera, a 4x telephoto lens guaranteed to give you quality optical zoom, and an ultrawide capability. The front camera reminds you of Samsung’s Galaxy s21 hole-punch camera beautifully centered on the top. The one with me has 12gb ram and 256gb of storage. A dig into the device shows that it was installed with an early version of Android 12 (probably the 1st or 2nd beta), thus, like most of the bloggers and reviewers speculated about my device, it was indeed running an unfinished software.

The size being 6.7” on paper may seem too big for most people. Basically I prefer smaller phones the size of Pixel 3/4/5. But using this unit was beginning to settle in with me overtime even though my plan is to eventually go for the regular Pixel 6 for the love of the smaller size and ergonomics. But that plan looks like it might be modified because of one thing - a crispy buttery smooth 120hz refresh rate of the 6 Pro’s display. As a phone seller, I have coarsely played with the Galaxy s21 Ultra and the iPhone 13 Pro and their 120hz refresh rate didn’t seem like a big deal compared to the 90hz of the Pixel 4/5 I have been used to. But my oh my! There’s a pellucid difference playing with a phone for a few hours compared to actually using it. It appears I have grown to love the feel of the Pixel 6 pro such that I may ditch my consideration for the regular Pixel 6. Like I told some of my friends, I compared my Pixel 6 Pro that’s sporting an unfinished software to having a chance to frolic with Nicki Minaj — booty lovers can figure. Anyway,using the phone feels excitingly refreshing and it is a huge bump to the smoothness that we Pixel fans have been accustomed to.

I’d say it was quite elating seeing that the first public leak/reveal of the Pixel 6 Pro prior to release happened to be my unit in Nigeria. When a friend of mine first posted it online, it generated a lot of media attention that I never anticipated from sites like The Verge, 9to5Google, Tom’s Guide, Android Central, GSMArena, Android Police and several others including some well-known Youtube reviewers. I was in touch with some of them, answering questions and releasing a few information about the device, and it intriguingly wowed them that a mere enthusiast like me could lay his hand on a device highly anticipated and never seen as at then. I also got to find out that I may piss Google off for having my hands on one and leaking certain stuff out there. But I sorta think that the leaks brought more interest to the Pixel 6 line-up then than there ever was. So I think I deserve to be given some accolades by Uncle Google, you know lol. But I had to stay undercover nonetheless until now in this community. I ducked all temptations to correct some impressions or wrong speculations on the web and in comment sections while following several news regarding the Pixel 6,

For now, I eagerly await the reveal of the Pixel 6 line-up so I can update the OS to the finished version and then I’d probably share more of the wonders it can do. Folks have reached out to me inquiring whether it would be a worthy upgrade from the Pixel 5 or Pixel 4 or even the s21 Ultra and the iPhone 13 Pro. My answer is, to be as modest and less fanboyistic as possible, YES.

The unique looks, the new promising Tensor chipset and the obvious camera prowess of the phone are enough reasons to jumpship to the Pixel 6. The phone is currently with someone who will be flashing the finished software file on it once it gets hosted next week. By then, I’d answer questions about the new features exclusive to the Pixel 6, especially the new camera algorithms. You may want to visit this IG page @gogeekish to take a peek at some pictures taken with the phone's camera (even though this one's algorithms haven't been updated to the leaked new features like magic eraser and the likes) . Stay tuned on the Technology Market thread for Pixel 6 deals when they become available.

Cheers!

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Kaymax2222: 4:28am On Oct 19, 2021
Hmm
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by jojothaiv(m): 7:56am On Oct 19, 2021
See doings and OP said it's no review..

I guess this is an essay abi
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 8:23am On Oct 19, 2021
jojothaiv:
See doings and OP said it's no review..

I guess this is an essay abi
Na when I update to the commercial/official software I go do review. Not essay cheesy
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
Finally !!! I will use miracood2 for money ritual soon then buy this phone
Ejoor ooo
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by elbuzzy(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
Nice
One bro, lovely write up

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
elbuzzy:
Nice
One bro, lovely write up
Appreciated boss
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Winningbot: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2021
op you can make enough money with your unreleased phone, all you have to do is give a hands-on review on it and send to a tech company that's all..... they will pay you millions of naira and thousands of dollars

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2021
Winningbot:
op you can make enough money with your unreleased phone, all you have to do is give a hands-on review on it and send to a tech company that's all..... they will pay you millions of naira and thousands of dollars
Tried that my brother. Being in Naija screwed up one deal even when I offered to DHL. 2, some of them reviewers form that they don't pay for info leaks way back in September. So, make I jejely flex my phone
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
GChux1:

Some leaks are part of marketing strategy. Phones must be tested before release. I viewed the phone before release. I'm not impressed with the size though as I have always loved the option to have a 6" or below size. I'm getting the pixel 6 and it's will be the first time I'll be using a 6.4" as my daily driver. I updated to android 12 already and it's pretty cool.
Nice you were able to get a PVT unit and created some buzz in the pixel space.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 6:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
Studymore123:

Some leaks are part of marketing strategy. Phones must be tested before release. I viewed the phone before release. I'm not impressed with the size though as I have always loved the option to have a 6" or below size. I'm getting the pixel 6 and it's will be the first time I'll be using a 6.4" as my daily driver. I updated to android 12 already and it's pretty cool.
Nice you were able to get a PVT unit and created some buzz in the pixel space.
Gbam!
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by CondemnBattery(f): 12:33am On Oct 21, 2021
GChux1:

Please which is better, I need a change of phone.

Between Techno Phantom x, redmi, Samsung a22/a32. And this google pixel 6 Which should I go for? Thanks.

I planned getting redmi note10 pro but any suggestions will be appreciated
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 5:28am On Oct 21, 2021
CondemnBattery:

Between Techno Phantom x, redmi, Samsung a22/a32. And this google pixel 6 Which should I go for? Thanks.

You definitely can't go wrong with the Pixel 6. It's the better deal amongst the lot you mentioned. Early reviews suggest that it's going to be more powerful than these other options you mentioned.
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by CondemnBattery(f): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2021
Thanks
GChux1:

You definitely can't go wrong with the Pixel 6. It's the better deal amongst the lot you mentioned. Early reviews suggest that it's going to be more powerful than these other options you mentioned.
Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Kreamie(m): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2021
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by ouvredeparis: 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
Op... Sell this device to me... Name your price comrade

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 29, 2021
CondemnBattery:

you must be very stupid mentioning that silly phantom x in The company of almighty pixel and Redmi.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
CondemnBattery:

pixel 3a na phantom x mate?

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by GChux1: 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Bodmum:
pixel 3a na phantom x mate?
Abi o. The magic eraser feature on the pixel 6 pro is rumored to come to older pixels. That's feature works indeed like magic. Only God knows when it will come to other devices like that

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel 6 Pro - A Nairalander’s Hands-on Experience by Betnomore: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2021
I've been a pixel fan ever since the first time I used a Pixel 2xl and still rocking a 4XL presently but I'm still not convinced with Google's tensor chip. Why have a custom chip when it can't perform basic custom features. Qualcomm's high end Snapdragon chip will easily perform all the functions in the Pixel 6 and 6 pro. With the Tensor chip, we are not getting at least 5 years of software update compared to the iPhones. Regarding security, it's not as secured as Apple's iCloud security feature of not being able to wipe the phone clean without the password. Battery life is not stellar. I'm yet to actually see what the Tensor chip does that a high end Snapdragon chip can't do. With this tensor chip, I was expecting a lot more knowong what the previous pixel devices could achieve without a custom chip. Photos and videos should be killing the competition right now but it's not. I just feel there is nothing special in Tensor chip. The question now is WHAT DOES TENSOR CHIP DO?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Free Calls To All Networks / Innjoo Leap 3 Discussion Thread / Happy New Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.