Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. (39600 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
I just created this account to post this.
I'm really Disturbed.

My wedding is approaching and I'm so excited about it.
Before I met my husband to be, there's this married man I know. Right from day one he told me who was married but his family based in a different state. I told him I'm single and I can't marry a married man nor date a married man. We both laughed about it.

Years passed, he became so close to my family and everybody around me. He comes to my house, gist with my mum, siblings and my family members are very accommodating.
I had my boyfriend whom everyone knows, that I have nothing with this man.
he support me financially some times. I have been helpful as well in my own ways. most times, I helped him out with cooking, even followed him to supper market to pick beautiful clothes (wears) for his wife and children. I have known this man for about 4 yrs now, but never have I had intimat.e relationship with him. He's like a big brother to me although he deeply loved me and have asked me out severally, but i have never involved myself with him s.exuallly.

This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,

How can I help him heal emotionally, without distracting my own marriage?

Is ignoring him at this point the best option?

How should I handle this? Pls advice

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by MarketDispatch: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
After enjoying your Sugar Daddy, you want to leave him?

Given the closeness to your family, how did you introduce your Sugar daddy to your current fiance that you want to marry?

Something tells me you would have introduced him as your uncle...

428 Likes 27 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Mexzy4sho(m): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pele ooooo.

Nothing you can do at this point. Focus on the ship you've entered.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Kobojunkie: 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:
This man have been so good to me, but now, I want to get married and he's so angry with me, he appears so hurt and heartbroken. He's behaving as if I betray his love. He's acting as if nothing mean anything to him any more. He almost lost his job last week due to lack of concentration. He takes his job carelessly now,
How can I help him heal emotionally, without distracting my own marriage?
Is ignoring him at this point the best option?
How should I handle this? Pls advice
You are wanting to heal emotionally wounds of someone you don't love or someone you love but don't want to marry? Which one? undecided

Are you somehow his saviour that you feel you need to heal him emotionally? undecided

Do you feel that you should marry your husband while you continue cradling another man's heart in your same arms? undecided

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are wanting to heal emotionally wounds of someone you don't love or someone you love but don't want to marry? Which one? undecided

Are you somehow his saviour that you feel you need to heal him emotionally? undecided

Do you feel that you should marry your husband while you continue cradling another man's heart in your same arms? undecided
No. Not at all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:
No. Not at all
There you have your answer. undecided
So what's keeping you from doing what you know you ought to do? undecided

29 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
This matter choke ooo undecided undecided
Make I sit down one side dey read comments.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by thorpido(m): 10:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
You didn't have physical intimacy with him by your words but you had non-physical intimacy with him.
If he was married and you knew from the beginning,you should have just ended the relationship.........but you wanted it(even without the physical intimacy).

Cut him off and let him deal with his hurt.

146 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There you have your answer. undecided
So what's keeping you from doing what you know you ought to do? undecided
I'm just worried. That he's going through pain emotionally.
I wish he could be fine and happy as usual. because I'm happy with my man whom I'm getting married to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by thorpido(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:

I wish he could be fine and happy as usual.
because I'm happy with my man whom I'm getting married to.
Maybe you should marry both men and everyone is happy. undecided

177 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by garriAndsugar: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Beebah2000:
This matter choke ooo undecided undecided
Make I sit down one side dey read comments.
Babygirl

2 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:

I wish he could be fine and happy as usual. because I'm happy with my man whom I'm getting married to.
How is his emotional pain your business? Are you his savior or something? undecided

He has a wife of his own so why do you make his pain about you? Or where you having an affair with him? undecided

Are you certain you are happy with your man because for some reason I get the impression you would prefer having them both. undecided

107 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Ahmed0336(m): 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nawa o.

Las las everyone will be fine.

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
thorpido:
You didn't have physical intimacy with him by your words but you had non-physical intimacy with him.
If he was married and you knew from the beginning,you should have just ended the relationship.........but you wanted it(even without the physical intimacy).

Cut him off and let him deal with his hurt.
Yes. I was supposed to cut him off from the beginning if he's intention was defined. But he came in as a friend. Like a big bro Who is already married and happy. Who only wanted to guide and help me secure a job and a good life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by mastermaestro(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
You want to help him heal? Healer! grin Face your marriage, madam! The only healing he needs now is to focus on his family, while you focus on yours.

Wait, how do singles (male and female) even manage to keep married people this intimately close? It's unhealthy!

Madam, leave him alone for his wife to heal him! angry

113 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:
Yes. I was supposed to cut it off from the beginning if he's intention was defined. But he came in as a friend. Like a big bro Who is already married and happy. Who only wanted to guide and help me secure a job and a good life.
The attention you seem to be giving him appears more than what one would a big brother though. undecided

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by thorpido(m): 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
Annabelle12344:
Yes. I was supposed to cut it off from the beginning if he's intention was defined. But he came in as a friend. Like a big bro Who is already married and happy. Who only wanted to guide and help me secure a job and a good life.
You said he asked you out.That already defined the relationship.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by DICKstractor: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
undecided

Give him kpekus let him chop before you marry. Atleast you won't be the one committing adultery but him

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Ishilove: 11:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Which advice do you want again? Oya become his second wife make person see road.

Shior

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by samwash(m): 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
At this point in time cut him off totally & let him deals with his hurt.

8 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Ishilove: 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
thorpido:
Maybe you should marry both men and everyone is happy. undecided
Abi? Mscheeeew

5 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Double0h7(f): 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Retracted! I'm tired of giving advise angry

8 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 13, 2021
samwash:
At this point in time cut him off totally & let him deals with his hurt.
Alright

1 Like

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by nzeobi(m): 3:49am On Nov 13, 2021
Go ahead and get married, if you haven't him hurt then he will regain his sanity soon

3 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by cococandy(f): 4:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Lol. Did his wife ask you to help him?
Some of you are just funny.

Big brother ko.
If you want to help him, tell his wife what’s been going on. Let her handle it

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by mrblessed(m): 4:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Annabelle12344:
Yes. I was supposed to cut him off from the beginning if he's intention was defined. But he came in as a friend. Like a big bro Who is already married and happy. Who only wanted to guide and help me secure a job and a good life.
Nope. The material goodies you benefited from him was what made you keep him around as a "big bro," even I don't believe a word of it. What I know for sure is that the thinking processing/faculty of an average Nigerian lady is weird. And you know that the crap about helping him heal "emotionally" is bunkum.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Richy4(m): 4:35am On Nov 13, 2021
Such a man u mentioned above are special breed OP

<<< He assists you Financially..No returns or form of payment required..
<<< You go to His house... Sheets were not messed up..
<<<<For four yes he was with you, his family were away.. No sex from u...
<<<< You were so familiar that your parent knew him ....
WHAT A DECENT NIGERIAN MAN you "BIG-BROTHER-ZONED" cheesy.....
Are u sure u don't want to change your mind and remove him from the big brother zone u kept him? because u can't find his type in any relationship market around you tongue

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Nobody: 5:29am On Nov 13, 2021
You're playing with fire!

Why did you go ahead and toy with his feelings by getting so close and doing those stuff for him when you knew you won't marry him?

Why did you go forming a bond you knew you won't maintain in the first place?
You're cooking, shopping and frolicking with a man and expect him not to feel attached to you in the end? Or you think it's only sex that attach people together?

I bet you knew what you were playing at all along. You were simply enjoying the moment. That feeling of " Im being dragged by two men" got into you and you felt cool at the time. Or could it be, "LONG THROAT" for what you'll gain from him after the cooking and shopping that made you condescend so low and got yourself into such a mess?. I pity you!

Youre still there thinking if you should help a wounded lion heal, When What you should in fact do is run and be watching your back as that man can harm you if he sees that he cant have you in the end.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Stop toying with people's emotions. It's witchcraft.

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by ecolime(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Madam emotional healer. Weldone undecided

10 Likes

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by nautybride: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2021
Mtcheeew. If you had slept with him, if you are saying the truth, he would have dropped your sorry ass.
His lack of concentration is because this investment is down the drain without choping kpekus!

Better stay focused and face front. Don't disappoint another lovely male specie with good intentions.

I dey Waka pass. Bye o.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. by Foodqueen(f): 6:04am On Nov 13, 2021
You dated him.

There's no way he could feel emotional betrayed if u weren't having sexual relationship.

And your family welcomed him all along.

43 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chizaram Okoh: This Child Is Missing In Enugu (Photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.