Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall (17711 Views)

Four Failed Cbn’s Attempts To Arrest Naira Free Fall / Dangote Refinery To Import Crude Oil From The United States / Police Foil Attack On Dangote Refinery In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by DeeMain(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2021
Caseless:
OK!

First of all, the guy complaining of how worthless oil will become in 2030 should quit the illusion he's served by the west. It will take another century for fossil fuel to phase out, that is, if it does eventually. I guess he does not know the energy crisis the world is "grappling" with right now. I don't think God has taken the value he's placed on fossil fuel away just yet. Until that happens, it will be here forever.

Again, the children of hate whose comments were highlighted in the report should quit their rage and face reality. They just hate that it's Dangote that the clueless Emefiele mentioned. How many places in the world do you have refineries owned by government?

We all know our country is bad at managing anything. If someone took the bold steps, he should be applauded because Nigerians will benefit more.

Nigeria is a nation that has leaders without vision. How do you explain our inability to even refine what we have in abundance? It's heartbreaking.

What if the whole serial refineries failure was planned and supervised so that we can come to this point where we have to give sole license to the one man messiah to save us?
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 19, 2021
lordm:
Give more licences for others to build refineries.

Seems you not current!
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by lexy2014: 7:00am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

Because people like Olumide abokiforex and other yeye people like him no dey manufacture anything and as dem no get sense to remember say CBN took a strategic business and national interest decision on Dangote, it's dia own problem. For donkey years, dis same people like Olumide abokiforex dey manipulate forex and some dey chop for every year TAM of those our national refineries and when dey pump petrol, another set of yeye people go go damage oil pipeline to dey siphon the fuel . Now God help us with Dangote Refinery so dat for once we will stop putting all our hopes on those refineries, dem still dey try to dey condemn CBN.
Tell dem o say CBN sef go chop for Dangote Refinery because na business no be charity. All the discos wey CBN lend money, you sabi how much CBN don make? As people dey buy electricity, na CBN controlled account e dey go. Na like dat Dangote sef go be until e pay back some facilities CBN guarantee. Within 5 years max, Dangote Refinery go become profitable, pay him debt and na win win for everybody.
Dis na d plan those yeye people like Olumide of abokiforex want to frustrate so dey can continue with free dirty money wey no dey create job like dat of Dangote.

how does all u have said justify CBN waiting for dangote to finish building refinery before it can solve d forex crisis?
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2021
dawnomike:
The CBN governor has become clueless...

You are the clueless one here! You cannot comprehend simple logic!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by CocoaOla: 7:01am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigeria government are playing evil political agenda games

They can simply make export tax free in Nigeria

They can make law and policies to in favour of Nigerian exporters but no they are using tax and levies to discourage them

Nigeria is the only countries where cargo flight go back empty and our stupid evil government are not concerned they are happy about it

By 2026 electric car will be cheaper than combustion engine car then many countries will ban combination engine by 2030 the price of crude oil will drop to all time low due to climate change world laws

All this government officials are receiving bribes from importers

Nigeria naira is on moving to way of becoming totally worthless

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Beedude(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2021
Commentor:

If they give you 10 licences would you be able to build 1 refinery?
He no fit build bakery self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:03am On Oct 19, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
Nigeria is the most backward country I have ever seen.

First, you own Refineries that don't produce a single drop of oil yet you spend millions to maintain.

Now you want to monopolize oil to one man because of your incompetence and you brag about it saving you import Fx,

They should just kukuma sell Nigeria to Dangote.

Refineries don't "produce" oil bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by PENNYSWAP: 7:04am On Oct 19, 2021
OgunLaakaye:

You are not brilliant and still exposing it.

Did you read?

Brilliance United FC of Naija Good morning sir
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Nigerialabalaba: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2021
lexy2014:

how does all u have said justify CBN waiting for dangote to finish building refinery before it can solve d forex crisis?

As you no sabi book, na my fault, abi?
Oga, go school, maybe any school wey dey your area,as for a good economics teacher or go ask your teacher make him break am down to dumb dumb level wey you go fit grab.
Dangote Refinery no be charity and no be state owned wey no dey motivated by profit. CBN get sense wella pass all of una.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Yankee101: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2021
the importation of petroleum products takes about 30 percent.

Shameful for a major oil producer. Very shameful
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Commentor: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Skyehigher1:
Very useless government and incompetent, any business without competition is a failure why is a single person can stronger than a country, what a tyrant
You don speak English abi?
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by lexy2014: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2021
Nigerialabalaba:

As you no sabi book, na my fault, abi?
Oga, go school, maybe any school wey dey your area,as for a good economics teacher or go ask your teacher make him break am down to dumb dumb level wey you go fit grab.
Dangote Refinery no be charity and no be state owned wey no dey motivated by profit. CBN get sense wella pass all of una.

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Luambo89: 7:20am On Oct 19, 2021
This thread has clearly shown one thing. An average Nigerian is hungry, angry and (perhaps, rightly) frustrated.

Their default response is just attack, condemn, lambast hoping it would make them feel good. But, it wouldn't.

Dangote Refinery is one, every Nigerian should look forward to as the benefits would be massive. It's a shame, we gleefully consume a minimum 75% foreign goods. So where would the forex come from?

I detest this hopeless government, but I must give credit where it is due. I am impressed with Mele Kyari for his vision and actions so far. Especially with bringing up local refining and with the ambitious stake in Dangote Refinery.

Let's hope it pans out well. Everyone would benefit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Minjim: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2021
This man is so incompetent. He doesn't have any plan of his own.
Only looking for people to blame for his falures
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by egoldman(m): 7:23am On Oct 19, 2021
Caseless:
OK!

First of all, the guy complaining of how worthless oil will become in 2030 should quit the illusion he's served by the west. It will take another century for fossil fuel to phase out, that is, if it does eventually. I guess he does not know the energy crisis the world is "grappling" with right now. I don't think God has taken the value he's placed on fossil fuel away just yet. Until that happens, it will be here forever.

Again, the children of hate whose comments were highlighted in the report should quit their rage and face reality. They just hate that it's Dangote that the clueless Emefiele mentioned. How many places in the world do you have refineries owned by government?

We all know our country is bad at managing anything. If someone took the bold steps, he should be applauded because Nigerians will benefit more.

Nigeria is a nation that has leaders without vision. How do you explain our inability to even refine what we have in abundance? It's heartbreaking.

Don't worry, when Dangote monopolise the price of fuel shebi na me and you go dey buy am.
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Minjim: 7:26am On Oct 19, 2021
Babanah:
Float the naira now and do not announce the date for the commencement of the refinery. Speculators will eventually get their fingers burnt. Those who understand how fickle fx rates are under floating regime will be mindful about the price they purchase dollars.

Speculation have very little to do with the free fall. Rather, we should work genuinely at reducing our dependence on dollars. And stop so many people from chasing the dollar.
It's not only in Nigeria that we have speculators and they've always been there. So why the sudden free fall?
Stop defending incompetency
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by higgs: 7:27am On Oct 19, 2021
If Nigeria had 5 more Dangotes,it would have been a vastly better place.Those hoping that FG/Nnpc will suddenly start running their refineries efficiently are really naive.Eventually,the government refineries will be sold as scrap.The right way to go is to encourage more investors to invest in Nigerian manufacturing,not just Dangote.
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2021
Fiscus105:

Tell ur dad to start his own refinery nah, or you think government won't give him license ni?

I would if he were the president of Nigeria.
So for government to own their own functional refinery is out of place shey?

You want to sound smart but you are just ozzing ignorance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:29am On Oct 19, 2021
ben1daEbiri:

Refineries don't "produce" oil bro

They refine oil yeah, if you get my point I wonder why you still want to show yourself
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Fiscus105(m): 7:33am On Oct 19, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

I would if he were the president of Nigeria.
So for government to own their own functional refinery is out of place shey?

You want to sound smart but you are just ozzing ignorance

Bcome a populist to attack every move of government just cos u hate head of government signifying ur total foolishness.

Oga tell us the way out to reduce pressure on dollars .
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Minjim: 7:34am On Oct 19, 2021
Luambo89:
This thread has clearly shown one thing. An average Nigerian is hungry, angry and (perhaps, rightly) frustrated.

Their default response is just attack, condemn, lambast hoping it would make them feel good. But, it wouldn't.

Dangote Refinery is one, every Nigerian should look forward to as the benefits would be massive. It's a shame, we gleefully consume a minimum 75% foreign goods. So where would the forex come from?

I detest this hopeless government, but I must give credit where it is due. I am impressed with Mele Kyari for his vision and actions so far. Especially with bringing up local refining and with the ambitious stake in Dangote Refinery.

Let's hope it pans out well. Everyone would benefit!
Dongote is a bizman.
Why is the FG killing Nigeria's refineries so that Dangote 's own will thrive. The CBN is putting all efforts into Dangote when we have 3 refineries. For a big ec9nomy like Nigeria, ten refineries isn't too much.
We need competition in the sector to drive down the price. What we are seeing is monopoly
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Fiscus105(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2021
Caseless:
and jobs will be created for Nigerians by Nigerians. Imagine the number of jobs we've created indirectly for people outside Nigeria as we import everything. Nigerians hate growth actually.

They only know how to criticize. They would never give just one way out.

Ask them what they do to better their own life, .......they will also blame government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:36am On Oct 19, 2021
Fiscus105:

Bcome a populist to attack every move of government just cos u hate head of government signifying ur total foolishness.

Oga tell us the way out to reduce pressure on dollars .

At this point I know you don't really have Sense, probably some 18yo with an android phone
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by israelp(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

They refine oil yeah, if you get my point I wonder why you still want to show yourself
grin
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Fiscus105(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

At this point I know you don't really have Sense, probably some 18yo with an android phone

If you say that, tell us how pressure can be easy on Naira Mr 90 yrs old man

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2021
Fiscus105:

If you say that, tell us how pressure can be easy on Naira Mr 90 yrs old man

Another senseless one, look stop quoting me young man, go and read and prepare for JAMB
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Fiscus105(m): 7:44am On Oct 19, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

Another senseless one, look stop quoting me young man, go and read and prepare for JAMB

Keep on merry go round a point.

Of course , nothing upstairs to say, did u have anything than to carry olosho and find way to scam people?

If your coconut head is functioning the way it is supposed, you would know that, the company that ur dad cannot put in place in which Dangote did, majority of those would work their are not Dangotes , but other families, infact Southerners would work there far more than north.

But hate has totally took away important organ in ur brain to reason effectively.
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Tremple8v: 7:48am On Oct 19, 2021
Make we even see food chop first abeg , its getting out of hands this days .
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Karnice600: 7:49am On Oct 19, 2021
Have sound values and foresight. Money would always be inclined towards a course whenever it comes. Bill Gates is investing heavily in green energy projects which is the future. Dangote is investing heavily on refineries. It is well. Nuclear powered frameworks, thats the future too. Its okay to say a black man would jump into a profitable venture, even when it has waning future potentials. They are always wanting fast profits. The whites try to shoot ahead and own the future with futuristic investments. See Elon Musk. Thats how they ended up ruling the present.
Yes fossil fuel will stay for some decades, but not without drastic drops in prices, before it drops off completely. Now see elites rushing to buy stakes...This consuming mindset won't let Africa lead on the global scale.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by arsenal33: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2021
lordm:
Give more licences for others to build refineries.
they have licences. they should build
Re: Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall by Jonah507(m): 7:58am On Oct 19, 2021
One major problem with this administration is the marginalization of other tribes, no matter how good you are, if you are not a northerner, your knowledge is useless to them. They would rather appointment someone with nothing to offer as far as he's from their region.

Emefiele is the worst CBN governor ever!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photography Business In Nigeria / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.