Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 (41158 Views)

Nottingham Forest Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 1st January 2023 / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 1) On 1st January 2020 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 1st January 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2022
Bifwoli:
These refs have been to refereeing school and they have all the rules drilled in their heads.That's something you and the "know it all" commentators don't have.

ManCity won fair and square ,stop having emotions ruining your judgement .
hmmmm so u are telling me that there was nothing like bad officiating or controversial decision in this just concluded fixture,,,,, let's start from which club do u support?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Lekan239(m): 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2022
starring:
The main issue with the penalty is surely that Stuart Atwell was called over to look at the Xhaka foul but not the Ederson one in the first half.

Hard to see where the difference is between the incidents.
in the premier League, VAR do not call the ref, the Ref call VAR
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

So by ending of May, can we call it farmer's league?

Pep never won laliga 3 times in a row. He's on course to do so in the fcckin EPL. Lol

Trash... Fergie is the only coach that did 3 on a row three times in epl, and yet no one called it farmers league... and Pep is not on course to do any 3 on a row... its double for now, Oga....

He would have done it in laliga, thanks to Mou who ended it grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Callmemike:

Michael Oliver is one of the best refs in Europe. Since that game, he has never missed a call up. And he officiates high profile games in Europe. Remove emotions please

kk boss I guess I didn't check my stats but can we agree to d fact DAT England have some officiating deficiencies
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Smooyis(m): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
Respect for the gunners

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by King71(m): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2022
kingRagnarr:
how will u knw when u ddnt watch the match
So stat lied abiiiii
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2022
Vinnie2000:

No Bro! sad

He has!

2008/2009
2009/2010
2010/2011..
He was on course to make it 4x in a Row like Johan Cryuff, B4 Mourihno halted him in 2011/2012! smiley

This is why barca fans hate Mourinho... he would have won UCL (3ce) too on a row until Mourinho happened in 2010.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

Trash... Fergie is the only coach that did 3 on a row three times in epl, and yet no one called it farmers league... and Pep is not on course to do any 3 on a row... its double for now, Oga....

grin bruh....

Enjoy yourself!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by oyatainer(m): 5:09pm On Jan 01, 2022
kilisi:

Only Barca fans will believe city has not had a rub of the green this season while their challengers have been very unfortunate.

Liverpool deserved a penalty on Jota against Tottenham and then Kane should have been sent off too. Then, Robertson got sent off for a foul not as bad as Kane. By the letter of the law, Arsenal should have been awarded a penalty today while city got theirs.

I'm beginning to think VAR should be cancelled in the EPL and allow for human error. Or what's the point of having VAR with so much inconsistencies.

Maybe they should just give Man City the title and let everyone of rest. That way, we can focus our attentions and emotions on other things that are fair and just.

You saw all these but you didn't see Salah handball. You are a biased. If any team should complain this season, it shouldnt be Liverpool. Many bad calls have been made in favor of Liverpool and they just had a taste of one you never keep quiet since.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2022
Silentgroper:
What does over 2.5 mean?

happy new year by the way.

Happy new year, my dear.

Over 2.5 is more than 2. At least 3 cards to be shown.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

grin bruh....

Enjoy yourself!!!

Fact stares you in the Face abi.... grin... you wanted to gloat with 3/3, forgetting someone else has done it earlier.... grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Babaj145(m): 5:12pm On Jan 01, 2022
Mustiboy:

STFU

You STFU fool

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

since 09/10 no team don win EPl back2left, except City… it’s another back2back this season and it’s going get ugly cos City doesn’t look tired yet, Liverpool ain’t recruiting they still depend on Salah Mane, Chelsea can only try but they lack consistency. This is modern football!!!! This na una most hyped EPL….this isn’t laliga or Bundesliga, Do you know how many points city collected from Top teams so far this season, do the maths….

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by oyatainer(m): 5:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
paxonel:
ref don bet straight win for man city, he nor won loose him money

Stop castigating the rẹ free because you are disappointed that City did not fall. Ref did not make decision. In fact, he has made it play on but the dragging of the shirt was too obvious to turn down for foul after a soft contact.

Why should Xaka hold the shirt again when the guy was struggling to move? The call by VAR is the reason not referee direct decision. Although, Arsenal ought to have been given a penalty earlier.

Arsenal deserve something bigger today but need to be discipline at the back too.

When Arsenal were dominating Man City, city absorb pressure well not by unreasonable fouls but it was clear that Man City were not allowed to play their game

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:16pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

This is why barca fans hate Mourinho... he would have won UCL (3ce) too on a row until Mourinho happened in 2010.... grin
nah one small team end Jose’s home unbeaten record in laliga oo, for una epl una no fit beat am

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2022
Teaser4:
nah one small team end Jose’s home unbeaten record in laliga oo, for una epl una no fit beat am

Clown... mourinho did 100 points I laliga what pep could not do

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
crazygod:

Seems you didn't see it well. Silva was already going down. That was pure diving.

If someone was already dying and then you pull out a gun and shot them dead in the head, is that a valid defense for why you shouldn’t be punished?

He should have let him go down on his own. The shirt pull was what gave the penalty away

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Htt0: 5:18pm On Jan 01, 2022
Oh
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by omonla10(m): 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
Drakkernoir:

What the hell is "Ake" doing in that position?
walker just came back into the team.. Did u see how inexperienced his bench was?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by jornwhite: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2022
richmanrichard:
hahaha.but arsenal needs more of his type but they shud ve sense

to collect more red cards or penalty, which one tongue Eleny could av being a better choice, God knows why

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by mayor1814: 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Arsenal used their own hands and legs to spoil the wonderful work they did. First of all why pulling the shirt of Bernado in the box 18. To be fair to the referee, he first said NO to the penalty but on a closer look and the VAR it was clear it was a penalty. Then arsenal fans went on rampage and that made arsenal players lost their head. They were hovering around the referee unnecessarily as if they wanted to beat him. Gabriel of arsenal should know better when he brought down Gabriel of Man city.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

Clown... mourinho did 100 points I laliga what pep could not do
Mor0n shebi laliga na farmers league, why Mou no do am for epl, but Pep did it without Messi, Iniesta and Xavi…. How old are you sef I no Dey like chat with kids cos una plenty here, with that cheap techno phones and free airtel data…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by DownChelsea(f): 5:22pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

So by ending of May, can we call it farmer's league?

Pep never won laliga 3 times in a row. He's on course to do so in the fcckin EPL. Lol

no team on the face of this earth can win the EPL 3 times in a row.

Of course except Prime Manchester United
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Silentgroper(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2022
Teaser4:
3 goals minimum
UyaiIncomparabl:

Happy new year, my dear.

Over 2.5 is more than 2. At least 3 cards to be shown.
Teaser4:
3 goals minimum
Nw which one of u is playing with me? Is it goals or card or both
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Jokerman(m): 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Teaser4:
Mor0n shebi laliga na farmers league, why Mou no do am for epl, but Pep did it without Messi, Iniesta and Xavi…. How old are you sef I no Dey like chat with kids cos una plenty here, with that cheap techno phones and free airtel data…

Fergie 1999 and 2008 >> Any Pep Epl team
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

Fact stares you in the Face abi.... grin... you wanted to gloat with 3/3, forgetting someone else has done it earlier.... grin

Facts? What facts?

That Fergie never defeated Pep and almost had stroke watching Pep destroy United twice in UCL final?

Or Pep dominanting the EPL like it's a piece of doughnut?

I need the facts. I'm online to reply all your mentions

3 in a row is 100% sure for king Pep. You can save this missive and call me out end of May.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

Yet he almost had stroke watching his United team suffer in the hands of Pep.

Fergie is great, take nothing away but LOL!!!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
DownChelsea:
no team on the face of this earth can win the EPL 3 times in a row.

Of course except Prime Manchester United

Wow.... grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2022
BoomBucks:

Facts? What facts?

That Fergie never defeated Pep and almost had stroke watching Pep destroy United twice in UCL final?

Or Pep dominanting the EPL like it's a piece of doughnut?

I need the facts. I'm online to reply all your mentions

3 in a row is 100% sure for king Pep. You can save this missive and call me out end of May.
Comrade increase the volume, carry am go 100… Ferguson na Pep’s biiiiitch…

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Teaser4(m): 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2022
Jokerman:

in the history of football nothing wey SAF do, wey Pep never do so far…. Ferguson retired as a local champion

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 1st January 2021 by Starzo: 5:31pm On Jan 01, 2022
kilisi:

That's why he has not been able to win the UCL despite dominating the EPL. You can never have these terrible officiating in the UCL.
Guardiola never win UCL??

una too mumu for this site

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

I Substituted Mata Because He Was The ‘Smallest Player’ – Mourinho / Chelsea Vs Leicester City (1 - 1) On 18th August 2019 / Everton Vs Arsenal (2 - 2) On 23rd August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.