Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:42 AM

The Sports Hound: 2012 NFL Mock Draft 6.5 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Sports Hound: 2012 NFL Mock Draft 6.5 (258 Views)

The Impact Of Koora4live On The Sports Industry / Watch, NFL, Football, Live, Stream, Free, 2022, Online / Dear Nairaland, Why Was I Banned From The Sports Section? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sports Hound: 2012 NFL Mock Draft 6.5 by aditya42: 11:02am On Oct 19, 2021
Also, check out my list of a few NFL Mock Draft Databases to see what other people think about the upcoming draft.

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck QB/Stanford

Luck is the guy…..or is he? I think they’ll take Luck still. He will be the new face of the franchise with Peyton moving on to the Broncos.

2. Washington Redskins - Robert Griffin III QB/Baylor

The Redskins made the trade to acquire the #2 pick from the Rams. They feel that RG3 is the franchise QB the team has been missing. They are paying a high price for RG3, I’m sure they hope he is the real deal.

3. Minnesota Vikings - Matt Kalil OT/USC

Recently all the speculation is Kalil or Claiborne. I honestly don’t know why Blackmon isn’t mentioned, because their WR’s are horrible and Harvin isn’t strictly a WR.
They need to upgrade their pass protection and Kalil is the best in the draft, but I haven’t heard anything about them looking at the draft’s top WR’s.

4. Cleveland Browns - Trent Richardson RB/Alabama

Many feel that #4 is a reach for an RB, but I also have seen many compare his abilities to Adrian Peterson as well. Richardson is a once every 10 years type of back and would take a lot of pressure off of Colt McCoy. WR is a need, but I think they will address it.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Morris Claiborne CB/LSU

Even though the Bucs signed Eric Wright, I feel they will still look at Claiborne here. Richardson could also be the guy if available, but I think they may be skeptical on the future of Aqib Talib and may just end up releasing him. I’m not sure yet, but I can picture Claiborne and Wright starting this season.

6. St. Louis Rams - Justin Blackmon WR/Oklahoma State

The Rams get their #1 target in the draft and gained 3 extra high draft picks to do so. I think there will be a team who is willing to leap in front of the Rams to snag Blackmon first, because as we all know…..this is a pass-happy league now.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars - Michael Floyd WR/Notre Dame

After his recent pro day workout, I think the Jaguars have to pull the trigger on Floyd. The signing of Laurent Robinson was a waste of money in my opinion and they need to upgrade the position further.

8. Miami Dolphins - Ryan Tannehill QB/Texas A&M

With all the recent rumblings from the NFL meetings, I am starting to feel that the Dolphins will take the risk on Tannehill instead of hoping he drops to the 2nd round. Think the Chiefs and Cardinals may pull the trigger if they aren’t really sold on Cassell and Kolb, respectively.

9. Carolina Panthers - Fletcher Cox DT/Mississippi State

The Panthers are looking for a DT and it is up to Cox and Poe. The more I look at it, Cox fits their system much better than Poe.
Visit Us: coldfeargames.com

10. Buffalo Bills - Riley Reiff OT/Iowa

Kuechly may be the perfect fit for the Bills, but I held out hope that the Bills would re-sign Bell, but he officially moved on. I think Reiff has to be the pick.

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Dontari Poe DT/Memphis

Crennel loves big nose tackles and Poe fits the description. Will he be the force in the middle that the Chiefs hope he can be? That’s the real question as many analysts agree his game tape doesn’t match his combined workout.

12. Seattle Seahawks - Luke Kuechly ILB/Boston College

With Hawthorne moving on to the Saints, the Seahawks have to replace him. It’s crazy because just a few years ago they drafted Tatupu who seemed to be the next big thing….now they have to hope Kuechly is.

13. Arizona Cardinals - David DeCastro OG/Stanford

DeCastro will give Kolb and later Skelton much-needed protection. If Floyd falls he’ll be the pick here, but they may also look at Gilmore or Kirkpatrick.

14. Dallas Cowboys – Dre Kirkpatrick CB/Alabama

I think that DeCastro is the BPA, but with the Cowboy's recent signing at OG, I think they’ll look to upgrade the secondary. Kirkpatrick seems to be an upgrade over former pro-bowler Jenkins.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - Mark Barron SS/Alabama

With the addition of Bell at LT, Martin will continue his fall in the draft. Barron is what the Eagles have been missing on their defense since they let Brian Dawkins leave. In no way am I comparing Barron to Dawkins, but he is a playmaker.

16. New York Jets - Melvin Ingram OLB/South Carolina

The Jets would love for Ingram to fall to them here. He is one of those types of players that Rex Ryan loves on his team.

17. Cincinnati Bengals – Cordy Glenn OG/Georgia

With DeCastro off the board, Glenn is the next best OL to take. With their surprising run last season, upgrading the protection for Dalton can only help.

18. San Diego Chargers - Stephon Gilmore CB/South Carolina

The Chargers pick up probably the 2nd best CB in this draft and give Jammer help/replacement.

19. Chicago Bears - Quinton Coples DE/North Carolina

Coples have been dropping down many draft boards. He is the BPA available here and gives Peppers another pass-rushing threat on the opposite side and upgrades their aging defense.

20. Tennessee Titans - Nick Perry DE/USC

The Titans pass on a CB to replace Finnegan and look to upgrade their DL which is very weak. Perry is probably the best fit for the Titans as well.
Read More: Xenoverse 2 Transformations – Dragon Ball

(1) (Reply)

Marburg Virus / Canary Point Wins Impact In Quality Education Award / Freezing Food Saves Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.