Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,656 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina (17730 Views)

Nigeria Stock Market At Highest Level In 15 Years, Gain 18.9% In The First Half / Bill Gates’ Cash Can Buy Nigeria’s Stock Market / Nigeria Stock Exchange Ranked World’s Best-Performing Stock Market In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by EcoBrick: 7:06pm On Jan 18

Nigeria’s stock market is now world’s best after Wednesday’s positive close helped the market to beat Argentina, a country it was trailing last week.

Bulls push NGX-ASI above 90,000 mark

Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) All Share Index (ASI) rose by 2.38 percent on Wednesday, surpassing 90,000 mark as bulls dominate trade.

The market has risen this year by 20.45percent, amid week-to-date (WtD) rally of 8.45percent.

Wednesday’s positive close came as more investors bought shares of Guinness Nigeria which reached maximum daily increase of 10percent and others like Wema Bank (+10percent), Honeywell Flourmills (+10percent), AIICO (+10percent), and Sunu Assurances (+10percent).

These stocks and others that recorded remarkable increase helped the benchmark performance indicator to reach a new high.

“The bulls have continued to dominate market activity this year,” said Lagos-based Vetiva Research analysts. They had expected to see some price corrections on Wednesday hoping that investors will take profit after four straight sessions of positive performance.

The Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) All-Share Index (ASI) and Market Capitalisation increased further from preceding trading day’s lows of 87,970.37 points and N48.139 trillion respectively to 90,063.27 points and N49.280trillion.

Other stocks that pushed the market higher include BUA Foods (+5.49percent), BUA Cement (+9.99percent), Cadbury (+9.81), Chams (+9.71percent), Consolidated Hallmark (+8.47percent), Dangote Cement (+9.86percent), Eterna (+9.83percent), Geregu (+9.49 percent), Flour Mills (+5.10 percent), International Breweries (+9.95percent), and Japaul Gold (+8.94percent).

Also, May & Baker increased by 9.98percent, NEM Insurance (+8.70percent), Northern Nigeria Flour Mills (+9.94percent), PZ (+9.86percent), Transcorp (+9.97percent), Tripple G (+9.74percent), and UPDC (+8.50percent).
https://businessday.ng/markets/article/nigeria-stock-market-becomes-worlds-best-beats-argentina/?amp=1

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by sofeo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 18
Good development though, but seems like this is at the detriment of the development of Nigerians and Nigerian society.

Expecially when it comes to this FX stuff

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by immortalcrown(m): 7:12pm On Jan 18
Amen. May this be true.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Blue3k(m): 7:16pm On Jan 18
Are you guys are invested 🤔? If not where do you guys choose to invest your funds?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:37pm On Jan 18
Nigerians are not meant for stock exchange, rather stock exchange is meant for nigerians. any improvement in stock exchange without reflecting on nigerians is as useless as uselessness.

Tinubu, a bad man with good intentions.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Feintline: 7:44pm On Jan 18
You boys have not changed with all these useless propagandas that have no resemblance or effect in the country.

Our nation is bleeding profusely. Over 70% of citizens are living like they are IDPs.
Hunger and anger have become a national anthem due to desperate persons who have no clue or direction on what to do.

Instead of these clueless, destructive agents to find ways to let Nigerians breathe, they are spending tax payers monies on propaganda.

Hungry youths are hired to run propagandas.

This is January 2024, how far with student loan?
How far with Saudi $25m deal refinery.

Government of propaganda by propagandists and for propagandists.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Tyriq: 7:45pm On Jan 18
Argentina wey de recession so, the worst in it history. Lol

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Ozommadu: 7:47pm On Jan 18
Una never tire for media propaganda

Oh! I forgot, this thread na for APC praise singers to come and masturbate...Agenda must agend

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by lordm(m): 7:48pm On Jan 18
Let summarize this. Some people will not like it. Some people will like it. And some people feel indifferent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Ofodirinwa: 7:55pm On Jan 18
This is great

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Arda1000(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18
Lol grin
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Konquest: 9:23pm On Jan 18
EcoBrick:
https://businessday.ng/markets/article/nigeria-stock-market-becomes-worlds-best-beats-argentina/?amp=1

That's impressive. But watch out for the usual cycle of boom and bust in order to make informed choices.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Faiththatworks(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18
I can see everything turning around for My Nigeria. Things are turning around for good.
I have always been optimistic about my country, Nigeria.
Even when Baba Buhari and Mr Emi werey were playing ping pong with our Economy,I still remained optimistic.
Hope is something that must never die in every Nigerian, we must always believe things will get better, we must never give up on criticizing when government goes wrong or fails our aspirations so also we must give them their kudos when they do Right.
Any sensible investor will ask questions about what's pushing up the figures in Nigeria when all we keep hearing is inflation, scarcity,and insecurity,indices that should ordinarily grind the economy of the country to a halt.
I'm not the least suprised by this news though,I have said repeatedly,the single addition of the Dangote Refinery has blown open the Economy of Nigeria.
I said it on one of the threads early in the year,the Refinery has bought crude oil worth 420 million dollars in just one month, seriously,let me repeat it,420 billion naira worth of crude oil to refine in one month.
I'm sure by the time it starts to produce refined products,we should expect the by products to be close to 1 trillion naira.
And that's just one month supply.
While other companies are japaing,I'm sure many many companies will come to open their factories in Nigeria.
Wise Investors should contact me or check my signature to invest around the Refinery for good profit.
The best time to invest is Today.
God bless Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by LegendHero(m): 9:42pm On Jan 18
That’s very impressive.

When Dangote fall in now, it’s gonna be massive.

Even in all the negatives, having positives is a relief.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Exousiang01: 9:53pm On Jan 18
Feintline:
You boys have not changed with all these useless propagandas that have no resemblance or effect in the country.

Our nation is bleeding profusely. Over 70% of citizens are living like they are IDPs.
Hunger and anger have become a national anthem due to desperate persons who have no clue or direction on what to do.

Instead of these clueless, destructive agents to find ways to let Nigerians breathe, they are spending tax payers monies on propaganda.

So Nigeria toping the market globally is propaganda?
And the rest of the world is quiet?
Why not go look up the meaning of propaganda and come back to delete this comment.
Do you even understand what the Stock Exchange is?
Ignorant people speak the loudest.

If it were to be some bad news you will be in front saying it's a fact but a good thing comes to the country you call it propaganda.
Nigeria is so unfortunate to have people like you as citizens.
It's really sad.
Citizens who want nothing good from thier country.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by DenreleDave(m): 10:00pm On Jan 18
Argentina get better eocnomy b4?

Guys pls which app can I download that can make it possible for me to buy shares in Nigerian companies..

Even if na 20k naira shares...

Please suggest the app I can use

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Kharol1234: 10:09pm On Jan 18
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by GanagiBitrus: 10:10pm On Jan 18
Nigeria Food Market nko? 😂

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:10pm On Jan 18
GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by parkervero(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18
How does this change our situation from suffering to abundance?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by RealLordZeus(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18
Nigeria and Argentina are currently having economic crisis..
So this news get as e be for my head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Boyooosa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 18
Una go explain tire...no evidence

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Goodnewsforlife: 10:11pm On Jan 18
Feintline:

keep quiet there useless obi mumu, u are always happy about sad news but sad about good news

U n your ilks will b roundly disgraced again come 2027 cos we now know u for who u are, once it’s bad news then u are happy but if it’s good news then u must bring your madness as usual

The world mustn’t come to an end cos u hate filled nincompooops lost election

Nigeria will prosper n will always move forward either u dingbats like it or not

U are happy about Abuja kidnapping but silent on dangote refinery

We know u but Seun said we must not talk

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Sabadon(m): 10:11pm On Jan 18
Na statistics we go chop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Isobug: 10:11pm On Jan 18
What effect on the economy. We need it to reflect on the prices of commodities so people will not think all is a textbook theory and not practical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by nairalanda1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I don't believe it.
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by nazicartel(m): 10:12pm On Jan 18
I saw something like this during Buhari's first term. Hope it's not same propaganda mechanisms

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by nduchucks: 10:13pm On Jan 18
If you liquidated foreign currency at the beginning of the year and invested in Nigeria's stock market, you'd be in the red.

Nansense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by jaxxy(m): 10:13pm On Jan 18
Lmao
Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Raph82(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18
Naija stock market is the best in the world, not even in west Africa. Who is breeding these men without conscience? Its stock market is the best in the world, yet is the world's poverty capital.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by mytime24(f): 10:14pm On Jan 18
Best on papers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Stock Market Becomes World’s Best, Beats Argentina by Papamrs: 10:14pm On Jan 18
DenreleDave:
Argentina get better eocnomy b4?

Guys pls which app can I download that can make it possible for me to buy shares in Nigerian companies..

Even if na 20k naira shares...

Please suggest the app I can use

Bamboo, Trove, Chaka

Which company will you suggest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Disbursed Over ₦117 Billion Loans Since Inception – Fairmoney / Dollar Rise: EFCC Continues Crackdown On Cryptocurrency Platforms, Others / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.