Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today (25481 Views)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 86th Birthday Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Solatium(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
bcomputer101:

You're such a jobless !diot.
Please go and take ur drugs pls.
I'm busy

Wèrè wey no get job dey pretend to be busy, person wey get job no dey talk grin
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by sencekompis: 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
His name pop up 1st in Nigeria civil war cos of greed
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by bcomputer101: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
Solatium:

Wèrè wey no get job dey pretend to be busy, person wey get job no dey talk grin

Your testis are bigger than your brain.
Nigga, common let's go play basketball
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Focusmind: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
I don't know why some Igbos are still hating on this man. He did what he could do at that material time.

Trust me, Igbos should be greatful that Gowon was the head of state when Biafra catapulated. Imagine if Murtala Mohamed, Danjuma or some one like Buhari was the head of state. It would have been a different ball game. He stood his ground and gave strict code of conduct to the field commanders in the East Central state to behave professionally. That was why there were no mass scale execution after the war.

The only known member of the Biafra government cabinet member that was killed after the war was Professor Kalu Ezira, the political adviser to the Biafran government that came late to the Uli airport when ojukwu was about to leave Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by christistruth01: 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2021
May God continue to Bless General Gowon and his family for us

Great Man

Nigeria's best Leader ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bviS5aqi3fk

Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Uchek(m): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
low-intelligence statement

Neddstark:
The man that made Nigeria remain one. Because of him, there are millions of Igbos in the Southwest and North. Not living as aliens but as Nigerians, making billions and making a difference. May you live longer Uncle Jack.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by IkpuMmadu: 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
Focusmind:
I don't know why some Igbos are still hating on this man. He did what he could do at that material time.

Trust me, Igbos should be greatful that Gowon was the head of state when Biafra catapulated. Imagine if Murtala Mohamed, Danjuma or some one like Buhari was the head of state. It would have been a different ball game. He stood his ground and gave strict code of conduct to the field commanders in the East Central state to behave professionally. That was why there were no mass scale execution after the war.

The only known member of the Biafra government cabinet member that was killed after the war was Professor Kalu Ezira, the political adviser to the Biafran government that came late to the Uli airport when ojukwu was about to leave Biafra.

I am Igbo and one thing about Igbo is they rarely forget or forgive .....
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by gidgiddy: 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2021
Neddstark:
The man that made Nigeria remain one. Because of him, there are millions of Igbos in the Southwest and North. Not living as aliens but as Nigerians, making billions and making a difference. May you live longer Uncle Jack.
God bless Nigeria.

Nigeria remained one.............. it remained one big disaster
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Neddstark: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
Uchek:
low-intelligence statement

Ipob brainwashed statement.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by dododawa1: 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Most hate speech here are from one tribe in Nigeria
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by LILTJAY: 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

I am Igbo and one thing about Igbo is they rarely forget or forgive .....
who their forgiveness help?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by IkpuMmadu: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
LILTJAY:
who their forgiveness help?
Then Stop complaining....
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Boniwhite: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
Gowon looted half of cbn.so they said
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by LILTJAY: 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
IkpuMmadu:
Then Stop complaining....
who is complaining?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Amanda4life: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2021
GOOD HE IS ALIVE TO WITNESS THOSE BLOOD SHED IN HIS HOME TOWN
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Amumaigwe: 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
lalasticlala:
Yakubu Gowon Turns 87 Today

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Gowon

You want us to celebrate this murderer who starved 3 million Biafran Children to death? He deserves to be eaten by worms alive. That's my birthday wishes.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by IkpuMmadu: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2021
LILTJAY:
who is complaining?
You
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by 0m0nnakoda: 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2021
djevino:
Let him go and save his people from ethnic cleansing grin cheesy
Eboes are predictable

always talk without thinking . Very bitter and sentimental folk

Spewing hate and then pretend to be surprised when other reciprocate
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by oyatz(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2021
kettykin:

Did he really win a war or starve innocent women and children forcing Biafra to surrender to save lives

'When you go to war but your plans
and strategies for survival depends on the magnanimity and cooperation of your opponents, you may as well say that you are trying to commit mass suicide'

Gen Gowon won the war ,fine and square.

You people never for once hold the Biafran authority responsible for the starvation of women and children while they diverted relief foods to feed their Biafran soldiers.

Ojukwu was a great man but nevertheless a man who like all other mortals made mistakes and had his flaws which you like to overlook.

It is very difficult to see any Biafran who thinks Ojukwu and his Biafran Junta shared part of the Blame for what went wrong.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by oyatz(m): 6:19am On Oct 20, 2021
Amumaigwe:

You want us to celebrate this murderer who starved 3 million Biafran Children to death? He deserves to be eaten by worms alive. That's my birthday wishes.

God has already celebrated Gen Gowon.

Monuments are named after him in different parts of the country despite the fact that he comes from a minority tribe of about 7,000 peoples.

The Rivers State Gov't recently renamed the LIBRATION Stadium, Port Harcourt as YAKUBU GOWON Stadium,Port Harcourt.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by djevino(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2021
0m0nnakoda:
Eboes are predictable

always talk without thinking . Very bitter and sentimental folk

Spewing hate and then pretend to be surprised when other reciprocate

F*ck off
Where's d hate here?
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Kayberg: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2021
Saidfx:

Ojukwu was stubborn. A peace talk was arraigned for them twice, Ojukwu and Gowon, at Ghana, but Ojukwu resisted. Nah stubbornness

But I read Gowon breached the Aburi Accord…
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by CoolAmbience(m): 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
pennywys:
you are foolish for quoting me with this trash

You are a foolish idiot.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Crixxx: 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
kettykin:

Did he really win a war or starve innocent women and children forcing Biafra to surrender to save lives

When You Hear Them Boasting Of Nigeria / Biafra War, Ask Them who Fought The War?

Russia: 2 Fighter Jets and 3 Armour Tanks.

Burma (Manyamar): 2000 Veteran Soldiers and guns. Norwegian: 2000 cases of Ammunition known as the Sweepers. bombers Countries that helped Biafra. Haiti: Clothes and Food which the Nigeria government seized. seized. Off shore switch Mine bombs

Slovakia (Czech): Two 129 Delfin fighter jets.

Poland: 1 Krakow war ship.

USSR: 15 MIG Bombers.

Germany: 1 Navy ship containing 300 tonnes of 60mm and 90mm ammo, ten 6 mm recoilless rifles and 2 High explosive anti tank war head they bought 8 mark2 bombers at $105000 each and 15 sabre mk jets at $100000 each.

Ghana: A navy boat (sakumo lagoon) containingn1000 bullets cases.

UK: 1 cargo plane containing 1000 automatic fabriquenational rifles.

Niger and Chad: Over 9000 Foot soldiers

Egypt- The Egyptians pilots were the ones bombing hospitals and market place with jet

Gabon: Food which the Nigeria Government

NB: No Country helped Biafra with weapons. 98% of the weapons they used were locally made.

They seized a Nigeria fighter jet and made 2 replicas of it.

They built their armoured tank, Short and long range missile.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 07, 2021
OloshoMan:
When is this SIMP gonna die

Please,

I will be very grateful if you can help me with 3000naira

Please, help me....
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by OLULAW: 1:15am On Jan 21, 2023
pennywys:
embarassed embarassed
Crazy man
He send zoo soldiers to kill and maim innocent Biafrans, rape our mothers and grandmothers, thousands of children died of starvation in the lasting civil war that left a great vacuum in our hearts and history
He forced us to remain in this contraption called Nigeria. May his remaining days be darker, may he never find rest the after life, and may his generations to come never find peace on the surface of this earth.

We shall tell these stories to our generations

KILODE? I BET YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN. WOW! FORGIVE NOT SEVEN TIMES BUT SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN TIMES.
Re: Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 87th Birthday Today by Napata77: 1:22am On Jan 21, 2023
kettykin:

So you had no means of guaranteeing your people could eat before you declared secession and entered military confrontation?

The people you are fighting should ensure you are well-fed?

DAMN IDIOT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Festus Odimegwu Suspended By The Federal Government / Emir Sanusi, His Wife And Their Daughters Pictured / Obanikoro’s N40m Refund Cheque To EFCC Bounces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.