Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (36575 Views)

My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 2:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Vision101:
@ityP

Many educated illiterates on this thread. So, after your secondary school, you didn't know what menu is abi? Na for uni dem start to teach you English? How do seemingly educated persons look at a secondarians as illiterates? Like how? I was already very good in speaking and writing English before I entered the university. And if you've been to the university yourself, you of all people should know they don't teach English there. Even GST 101 didn't go half deep into what I learnt in secondary school. In fact, that class was so unnecessary, I barely attended. As someone who've been to the university, I can authoritatively tell you SCHOOL NA SCAM. The only reason I dey enter school na to use the degree find work. If I see something way better to generate income later, my certificate would be totally useless. I know many graduates who can't speak good English sef. Why? Their educational foundation was faulty. You only need primary school and secondary school education to be able to speak good and sweet English. If you think otherwise, you're more likely an illiterate yourself >:

@me
Oga calm down. That statement was used to show the typical behaviour of an illiterate or semi-illiterate man. In the 21st century a school cert holder is at best a semi-illiterate person. I will not allow my son/daughter to marry such no matter how rich the person is.

Those that went to school and still claim that "school na scam" are those that went to school for certificate and not knowledge. Nothing polishes and emboldens a man like sound education. Money or no money.

That statement shows many ssce holders may just be more educated than you are. As one commentator told you, a university is an institution purely for advanced knowledge. There's nothing like a semi literate when referring to secondarians. A secondarian is a literate. Like I said, there's no knowledge to be sought in places of higher learning in this country; none! You use Facebook, and you maybe surprised to know that Mark Zuckerberg no attend higher institution. You may never be more polished or embolden than that guy. I have a friend who is a computer wizard and he didn't attend the four walls of the university. I can boldly say; you as a graduate, you can't stand where that guy stands. He is invited by professors in universities to tutor PhD students; dude has no certificate. If you think a university degree is what it takes for one to be called literate, bros, you be illiterate. Nuff said sad

3 Likes

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 3:00am On Oct 21, 2021
rosalieene:

You clearly don't love her.

See the way you're saying SO BE IT with your full chest.

He should die? Abi force himself on the babe against the family's wish? Love with your brain and not with your heart

2 Likes

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 3:03am On Oct 21, 2021
bukatyne:

I don't see his love shining through in the whole situation.

Like I said, dude is disappointed and angry. If you love someone truly and you planned on building a family with that someone, nurturing such relationship for 4 years, only to be ready to tie the knot and you're rejected simply because of your educational status, you'd also be angry and your "love" may also not shine through the whole situation. Like I said, it's natural. I would feel same too

2 Likes

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Sister,

You need to learn to balance loyalty to man/husband and responsibility to your parents/family.

Tomorrow, they might have an opportunity that would benefit him and they will pass it up because 'he is bigger than that'.

You don't build a solid foundation on lies.

On which lies? You know nothing. I know why I took that decision and that's how it'll remain until the time is right. There's time for everything.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 21, 2021
NigeriaIsGreat:
Alaye baje... See how everybody dey condemn you for public. Shameless idiot. You are enjoying the Diploma dick abi that's why you can lie to cover up for him. Alainitiju wink

Oju gbani ti fun e smiley Oni nobi omo

Omo radarada smiley

Oga, you're a pathetic lowlife jare. To think your opinion and the idiots' quoting me count shows you're a first class daftarian. Again, I wonder who brought you up to think that your dck is your certificate to greatness. Change that mindset and stop living like one omo ale so that girls will stop seeing you as worthless.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 21, 2021
NYSC17:
Iyawo oko Oniro grin

Mr. Diploma aturota bi elubo wink

Iro labi wink

Olobo fife, omo ale jati jati, omo gutter rada rada, olobo 2k. I'll leave you to your misery with this.. Perhaps you'll take this time to reflect on your pathetic life. For your sake, I'm hoping that you would learn that the value of people is not contingent upon their educational background or income's worth.

May you grow to have more sense though I don't see this happening in the next 10 years.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Erums(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
dahmie2013:

My brother, seeking knowledge has nothing to do with age. This attitude is not the best. I still advise you go to school and upgrade yourself.

i support her family , this one no fit learn ...the think a business man must be an illiterate ....petty petty business knock you there '''''''

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by notmywill: 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
GraciousGod190:
Am hurt, 4 years relationship about to go down the drain.first time meeting her parents was last week Sunday, they did welcome me with a smiling face.
After all the introductions and making my intentions known to them I like to marry their daughter.

my girlfriend called me on phone yesterday that she's coming over, which she did and start saying that her elder bro and her mum is kicking against our marriage. i asked why? she said because am an Ssce holder.

yes I might be an Ssce holder, but am self employed doing well for myself (I noi de beg to chop) isn't that enough.

can't an Ssce holder marries a bsc, msc or a phd holder.
why the discrimination towards a brother because of a white man education?
because of a white sheet of paper.

Oga sorry o. Rejection is painful but you will be alright last last. Maybe you can look for an SSCE holder like yourself and you two can prove to the world that the white man’s education or paper is insufficient for wealth creation. Many have done it before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Arsenate(m): 8:02am On Oct 22, 2021
GraciousGod190:

who told you am looking?
since yesterday she's threatening to commit suicide, when I told her we should move on, because am no longer interested in it.

she told me she has spoken with her uncle to talk with her parents, I told her blantly am no longer interested.since she has a master degree let her go get someone of same educational background. that's what her parents want.
Man, I'm just a big fan of yours. Lovely how you understand that no human being holds the key to your happiness. Not surprising you are doing well for yourself. Great attitude all round. cool
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
toren:

On which lies? You know nothing. I know why I took that decision and that's how it'll remain until the time is right. There's time for everything.

Ok, if you say so.

Goodluck.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
ityP:

Like I said, dude is disappointed and angry. If you love someone truly and you planned on building a family with that someone, nurturing such relationship for 4 years, only to be ready to tie the knot and you're rejected simply because of your educational status, you'd also be angry and your "love" may also not shine through the whole situation. Like I said, it's natural. I would feel same too

I understand his anger and frustration.

However, he is not working out solution to resolve the issue, he is throwing in the towel like it is easy for him to move on. undecided

He can even engage the family and alley their fears without going back to school sef. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
pocohantas:

grin grin grin grin grin

I will add that to my notes. Love after strategy. ;

Not only proper assessment, but a honest one. I was having this conversation with my friend yesterday. I know someone battling with same issue and keeps wondering why breakfast has become the other of the day. cheesy

Thanks.

The best fit in that sentence was honest assessment not proper assessment.

After breakfast na lunch.

All the fives looking for tens cheesy

What God cannot do doesn't exist.

You sha have to justify why He would give you a 10 instead of Moyin/Tunde who is also a five like you and praying to Him for a ten.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Rosement(f): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
Don't worry bro, you will definitely find your own lady. A guy does not have to be educated before he is accepted but he has to be financially stable before he decides to get married, I don't mean rich, I mean he has to be comfortable and independent.
GraciousGod190:
Am hurt, 4 years relationship about to go down the drain.first time meeting her parents was last week Sunday, they did welcome me with a smiling face.
After all the introductions and making my intentions known to them I like to marry their daughter.

my girlfriend called me on phone yesterday that she's coming over, which she did and start saying that her elder bro and her mum is kicking against our marriage. i asked why? she said because am an Ssce holder.

yes I might be an Ssce holder, but am self employed doing well for myself (I noi de beg to chop) isn't that enough.

can't an Ssce holder marries a bsc, msc or a phd holder.
why the discrimination towards a brother because of a white man education?
because of a white sheet of paper.

2 Likes

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
bukatyne:

Thanks.

The best fit in that sentence was honest assessment not proper assessment.

After breakfast na lunch.

All the fives looking for tens cheesy

What God cannot do doesn't exist.

You sha have to justify why He would give you a 10 instead of Moyin/Tunde who is also a five like you and praying to Him for a ten.

This is very accurate and the most eye opening thing about this is that, no matter how much money you have. Your physical looks can never be overshadowed by money if you are a 1 going for a 10.

For example, former Edo State governor Comrade Adams A. Oshiomhole's wife Lara Fortes doesn't seem to fancy him at all. Upon all the money he has showered on her, she can't look past his ugliness which makes me conclude that marriage isn't even the end goal. Just because you can convince a man or woman to marry you doesn't mean that your work has finished. You will also have to convince them daily when they wake up beside you and you look like a monster.

I can't compare Ned Nwoko's situation because the man is actually good looking in my opinion, so he his okay with marrying top beautiful women.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
truthsayer009:

This is very accurate and the most eye opening thing about this is that, no matter how much money you have. Your physical looks can never be overshadowed by money if you are a 1 going for a 10.

For example, former Edo State governor Comrade Adams A. Oshiomhole's wife Lara Fortes doesn't seem to fancy him at all. Upon all the money he has showered on her, she can't look past his ugliness which makes me conclude that marriage isn't even the end goal. Just because you can convince a man or woman to marry you doesn't mean that your work has finished. You will also have to convince them daily when they wake up beside you and you look like a monster.

I can't compare Ned Nwoko's situation because the man is actually good looking in my opinion, so he his okay with marrying top beautiful women.

Ned good looking ke? shocked

Wise man joined local insurance with his money.

And he seems like a man that would not give you access to cash however splurge on material things.

Instead of people to seek their level comparatively and grow to the zenith, they want to start from the top and become exhausted from stretching to manage the relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by ityP(m): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2021
bukatyne:

I understand his anger and frustration.

However, he is not working out solution to resolve the issue, he is throwing in the towel like it is easy for him to move on. undecided

He can even engage the family and alley their fears without going back to school sef. cheesy

Hopefully, he does that later. Personally, I may not. It almost never ends well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2021
bukatyne:

Ned good looking ke? shocked

Wise man joined local insurance with his money.

And he seems like a man that would not give you access to cash however splurge on material things.

Instead of people to seek their level comparatively and grow to the zenith, they want to start from the top and become exhausted from stretching to manage the relationship.

In comparison with Adams Oshomole or Obasanjo, he isn't that bad looking oh.

I agree that he wouldn't give anyone access to his money because he knows the women came for money. Honestly if you know your woman has your best interest at heart, hiding money from her would never occur but this pay as you go marriage lol.

The level thing can also be tricky too, someone can be your level physically this year and next 5 years they have glowed up. Most of my high school or 19 year old female friends many years ago who were looked basic glowed up, while the ones who use to be the star girl became overweight and lost touch.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by bukatyne(f): 5:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
truthsayer009:

In comparison with Adams Oshomole or Obasanjo, he isn't that bad looking oh.

I agree that he wouldn't give anyone access to his money because he knows the women came for money. Honestly if you know your woman has your best interest at heart, hiding money from her would never occur but this pay as you go marriage lol.

The level thing can also be tricky too, someone can be your level physically this year and next 5 years they have glowed up. Most of my high school or 19 year old female friends many years ago who were looked basic glowed up, while the ones who use to be the star girl became overweight and lost touch.

Level is not really about looks especially which can change in an instant. A good body scrub, spa session, make-up, haircut/hairdo and clothes would make any one 'glow' on the outside.

A slim guy can buff up, a fat girl can slim down etc. etc.

The OP is another example.

Ned is the best amongst the worst cheesy grin

@bold: true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Farfalla(f): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
TheOldGods:

I will never allow my sister to marry ordinary ssce holder, is she mad. In as much it doesn't determine success, yet it still very important in today's world.

Find your class of ssce Lady and marry, since you have money. You only have ssce but yet you're looking for a bsc or phd holder, no be juju be that. You think everything na money.

Help me understand something.

Are you the one who determines who your sister should marry?

And if so, is it a Nigerian thing? Or is it specific to certain ethnic groups in Nigeria?

I have lived many years on Earth but I'm yet to see this strange phenomenon where I come from. Is it a common occurrence to decide for an adult who they should live with in Naija?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by TheOldGods: 10:00pm On Oct 22, 2021
Farfalla:

Help me understand something.

Are you the one who determines who your sister should marry?

And if so, is it a Nigerian thing? Or is it specific to certain ethnic groups in Nigeria?

I have lived many years on Earth but I'm yet to see this strange phenomenon where I come from. Is it a common occurrence to decide for an adult who they should live with in Naija?

Your response will be highly appreciated.
no I won't decide for her.that doesn't mean I won't reject the person
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Farfalla(f): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
TheOldGods:
no I won't decide for her.that doesn't mean I won't reject the person

Oh I see. You won't approve the union.

See, for a moment there I thought brothers in Naija can decide for their sisters who they should or shouldn't live with. I was ready to create a new topic to discuss the matter.

However, if it's just mere approval, no biggie.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by TheOldGods: 11:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Farfalla:

Oh I see. You won't approve the union.

See, for a moment there I thought brothers in Naija can decide for their sisters who they should or shouldn't live with. I was ready to create a new topic to discuss the matter.

However, if it's just mere approval, no biggie.
no I don't think like that, and besides its a public forum, I normally come here to catch fun, and I've only made one female friend from here. But we are not dating but we are very cool.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2021
Give am belle.

They go come beg you.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Mindlog: 3:15am On Oct 23, 2021
BuddhaPalm:
Give am belle.

They go come beg you.

What if the lady does not want to be/remain pregnant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2021
Mindlog:

What if the lady does not want to be/remain pregnant?

Marriage isn't by force.

Thing is, if she really wants him, she won't use SSCE as an excuse in the first place. And
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by FairlyUSEDpussy: 3:58am On Oct 24, 2021
[s]
NigeriaIsGreat:
That girl no get sense.. Naso some Yoruba girls dey do. They are very cheap and affordable

Men take them for a fool. It's not her fault. Maybe she's from a faulty home

She was so shameless to the extend of saying it in a public forum. That's to tell you how useless some Yoruba girls are. She doesn't see anything wrong in what she does

So many of them are married free of charge without their useless husband paying their bride price and other marital rite

They are extra ordinary cheap like a callico sheet. Very disgusting set of people.
[/s]

Perhaps she couldn't listen to your correction cos u such an in sequential old dead brained triabalist bimbo......

What has yoruba got to do with decision??

Primitive human eater.......nyanmiri!!!
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Magnoliaa(f): 6:57am On Dec 06, 2021
GraciousGod190:
upgrade myself?
so to you am not upgraded enough? because am an Ssce holder.
please bro this discriminations needs to stop.

Awwwwwnnnnnnn. So cute.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by lenghtinny(m): 10:49am On Dec 21, 2021
It's most likely a yoruba family....

Na dem dey carry kpali for head yet they support someone like Buhari who can't even boast of a primary six certificate angry
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2021
dahmie2013:

My brother, seeking knowledge has nothing to do with age. This attitude is not the best. I still advise you go to school and upgrade yourself.

What f knowledge is in Nigerian education! If he is doing good in business and at 36, why the hell dies he need to go back to school for marriage.
Re: Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder by gnhpowerhouse: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
shawnquest:
My brother I can’t blame the parents. Nigeria is tough and If you can’t take care of her or your home cause of Financial constraints. Then you’ve failed. So upgrade. I for instance can’t marry or date a broke lady. Everyone has to support the family to grow.
. Hmmmm !

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Sisters Weep At The Grave Of Their Brother Who Was Buried On His Birthday. PICS / These Photos Of A Young Mother And Her Child Has Got People Talking / Missing Housewife Found In A Hotel As A Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.