Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,101 members, 7,835,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 (41236 Views)

Nottingham Forest Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 1st January 2023 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 1st January 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by martineverest(m): 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
Babaj145:

Y'all stop all these nonsense talk...after spending over how many millions of pounds...wetin una expect before?
but man u have spent more mlney than any other clubs in epl in last 5 years.......chelsea expenditure is almost equal to that of man city in past 5 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by richmanrichard: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2022
starbuck205:
Gh folks are smart. I like the site. Nairaland branch in Gh
make i join
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Felabrity: 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
In man city lineup today, how many of their academy players started the game compared to Arsenal?

Difference.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Angelfrost(m): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vinnie2000:

[/b]

Lolsss... cheesy sad

U just getting to know?

England is the Most corrupt country in Europe! They play Politics with virtually they do!

The Federal Character u see in Nigeria today where Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa, etc must be Represented in any Appointments was Learnt from the British! sad

Roberto Mancini picked his Italian team for Euro 2021 played on his own Player's assessment..
Southgate picked his team based on 'Federal Character'. An Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Liverpool player must be there! undecided sad

That "Federal Character" is the very reason why they will never win world cup or any major trophy as a country!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Bifwoli: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2022
Enoch3721:
even commentator said that the city players are not getting booked.When will we ever have consistency?? No point in VAR when it's not even coming close. Fails to rectify the Jota decision vs Spurs but then does for Man City today, having failed to get the Ref look at the Arsenal shout in the same game. Bizarre. I'd rather potentially dodgy but entirely human decisions in the heat of the moment decided these things than this current circus.
These refs have been to refereeing school and they have all the rules drilled in their heads.That's something you and the "know it all" commentators don't have.

ManCity won fair and square ,stop having emotions ruining your judgement .

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Reference(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vinnie2000:

[/b]

I just see u guys complaining about Poor officiating! undecided
The game was killed by XHAKA! He is a Terrible, Static midfielder that uses 'Experience and leadership quality' to Deceive Arsenal! sad

He is almost sold to AS Roma last summer But Suddenly brought back to Captain Brendford's match!
Looks like those Super Eagles Players Politics stuff where a Bad Player is played no matter what! Currently, they are trying to sell AMN to Roma and Leave the Dude till God knows when! sad embarassed

Part of the Corruption/Politics we are Talking about! sad

I didn't see any poor officiating today that changed the outcome of the match.
A shirt tug in the box is an infringement.
The scuffing of the pen spot as well by Gabriel. Ramsdale was lucky his wasn't seen.
These are all juvenile acts that big players do not commit in big games.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Ekpekus(m): 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

I said it in my last comment that arsenal don't have the mental capacity to draw a team like city at FT. The pressure from a team like City will always burn teams of Arsenal's calibre.

Football may have lost according to you but Pep won and he's a beast of a coach

#Farmers
What pressure? Was it after the red card or before the red card?
How many shot on goal did city have?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Carlyboi(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
Fraudiola 1.5b pounds team couldn’t crack a youthful and inform arsenal side so he had to employ the referee too
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by jornwhite: 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
richmanrichard:
he is a legend in red card.no rival as far as epl is involved

which is why i said arsenal mgt. should call him to table beg him, or promise him incentive for every 5match he plays without a red ... see as he just spoil others hard work, no be say silva even dey perfect angle
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by mentored: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
thoollz:
It's utterly embarrassing how mancity is bossing the EPL, there's actually no one to challenge them.

This time last season they were 8th on the table and they still won the league.

Ladies and gentlemen, the EPL has finally become a farmer's league thanks to Pep and his army.

Eyaaaa

Anytime anyone genuinely bosses the English league

They boss the champions league

Typical example is Liverpool and Man U in their prime

Even Chelsea be doing it time and again.

But City?

Eyaaaaaaaaaah

That’s what happens when you bosssss by dubious means

When you go outside your terrain

You mess up

Go ask North African countries that boss us here by stupid officiating and can’t get anywhere on the international scene
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Banhammy717: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
Arsenal lost to bad officiating.
Man City can only win game like this in EPL, they are not contender for Champions League.

Well played Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by DareyFortified: 4:13pm On Jan 01, 2022
NiggasInParis:
Weldone guys...Una no loose form one bit... Shame no even catch this Man city players them de move shirt on top one goal

The Referee deserves serious beating! Nonsense

Even Ronaldo sef dey comot shirt for offside goal. grin grin

Thank you we no get shame! 3point in the bag.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Alexxyomo: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
We don't need their support
We move

Doyou2019:

After this controversial game, for the first time in a long while, I do not think Citeh will be getting any support from Arsenal fans in their title race.

They don't deserve this win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by judedwriter(m): 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Watched the match

So sad....

I thought I would gloat over man city being beaten and their 10 match winning run halted.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

Them go wail tire bruh Lool!!!
nah so brother
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

I support good football sir... Arsenal have been at the receiving end of a generally poor officiating today.

City is dropping form from my perspective!

If only Liverpool and Chelsea will capitalize.

City have always been favoured ever since Pep came to England. I don't know what it is with that man and refs. He has never been in a league where he hasn't been favoured by refs and the football body

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

He has not won the league for 3 straight years, and you are saying farmer league?

So by ending of May, can we call it farmer's league?

Pep never won laliga 3 times in a row. He's on course to do so in the fcckin EPL. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Mustiboy(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
richmanrichard:
d table shows dat city n man u spent most

So how many trophies has man utd won since spending that much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by richmanrichard: 4:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
jornwhite:

which is why i said arsenal mgt. should call him to table beg him, or promise him incentive for every 5match he plays without a red ... see as he just spoil others hard work, no be say silva even dey perfect angle
hahaha.but arsenal needs more of his type but they shud ve sense
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Angelfrost:

Ojoro game! Useless corrupt referee and VAR! tongue
The ref is shit no doubt

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

City have always been favoured ever since Pep came to England. I don't know what it is with that man and refs. He has never been in a league where he hasn't been favoured by refs and the football body
You no get point abeg

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by freeman67: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
The game was well played. It wasn't Arsenal's to win. If Martinelli had buried his last attempt before the penalty City would have gone to pass the ball instead.

The had work and determination was there but mentally, the team hasn't arrived yet. Xhaka has no business holding the guy in box 18 whether he was diving or not.

Though the Ref was kind of rash in his distribution of cards especially to Arsenal players (like his card to Saka and Gabriel's first card) which somehow affected the game, I think Arsenal players too should try and manage their temperament when winning in big games especially. Nothing wrong if they complain to their captain and allow him take issues up to the Ref instead of talking anyhow.

In all it was a good fight between two top 4 teams.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

Stop all these talk and move on. Arsenal lost, VAR messed up. Move on. It didn't start today. There's a reason some fans use the term LiVARpool. There's also a reason fans used the term Penandes. Blame EPL board not the manager, the player or the clubs. The ref did nothing wrong. The referee is not VAR.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by scally11: 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Many of you guys saying Guardiola is fraud and he should win the champions league. You have forgotten he has two already and unlucky to win the last finals. When a coach is good he is good. Let's say it as it is. Currently, he is one of the best coaches around. Deal with it

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by richmanrichard: 4:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Mustiboy:

they ve won more penalties na angry
Mustiboy:

they ve won more penalties na
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2022
judedwriter:
Watched the match

So sad....

I thought I would gloat over man city being beaten and their 10 match winning run halted.

E shock you abi grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Timoleon(m): 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Focus on bought. Forget this deceit.
Mustiboy:

STFU
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

So by ending of May, can we call it farmer's league?

Pep never won laliga 3 times in a row. He's on course to do so in the fcckin EPL. Lol

man city go win 5 back2left this time bro….dem no go know wetin hit them….

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Lamasta(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:

Take heart bro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by kilisi(m): 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
Do you know how many fouls Rodri committed today and wasn't booked, and boom! Gabriel was sent off. So shocking!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Lamasta:

You no get point abeg
that dude Dey watch epl matches on livescores, na man city don suffer pass 4 VAR hand… google is their friend make dem dig o.. VAR no like Man city at all…

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

When Chelsea Is On Your Betslip... / Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 23rd August 2014 / Chelsea Vs Leicester City (1 - 1) On 18th August 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.