Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election (7176 Views)

How Buhari Lost Support After 4months In 1984 (NY Times Article) / Babangida Aliyu Asked To Refund N3bn He Allegedly Looted From Niger / Obj,rimi&buhari Lost Their Wives.atiku,ibb,anenih Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by ahmedoo(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2011
Talban minna i am nt surprisd at all,he makes so much noise.and nw nairalanders wil tink gov babangida is a bold person while d dude is just one fellow dat believes dat d end justifies d means.i am sure nigerlites hia on Nl can bear me witnes dat if elections wia 2b free nd fair in niger state babangida Aliyu wuld hav bn history, he has 4goten so soon hw he begd his way in,hw he settld imams to preach 2d plead wit nigerlites 2 accept d election results even though d people didnt get d desired result.Gov muazu is just a noisemaker.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Reference(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2011
evilspirit:

he must be a fool for saying that.which position

Reclaim our position , reclaim our position , reclaim our position as what, for what, to what end . When will these guys ever come down to our level.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Biscute(f): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2011
Truth is Bitter,. Babangida Aliyu you are my Role Model for your boldness.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by moderattor: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2011
is this not the governor who ordered his security forces to deny buhari entrance to his state for
"security reasons"

this man has got it all - guts , balks, words , action, anti-almajiri , all.

Hi mr. Babangida more whips on buhari-bin-laden please.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by vedaxcool(m): 10:39am On Jun 03, 2011
Babagida has finally prove why people think he smokes Indian hemp, look at his face. Bukhari remains the only politician in Nigeria that is universally acknowlegded to be truthful and honest, the like of Babagida are saboteurs who after worshipping the ritualist of Otta farm find themself in power, go to Niger state, then you will know that he is really bold, only bold leader can find time to yarn trash wihile his people are languishing in poverty, it remains one of the few state that I have passed thru where beggers stand while you eat waiting to pounce on the remains of remenants you left after eating. Yes he is bold only to the foolish who are about to face one of the miost stagnated govts in our history.And wole soyinka did say only fools vote for PDP and I believe equally can we only fools fear the MAI Gaskiya
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by OneDee(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2011
Kudos to you, Gov. Aliyu Muazu Babangida!
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by ypad: 10:57am On Jun 03, 2011
Finally without fear of contradiction am here to declare Aliyu babangida an backside licker of the highest order I've always suspected him since he tried to stop ACN from campage in Minna. He is just scared of the entire PDP corrupt culture SON OF A naughty woman!DAN GIDAN KARUWA

You called Gov. Aliyu son of a love-peddler? it's unfair. Pls, mind the words you used on people. How 'll you feel if you are address in such a way? Learn to respect others. you can not communicate effectively when you use negative words that stir up anger.[quote][/quote]
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by kabba7(m): 11:56am On Jun 03, 2011
That scoundrel!!!
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by calaway: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
it is hausa.fulani like babangida aliyu that cause some of us to believe in the existence of intelligent none violent and eccentric hausa.fulani. this man speak the truth always and condemns evil in totality however it presents. for those ingnorants among us who are oblivious of the fact tht ibb. atiku and chiroma were actively and tirlessly working with buhari to ensure that power remains in the north. and postulate the buhari was a threat to the old order to which they have classified aliyu should tell us where ibb.atiku and chiroma belong.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by bisiaet: 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2011
To be honest this man called Babangida Aliyu has always be my man because he has openly declared the truth as per the current Nigeria severally but the Northern clown still remain adamant to learn and see beyond their nose.

Buhari is a man with a very dangerous, tyrant, fundamentalism,& tribalism intention choosen Bakare as running mate is like a lion choosing goat as a house mate all is lie,callous and deception to win cheap vote and sympathy. I had said it before that all Buhari has in mind is not what he says outside, this man called Buhari has finished is underground dangerous network to unleash terror and pain to the heart of Nigerians in the name of cleaning up the country. But God said "NO"

BabaNgida Aliyu was very right I know so many will speak against this governor but what he said is nothing but the truth though it is very bitter. The truth is the North need to redress themselve again and resell themselves to Nigeria if they still want to be relevant because the Nigeria of today is no longer the Nigeria of the North anylonger those days are gone. We have all know the truth, see the truth, know those who are really the enermy of this nation, we now know those who are pretenders and downfall seekers for Nigeria. Any way the truth is Nigeria is moving ahead if anyone refused to join in the train of geniue development and freedom of life then the person will be left behind in the wildersness of darkworld and have himself to be blame.

Buhari, Babangida, Atiku sorry Nigeria has move on so plus you minus you Nigeria remains.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by jmaine: 9:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^ Correct Person . . . abeg, take two bottles of Kunu for my head cheesy cheesy . .Your wordings na the very steez . . . .
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by jonah19: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
chief servant shut up! go and repair your roads linking the state with other states.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by rasputinn(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2011
^^^
Why should he shut up and why must it be roads linking his state with your state he has to repair undecided
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by jonah19: 10:22am On Jun 04, 2011
I hope we have people from Niger to testify about what this man Aliyu achieved for the last four years, or as federal permanent secretary. pls tell him to go an fix all the roads linking the major towns in the state, i.e Minna to Suleja, Minna to Kaduna, Minna to Kontogora etc. On this roads I mention always every day lives lost on contnue basis. What is the essence of a government,
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by salbis(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2011
A VERY CLEAR ONE I THINK!
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by rasputinn(m): 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2011
jonah 19:

I hope we have people from Niger to testify about what this man Aliyu achieved for the last four years, or as federal permanent secretary. pls tell him to go an fix all the roads linking the major towns in the state, i.e Minna to Suleja, Minna to Kaduna, Minna to Kontogora etc. On this roads I mention always every day lives lost on contnue basis. What is the essence of a government,

So he should not advise Buhari,who obviously is bigoted and so power-hungry,he resorted to terrorism,to be more nationalistic in his pipe dream quest for the presidencyjust because he has not fixed those roads
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by victorazy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 04, 2011
Is he a Christian?
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by luluosas(m): 6:15pm On Jun 04, 2011
@daroz This is how it is, pple will always want to identify with the winner, he has an interior motive for saying that.

With Gov Aliyu single handedly lambasting Buhari in any given time is a clear indication that, PDP is preparing him as the next Presidential Candidate after Jonathan. Do you know why? He will always says he is the only person that openly spoke against Buhari, so, they will consider him. This man is failure.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by rasputinn(m): 6:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^^
This your theorem is very weird indeed
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
luluosas:

With Gov Aliyu single handedly lambasting Buhari in any given time is a clear indication that, PDP is preparing him as the next Presidential Candidate after Jonathan. Do you know why? He will always says he is the only person that openly spoke against Buhari, so, they will consider him. This man is failure.

lol
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Johndoe100(m): 6:43pm On Jun 05, 2011
I like this guy. He says it like it is. Good guy.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by marvix(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
Gov Aliyu has always been known to say it as it is no matter whose ox is gored, he was among the 1st govs to openly tell everyone that an empty treasury was left by his predecessor from the same party, in the heat of the zoning debate he again was the northerner who told the North that zoning is a political strategy not a political right, the servant leader is a savvy politician.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by luluosas(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2011
Gov Aliyu makes U-turn on Buhari
Tuesday, 07 June 2011 00:00 Ayegba Israel Ebije, Minna
E-mail Print PDF
24Share
Niger State Governor Dr. Muazu Babangida Aliyu yesterday said the Congress of Progressive Change (CPC) presidential candidate; retired General Muhamadu Buhari is the conscience of the nation. This is coming barely a week after he said at a gathering in Jos, that the Buhari led CPC would have turned the North upside down if it had won the April election.

Aliyu, who spoke at the inauguration ceremony of the newly elected members of the state House of Assembly in Minna, said he is not only close to General Buhari, but that he also respects him.

“Many people do not know my relationship with General Buhari. He is the moral conscience of this nation and a lover of good things. Many times when I speak, I get misquoted to give the impression that I have something against him, but I have nothing against him. He is a man I respect so much, not because he is a general or a former Head of State. I have a personal relationship with General Mohammadu Buhari, and I admire him as a leader,” he said.

The governor maintained that he would continue to talk as a public servant, calling on members of the House of Assembly to always express themselves.

“Some people want to gag me because according to them, I talk too much, but during the last campaign, I noticed that some people did not know about projects that were executed in their areas by the state government until we told them. I urge you, members of the House of Assembly to always speak about whatever you do for the people because it is your right to do so,” he said.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20600:gov-aliyu-makes-u-turn-on-buhari-&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

You see why these people cannot be trusted? Double speaking people. He is now afraid that, the Niger State House of Assembly is no longer PDP sole members, hence his U-Turn on Buhari.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by enyojo(f): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=15pt]I did not insult Buhari, says Babangida Aliyu [/size]

By Olu Jacob
June 7, 2011 12:19AM
print email

The governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu, who was reported to have called Muhammadu Buhari a bad leader, thus drawing the ire of the retired general, has denied making the statement.

Mr Aliyu, who was speaking at yesterday’s inauguration of the state lawmakers, said he had enormous respect for Mr Buhari, and the alleged insult was a figment of somebody’s imagination. He said he had never insulted the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progress Change as reported by a section of the media.

“I have a lot of respect for General Buhari as a former Nigerian leader and elder statesman; people misinterpreted my statement on him after the general election. I never insulted General Buhari,” the governor told the gathering which included the CPC chairman in the state, Umar Shuaibu, and three CPC legislators.

He accused some Nigerians of “twisting remarks” of public functionaries to satisfy their whims and caprices, and warned about the danger of such actions to the unity of the country.

Mr Aliyu had come under severe criticism from supporters of the former general after he was quoted in Jos, Plateau State, during a retreat organised for elected officials in the North Central geo political zone of the country to have said how lucky Nigerians were that Mr Buhari lost the April elections. He was allegedly making allusions to the violence that attended the polls in the north and the attendant agony.

Servants of the people

Mr Aliyu had, during yesterday’s event, admonished the new legislators not to use their powers to threaten his administration; rather, they should think of making good laws for the development of the state.

He advised them to consider themselves as servants of the people, not their masters, and remarked that it had been the cornerstone of his government this last four years. Mr Aliyu urged members to take great interest in their constituency projects and ensure that they are well executed.

Traditional rulers and prominent politicians were among the teeming supporters and relations of the elected lawmakers who attended the inauguration.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by ahmedoo(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2011
4 those dat hav talba as dia role model u nid a rethink, talba is just a noise maker,he always wants 2get al d atention,nd nw he has goten it, i xpectd inteligent nairalander 2 find out d d true condition of niger state nd hw talba managd to rig his way bak 2 power, its really sad 2knw dat nigerians dnt get it as it is.
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by XueRengui: 1:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Interesting
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Akon419(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lagosboy:
This guy speaks to much and most of the time it is utter rubbish that he speaks. All this guy is worried about is that he almost lost his seat to CPC and is happy he won by whatever means he used.

The northern elite are jittery about the masses taken over in the person of Buhari, they fear their relevance will be lost forever. This new guys want to be the face of the north in 2015 and beyond. Buhari is this and Buhari is that , when he should bloody focus on governance in his state.
utter rubbishi for speaking the truth abi?
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by stebell(m): 2:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
Babagida Aliyu saying the truth, knowing the truth since 1960.
That's why he didn't join those children to the APC.
He already knows that Buhari jus like El-Rufai said is unelectable.

GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Collynzo22: 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by Collynzo22: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2014
can everyone be wrong?
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by XueRengui: 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
Ok
Re: Babangida Aliyu: Thank God Buhari Lost The Election by gists: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
XueRengui:
Ok
Stop the mischief.
This thread is for 2011 elections.
From the look of things, By the grace of GOD, GMB is head for Aso rock come May 29.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

30 Killed In Soldiers, Boko Haram Gun Fight / Soldiers Launch House-To-House Search In Niger / See What Donald Trump Said About Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.