Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It (503 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Christian or not, let's face it. Nigeria has a church problem. It seems everyone is "called by God" to lead the flock. cheesy In every street, there is always a church. These churches come in all sizes from the absolute behemoths to the average shop.

Since Nigerians are really into superstition, it is not hard to see why churches are big business in the country. The economy is not doing well, and the poor people believe that the person who can save them from poverty is a god that is foreign to the African continent. When you have a grip on the church, you have a grip on the people. You can take a look at the US evangelicals to get a full picture of what I am talking about.

In order to solve Nigeria's church pandemic, the government needs to step up and fix issues in the country. There is a reason why Nigerians become less religious the moment they leave the country and land in a better environment. Churches should be made to pay taxes and any church that tries to evade taxes, should have the culprits (like the pastor) jailed.

Regarding the fake pastors, the government should arrest anyone who makes claims of performing "miracles" like angels sending money to bank accounts or the lame walking. Because it has been proven time and again that it is just fraudulent and drama for the camera.

The earlier we start doing this, the earlier we start advancing as a country.
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
If you have anything meaningful to add, please do so.
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by Kobojunkiee: 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
Regarding the fake pastors, the government should arrest anyone who makes claims of performing "miracles" like angels sending money to bank accounts or the lame walking. Because it has been proven time and again that it is just fraudulent and drama for the camera.

The earlier we start doing this, the earlier we start advancing as a country.
You want government to arrest anyone who claims to perform miracles on what legal grounds? undecided

The earlier we start.... has government arrested all the politicians who have also made claims of performing miracles - including campaign promises that were lies from the start or are you simply out targeting those you hate in this? undecided
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You want government to arrest anyone who claims to perform miracles on what legal grounds? undecided

On the grounds of fraud. There is a reason why miracles only happen in churches....on TV... you know
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by Kobojunkiee: 5:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
On the grounds of fraud. There is a reason why miracles only happen in churches....on TV... you know
Who is the one complaining of fraud? You or those who claim to have indeed received miracles?. undecided
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by PointZerom: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
If you have anything meaningful to add, please do so.

THE ONLY MEANINGFUL THING I WANT TO ADD IS THAT YOU'RE NOT MAKING SENSE.

For your information my data subscription for an attack is still valid.....
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by Ayo081(m): 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:

Why don't you deal with their ass yourself? cheesy
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 2:03am On Oct 20, 2021
Ayo081:

Why don't you deal with their ass yourself? cheesy
That is called, taking the law into the own hands. And I am a law abiding citizen cheesy So I want the authorities to step in
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 2:05am On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Who is the one complaining of fraud? You or those who claim to have indeed received miracles?. undecided

Those who watch the pastors and their allies perform "miracles" on people and think that what they are watching is 100% real and not a staged something.
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by Kobojunkiee: 3:28am On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
Those who watch the pastors and their allies perform "miracles" on people and think that what they are watching is 100% real and not a staged something.
I don't understand. You weren't actually defrauded in anyway but you wish to have them charged for fraud? undecided

E be like say way too many of you no get better thing do for una own life be this. undecided

Not that long ago, I too lacked belief in any God and I never spent even a second of that time doing any of what you do here as my days were always booked with things to do, places to go, books to read etc.. undecided
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by NaijaSatanlst: 6:45am On Oct 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I don't understand. You weren't actually defrauded in anyway but you wish to have them charged for fraud? undecided

Making claims of a miracle is fraudulent. cheesy I hope you understand
Re: The Nigerian Church Pandemic & How To Solve It by Kobojunkiee: 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
NaijaSatanlst:
Making claims of a miracle is fraudulent. cheesy I hope you understand
You claim no miracle took place but there are 1000s who claim it did. So how do you prove this fraud? . undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Church Today: A House Of Worship Or A Business Centre? / Peter Obi At Unusual Praise 2021 Happening Live At Onitsha (pictures) / What Do You Think; Our Day And That Of Noah's Time Which Is Worse And Sinful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.